Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:08 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hamidxa
Banned

Hamidxa is still being judged by the masses

Default How to Gain Weight?

Im going to start weightlifting again, and ive lost pretty much all of the weight that i had gained when i used to poump up teh shet before.

Now, im trying to gain it back.

But it took me 3 years (an ectomorph--someone whos naturally lean) to put on like 30 lbs and most of that time i was eating ~ 2 meals a day, plus a 2000 calorie GNC weight gainer shake like 5 days a week.

Ughhh, that stuff still makes me nearly throw up just thinking about it.

Now i know a lot of people are trying to lose weight, but for people like me, what should i be eating and how much of it should i be eating to gain weight

Just FYI, i usually dont like to eat that much, but thats probably because ive just conditioned my body to not be hungry on such a small appetite over the last few years.

But basically, HELP!

Last edited by Hamidxa : Jan 5, 2005 at 12:12 AM.
Hamidxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:10 AM   #2
ZhaoYun
Honorable Tiger

ZhaoYun is still being judged by the masses

I suggest a high protein diet with plenty of eggs.
ZhaoYun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:13 AM   #3
chigger_ns
Do the Xmas Cart-moon

chigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultychigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Eat high carbs. Carbs are fuel for the body! Or weight gain products.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:13 AM   #4
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled with

eat crap (ie) foods.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:13 AM   #5
Villainess
Haaaaaaiiii

Villainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

High protein diets aid in losing weight too. Depends if you are tlaking about muscle or actual weight. I know plenty of people who have lost weight with protein. I recommend Carbohydrates Hamidxa - heaps of bread and potatoes and pasta and stuff. You don't really need to eat bigger meals, just put more carbs into them.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:16 AM   #6
Hamidxa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
High protein diets aid in losing weight too. Depends if you are tlaking about muscle or actual weight. I know plenty of people who have lost weight with protein. I recommend Carbohydrates Hamidxa - heaps of bread and potatoes and pasta and stuff. You don't really need to eat bigger meals, just put more carbs into them.

Carbs eh....

Yeah, this might help you guys make even more suggestions.

I dont care if its fatty foods or whatever.
Its VERY VERY easy for me to turn (what little i have) fat into muscle because of my body structure.

So, my understanding now is that carbs help you to put fat on, whereas protein simply helps to produce lean muscle mass

Give me more diet and foods suggestions please, the fattier the better, so long as its not too unhealthy or clogs up my arteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa

Drink milk and lots of amino acids.

Do not cross train or (Super set). Remember, you want to keep your metabolism
down. Get an ECG watch and start your next set when you are down under
65% VO2Max...

Ok, i got potatoes, bread, pasta, milk, and........amino acids (what kind of foods should i eat/drink to get that).

Heh yeah, when i walked into GNC the other day, i asked them "Now i know you sell products to speeden up a persons metabolism, but do you have any that say slow it down?"
They were confused needless to say
However i was serious.

Last edited by Hamidxa : Jan 5, 2005 at 12:21 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:18 AM   #7
Villainess
Haaaaaaiiii

Villainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshVillainess kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamidxa
Carbs eh....

Yeah, this might help you guys make even more suggestions.

I dont care if its fatty foods or whatever.
Its VERY VERY easy for me to turn (what little i have) fat into muscle because of my body structure.

So, my understanding now is that carbs help you to put fat on, whereas protein simply helps to produce lean muscle mass

Give me more diet and foods suggestions please, the fattier the better, so long as its not too unhealthy or clogs up my arteries.
Well form my experience, protein helps people to lose weight fast - providing they excersize.

Carbs help with fat if you don't excersize - or muscle if you do.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:22 AM   #8
Tyler582
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Tyler582 is still being judged by the masses

how about chinese food? pizza? chips? beer? fries? burgers? cmon man. if you jsut get fat the muscles automatically should build up then you just gotta trim.

sry if i sound like a noob, just seems to be the way it works for me.

-Tyler
ASUS UL30-VT A1 13.3" Notebook w/64GB SSD
Tyler582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:19 AM   #9
JAKJ
Radeon R520

JAKJ is still being judged by the masses

Pump those girly-man muscles and chug down the wieght gain shakes

Its all about Protien Protien Protien, lots of meat eggs etc

*note*

If you want muscles that is, and the amino acid supplements aswell (as mentioned above)

Last edited by JAKJ : Jan 5, 2005 at 12:25 AM.
JAKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:22 AM   #10
Hamidxa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKJ
Pump those girly-man muscles and chug down the wieght gain shakes

Its all about Protien Protien Protien, lots of meat eggs etc

No more weight gain shakes.

Well, then again, my only experience was from 2+ years of GNCs weight gainer 2200 Gold.......ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, nasty nasty nasty.

Too thick, tasted like what i presume chalk would taste like, and it would take me nearly 30 mins to guzzle down an entire blender full of that crap.

Theres got to be more alternatives in the way of real foods?

Whats this "whey" that i keep hearing about.

Oh, and as far as eggs are concerned, im all for it , but should i be concerned about the cholesterol levels associated with eggs?

Last edited by Hamidxa : Jan 5, 2005 at 12:25 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:35 AM   #11
JAKJ
Radeon R520

JAKJ is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
No more weight gain shakes.

Well, then again, my only experience was from 2+ years of GNCs weight gainer 2200 Gold.......ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, nasty nasty nasty.

Too thick, tasted like what i presume chalk would taste like, and it would take me nearly 30 mins to guzzle down an entire blender full of that crap.

Theres got to be more alternatives in the way of real foods?

Whats this "whey" that i keep hearing about.

Oh, and as far as eggs are concerned, im all for it , but should i be concerned about the cholesterol levels associated with eggs?
Not all weight gain/protien powders taste bad, especially if you blend them in with a smothie (like a protien rich banana smothie ) Weight Gain 900 (9000?) is pretty decent.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:35 AM   #12
scottweil4nd
Radeon Sea Islands

scottweil4nd is still being judged by the masses

eat lots in calories, low in fat ; simple as that

cereals are good, and they taste good ; something along the lines of cheerios
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:46 AM   #13
Hamidxa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottweil4nd
eat lots in calories, low in fat ; simple as that

cereals are good, and they taste good ; something along the lines of cheerios

Why low in fat

My whole goal is to put on fat. Weight and fat are synonymous to me since i dont care if im eating fatty foods because i can easily convert them to muscle afterwards.

Basically, with the help of you guys of course, i want to make a list of weight-gaining foods to eat.

So far i got:

Bread
Potatoes
Milk
Eggs
Meats
Pasta
Cereal (such as cheerios).
Amino acids (not sure what foods contain those)

What else?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:47 AM   #14
Villainess
Haaaaaaiiii

Quote:
Why low in fat

My whole goal is to put on fat. Weight and fat are synonymous to me since i dont care if im eating fatty foods because i can easily convert them to muscle afterwards.

Basically, with the help of you guys of course, i want to make a list of weight-gaining foods to eat.

So far i got:

Bread
Potatoes
Milk
Eggs
Meats
Pasta
Cereal (such as cheerios).
Amino acids (not sure what foods contain those)

What else?
Rice
Fruits with natural fat (avocados)
The occasional serving of Take-out
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:51 AM   #15
Hamidxa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
Rice
Fruits with natural fat (avocados)
The occasional serving of Take-out

Rice?

Really

Our national food is rice basically. And ive never seen an overweight persian.

Also (not a racial thing), a lot of Oriental people, especially Chinese and Japanese live off of rice. But ive never met a "fat" Chinese/Japanese person.

Rice has the potential to make you fat?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:53 AM   #16
Oui
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Oui is still being judged by the masses

I have the same problem as you ( ectomorph body high metabolisim )

Is there anyway to change your metabolisim / body type? I heard arnild swarznegger used to be an ectomoprh.

As far as I know you want high calorie high carb food, and protein for the mussles.

Thing is I bet you can eat as much as you want to just like me and not put on a bit of weight. I might try those shakes... beats eating 2000 calories or more worth of food anyway
Old Jan 5, 2005, 01:33 AM   #17
Beak
Radeon Northern Islands

Location: United States BuRp!!! Dey Dont make CheeKins likE day uSed TA!!
Beak is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oui

Is there anyway to change your metabolisim / body type? I heard arnild swarznegger used to be an ectomoprh.

As far as I know you want high calorie high carb food, and protein for the mussles.

Thing is I bet you can eat as much as you want to just like me and not put on a bit of weight. I might try those shakes... beats eating 2000 calories or more worth of food anyway
Arnold was rich in steroid abuse for years just cuase he says he didnt dont go believing it. In his Pumping Iron video in th eoriginal unedited version you can see him smoking a doober at the very end of the film.

Protien shakes arent a good way to get protiens their good for a fast ingestion after workout when your muscles need it the most but thats about the best reason for it.
Those shakes you dont want more than about 6 scoops a day or rather 6 half scoops in those big scoopers.

Snagged another guys diet i start off with oatmeal and yogurt at breakfast right now im tard of over 6 months of tuna i cant grill anymore so i dont cook my meats much sucks.

Meal 1 about 11am -
7 eggs(4 whole)
3 shedded Wheat Biscuts
2 Whole wheat toast w/ Peanut butter
1 Orange

Meal 2 (2H later)
Shake w/ 40g Dextrose
meal 3- 30min later
6-10oz Tuna
14 oz Sweet Pot.
Meal 4
8-10oz Chicken
16oz Brown Rice
Meal 5
8oz Chicken
12oz Brown Rice
100g Yoguart
Meal 6
12oz Chicken
80z Brown Rice

That is "typical day"

Totals: 288g protien 334g carbs 53g fat Totals cals: 3868

Last edited by Beak : Jan 5, 2005 at 01:35 AM.
Beak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 02:16 AM   #18
Japps
Ernie just shat his pants

Japps is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oui

Same problem here

This thread is going more and more interesting

Black Canon Digital Rebel XTI (10 mp) with Canon Speedlite 420 EX
Sigma 10-20mm EX DG - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 EX DG - Canon 70-200 F4 L
Japps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 02:31 AM   #19
Hamidxa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oui

Yeah i heard the same thing, and yep you pretty much hit the nail on the head.
That and also the fact that i dont have much of an appetite unless i force myself to eat, but then again...maybe if i just ate more like some "overweight" people do, then perhaps that might help , but i still know i wouldnt get as large, being an ectomorph.

Oh, and those 2000 calorie drinks are DISGUSTING MAN.
NO ONE i have ever met has actually enjoyed drinking one.
Youll feel like throwing up after drinking a pitcher full of that stuff every time.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 06:47 AM   #20
Doozer
lollollollol

Doozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhaoYun
I suggest a high protein diet with plenty of eggs.
Tuna, plenty of tuna Though you must eat it within 45 mins of a workout for best results.

Last time I was building myself, eating plenty of tuna/pasta/jacket potatoes after a workout really made a big difference.

Steroids are another option

Nikon D7100,
Nikkor 16-35mf f4
Sigma 120-400mm
Nikon 18-55mm kit lens,
Sigma 70-300 APO Macro,
Nikkor 50mm f1.8,
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro HSM,
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DG,
Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 HSM,
Sigma x2 TC
Remote shutter release ,
Raynox D250 closeup/macro attachment,
Kenko extension tubes,
reverse lens adaptor,
Nikon SB800 flash,
Vivitar 285HV Flash unit,
Tripod (x2),
Monopod

Rage3d flickr Group
Doozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 08:14 AM   #21
SpiTFir3
Who's the man?

SpiTFir3 is still being judged by the masses

when i wrestled i was a scrawny 145 pounder, and by the 2nd year i was in 171 weightclass lol :P i have a high metabolism so i can eat my stomach off and not gain anything and i have like 0 bodyfat. But what worked for me was a high protein diet. I used to drink these Myoplex mass protein shakes... and i took creatine for a while. I didnt eat any fatty foods, i ate healthy. I REALLY dont think you need carbs or fatty foods or ANYTHING like that just lotta protein... maybe a few calories here and there :P But dont just try and get FAT what you want to do is gain mass!

edit: Muscle mass! omg i just read this thread, eveyones trying to kill you :P dont eat anything. you can starve yourself and still gain 20 pounds of bare muscle in a year. Some of the protein shakes arent that bad either btw. The bars are Shat!
    /O     /\   /  \      \
   /   O  /O \ / O  \O____O\ ))
((/_____O/    \\    /O     /
  \O    O\    / \  /   O  /
   \O    O\ O/   \/_____O/
    \O____O\/ ))    

Last edited by SpiTFir3 : Jan 5, 2005 at 08:16 AM.
SpiTFir3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 08:21 AM   #22
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

BEEEFCAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!

Seriously, just get some regular cardovacular exercise and feel greatfull that you dont have to work at it to get a good figure. Once you start poumpin teh shat, it takes lots effort to keep going that way.
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 02:56 PM   #23
curio
BananaD

curio glows with the radiance of a thousand sunscurio glows with the radiance of a thousand sunscurio glows with the radiance of a thousand sunscurio glows with the radiance of a thousand sunscurio glows with the radiance of a thousand sunscurio glows with the radiance of a thousand sunscurio glows with the radiance of a thousand sunscurio glows with the radiance of a thousand sunscurio glows with the radiance of a thousand sunscurio glows with the radiance of a thousand sunscurio glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpyhed

BEEEEEFCAAAAAAKE!

Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:13 AM   #24
MasterGoa
Moon over madness

MasterGoa has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMasterGoa has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMasterGoa has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMasterGoa has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMasterGoa has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMasterGoa has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMasterGoa has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMasterGoa has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMasterGoa has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMasterGoa has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMasterGoa has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

1- To get back into shape:

To monster sets (time constrained recovery sets)
where you to a set of 8-12 to exhaustion and then wait 10-20 seconds
and do another 2-3 reps. This will be part of your set.

2- To gain weight, you need to slow you metabolism down.
There is no real way to do this so you need to concentrate
on not brigning it up.
4-5 sets of 6-8 reps once you are close to where you were.

Drink milk and lots of amino acids.

Do not cross train or (Super set). Remember, you want to keep your metabolism
down. Get an ECG watch and start your next set when you are down under
65% VO2Max...
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 02:31 AM   #25
Sonicology

Sonicology is still being judged by the masses

I'm in the middle of an 8 week cycle and have gained 6 Kilos by increasing my dietery protein and carbs, supplemented with 50 grams of whey and 5 grams of creatine daily.

Oh and lots of gym (yes gym, noob), but then I do work in a sports centre so gym is free for me
Sonicology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 03:34 AM   #26
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Im going to start weightlifting again, and ive lost pretty much all of the weight that i had gained when i used to poump up teh shet before.

Now, im trying to gain it back.

But it took me 3 years (an ectomorph--someone whos naturally lean) to put on like 30 lbs and most of that time i was eating ~ 2 meals a day, plus a 2000 calorie GNC weight gainer shake like 5 days a week.

Ughhh, that stuff still makes me nearly throw up just thinking about it.

Now i know a lot of people are trying to lose weight, but for people like me, what should i be eating and how much of it should i be eating to gain weight

Just FYI, i usually dont like to eat that much, but thats probably because ive just conditioned my body to not be hungry on such a small appetite over the last few years.

But basically, HELP!
Sounds like you and I have the same body structure. High metabolism, muscle is easily and quickly built, eat only about two meals a day, and burn it all off before you can count to 10, lol.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 03:37 AM   #27
Skynet
Custom User Title

Skynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Put rocks in your shoes.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 05:45 AM   #28
Hamidxa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx
Sounds like you and I have the same body structure. High metabolism, muscle is easily and quickly built, eat only about two meals a day, and burn it all off before you can count to 10, lol.

I know, i hate it

I also have to roll my eyes when people mention low-in-fat foods, because thats what i really want. LOTS OF FAT, since like you mentioned we can easily convert it to muscle, but have a hell of a time keeping the weight on.

Oh, and

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonZ
Wait till your 21, you'll fatten without any help of yours
I wish that were the case, i just recently turned 26, and that metabolism isnt slowing down yet.

But ill take everyone suggestions into consideration here.
I just wish i could eat more (like Beak--thats INSANE what you eat in like 2 days is the same as what i eat in a week).

Well, ill get started on my new diet tomorrow hopefully.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 06:00 AM   #29
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I know, i hate it

I also have to roll my eyes when people mention low-in-fat foods, because thats what i really want. LOTS OF FAT, since like you mentioned we can easily convert it to muscle, but have a hell of a time keeping the weight on.

Oh, and

I wish that were the case, i just recently turned 26, and that metabolism isnt slowing down yet.

But ill take everyone suggestions into consideration here.
I just wish i could eat more (like Beak--thats INSANE what you eat in like 2 days is the same as what i eat in a week).

Well, ill get started on my new diet tomorrow hopefully.

Do you realize there are people who would kill to have bodies like ours? (fast metabolism) LOL!
Old Jan 5, 2005, 06:10 AM   #30
Oui
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Oui is still being judged by the masses

Being an ectomorph and gaining mussle is like an uphill struggle. It's like your fighting against the natural way of things. Forcing yourself to eat when you don't need to eat etc not to mention being hard on the wallet.

Try and eat food that is very dense in carbs, not junk. So instead of eating french frys or crisps eat baked potatos

McDonalds seems to be good at making people fat. This means it must be high calorie food which is usefull. Thing is it has lots of grease and other stuff you don't want which are generally unhealthy and end up causing longterm health problems.

Basically you gotta think big, eat big and exercise big. And keep it up to get results.