Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:03 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default Nioh 2 PS4 13 March 2020

Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:30 AM   #2
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

I hope it comes to PC like the first one, because the beta looked like crap on PS4.
Cynicalking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:32 AM   #3
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicalking View Post
I hope it comes to PC like the first one, because the beta looked like crap on PS4.
ugh, I hope it's better for final release. I didn't have the PS4 when the beta rolled out...I'm sure it'll follow the first one to pc sooner or later though. At least I hope it does.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 6, 2020, 01:27 PM   #4
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
ugh, I hope it's better for final release. I didn't have the PS4 when the beta rolled out...I'm sure it'll follow the first one to pc sooner or later though. At least I hope it does.
Nioh2 was definitely better than Nioh1 judging by the demo, with a bit of a polish and some DLC it'll will definitely surpass Nioh1, unless of course Tecmo/Team Ninja go full DOA DLC tactics.
BEWARE!.. the lemon wheels
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2020, 01:43 PM   #5
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium121 View Post
Nioh2 was definitely better than Nioh1 judging by the demo, with a bit of a polish and some DLC it'll will definitely surpass Nioh1, unless of course Tecmo/Team Ninja go full DOA DLC tactics.
There goes another 250 hours of my life
Old Jan 6, 2020, 05:29 PM   #6
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Yeah, the game itself, judging from the beta, will be awesome, my only complaints were the graphics.
Cynicalking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2020, 03:29 PM   #7
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
I'm about to send team ninja a personal video of me, on my knees in tears, begging for them to fix it

Some of the enemies tank your ki in one hit. If you can't gain a bit of distance to recover...sayonara lol.
This game is making me angry. It feels like this is a slog and a half. Big guy shows up in that dark area? One hit. You're ****ed. Guessing I gotta beat him to get past the wall or open that crate.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2020, 05:34 PM   #8
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
This game is making me angry. It feels like this is a slog and a half. Big guy shows up in that dark area? One hit. You're ****ed. Guessing I gotta beat him to get past the wall or open that crate.
shoot the sniper on the catwalk from outside. Shoot the little guy. Summon a blue grave to keep the big guy busy. Run in and destroy the big crystal. Crystals are a thing in the dark areas. Bust the crystal and the guardians die.

Yeah it has me a bit up in arms too. Sorry I haven't been available all day...family thing going on.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 06:19 PM   #9
Lazy8s
One day at a time

This first major boss...I don't know what to say. I get it down to 40% health or less every time. That's better than the "I walk in and turned to hamburger in 2 seconds" that I was dealing with before....but jeez ya know? I didn't have this bad a time with Sekiro's final boss.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 08:17 PM   #10
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I took a few more runs at it. The timed demo is closed after tonight I guess, and I already bought the game.

I sure hope the full game gives me a chance to level a bunch before this boss.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 08:08 AM   #11
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

I'm really hoping this "level" we got was just a bunch of stuff thrown in to an area and that the game itself will be not this.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Mar 2, 2020, 09:21 AM   #12
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I'm really hoping this "level" we got was just a bunch of stuff thrown in to an area and that the game itself will be not this.
Same here. I did some browsing this morning and there is a ton of feedback about the difficulty, mostly the ki.

So far the devs have been really listening to feedback from the alpha and beta trials, so hopefully they do here too.

Nioh was hard, harder than Sekiro in spots, but I still beat the entire game, dlc included. This....ugh...never did get past that first boss. I know others did...but not too many I bet.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 03:48 AM   #13
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Just for comparison sake, I have a build in Nioh that's in Way of the Wise or NG+++. Level 420.

The difficulty in the Nioh2 last chance trial was comparable to that in a couple of spots, but for different reasons.

Even on my level 80 NG build, with 2-3 enemies at once I was able to maintain my stamina and either win or retreat. Taking a straight hit from one of the more dangerous enemies (raven tengu) didn't even tank my ki.

A minor hit from say...the medusa or ninja yokai on the other hand in 2 would wreck me.

It's almost as if the devs are going for a ki based combat system, somewhat like Sekiro's poise based system. Only in Sekiro you could take multiple hits.

Not so much in this.

Welp, I've already pre-ordered the game, so here's to hoping that really was a mid game level being attempted with a new build.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 06:04 PM   #14
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Yeah, got to the boss and kinda stopped. So... much... aoe spam. Maybe trying with a different Yokai burst would have been better, but holy smokes, the timing differences between the three just make it having to relearn counters all over again.

ANYWAYS, I hate myself and am bad with money so I preordered it in the hopes that ****'ll be a bit more level in the normal game considering how much time I put into the OG game. Here's hoping!

If it's too bad, at least I'll have Animal Crossing later in the month to wind down with.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2020, 07:04 PM   #15
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post

ANYWAYS, I hate myself and am bad with money so I preordered it
Welcome to the 'why do I do this to myself?' club
Old Mar 7, 2020, 04:12 PM   #16
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Been playing Nioh to get ready and practice before 2 comes out. So far I'm enjoying the Odachi move set and play style.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:05 AM   #17
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Oh ****. I just assumed armor sets with set bonuses were their own special color like green or something like in Diablo. Alright I'll check this evening when I get home.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:10 AM   #18
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Oh ****. I just assumed armor sets with set bonuses were their own special color like green or something like in Diablo. Alright I'll check this evening when I get home.
Colors in this game just denote rarity. But even the most common drops can have really high dps. They're just not as many perks attached to them.

And while the set bonuses are constant, you can reforge the individual perks attached to each piece, unless it has the inheritable symbol or comes locked.

Great stuff. These guys put a ton of thought into everything re: combat and being able to tweak your gear.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:28 AM   #19
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
Colors in this game just denote rarity. But even the most common drops can have really high dps. They're just not as many perks attached to them.

And while the set bonuses are constant, you can reforge the individual perks attached to each piece, unless it has the inheritable symbol or comes locked.

Great stuff. These guys put a ton of thought into everything re: combat and being able to tweak your gear.
Well ****. I completely missed that.

This game has a **** ton of stats and numbers to pay attention to. And here I am just trying to be all Last Samurai on these guys.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:34 AM   #20
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Well ****. I completely missed that.

This game has a **** ton of stats and numbers to pay attention to. And here I am just trying to be all Last Samurai on these guys.
Last Samurai standing is what it's all about lol.

If you haven't check out the videos I PMd you a few days ago. PWAR does an especially good job of explaining things at the blacksmith and how to get the most from your gear.

If you haven't tweaked your gear much or looked into the accessories you've picked up...the boss in the silver mine will make you want to. I hate that annoying little bastid lol
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:18 PM   #21
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

I'm late here and a lot has been covered, but if it's part of a set I believe the last line in the Special Effect for the item will be Set's Name in Green, it will also have a symbol next to it.

Couple more hours till it starts pre loading I think. Think it preloads 2 days early?

Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:23 PM   #22
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
Last Samurai standing is what it's all about lol.

If you haven't check out the videos I PMd you a few days ago. PWAR does an especially good job of explaining things at the blacksmith and how to get the most from your gear.

If you haven't tweaked your gear much or looked into the accessories you've picked up...the boss in the silver mine will make you want to. I hate that annoying little bastid lol
See right now I've been prioritizing just grinding Amrita and unlocking skills for weapons. I figure once I reach a point where diminishing returns overwhelms me and I don't wanna grind anymore, I'll start digging into the forging and gear stuff. I watched both of the videos, and I don't sacrifice items to the Shrine anymore. Instead I just straight up dump my extra item drops into the dismantling process at the forge.

Is there any Nioh 2 early unlock for special edition purchases or anything?

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:51 PM   #23
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Got about 30 minutes in before deciding I didn't have enough coffee and needed to get to bed. Also, **** that giant dude at the start. Took me far too long before I realized I didn't actually need to fight him.

And I can't decide on what weapons build I wanna go with this time around. Maybe spear and sword since I like focusing on Ki and Health stats.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Mar 13, 2020, 01:37 AM   #24
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Haha, yeah, kinda assumed it when the game gave you the controls to run when you first saw it.

I did come back a few levels later and manage to take him down once I got some points I could put into dodge ki recovery. And better equipment.

Still making my way through the first mission, probably pass out after. Who knows.

Not gonna lie, was frustrated as hell for a bit there as I was used to having certain basic abilities and I don't have them yet. Once I finish out getting ki pulse on dodge for all stances things should be moving a bit better for me.

I picked Odachi and Axe right off the bat. Not that I'm going to use Axe, but mainly for the Stamina stat point right off the bat. Still unsure what my second weapon will be though. Think I'm gonna stick with Odachi main for now and just feel my way to a second.

Edit: At the first boss, dark realm is not a fun mechanic. Especially before you have any way to mitigate any of it. Real good job there guys.

Second Edit: Also also, pro-tip as I just read this, but use your yokai shift as much as possible, that's how you get points to put in shiftling. Which is what I'm going to be doing tomorrow (Or might be later today looking at the time) as I usually save it for an oh **** button and hardly use it. So I get to grind that so I can put a point into the dark realm ki thing to maybe help out. Yay! (said sarcastically)

Last edited by YellowBeard : Mar 13, 2020 at 03:41 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 04:06 AM   #25
Lazy8s
One day at a time

So here we are

Nasty headache woke me early, so I dove in and now it's worse

I am not enjoying the learning curve here guys. Granted I went straight for the big guy, and on the upside I was able to get him down to *almost* dead....but no dice.

It's going to take time to decide how I want to roll here. Yellowbeard - yeah man, that new ki recovery system really raises the bar. I'm just farming the soldiers for points right now, and I know it will get more enjoyable once I get my recovery up to snuff, but right now if I'm perfectly honest, there's not much fun being had yet.

I don't mind the level of caution you need to avoid hits so your ki isn't tanked, but enemy density makes it difficult to lure 1 or 2 out at a time.

Time will tell, but for right now, the difficulty barrier for entry into the meat of the game is a bit ridiculous imo.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:21 AM   #26
Lazy8s
One day at a time

There's not enough points for ki in this game.

I admit after a couple of runs through the first level and to the boss that I simply don't like the burst attack mechanic. It reminds me of QTEs in a way *when this happens mash this button*.

I applaud Team Ninja for developing a new and creative mechanic. I just don't care for it.

I've also used that yokai shift a ton because get the heck away from me monkeys - I hate those bastards - and have yet to earn a single point in it?

So...I'm back to a Kusa and a katana. Heavy weapons are nice for damage, but again, damn the ki in this game. One missed, or mistimed swing and an enemy hits you, you are screwed.

So far...I'm not really enjoying myself
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:56 PM   #27
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Not gonna lie, got real frustrated at their first Enki position due to them giving you ZERO ki skills by then as well as no weapons or armor. After that pacing seemed fine. Now this boss feels off pacing as it's like their not trying to adapt you to the new mechanics. Oh hey, here's the dark realm and this boss is just gonna **** yokai realm spaces along with it. Hope you don't get hit by anything cause then you just get stun locked. Oops, we also gave him insane reach. Have fun!

Fake edit as this has been sitting open for about 20 minutes now. Managed to beat the ****er after another 10 tries or so today. Think my original message was after try 5. Frustrating as hell, dark realm is not a fun thing this early in the game and I still don't think he's a great fit for first boss and they coulda eased people in a little more. It's better to ease in then throw a wall. But what do I know.

Now on to the next mission. I will say, you can definitely tell the model upgrades coming immediately from playing Nioh 1 not an hour before starting up Nioh 2.

Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:57 PM   #28
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Guys, run your cursor all over the map face, just randomly. It will turn red on occasion. I've found 3 secrets hidden on the map away from mission areas so far.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 05:03 PM   #29
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Okay. Phase 2 of Demon Horseface is an outright mother****er who should not in a videogame.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Mar 13, 2020, 06:41 PM   #30
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Just polished off the second boss, thankfully he was much more fair than the previous. Dark Realm bits weren't nearly as annoying stun locky as the first boss. I also took my Dark Realm Ki skill to the third level as soon as I could so I'm at 30% less of a handicap.

Quote:
Burst against some human enemies sucks though. I've had about 6 'misfires' and gotten wrecked. I know it isn't me because I'm killing the big yoki and apes no problem.

Meh, long story short, now that combat is where it ought to be near the start, it's gotten much more enjoyable.

Oh forgot to mention, I went back to my old favorite, the kusarigama.
Yeah, timing the burst counters is all over the place. I'm using Feral, so while it's nice to get that dodge, but holy hell having to figure out the timing per move for them to hit your "shadow" and get countered is frustrating.

Quote:
See last post Feeling much better thankfully.
That's good to hear. Finally was able to do the first Dojo mission so I can finally use my Odachi skill points. I still haven't put anything into Courage. Heart gives some Ki gains, but I dumped some into Stam which lowers my weight usage which lowers ki usage. Doesn't feel too too bad now.

Quote:
Okay. Phase 2 of Demon Horseface is an outright mother****er who should not in a videogame.
Yeah, he ain't fun. Especially his long ass reach, never knew where to dodge cause his attack would be everywhere. Good news is that the second boss seemed to be much easier! Just gotta get over that first hump.

Edit: LOL found my first endurance mission. "Oh wow... that's a lot of graves around a cat" *farm some items* *starts looking at who got killed by what* My god... that's a lot of different yokai *uses branch to leave*

Last edited by YellowBeard : Mar 13, 2020 at 07:20 PM.