Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:18 PM   #4921
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You can try using DDU and hit Intel on the option list. I'm curious why you had corrupt entries; that sounds like a WHEA or CPU/mem OC related problem. Could have been from the BSOD I guess.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:23 PM   #4922
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Never got a BSOD. My computer has not had any WHEA errors before or after installing this card. The Intel remnants seem to be from my ASUS TUF board drivers. I still have a couple of ASUS files that I find and kill routinely. I do think a windows install will fix all.

I did back down CPU PBO overclock from 200 MHz to 175 MHz. I also updated firmware on the card and now kid is playing for past 1.5 hours without incident. Will do trouble shooting proper over weekend including a windows reinstall.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:30 PM   #4923
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

PBO 200 BSOD mine, since going to 175 it hasnt.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 24, 2021, 01:25 PM   #4924
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I never had BSOD. I backed down simply because I felt it “maybe” contributing to something. Will continue and keep a close watch. As I said my first order is to get the card stable and then get into overclocking. Right now most errors pointed out software issues and thus far it is working fine. I need to have 2-3 stable days and on weekend I will put it through the paces once again. Another idea suggested to me is to not use cable extensions. I am not sure if that is a real issue or made up one so will try that as last resort. Plenty of things to do to trouble shoot and no time. For now focus is on mining which keeps a stable draw on the card and doesn’t push it too hard or leave it completely idle.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 03:00 PM   #4925
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Cable extensions can be an issue if they are cheap, crappy cables. The way electricity works means the shorter the run, the better. If you have great cables from the PSU, but then use garbage gauge cable extensions, then the great cables won't matter.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Feb 24, 2021, 03:16 PM   #4926
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Cable extensions can be an issue if they are cheap, crappy cables. The way electricity works means the shorter the run, the better. If you have great cables from the PSU, but then use garbage gauge cable extensions, then the great cables won't matter.
But, but, but.... RGB!!!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2021, 03:46 PM   #4927
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Never got a BSOD. My computer has not had any WHEA errors before or after installing this card. The Intel remnants seem to be from my ASUS TUF board drivers. I still have a couple of ASUS files that I find and kill routinely. I do think a windows install will fix all.

I did back down CPU PBO overclock from 200 MHz to 175 MHz. I also updated firmware on the card and now kid is playing for past 1.5 hours without incident. Will do trouble shooting proper over weekend including a windows reinstall.
KAC here's a definition of beware what you wish for

.."used to tell people to think before they say that they want something and to suggest that they may not actually want it." Ring a bell

I wasn't interested in buying a 3090 but I did because it was all I could get and absolutely loving it in gaming. It's taken me to another level and it's excellent. A great card for gaming at stock so no need to O/C unless for epeen.

If yours is OK for mining and good in games keep it and move on TBH especially as you like the RGB aagh, horrible.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2021, 03:46 PM   #4928
KAC

Never heard anyone call Lian Li Strimmer or Phanteks extension cables garbage. But if that is true I am happy to throw them out and go back to my EVGA red cables. Those things have served me well and still look dope to me.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 04:06 PM   #4929
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Never heard anyone call Lian Li Strimmer or Phanteks extension cables garbage.

First time for everything.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2021, 04:07 PM   #4930
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Never heard anyone call Lian Li Strimmer or Phanteks extension cables garbage. But if that is true I am happy to throw them out and go back to my EVGA red cables. Those things have served me well and still look dope to me.
That may not be the issue but if issues continue you may want to remove them.

yoz
Old Feb 24, 2021, 04:38 PM   #4931
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
I don’t quite understand where the argument is. It is 1869 MSRP and the dude paid tax.

Yes it's difficult comparing to US prices, because they don't include tax in advertised price.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 04:39 PM   #4932
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
I wasn't calling them garbage. I'm just saying, if you have low quality gauge wires connected to good quality, the good quality won't matter.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 04:41 PM   #4933
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

They would be my first suspect too..
Old Feb 24, 2021, 05:40 PM   #4934
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It's pretty easy to remove them and then test.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:56 AM   #4935
demo
space cadet

Yes exactly, that would be my first port of call. Secondly, I don't know about KAC's PSU but I can switch mine between multi and single rail. Switch to single rail for such a high power sucking GPU.
Old Yesterday, 02:00 AM   #4936
KAC

Would you still test if the crash is more crash to desktop. I have now had 2 crashes to desktop in COD and 2 reboots (1 in COD and 1 in Death Stranding).

Just all around pissed off right now.
Old Yesterday, 03:49 AM   #4937
demo
space cadet

Yeh. First, remove any OC. Secondly, I'd definitely remove those cable extensions for testing. Can't you just put the RGB sleeves over your PSU cables anyway? I can't remember but it seemed they could be separated from the actual Lian Li cable extensions. I removed my sleeved cables when installing 3090, just using the PSU's standard black 8-pins.

How is PCIE slot Wattage? If the mainboard is not so robust it might act a little flakey.

And silly question, did you reinstall drivers when swapping over GPU?
Old Yesterday, 03:57 AM   #4938
demo
space cadet

I posted this in mining thread, but will put here so as to not spam the mining thread with further posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
What are your figures if you run Kombustor at 4k?

Not furmark doughnut test, just the 'msi-01' test. It's a little more realistic on GPU.

https://www.geeks3d.com/furmark/kombustor/downloads/

And 150W on the 8-pins?! Hrmm
Old Yesterday, 04:10 AM   #4939
KAC

Will check. I did the clean install using Geforce experience.
Old Yesterday, 06:46 AM   #4940
Nunz
RIP Roxen

What powersupply is this by the way?

Oh, and reinstall Windows. I know it sucks, but I have a feeling..
Old Yesterday, 07:12 AM   #4941
KAC

Mine is EVGA G2 1300 watts. All rails etc are on point. Really no issue apparently on power side.
I also suspect windows as it is not even my overclock since I am not getting WHEA errors or anything and card has been mining for 1.5 days. Just crashes on games at default clocks and that too randomly. Nothing also showing up in event viewer also now (previously was getting nv driver errors when I didn’t update firmware or did a full reinstall of drivers).
Old Yesterday, 07:51 AM   #4942
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Sounds like a turd to me, You were not having any of these problems with the TUF, Only possibly I guess would be the increased power draw? Is the 3090 really even that much more then a 3080? You swapped out an NV card for an NV card, I have a hard time believing its windows.

Last edited by Nascar24 : Yesterday at 08:12 AM.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM   #4943
KAC

Yes I swapped out between 3080 and 3070 seamlessly. I didn’t even reinstall drivers. If power is the culprit I will connect the cables directly to the card with my red cables. RIP RGB.

However, suddenly Intel interference seems odd. And other behaviors that have nothing to do with the nvidia card or drivers.
Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM   #4944
acroig
Master Troll

KAC, would you mind starting a new thread about this issue with the 3090? It does not belong in this thread.

You know we're all dying to see the remorse thread.....

yoz
Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM   #4945
KAC

Sure I can. However, not sure what is an official thread about then if cards are already released except to talk about price, card issues, or something else?
Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM   #4946
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

In other news...

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."

Last edited by Seyiji : Yesterday at 09:46 AM.
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM   #4947
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Sure I can. However, not sure what is an official thread about then if cards are already released except to talk about price, card issues, or something else?
Just a thread about your 3090 issues and troubleshooting it so it does not get lost in this one.

Thanks.

This one is for gen 3x00 such as what Seyiji posted above.

yoz
Old Today, 03:12 AM   #4948
KAC

I want to thank SirPauly for sending me an absolutely free FTW3 hybrid kit. I am extremely grateful and would like to return the favor in kind to SirPauly and the amazing community whenever an opportunity arises.