Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 16, 2019, 03:46 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default No Man's Sky gets Vulkan support

https://steamcommunity.com/app/27585...0856123427223/

for those who are still interested.
I still dive into it occasionally for a relaxing stroll.
the summer update will bring vr and true multiplayer.

those with AMD cards might benefit from vulkan support.
update is still in the experimental branch, weighing in at an hefty 3.8 GB

release note for the lazy:
  • OpenGL has been replaced by Vulkan. Many players, particularly players with AMD graphics cards, should see a performance improvement.
  • Revised HDR support, updated output curve in line with advances in HDR calibration.
  • Adaptive and Triple-Buffered V-Sync are now selectable from Graphics Settings
  • Players with more than one GPU can now select which is used from Graphics Settings
  • Changing the following settings no longer require restarting:
  • Window Mode
  • Resolution
  • V-Sync
  • Shadow Detail
  • Reflection Quality
  • The ‘LOADING SHADERS’ load step has been removed, improving the loading experience.
  • Crash data is gathered via Steam to help us track down and fix issues.
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:48 PM   #2
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Finally don't need to restart after simple graphical changes

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:28 AM   #3
Athena
Radeon Sea Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Multiplayer sounds interesting. I would not mind playing this coop with my crew. I never installed it yet one of those Steam purchases that just sat there looking at me.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:13 PM   #4
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Multiplayer sounds interesting. I would not mind playing this coop with my crew. I never installed it yet one of those Steam purchases that just sat there looking at me.
You can do coop now. I 'think' what they are referring to is basically making it a MMO.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2019, 01:36 PM   #5
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

experimental seems to be running a bit like poo on my setup, and I was not happy at all to see some graphical glitches still being carried over, like planet atmospheres showing through asteroids.
I read on Steam that uninstalling the game and re-installing might help with performance, but I was kind of hoping that they would begin to squash some of the bugs that seem to go on ignored. Also still no ultra-wide support

p.s. some of the graphical changes still require restart
Old Apr 17, 2019, 01:58 PM   #6
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

No UW support or no multi monitor UW support?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2019, 02:29 PM   #7
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
No UW support or no multi monitor UW support?
none of both. UI is still stretched

also Nvidia users reporting worse performance with Vulkan. guess HG can't have both red and green run decently
Old Apr 17, 2019, 07:49 PM   #8
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
hey is there LAN multiplayer or does it have to go through a stupid online server? if supports a dedicated LAN server, I'm in!
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:20 AM   #9
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Don't believe it supports LAN.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2019, 02:43 PM   #10
Athena
Radeon Sea Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Any one play this with VR gear yet?