Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old May 5, 2020, 09:21 AM   #301
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
This game feels a bit more action oriented and faster paced. To me, there's definitely a Dark Souls comparison to be made, but it's more "fun" than that game. It's a bit more action-RPG oriented. Think, Code-Vein or Bloodborne combined with Diablo style looter systems.
Old May 6, 2020, 07:07 AM   #302
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I've been going back through to find all the Kodama I missed. I have ~85% of the trophies....I swear it's going to be next to impossible to platinum this game.
I lied. I have 82% and that's after getting the kodama trophy. I have to master all weapons next. Which might mean a respec. Platinum is the toughest boss lol.
Old May 7, 2020, 12:17 PM   #303
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I lied. I have 82% and that's after getting the kodama trophy. I have to master all weapons next. Which might mean a respec. Platinum is the toughest boss lol.
I've been thinking about this, in regards to the passive perks, can you not just drop into the start areas and run the weapons you haven't mastered.
BEWARE!.. the lemon wheels
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 7, 2020, 12:51 PM   #304
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium121 View Post
I've been thinking about this, in regards to the passive perks, can you not just drop into the start areas and run the weapons you haven't mastered.
Yep, so far one run through the first mission in NG+ nets 7 points. After that there's a mission called The Point Of No Return that yields massive points for what it is, and it's easy too (thank you youtube ) so I load up a new weapon now, jump into the torrii gate and have at it. It's actually going faster than I thought it would.
Old May 10, 2020, 06:13 AM   #305
Lazy8s
One day at a time

For Odachi users

Old May 10, 2020, 09:59 AM   #306
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Pshh. Looks like a starter weapon...

... probably still better than what I’ve got

I mean, I like my axe. Switchglaive was fun too, but I really rarely ever switch from the odachi.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2020, 03:13 AM   #307
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Pshh. Looks like a starter weapon...

... probably still better than what I’ve got

I mean, I like my axe. Switchglaive was fun too, but I really rarely ever switch from the odachi.
All I could think was that I would HATE to piss off whoever swung that in battle lol.

I've been using the Firefly odachi to master that class - bad ass weapon. Axe and sword are all that should be left for platinum. I think I might go back to the Tonfa for the DLC though. So far they're my favorite.
Old May 11, 2020, 07:50 AM   #308
Lazy8s
One day at a time

There was a bit on a reddit thread that had a post from the devs on ....I think it was snapchat - the first DLC might be dropping this month. Sure hope so
edit: I can't find it now - wonder if it were deleted for some reason or another...
Old May 11, 2020, 09:45 PM   #309
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Snake ladies can kiss my ass.

That is all

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old May 12, 2020, 03:40 AM   #310
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Snake ladies can kiss my ass.

That is all
Yup

You still in Viper's Sanctum? There's a bunch of them in there.
Old May 12, 2020, 12:29 PM   #311
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Quote:
You still in Viper's Sanctum? There's a bunch of them in there.
The level with the snake boss.....YUP. I'm in the underground part. Starting to get my strategy with them down though.

I honestly have the most fun fighting revnants. They do some funny sh*t that keeps me on my toes but it's fun, unlike some yokai which are just like "WHY?!?!?"

Alpha

Omega

Old May 12, 2020, 12:53 PM   #312
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
The level with the snake boss.....YUP. I'm in the underground part. Starting to get my strategy with them down though.

I honestly have the most fun fighting revnants. They do some funny sh*t that keeps me on my toes but it's fun, unlike some yokai which are just like "WHY?!?!?"
There's one Yokai attack that...well...I never saw it in game with Shrike, but I've co-oped with others that got hit by it and damn man - I literally laughed for 10 minutes.

That might be what you're talking about. If so, my condolences
Old May 12, 2020, 12:58 PM   #313
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:

I really don't like those snake bitches. Their attacks have no discernible timing to react to. They hit like a truck, especially if they land their grab attack which just ****ing happens without warning. Even their red-burst yokai ability is impossible because your instinct is to interrupt it but if you're in front of her you're hosed.

I hated that pit.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2020, 01:31 PM   #314
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
I really don't like those snake bitches. Their attacks have no discernible timing to react to. They hit like a truck, especially if they land their grab attack which just ****ing happens without warning. Even their red-burst yokai ability is impossible because your instinct is to interrupt it but if you're in front of her you're hosed.

I hated that pit.
Those things are one of the very few enemies that I still cringe when I see them. Just brutal. Raven Tengu is the other. They're just tough and nearly impossible to stagger. Not a fan lol.
Old May 12, 2020, 08:33 PM   #315
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Co-op with Cyko - that was a blast We need to get Shrike in there for a threesome

Old May 15, 2020, 03:58 AM   #316
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Update 1.09 dropped last night. Several new missions. Good stuff
Old May 15, 2020, 07:00 AM   #317
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Several new missions.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2020, 08:44 AM   #318
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post

I'm pretty sure this won't fall under official DLC. No Dream of the Demon and I still can't level past 300.

Tell you what though, final boss is NOT a push over any more. New movesets and skills - wrecked my ass twice.
Old May 18, 2020, 10:51 AM   #319
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

New most hated enemy: the stupid umbrella things. One scared the sh*t outta me last night

Alpha

Omega

Old May 18, 2020, 10:54 AM   #320
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
New most hated enemy: the stupid umbrella things. One scared the sh*t outta me last night
yeah they will mess up your progress for sure lol.

I was hoping you would give me a buzz. A buddy calling for a game > refinishing a bathroom
Old May 18, 2020, 05:13 PM   #321
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Quote:
yeah they will mess up your progress for sure lol.

I was hoping you would give me a buzz. A buddy calling for a game > refinishing a bathroom
I just may on this mission I’m on. I always try and at least get through things once to do a skill check. I’m now on 1st mission in the Shadow area and those stupid Owl things with the orb are driving me nuts.

Alpha

Omega

Old May 18, 2020, 06:56 PM   #322
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I just may on this mission I’m on. I always try and at least get through things once to do a skill check. I’m now on 1st mission in the Shadow area and those stupid Owl things with the orb are driving me nuts.
I love that map
Old May 18, 2020, 11:15 PM   #323
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Owl boss down, 1st try. I’m still amazed that some regular enemies give me more trouble than bosses

Got the secret tea house and signed up for a class. Totoyama I think.

Alpha

Omega

Old May 19, 2020, 01:05 PM   #324
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Owl boss down, 1st try. I’m still amazed that some regular enemies give me more trouble than bosses

Got the secret tea house and signed up for a class. Totoyama I think.
Yep. Same here.

edit: Drop date for the 1st DLC is supposed to be July 30th. Nioh 1's difficulty from vanilla game to DLC was....high. I'm wondering if this will be the same.
Old May 21, 2020, 08:46 AM   #325
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Woooo.

I think I’m at the last main mission in the shadow area. Ice samurai a-hole from both the first main mission and the side mission caused me innumerable deaths, so I finally just played chickensh*t chip away at his health game for 20 minutes.

Also up to 190 revnant kills

Alpha

Omega

Old May 21, 2020, 08:59 AM   #326
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Woooo.

I think I’m at the last main mission in the shadow area. Ice samurai a-hole from both the first main mission and the side mission caused me innumerable deaths, so I finally just played chickensh*t chip away at his health game for 20 minutes.

Also up to 190 revnant kills
That's one of my favorite boss fights in the game I think I'm at ~1k revenant kills lol...lately they're dropping crap gear though - no way lvl 245 players are using non leveled weapons...armor drops are good though.

I've got 2 builds DLC ready and am putting together my favorite Odachi build now. I love that you can save all your builds and switch between them with a click.

Also FYI - the game drops level 170 soul cores occasionally, great for leveling a weapon through the roof I've gotten 2 in ~500 hours of play
Old May 21, 2020, 11:44 PM   #327
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Ok. I just died literally 30 times in the duel with Lord Nobunannaganba or whatever his name is, but I beat him.

Makes you feel alive

Alpha

Omega

Old May 22, 2020, 07:34 AM   #328
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Ok. I just died literally 30 times in the duel with Lord Nobunannaganba or whatever his name is, but I beat him.

Makes you feel alive
I can't wait for your feedback from the "Ruin Draws Near" mission. That'll get your blood pumping.

Not counting side missions, I think you're close to the halfway mark...
Old May 22, 2020, 10:03 AM   #329
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

So, question about the blue revnants...

I know the swords next to the name is a symbol for how deadly they are, etc., but how does one up ones own # of swords for when I drop a marker to help others? There's a lot not explained at all in this game.

Alpha

Omega

Old May 22, 2020, 10:36 AM   #330
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
So, question about the blue revnants...

I know the swords next to the name is a symbol for how deadly they are, etc., but how does one up ones own # of swords for when I drop a marker to help others? There's a lot not explained at all in this game.
I believe it's dependant on the level/difficulty of the area. I've had 4 swords show my build in one area, then just 1 sword in the next.

With revenants it makes zero sense. The permanent dev dropped revs are always 5 swords, yet they have crap gear. That said, there are a couple of missions where you have to summon them to unlock other missions, and some of them are tough as hell.

I've mostly stopped paying attention to it as it just makes too little sense.