Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 25, 2017, 03:02 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
About a week in how are you feeling after moving to Apple from other phones?

Also Pre-orders for the X are coming up friday morning. Hopefully I can remember to get online as soon as they go up the snag one. Reports are saying there arent many to go around so I may not be able to get one like usual.
I'm going to attempt to get one at 2am in the ****ing morning. Well 2 for the wifey. White model 64 & 256.

I figure if the ship time is more than 6-8 weeks, I'll just wait until 2018.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2017, 03:08 PM   #212
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Yeah I expect if anyone misses this initial shipdate you might as well pack it up til next year cause xmas time there will definitely be none available.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2017, 03:32 PM   #213
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Yeah I expect if anyone misses this initial shipdate you might as well pack it up til next year cause xmas time there will definitely be none available.
That, and the 12 month program gets messed up if you go out too far. It'll be 2019 before you can upgrade again.

If anything, I'll get the 8 and trade it in 12 months for a Nov 2018 upgrade.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 27, 2017, 08:21 AM   #214
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
About a week in how are you feeling after moving to Apple from other phones?
Pretty good honestly. Cant say I have any negatives about apple or iOS in general. I still do like Androids "desktop" a bit more, ie where you can drag the apps you want to your main desktop. iOS feels a bit like if Windows would put an icon on the desktop for each and every application installed on your PC. And I miss how google now was integrated nicely in the OS - e.g. if I wasn't home and picked up my phone, it would tell me in the lock screen i have X amounts of minutes until I could be at home and it would show me the route (walking, busses, trains and times for each part etc) when I doubleclick that (so I never had to do anything to get that information).

Other than that both OS's work pretty much the same, and it was very easy to go from (stock) Android to iOS.
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2017, 08:41 AM   #215
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Pre-order went smoothly through AT&T after 10-minute wait in the queue. Delivery supposedly on Nov. 3.

This will also be the first time I buy AppleCare for an iPhone though. Apple is straight up robbing people blind. The iPhone X screen repair is $279. I've broken a phone only once and Apple replaced it for free, but that was way back in the 4/4S days. It's too much of a gamble now.

Any other damage....out of warranty will cost $549.

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service/pricing

Greedy.

I'm a bit bitter about the price of the X, as I fear this is what Apple will charge going forward with its success. I expect to see the iPhone 8S and X2 configurations next year, especially if people are skeptical of FaceID.

I've never had OLED, wireless charging, or dual camera with OIS, so the X is a better upgrade experience from my 6S Plus than the 8.

Last edited by Razeus : Oct 27, 2017 at 09:08 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 09:15 AM   #216
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Nissan View Post
Pretty good honestly. Cant say I have any negatives about apple or iOS in general. I still do like Androids "desktop" a bit more, ie where you can drag the apps you want to your main desktop. iOS feels a bit like if Windows would put an icon on the desktop for each and every application installed on your PC. And I miss how google now was integrated nicely in the OS - e.g. if I wasn't home and picked up my phone, it would tell me in the lock screen i have X amounts of minutes until I could be at home and it would show me the route (walking, busses, trains and times for each part etc) when I doubleclick that (so I never had to do anything to get that information).

Other than that both OS's work pretty much the same, and it was very easy to go from (stock) Android to iOS.
Both google maps and apple maps will do that for you in iOS as well. You just have to set it to do it. I know because after the last few updates they turned themselves on and I had to turn it off because I found that information annoying. I think they both have a widget that will show the same as well.

Nice that youre getting along with iOS... people tend so like either one or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Pre-order went smoothly through AT&T after 10-minute wait in the queue. Delivery supposedly on Nov. 3.

This will also be the first time I buy AppleCare for an iPhone though. Apple is straight up robbing people blind. The iPhone X screen repair is $279. I've broken a phone only once and Apple replaced it for free, but that was way back in the 4/4S days. It's too much of a gamble now.

Greedy.

I'm a bit bitter about the price of the X, as I fear this is what Apple will charge going forward with its success. I expect to see the iPhone 8S and X2 configurations next year, especially if people are skeptical of FaceID.

I've never had OLED, wireless charging, or dual camera with OIS, so the X is a better upgrade experience from my 6S Plus than the 8.
I played the refresh game at 12am(PDT) and managed to get one for Nov 3 Delivery as well from Apple. I went back in after I ordered and at 12:05 all orders had already been pushed to 2-3 weeks. I went with black 256gb cause I had no choice 64gb is too small. I didnt do Apple Care cause I never do apple care. I mainly went with the iPhone X cause I want that sweet OLED action. If it didnt have an OLED I probably would have not upgraded.

Old Oct 27, 2017, 09:42 AM   #217
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service/pricing

Greedy.

Then why buy it? If you don't want them charging $999 for the base phone next year, why buy the $999+ phone this year? Vote with your wallet.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2017, 09:54 AM   #218
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Then why buy it? If you don't want them charging $999 for the base phone next year, why buy the $999+ phone this year? Vote with your wallet.
The net cost comes out the same. By the time I sell the 6S Plus, and the trade in value of the X, it's a wash. And since I'm paying monthly, it's no big deal.

Hell, I can probably flip the X's for 2x the price.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:00 AM   #219
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
The net cost comes out the same. By the time I sell the 6S Plus, and the trade in value of the X, it's a wash. And since I'm paying monthly, it's no big deal.

Hell, I can probably flip the X's for 2x the price.
Well, not sure how you can be bitter about the price then. I'm not buying the X because the price is absurd.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:05 AM   #220
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Well, not sure how you can be bitter about the price then. I'm not buying the X because the price is absurd.
Understandable.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 04:45 PM   #221
Horus
resident kafir

Horus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete stranger

I ordered the 256 gb grey X today, supposed to get here expedited who knows what that means...this will be my first apple device since the original macintosh
Old Oct 27, 2017, 04:51 PM   #222
logical
What is my purpose?

Theres always a ship date. Where did you order from?

Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:41 AM   #223
Horus
resident kafir

Horus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete stranger

Sprint, my order status just says pending but I've already paid off the full amount. I called and was given a ship date of Nov 3.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 07:45 AM   #224
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Both google maps and apple maps will do that for you in iOS as well. You just have to set it to do it. I know because after the last few updates they turned themselves on and I had to turn it off because I found that information annoying. I think they both have a widget that will show the same as well.

Nice that youre getting along with iOS... people tend so like either one or the other.
I'll see if I cant get maps to that in iOS too. Its other small things google now did too, like telling me live scores in sports of my favorite teams, giving the full map of a mall as I enter one, giving me the menu of the restaurant/bar as I sit down in one etc etc.

But yeah I get along with both very well
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2017, 03:57 PM   #225
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

iOS 11.1 is out boys.

Old Oct 31, 2017, 05:13 PM   #226
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I thought you were trolling lol ..

I’ve had some serious slowdowns with 11 on my 6S. Stupid issues and hangs that I never had before. Hopefully 11.1 is better.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2017, 07:29 PM   #227
Elysian
SCAATSJW

The shops on that image

My battery life today was pretty bad, upgraded to 11.1 yesterday (I'm a beta tester)... Today it got down to 5% then just shut off, booted it back up saw it say 8%, got halfway through my passcode and it shut off... Essential Phone might be calling me name soon...
Old Nov 1, 2017, 05:28 AM   #228
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Haven’t had a chance to update yet (need WiFi .. stupid that I can’t DL it on LTE since I have unlimited) but really hope it fixes some issues because if not, I’m gonna lose my damn mind.

My 6S went from perfect with zero complaints to pissing me off in the span of one update. Come on!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Nov 1, 2017, 08:08 AM   #229
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Haven’t had a chance to update yet (need WiFi .. stupid that I can’t DL it on LTE since I have unlimited) but really hope it fixes some issues because if not, I’m gonna lose my damn mind.

My 6S went from perfect with zero complaints to pissing me off in the span of one update. Come on!
At least it still has some resale value...
Old Nov 1, 2017, 09:48 AM   #230
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I wish I had the money to move to an iPhone8 but honestly giving up the headphone jack pisses me off.

I don’t think I’d go back to an Android. It sucks um kinda sucked into the iOS ecosystem. I had enough of Androids **** after going through 3 Note5’s.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 09:49 AM   #231
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
I wish I had the money to move to an iPhone8 but honestly giving up the headphone jack pisses me off.

I don’t think I’d go back to an Android. It sucks um kinda sucked into the iOS ecosystem. I had enough of Androids **** after going through 3 Note5’s.
The Note 5 was **** though. That's what drove me to iPhone

I'm hopeful the Essential Phone I ordered this morning is worth a damn.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 01:00 PM   #232
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

I have a daily battle in avoiding clicking that "buy" button. I want to upgrade my 6+ so badly, but I swore it would stay until it was a smoldering heap of slag. Just 6 more months and then I'll have had it 3 years or so, or close to it....
Old Nov 1, 2017, 01:04 PM   #233
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

I still don't understand the big deal about the headphone jack. Apple includes an adapter to plug into the Lightning port.

Look into the Essential Phone. It's a great design, stock Android, great battery life, 128GB storage (not expandable), and only $499 unlocked.

They just did (and still do) software updates for the camera, which in first reviews was not very good.

I don't have the foggiest idea were Android people go for help or service, but with Apple you get the Apple Store. Something to consider if you decide to switch.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 03:39 PM   #234
Nunz
RIP Roxen

How about plugging my phone into the charger and using my headphones at the same time. I shouldn’t have to have an adapter on hand all the time nor purchase the Y-split adapter to do so. It’s stupid and annoying.

I just installed the update. We’ll see how it goes, really hoping it fixed the issues I was seeing, because the phone is in great condition..
Old Nov 1, 2017, 03:56 PM   #235
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
How about plugging my phone into the charger and using my headphones at the same time. I shouldn’t have to have an adapter on hand all the time nor purchase the Y-split adapter to do so. It’s stupid and annoying.

I just installed the update. We’ll see how it goes, really hoping it fixed the issues I was seeing, because the phone is in great condition..
I suppose that's a use case. I can't recall a time were I've ever used my headphones and had to charge at the same time. But then again, I've yet to use a device without a headphone jack.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 04:00 PM   #236
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I have shite battery life on iOS 11. iOS 11.1 made no difference there. My iPhone 6s also started heating up badly when watching YouTube videos through the official iOS YouTube app out of the blue one day when I was on iOS 10.3.3. No update has fixed that yet up till now. Will a full wipe/restore help?
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2017, 04:02 PM   #237
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Last night, upgraded to 11.1.

I don't think it did squat for my battery life. 100% at 5pm. It was 60% 3 hours later. I downloaded a bunch of app store updates and my phone got hot.

Watched a few Youtube videos, read some articles. Tweeted. Filtered some photos.

I was 20% by the time the game ended and went to bed.

This is unacceptable.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 06:17 PM   #238
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Last night, upgraded to 11.1.

I don't think it did squat for my battery life. 100% at 5pm. It was 60% 3 hours later. I downloaded a bunch of app store updates and my phone got hot.

Watched a few Youtube videos, read some articles. Tweeted. Filtered some photos.

I was 20% by the time the game ended and went to bed.

This is unacceptable.
Yeah, that's where I'm at right now... Hopefully the iPhone X is better for you...
Old Nov 2, 2017, 03:47 AM   #239
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
I suppose that's a use case. I can't recall a time were I've ever used my headphones and had to charge at the same time. But then again, I've yet to use a device without a headphone jack.
I frequently plug my phone into a set of Bose Companions + a charger while working out in my house. Y adapters are cheap, so it’s not a deal breaker for me, but it would be nice to not have to.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 03:51 AM   #240
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
I have shite battery life on iOS 11. iOS 11.1 made no difference there. My iPhone 6s also started heating up badly when watching YouTube videos through the official iOS YouTube app out of the blue one day when I was on iOS 10.3.3. No update has fixed that yet up till now. Will a full wipe/restore help?
A full wipe/restore didn’t help my 6+. It’s not quite as laggy, but I’ve had to cut my usage way down just to get it through a work day without recharging.