Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:07 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Out of curiosity, do the respec books go up a lot in price? Like double or by 50% or something more reasonable?
Yes. The first was 10k and the 2nd is listed as 30k.

During the trial there was one hidden in the world map, so I'm guessing/hoping that will be the case here.

...In the first game, things didn't feel like they really came together until close to NG+ and I think this will be the same. I picked up an amazing guardian spirit, and an armor set with set bonuses that I really want, and of course, my current build doesn't allow for either

What I've been doing, splitting between two disciplines has worked so far, but I'm hitting a ROI wall now. I just cleared another side mission - bad ass humans got wrecked, then 2 yokai that were easy before wrecked me...
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:34 PM   #92
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

My mind just got made up for me. I easily destroyed some tough yokai in another mission just now, and then mistimed a dodge on a common enemy and got one shotted.

The Tonfas > Switch Glaive, and I need a few more points in dex/str to use the better GS and gear I found.

I'm just not good enough or patient enough to run with a glass cannon
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:58 PM   #93
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
My mind just got made up for me. I easily destroyed some tough yokai in another mission just now, and then mistimed a dodge on a common enemy and got one shotted.

The Tonfas > Switch Glaive, and I need a few more points in dex/str to use the better GS and gear I found.

I'm just not good enough or patient enough to run with a glass cannon
So what're you thinking you're gonna run with to combo with the tonfas?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 16, 2020, 01:56 PM   #94
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
So what're you thinking you're gonna run with to combo with the tonfas?
I'm thinking of giving a spear a try. Everything in me wants my kusa back, but I did that to death in the first game and I really want to keep the new Nioh "new" in every way possible, including weapons I've never done much with before. I'd like something that gives me a bit of distance, so spear ...

I am beginning to get a little frustrated with drop quality. I know it's a loot game, but I'm seeing next to no quality anything any more.

And the blacksmith is as annoying as ever

I got a couple of nasty surprises as well...you'll get them too lol.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 02:21 PM   #95
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Snakey boy down. Thank ****, I can finally move on with this game. For some reason my burst counters to his charge started to connect again, hell if I know what was going on. Maybe I hit him a fraction of a second earlier, who the hell knows. I'm just glad I can do something else now.

Kinda annoyed that Corrupted weapons are just that much better so far. I have a corrupted Odachi 3 levels below another one and yet it's 30+ more dmg. I'm guessing it's that the have that extra familiarity bar. Would be nice to see things even out as I don't want it to be another seeing the same weapon on every single revenant type deal.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2020, 02:59 PM   #96
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
Snakey boy down. Thank ****, I can finally move on with this game. For some reason my burst counters to his charge started to connect again, hell if I know what was going on. Maybe I hit him a fraction of a second earlier, who the hell knows. I'm just glad I can do something else now.

Kinda annoyed that Corrupted weapons are just that much better so far. I have a corrupted Odachi 3 levels below another one and yet it's 30+ more dmg. I'm guessing it's that the have that extra familiarity bar. Would be nice to see things even out as I don't want it to be another seeing the same weapon on every single revenant type deal.
Looking forward to your impressions on the 2nd region.

They changed soul matching where the material using to upgrade needs to match or better, the material of what you're upgrading. That threw me a bit.

They also now cancel twilight missions apparently. One unlocked in the first region. It looked tough, so I thought I would go back after leveling a bit more, and now it's gone.

I don't care for that at all.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 03:11 PM   #97
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ok, first impressions, this game is seriously unforgiving
I'm running dex/skill build (Kusarigama / dual blades), hoping my CV & BB instincts carry through the worst of the learning curve.
just up to cleansing the first shrine, I suspect the lvl grinding will definitely, reduce the initial pain wall involved in this game's initial stages.

But definitely a massive improvement over Nioh1, seems to have a lot more fun to it, than grindy tedium.
EDIT: & the opportunity to recreate Ayame (from Tenchu) is a bonus to the atmosphere.
BEWARE!.. the lemon wheels
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2020, 03:19 PM   #98
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Looking forward to your impressions on the 2nd region.

They changed soul matching where the material using to upgrade needs to match or better, the material of what you're upgrading. That threw me a bit.

They also now cancel twilight missions apparently. One unlocked in the first region. It looked tough, so I thought I would go back after leveling a bit more, and now it's gone.

I don't care for that at all.
I'll let you know. Have two more sub missions to mop up in the first region before I venture forth. Just got best girl blacksmith her magatama back.

I tried soul matching one thing and the cost was more money than I had. So far I haven't gotten too into crafting. Although that's where I ran into the Corrupted thing. Purple Odachi I made that's 3 levels higher still does less damage. Ah well, that's how she goes.

I always thought they rotated Twilight missions? Then again I never played them in the first one, so I'm not the best resource on that one.

Old Mar 16, 2020, 03:48 PM   #99
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I'll let you know. Have two more sub missions to mop up in the first region before I venture forth. Just got best girl blacksmith her magatama back.

I tried soul matching one thing and the cost was more money than I had. So far I haven't gotten too into crafting. Although that's where I ran into the Corrupted thing. Purple Odachi I made that's 3 levels higher still does less damage. Ah well, that's how she goes.

I always thought they rotated Twilight missions? Then again I never played them in the first one, so I'm not the best resource on that one.
I've run into that with the corrupted weapons too. I just wait until I have another purple the same type (much cheaper) and soul match.

Twilights are usually high risk/reward, but you get better grade umbracite from them, which unlocks the tempering perks at the smith that give you all the best upgrades like pierce guard, adding your main stat to your weapons damage output etc. Very much worth the fight.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 04:08 PM   #100
Lazy8s
One day at a time

When I'm nervous about tackling something that's not even a boss...they made good on new enemy types for sure. Geez.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 04:43 PM   #101
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
When I'm nervous about tackling something that's not even a boss...they made good on new enemy types for sure. Geez.
lol, that sure sounds ominous.

Welp, finished the last mission here off to journey to new lands to be killed by new things!

Finally managed to grab a Kodama soul core too. Also got a Tanuki one. It has an interesting skill that I haven't seen activate yet though, it also has no active skill.

Old Mar 16, 2020, 05:23 PM   #102
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
lol, that sure sounds ominous.

Welp, finished the last mission here off to journey to new lands to be killed by new things!

Finally managed to grab a Kodama soul core too. Also got a Tanuki one. It has an interesting skill that I haven't seen activate yet though, it also has no active skill.
I had 3 or 4 that I merged and used it for a whole side mission... I think it gives a chance to mimic active skills or statuses that enemies have? I didn't really notice any difference.

Now the Tengu core, against human enemies...I liked that one lol. I got that beasties core that I just posted about - ugly mf You'll know it when you see it.

One thing is for sure - different cores attached to different GSs can make or break a level. A couple of them, coupled with the right GS are just OP. Which I am really good with. I'm just about to the boss in what I believe is the last main mission, 2nd area, and I need all the help I can get.

1v2 battles against humans I win every time. 1v3 most of the time, but the game just hit me with a 1v2 with a tengu and a new enemy type and they rocked my world in about 10 seconds flat.

Ouch
Old Mar 16, 2020, 06:19 PM   #103
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Ok that last boss was freaking insane, and I got it first shot. Great cutscene after too.

Wow, hands still shaking lol.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:13 PM   #104
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Yeah, it's something about status effects when targeting, I didn't get it to proc once when I was using it. Maybe there wasn't any status effects to mimic?

Finally got around to starting the second region. Had to go to the hardware store for a toilet seat so I could install something. Didn't get to play any more until like an hour or so ago. But that's neither here nor there.

They really did start stacking enemies on top of each other in this first mission. Only made one run at the boss before I decided to pack it in for the night. He doesn't seem too bad. Missed 2 Kodama so I gotta equip my Kodama Sense trinket and make another pass through the level. So. many. big tiddy snake ladies. Although they aren't so bad when I realized blocking works for like 90% of their attacks and it only does chip damage to your ki.

I still haven't figured out a second weapon to run with. I hardly ever swap from my main, for better or worse. Might just do normal sword? *shrugs*

Old Mar 17, 2020, 03:54 AM   #105
Lazy8s
One day at a time

^^^ I was going to go for a spear for 2nd weapon but I might have encountered a bug in the game. I respecced yesterday and it did not reset my skill points as it says it would. That was also reported as a bug during the alpha and beta runs.

So I have a bunch of points into the glaive, and quite frankly it's still potent as heck even though magic is much lower now.

A note on this game and co-op. I was in with a friend last night and a random dropped in with us. It was a map I had already cleared solo and it was tough, but not too bad. With 3 players, it was a freaking nightmare. So unless a player likes to be hurt solo or 2 player co-op is the way to go imo.

I'm still digging this tonfa setup, but also still disappointed at the lack of quality, more potent drops.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 11:27 AM   #106
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Are you talking about weapon skills? Thought those were on a different respec thing as they are tied per weapon. As in, you get those points from using the weapon so the points are only good for that weapon. Or are there different skills you were talking about?

Finished the boss of the first mission. Felt bad popping Yokai form, but just wanted to make sure I finished it. Now to keep on keeping one.

I keep toying with doing tonfa in second slot, but I know that leads to bad things and I become a tonfa main again. I'm pretty sure the dual weapons have the strongest blocks, tonfa, dual swords, hatchets which would be nice to have.

Got the ol' computer folding in the background while I hack away at some Yokai.

Old Mar 17, 2020, 11:36 AM   #107
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Yep weapons skills. In the first game you needed a book for leveling and a koan manual for resetting skills. You had onmyo, ninjjitsu and weapons skills, and the weapons skills could be redistributed among any weapons as you please after reset.

In this game, the book is supposed to reset both, and it only resets character level, not skills. In the alpha there was a triangle on the bottom bar that you had to hit. Nothing here though, so right now I have skills in tonfa, glaive and kusa, and the glaive and kusa are all but worthless to me at the moment - unless I respec again for those weapons.

Side note. Team Ninja F you. I just quit out of 3 side missions, one after the other. Multiple snake ladies + a monkey + snipers at the top of the pit shooting at me?

That's not difficult, that's stupid and mean lol. I love co-op, but I like SP at times too, so I can grind for weapons and armor. I'm just getting violated here.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 12:06 PM   #108
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ahh, maybe that's what I'm half remembering, the beta access. Must have been changed in release then. Boo.

Also, it's fun when you switch from a Feral to a Brute GS and you keep forgetting thus messing up all your counters. Oy! Tried checking out the snake, even though I probably should be equipping galnut broth with it now that I think about things. I'm smrt.

Damn, just finished a mission and got a set, too bad I'm not sword/spear. The set bonuses on this one aren't bad and they leave head/hands open for another 2 piece set bonus.

Last edited by YellowBeard : Mar 17, 2020 at 12:26 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 12:29 PM   #109
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Ahh, maybe that's what I'm half remembering, the beta access. Must have been changed in release then. Boo.

Also, it's fun when you switch from a Feral to a Brute GS and you keep forgetting thus messing up all your counters. Oy! Tried checking out the snake, even though I probably should be equipping galnut broth with it now that I think about things. I'm smrt.
I died like 4 times in rapid succession going from brute to a phantom, just messed me all up lol. I went back to the snake I still need to try the feral, but so far the brute seems to be the one you need to just stay alive - easy mode FTW.

I just got to (maybe) the gate outside the main boss in the second regions last main mission. One of the new enemies scared the heck out of me. Then I ran into another old enemy from the first game. Why this one? They sucked in the first game and they suck in this game .

And I am STILL using the same set of tonfa I got early in the first region. C'mon TN. Give me something new to use.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 01:32 PM   #110
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Just put the last main story boss down in region 2.

Geez, this is exhausting. I'll have to revisit this mission later. I never got the shrine at the boss location unlocked, but killed everything I could find in the area. I know I missed some kodama as well.

And I know I'm hung up on it, but nothing but garbage white/yellow weapons and armor drops. I need upgrades!
Old Mar 17, 2020, 02:54 PM   #111
Lazy8s
One day at a time

3rd region first area. I went in and 5 minutes later I was like

It's not undoable solo - it's just scary.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 03:48 PM   #112
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Haha deal with it sucker! (Also yeah, I haven't gotten an upgrade for my sword for... a long time now. Still wearing my Soyora (SP?) armor from when I fought Snakey Boy.

I did spend some time farming revenants with kurisagama buddy that follows you in the weasel level. Haven't sorted through my gains yet though. Should probably do that before the boss, see if I got anything.

Cleared the second area second mission up until the angry weasel. Taking a break before I even try that son of a bitch. Couldn't get him in the beta, but probably in a better position now.

Old Mar 17, 2020, 04:33 PM   #113
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I got it - wasn't so scary after I IDd what it was, but the set up was super well done. You'll know it when you see it lol.

I'm hurting for elixers now, never ever had that issue in the first game. And I finally got a weapon that's higher dps, even if it isn't a purple.

It'll have to do lol.

Fwiw I liked the boss you're at - animations through the fight were imaginative and pretty cool.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 06:09 AM   #114
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I've hit a wall. I don't have enough defense to last through multi enemy fights any more. I did find a weapon that let me do a massive damage boost on my tonfas, but when you're being chased down by 3 or more enemies AND sniped at the same time, it's tough to stay alive long enough. The last boss I fought is also a tough one - I couldn't survive his rapid fire attacks long enough to hit back.

The upside - after calling it quits I watched FightinCowboy's videos for the same areas, and I'm not doing anything wrong - it's build related. He also respecced to get through a couple, so that makes me feel a bit better about it lol.

Anyone else into, and surviving the 3rd region after the first mission?
Old Mar 18, 2020, 08:47 AM   #115
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

I'm still on the second area. Cleared out a sub-mission last night. Still haven't figured out what build I like the most. All of the weapon sets seem viable and good and pretty well balanced.

What build did Cowboy respec into for the 3rd area? I'm really hoping this game gets a balance patch soon.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2020, 09:07 AM   #116
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I'm still on the second area. Cleared out a sub-mission last night. Still haven't figured out what build I like the most. All of the weapon sets seem viable and good and pretty well balanced.

What build did Cowboy respec into for the 3rd area? I'm really hoping this game gets a balance patch soon.
He went for a full ninja build, which I might try. Magic was solid the first 2 areas as is a Tonfa build, but diminishing returns are beginning to show. The last 3rd region boss I fought was anywhere from 95% of my health on a hit to a one shot, in in spite of me being hard on myself, I'm fairly good at these games. But dodges have to be perfect every single time or what I have now just doesn't work.

His ninja build is still squishy, but it deals massive amounts of damage. He's killing each enemy in less than half the time I am.

I think he's also building around a single weapon only, rather than trying to balance a primary and a backup - and I think that's exactly where my mistake is.

EDIT: I think it's time to choose a single armor set and weapon and spec around that, forget everything else until NG+. I just hope the book gives me my skills back to move around. It didn't last time.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:41 AM   #117
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I've decided to stick with the Tonfa for now, but put points into stamina for tougher armor. I went back to clean up The Viper Pit level and I am finding all manner of things I missed before, including what looks like an optional boss fight.

There's also some really cheap crap Team Ninja put in here. I found a dark area, no idea how I missed it before, but could see items on beams below I missed before. I hate jumping from high places to land on a wooden beam but YOLO!!! ya know? I get the items and....there's nothing to jump onto below? And I'm carrying a ton of amrita - you bastards

I'm also stocking up on a bunch of elixer this time. I love the Tonfa, but really need to toughen up - time to explore set bonuses on heavier armors.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:49 AM   #118
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Yeah it was an optional boss and wt actual f why did it have to be him? I literally jumped.

edit: Last update on build for a bit.

-Forged a solid, GP armor set with good bonuses. Sohoya Yokai Annihilator
- Reset both guardian spirits with better soul cores - check the attack/defense rating they give you at the top of the "manage soul cores" screen at the shrine.
-managed to forge Attack onto my gauntlets, and some huge (17+% ) Ki perks - damage to enemy/defense for me onto the rest of my armor.
-Went with accessories that had ki recovery perks.

Went back in and cleared two of the side missions that I couldn't clear before no problem at all + completed a new one that was higher level/difficulty.

Hope that helps whoever reads this...

Last edited by Lazy8s : Mar 18, 2020 at 01:57 PM. Reason: update
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2020, 02:24 PM   #119
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Just starting playing again today, got past weasel bro so I probably will get to region 3 by the end of today maybe? Holy crap he's a lot more reasonable when you have the Dark Realm ki resistance and other things that you didn't get in the demo. He also didn't seem to hit as hard? Then again, that might be I don't have whatever garbage the demo threw at me as well. We'll see how far I get this session!

Holy ****, just noticed that there's a reset skill button (triangle) when you go to the Dojo, could this be what you were looking for Lazy8s?

Old Mar 18, 2020, 02:44 PM   #120
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Just starting playing again today, got past weasel bro so I probably will get to region 3 by the end of today maybe? Holy crap he's a lot more reasonable when you have the Dark Realm ki resistance and other things that you didn't get in the demo. He also didn't seem to hit as hard? Then again, that might be I don't have whatever garbage the demo threw at me as well. We'll see how far I get this session!

Holy ****, just noticed that there's a reset skill button (triangle) when you go to the Dojo, could this be what you were looking for Lazy8s?
That one helps a ton if you're sticking with the same weapon, but the book is supposed to refund all skill points. It's funny, it's like they had the idea for both and couldn't decide which to roll with lol.

I had read they did a massive balance fix when people seemed to have a really bad time getting through the beta. I got him first try and like you said, he wasn't that bad at all, certainly not what I expected.

I'm working my way through side missions 2nd area now for a bit more leveling before I tackle the next region again. I have damage on my Tonfas at just about 500 now (and there's incremental upgrades on purples!!) +1 +2 and so on and I just found a pretty wicked kusa that's nearly at 450 with my dex at 10 lol. I'm keeping that one....