Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 28, 2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
kepler
Radeon Arctic Islands

kepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Details of 100 million Facebook users collected and published

Quote:
Personal details of 100m Facebook users have been harvested and published on the net by a security consultant.

Ron Bowles used a piece of code to scan Facebook profiles, collecting data not hidden by the user's privacy settings.

The list, which has been shared as a downloadable file, contains the URL of every searchable Facebook user's profile, their name and unique ID.

Mr Bowles said he published the data to highlight privacy issues, but Facebook said it was already public information.

The file has spread rapidly across the net.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10796584
kepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2010, 04:42 PM   #2
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ahhh hells yeahs!

Hot gurls all over the world are gonna be callin' me up now.

AKA I still don't give a ****.
lighting up the dark.
ScottDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2010, 04:42 PM   #3
Skynet
Banned

Skynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Are they just names and user IDs, or other info as well? The problem is really how confusing Facebook's privacy policy is, and the fact that they keep changing it.

Facebook sucks the root anyway so who cares.
Skynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 28, 2010, 04:45 PM   #4
kepler
Radeon Arctic Islands

kepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
Are they just names and user IDs, or other info as well? The problem is really how confusing Facebook's privacy policy is, and the fact that they keep changing it.

Facebook sucks the root anyway so who cares.
I assume it's everything that's public. Not sure if that includes the relationships between users though. You'd probably have to dl the torrent to know for sure.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 04:50 PM   #5
Skynet
Banned

Skynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I shall download said torrent.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 04:53 PM   #6
kepler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
I shall download said torrent.
*Rage3d accepts no liability for any crazy virii obtained from torrent sites...

Old Jul 28, 2010, 05:27 PM   #7
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ITT we post if we went to tpb and downloaded it

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2010, 05:38 PM   #8
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

my recommendation is to not put up any sensitive information on facebook. Problem solved.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2010, 05:40 PM   #9
Zoolok
The Fly

Zoolok is still being judged by the masses

Downloading, gotta see if I'm famous enough
Old Jul 28, 2010, 06:02 PM   #10
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

I have all my info available to everyone on facebook, except tel nr and mail.
I dont really care

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2010, 06:14 PM   #11
Notorious P.I.T
THRILLHO

Notorious P.I.T is still being judged by the masses

If it's real it's basically just a phone book.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 08:05 PM   #12
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Nothing even remotely interesting in it. just names and URLs

Old Jul 28, 2010, 08:14 PM   #13
Skynet
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfowler View Post
*Rage3d accepts no liability for any crazy virii obtained from torrent sites...

Well that's just great.

Meh, waste of a download. Or so I have been told.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 08:15 PM   #14
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

yup, total waste

Old Jul 28, 2010, 08:18 PM   #15
Dr. Zhivago
Sound: Serious Business

Dr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwards

This is why I still don't have a MyTwitFaceTube account...

Bedroom PC - Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 - AMD 1100T @3.7/4GHz - H50 - 8GB DDR3-1600 - HD 7870 OC - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 640GB Blue - Xonar DX - LG BDROM - Logitech 6110 - TT Volos - Antec 900 - CM 500W PSU - Samsung 32" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - BIC L/R & MTX Surround Speakers - Mission C70 Center - Sony 10" Sub - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

HTPC - Gigabyte GA-890GPA~UD3H - AthlonII X4 630 - HD6450 - 8GB DDR3-1333 - WD 500GB Black - WD 640GB Green - WD 2TB Green - LG BDROM - Ceton InfiniTV 4 w/ MCE Remote - Logitech MX5000 Laser Desktop - Corsair 450W - Silverstone LC10B-E - Sharp Aquos 46" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - PE 15" Sub - Classic Mission Speakers - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Office PC - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Intel 3570K - 16GB DDR3-1866 - HD 7950 FLEX - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 500GB Blue - WD 1TB Black - Xonar DX - Corsair 600W PSU - Antec ON1E - Logitech G5 - Logitech USB Media KB - AOC 23" LCD - Creative Inspire 2.1 - Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

5x Presentation Machines - Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 - FX-8350 w/ FX WC - 8GB DDR3-1600 - 5870 or 7870 Eyefinity 6 - 2x Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - WD 500GB Black - DVDRW - Cooler Master Sileo 500 - 600W PSU - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - Office 2010 Pro
Dr. Zhivago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2010, 09:24 PM   #16
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Zhivago View Post
This is why I still don't have a MyTwitFaceTube account...
Wanna be MyTwitFaceTube friend?
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2010, 09:30 PM   #17
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Big damn deal, anyone who doesn't have everything set to private deserves to be spread around on the Internet.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2010, 09:32 PM   #18
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

That why I never put any information of any importance on the interwebs...I have a Facebook account with next to no info on it.

Then again, I don't have any information of any importance anyway
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:12 PM   #19
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Does anyone know how many user are registered today?
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:17 PM   #20
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

They just had their 500 millionth user not long ago.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:30 AM   #21
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post

And I don't have a fb account.. good luck in finding me
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:46 AM   #22
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Then frankly I'm astounded they could only get 100m user's full data. I didn't think people in general were smart enough to use basic privacy settings 80% of the time.

That said, there's plenty of ways to get plenty of information about plenty of people without taking a lot of time or paying a dime. Sure there's generally not many databases you can just download (though you can use the white pages....), but there's enough personal information on the internet that no-one who is a user should feel absolutely secure.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 04:15 AM   #23
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

I hate girls that you want to check out on fb have their privacy on and you cant see their pics
I WANT TO SEE YOUR TITS BITCHES!

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 04:42 AM   #24
Scott
I like my backyard

Scott is still being judged by the masses

Wow, it doesn't make any sense why they're avoiding you.

I got a pair of tweezers, a can of air, and some bacardi :\

-
sittal
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 04:55 AM   #25
Raiasokura
Radeon Northern Islands

Raiasokura is still being judged by the masses

Welcome to the age where you cant go for a piss on a tree.

camera's everywhere here, and its starting to piss me off.. cops have even started dragging people out of houses ive heard. locally. No idea what the story was. Its getting bad. I hope it dies down.
Raiasokura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 04:57 AM   #26
mad
:mad:

mad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled with

Where's the privacy issue in being able to collect public data?
I mean by now everyone using facebook should know that you have to check your privacy options carefully.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."

Richard Cook
mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 04:59 AM   #27
Raiasokura
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_A_D View Post
Where's the privacy issue in being able to collect public data?
I mean by now everyone using facebook should know that you have to check your privacy options carefully.
Im on facebook as well, they've done this without permission even more pathetic goes to show where our rights are these days. they are well and truely doing us yet people sit back? and even worse without permision? these are personal accounts for christ's sake.

It can only slowly get worse. persist to resist I say. how about start a pedition online? Is there one already.

Last edited by Raiasokura : Jul 29, 2010 at 05:03 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 05:37 AM   #28
Zoolok
The Fly

Zoolok is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittal View Post
Nothing even remotely interesting in it. just names and URLs
Yeah, there's nothing to see here people, move along
Old Jul 29, 2010, 05:46 AM   #29
MaxSt
Radeon Arctic Islands

MaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiasokura View Post
they've done this without permission even more pathetic
Who is exactly done what exactly?
MaxSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 05:47 AM   #30
Raiasokura
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Personal details of 100m Facebook users have been harvested and published on the net by a security consultant.

Ron Bowles used a piece of code to scan Facebook profiles, collecting data not hidden by the user's privacy settings.

The list, which has been shared as a downloadable file, contains the URL of every searchable Facebook user's profile, their name and unique ID.

Mr Bowles said he published the data to highlight privacy issues, but Facebook said it was already public information.

The file has spread rapidly across the net.
Ive got personal PICS ON MINE THEY'VE DONE MINE AS WELL? I dont want my face to be shown to people i dont know.