Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Apr 15, 2020, 06:10 PM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
So stupid. Can you gift on Xbox Live? Just curious because I am quickly tiring of PSN shenanigans.
Yes you can, unless they've changed it recently. I've been thinking about an Xbox myself, but other than the gifting I haven't had issues on PSN. Yet
Old Apr 15, 2020, 08:21 PM   #272
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Can you gift games via PSN? I have Sekiro and absolutely zero desire to play it.
Thanks for the offer , but yeah gifting through the online services is not really a thing. Would be interesting to see them set up something where you could transfer licenses a la used games at some point, but that'd probably eat into their profit margins a little too much.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2020, 06:26 AM   #273
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So just an update fwiw: I've completed everything the game has but for that locked dual sword mission on NG and NG+. Awesome ride

I was a little disappointed that I have to wait for Dream of the Demon and beyond, but I think that's how they rolled the first game out too. Come on DLC lol.

Loved it, some of the best bosses I've ever fought.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 20, 2020, 09:08 AM   #274
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

I just hopped back on last night for a couple hours and **** am I rusty. I keep spamming the wrong buttons trying to dodge out of the way (it's circle in FFVII Remake, decidedly NOT circle in Nioh 2). On the mission where I have to clear Enenra the 2nd time I think. He was easier the first time. I'm pretty sure I have him figured out, it's just that when I try to bait him into an attack I **** it up by hitting the wrong buttons.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2020, 11:11 AM   #275
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
I just hopped back on last night for a couple hours and **** am I rusty. I keep spamming the wrong buttons trying to dodge out of the way (it's circle in FFVII Remake, decidedly NOT circle in Nioh 2). On the mission where I have to clear Enenra the 2nd time I think. He was easier the first time. I'm pretty sure I have him figured out, it's just that when I try to bait him into an attack I **** it up by hitting the wrong buttons.
That's why I quit playing multiple games. I'd play Nioh for a while, then jump into Bloodborne and get wrecked
Old Apr 25, 2020, 07:59 AM   #276
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Update on my progress, Note I'm going through every side mission as well.

So I've just cleared the Tatarimoke (owl boss)
and apparently I've only just finished the tutorial! E.g. the Clan part of the game has just unlocked (this is literally at the halfway point through the game, to my understanding).

Boss wise, these things really need re-balancing, Post Yatsu-no-Kami (the Snake boss), these things have a been a 1 or attempts at most.
Whereas when i went back and did the twilight mission with Enenra i got bounced around like a day old kitten.

As for Tatarimoke, i've just demolished it on my first try!?!, via ranged weapons and a yoki counter & grab (it must have literally had a quarter of Enenra & Yatsu-no-Kami's health, if that).

But the atmosphere and the variety of enemies, this far in, is much appreciated.
You can imagine my comments the first time I strolled round a dark corner and found this delight crawling towards me....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESB18EYW...jpg&name=large
BEWARE!.. the lemon wheels

Last edited by delirium121 : Apr 26, 2020 at 06:58 AM.
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2020, 08:56 AM   #277
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium121 View Post
Update on my progress, Note I'm going through every side mission as well.

So I've just cleared the Tatarimoke (owl boss)
and apparently I've only just finished the tutorial! E.g. the Clan part of the game has just unlocked (this is literally at the halfway point through the game, to my understanding).

Boss wise, these things really need re-balancing, Post Yatsu-no-Kami (the Snake boss), these things have a been a 1 or attempts at most.
Whereas when i went back and did the twilight mission with Enenra i got bounced around like a day old kitten.

As for Tatarimoke, i've just demolished on my first try!?!, via ranged weapons and a yoki counter & grab (it must have literally had a quarter of Enenra & Yatsu-no-Kami's health, if that).

But the atmosphere and the variety of enemies, this far in, is much appreciated.
You can imagine my comments the first time I strolled round a dark corner and found this delight crawling towards me....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESB18EYW...jpg&name=large
I might be wrong, but I wonder if boss difficulty is set the way it is due to feedback from the first game. Some of the bosses in the first were just maddening, ridiculously hard.

Every single boss in this game is either hard (maybe to satisfy the purists?) or just plain fun. There are a few that I've been summoned to quite a few times that are just an absolute blast co-op.

You do have some hard times ahead though. Tatarimoke is easy peasy, but that level is also integral to the story line, so they might just want players to advance easily there.

I dunno - I'm still co-oping a ton NG+ and I'm either destroying or getting destroyed It can still be unforgiving as heck. Good times though.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 07:14 AM   #278
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I might be wrong, but I wonder if boss difficulty is set the way it is due to feedback from the first game. Some of the bosses in the first were just maddening, ridiculously hard.

Every single boss in this game is either hard (maybe to satisfy the purists?) or just plain fun. There are a few that I've been summoned to quite a few times that are just an absolute blast co-op.

You do have some hard times ahead though. Tatarimoke is easy peasy, but that level is also integral to the story line, so they might just want players to advance easily there.

I dunno - I'm still co-oping a ton NG+ and I'm either destroying or getting destroyed It can still be unforgiving as heck. Good times though.
Yeah, that's just the gear drops, it's like the game is constantly questioning if i'm completely and absolutely sure i don't want to reconsider being a tank build.
I've had to push my Constitution up to 9 just to allow the use of the lighter Sohaya Garb Armour, because the Shinobi armour above level 40+ is just not dropping and the forge is eating materials at rate of knots.
(I'm up to level 62 now).

And yeah in regards to basic enemies, the Odachi soldiers are still one shot'ing me and as for getting stuck in sights of a couple of sniping cannoneers....
BEWARE!.. the lemon wheels
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2020, 08:38 AM   #279
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium121 View Post
Yeah, that's just the gear drops, it's like the game is constantly questioning if i'm completely and absolutely sure i don't want to reconsider being a tank build.
I've had to push my Constitution up to 9 just to allow the use of the lighter Sohaya Garb Armour, because the Shinobi armour above level 40+ is just not dropping and the forge is eating materials at rate of knots.
(I'm up to level 62 now).

And yeah in regards to basic enemies, the Odachi soldiers are still one shot'ing me and as for getting stuck in sights of a couple of sniping cannoneers....
My first 2 builds used the Sohoya (annihilator) armor and the Fuma Ninja armor as the lighter armor kept my ki up for the tonfas, but my insistence on making mistakes kept getting me hammered.

I finally elected to run a heavier build with the Moon Prayer (later game) or the Golden boy archer sets, plus a mix of others off and on for the perks. The trade off between ki and being able to take a few hits has been wonderful. Some bosses are still groan worthy (looking at you Shibata you A-hole) but for the most part the majority of enemies are now either easy or just challenging at worst.

Getting blacksmith materials is still the main barrier, but after switching to a hatchet/switch glaive build base damage is now ~2150 per weapon most deaths are attributable to me getting greedy because I'll never learn
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:48 PM   #280
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Well ****

Fine then. Nioh 2 DLC me and thee - no cheating on you with TlOU 2

Speeeeeaking of which. I need you to big brother me through a boss fight. You around this evening or tomorrow?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:50 PM   #281
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Speeeeeaking of which. I need you to big brother me through a boss fight. You around this evening or tomorrow?
I'd love to! I miss killing stuff with you lol. Should I bring the low level guy or the bunker buster build?
Old Apr 29, 2020, 01:02 PM   #282
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
I'd love to! I miss killing stuff with you lol. Should I bring the low level guy or the bunker buster build?
Bunker buster build. This guy needs to die.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Apr 30, 2020, 10:45 AM   #283
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Bunker buster build. This guy needs to die.
Who next? Set it off

I can't find any solid info on how the game scales 2 players. I think the higher leveled player takes a huge hit though. Over 4k life, and still go one shotted by an odachi

Good times, and the better levels and bosses are still ahead
Old May 2, 2020, 04:43 AM   #284
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Cyko - sending you a pm too, but I wanted to drop this here. Pretty well spoiler free and FightinCowboy does a good job of breaking things down for new players.

And I still think he's really Shrike - their voices are identical

https://youtu.be/kvXX9fHd3RE

Forget everything about Souls like and Sekiro, that stuff will just get you dead faster lol.
Old May 2, 2020, 09:19 AM   #285
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Cool, will check that out before I fire it up later. Thanks dude.

Played Nioh 1, a bit of souls, more a fan of BB than anything.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 09:23 AM   #286
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Cool, will check that out before I fire it up later. Thanks dude.

Played Nioh 1, a bit of souls, more a fan of BB than anything.
Same here. Combat in this is much closer to BB, except for being able to change stances. So satisfying
Old May 2, 2020, 02:35 PM   #287
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Another couple of hours. I have a build at almost exactly where Shrike's is at, and an end game build.

I'm debating the end game build for this. Between me and Shrike, we'll get you to where he is in no time Cyko

Side note: Shrike is pretty doggone skilled at this game. Great co-op buddy
Old May 3, 2020, 12:46 PM   #288
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I think I found my jam for primary weapon - odachi.

Dunno why, but it feels... right. Mid-stance strong attack combo, ki pulse to high stance then light attack combo with the twin strike finisher.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old May 3, 2020, 02:20 PM   #289
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
I think I found my jam for primary weapon - odachi.

Dunno why, but it feels... right. Mid-stance strong attack combo, ki pulse to high stance then light attack combo with the twin strike finisher.
I really love the Odachi. It was my first weapon and the one I keep gravitating back to. I've been running the Spear + Kuri build lately but thinking of switching back to Odachi + something else.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old May 3, 2020, 06:41 PM   #290
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Odachi is always a beast
Old May 4, 2020, 04:22 AM   #291
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I started farming the final mission for upgrade materials. Even with high luck it's slow going.

Shrike - you're only 7-8 missions away from the final boss There's at least one side mission (The Roaming Artisan) that's a must do though. Easy mission and it unlocks a major blacksmith perk.

I hope they don't take forever to release DLC - Love this game and I want more.
Old May 4, 2020, 08:11 AM   #292
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
I started farming the final mission for upgrade materials. Even with high luck it's slow going.

Shrike - you're only 7-8 missions away from the final boss There's at least one side mission (The Roaming Artisan) that's a must do though. Easy mission and it unlocks a major blacksmith perk.

I hope they don't take forever to release DLC - Love this game and I want more.
When does the Divine gear start dropping? In the last map area around a certain mission or something?

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old May 4, 2020, 08:48 AM   #293
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
When does the Divine gear start dropping? In the last map area around a certain mission or something?
At the last boss. When it goes down green stuff just explodes everywhere lol.

FYI - lots of YT vids are showing a certain battle and calling it the final boss. It's not, and the game gives no indication that it is, so I have no idea where they got that from....I'll say this though, the last ~3 missions are just

EDIT: Great thing about Nioh 1 & 2 - you can go back whenever you choose and replay any mission as if it's the first time, minus cutscenes.
Old May 4, 2020, 09:08 AM   #294
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
At the last boss. When it goes down green stuff just explodes everywhere lol.

FYI - lots of YT vids are showing a certain battle and calling it the final boss. It's not, and the game gives no indication that it is, so I have no idea where they got that from....I'll say this though, the last ~3 missions are just

EDIT: Great thing about Nioh 1 & 2 - you can go back whenever you choose and replay any mission as if it's the first time, minus cutscenes.
Ah okay. So not until the last boss then?

I started the Mausoleum level last night. Didn't get very far solo. Bird dude was very not cool with my tourism.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old May 4, 2020, 10:12 AM   #295
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Ah okay. So not until the last boss then?

I started the Mausoleum level last night. Didn't get very far solo. Bird dude was very not cool with my tourism.
I love the Mausoleum level lol. That's where it starts getting real

EDIT: I just realized you should be able to do The Roaming Artisan now. Gotta get that done first, as you can immediately add a lot of damage to your weapons.

Last edited by Lazy8s : May 4, 2020 at 12:06 PM.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2020, 10:16 PM   #296
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Interesting.

I ran the first mission again, just for kicks, and only died once because my dumb ass drowned. How can I die like 90 times the first go around and then only once the second time?

Maybe it’s the weapons combo. Odachi plus ax. Seems to be a good combo.

Alpha

Omega

Old May 5, 2020, 04:43 AM   #297
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Interesting.

I ran the first mission again, just for kicks, and only died once because my dumb ass drowned. How can I die like 90 times the first go around and then only once the second time?

Maybe it’s the weapons combo. Odachi plus ax. Seems to be a good combo.
Like I said earlier that gear makes a huge difference. Once you start leveling, get more ki, more defense (elemental) and toughness (can take a hit) it changes everything.

You're still going to die a lot going forward, but it's mostly because some of the enemies are just relentless, and they usually have a couple of buddies nearby too lol. There's been a few times I've thought "Ok, you can quit hitting me now - been dead for 2 minutes so you can quit"
Old May 5, 2020, 07:00 AM   #298
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I've been going back through to find all the Kodama I missed. I have ~85% of the trophies....I swear it's going to be next to impossible to platinum this game.
Old May 5, 2020, 08:40 AM   #299
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

if i wasnt any good at dark souls, would this game be the same?
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2020, 08:43 AM   #300
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
if i wasnt any good at dark souls, would this game be the same?
This game feels a bit more action oriented and faster paced. To me, there's definitely a Dark Souls comparison to be made, but it's more "fun" than that game. It's a bit more action-RPG oriented. Think, Code-Vein or Bloodborne combined with Diablo style looter systems.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote: