Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:46 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I think I'm going to hold on to my 6s+ longer. No Touch ID is lame, the price tag is lame.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:47 PM   #62
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Jumping onto the apple sheepwagon, which one would you guys think is the most cost effective route?

I'm thinking 6S or 7 for an unlocked phone.

I don't want to fall THAT far behind in technology.....
Iphone X is the only iphone
All other are for peasants

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:48 PM   #63
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I think I'm going to hold on to my 6s+ longer. No Touch ID is lame, the price tag is lame.
What's the price? I don't have it on my feed yet.

edit: nevermind. Geez-sus.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:48 PM   #64
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Jumping onto the apple sheepwagon, which one would you guys think is the most cost effective route?

The 6S is a great phone, tis what my wife uses.
The 7...eh, not much benefit over the 6S IMHO, and if you like headphones...nope. 7+ at least adds dual cameras, but is honking HUGE.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:50 PM   #65
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
What's the price? I don't have it on my feed yet.

edit: nevermind. Geez-sus.
$999 for 64gig

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

Quote:
Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:51 PM   #66
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Goddamn $800 for the iPhone 8?

Wow. Talk about inflation.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:51 PM   #67
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

6s is a good phone, though the + is the one to get for battery life, at least as far as I've heard. I think if you're going with the smaller phone you're better off with the 7, if you're going with the big phone, get a 6s+.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:52 PM   #68
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Welp.

I'll wait until 2018 and hang on to my 6S+. Hopefully, the iPhone X will be more reasonable.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:52 PM   #69
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I don't know why they're muddying the waters like this. The 8 is silly, skipping 9 to go to X like Microsoft did with Windows is just retarded. Pricing the X out of the market is dumb as hell. They should have just released two variants of the X and called it a day.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:53 PM   #70
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Oct 27 pre-order For Nov shipping 1k for 64gb? Come on at least 128 for that price.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:54 PM   #71
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Strangest pricing lineup ever:

I'm not even sure what the purpose of the iPhone 8 is. You might was well get the 6S or the 7 for much cheaper and exact same functionality.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:54 PM   #72
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
I'm not even sure what the purpose of the iPhone 8 is. You might was well get the 6S or the 7 for much cheaper and exact same functionality.
Just the 7s... same stuff as the 7 but a bit faster.

Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:55 PM   #73
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Damn, Apple is expensive as hell. Either phone companies are getting extra creative hiding the costs or more people have money than i think.

How many people are going to get an $800 phone to text, message, call, read emails, use internet and watch youtube. Maybe take a couple of photos a week.
Antec Sonata 3|AMD Athlon 860k|Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H|8 gig Cruical Ballistic DDR3 1600|MSI GTX 660ti 2gb PE |LG Blu-Ray Drive/DVD Burner| ASUS XONAR DGX|Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb |Crucial M500 240gb SSD|Corisar T2 Heatsink| Logitech K840 |Razer DeathAdder 3.5g|Xbox One S Controller| Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick| Dell U2410F | Dell 2007FP| Creative T20 2.0 speakers| Windows 8.1 Pro x64 |PS3 Slim 120gb|PS4 Slim 1tb| Moto E4 w/ 64gb memory card
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:55 PM   #74
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

is the iphone x release only in US on that date?

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

- True Blood
Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:57 PM   #75
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkmetal23 View Post
Damn, Apple is expensive as hell. Either phone companies are getting extra creative hiding the costs or more people have money than i think.

How many people are going to get an $800 phone to text, message, call, read emails, use internet and watch youtube. Maybe take a couple of photos a week.
A **** ton. And a **** ton more for the 1k iPhone X. Profits going through the roof this holiday for apple.

Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:57 PM   #76
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

The X should have 128GB MINIMUM for that starting price. OMG. WTF.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:58 PM   #77
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:

People make payments on their phones, that's why people can get these things.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:59 PM   #78
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

.....aaaaand the stock is tanking.

Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:59 PM   #79
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
People make payments on their phones, that's why people can get these things.
iPhone X is going to be like $50 a month. lol.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 01:59 PM   #80
A2597
A Peculiar Person

The main benefit of the 8 over the 6s is wireless charging and water resistance. Those are actual, useful, daily needed things.

So, from the 6S to the 8, I can see a small market.

And for those saying prices are too high, it's apple, they can charge whatever they want and still sell out.

As for me, I bailed on Apple after the 5. I use a note 5, and will get a note 8 next year after it's price drops, or maybe even a note 9 in two years time if I don't get too much of an urge to upgrade.

Quote:
Old Sep 12, 2017, 02:00 PM   #81
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:

Invisible apple tax, They've always been stupid expensive.
Pricing for these models don't surprise me at all.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2017, 02:01 PM   #82
A2597
A Peculiar Person

Quote:
.....aaaaand the stock is tanking.
Hahaha, I didn't even think to check. That's funny.
The apple watch was the only real innovation this go around, cramming cell service into the same dimensions is impressive. Acting like 4k HDR was this amazing thing for AppleTV? Not so much.

Quote:
Old Sep 12, 2017, 02:02 PM   #83
badboy
Merc with a mouth

the price in sweden

$1350

- True Blood
Old Sep 12, 2017, 02:03 PM   #84
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Strangest pricing lineup ever:

If the 8 really is the 7S like every phone refresh for them has been the last several years, then the question should be why did they skip the "s" and go with the next number up this time around?

Because nomenclature wise they could have just called the 8 the 7S and the X the 8 right?
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2017, 02:03 PM   #85
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Invisible apple tax, They've always been stupid expensive.
Pricing for these models don't surprise me at all.
Hopefully these are easier to fix than previous versions. The tech is incredible, would be shame to have the phone be tossed due to a faulty battery or sudden accident. Create some sort of usb input and a/c dongle adapter and this is a phone/set top box/computer/game console in one.

Something to think about; what is the legality of a law enforcement interrogator just aiming an Iphone X at their interviewee to unlock the device? If I remember, biometeric methods of securing/locking a device are not subject to the same standard as passwords.
Antec Sonata 3|AMD Athlon 860k|Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H|8 gig Cruical Ballistic DDR3 1600|MSI GTX 660ti 2gb PE |LG Blu-Ray Drive/DVD Burner| ASUS XONAR DGX|Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb |Crucial M500 240gb SSD|Corisar T2 Heatsink| Logitech K840 |Razer DeathAdder 3.5g|Xbox One S Controller| Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick| Dell U2410F | Dell 2007FP| Creative T20 2.0 speakers| Windows 8.1 Pro x64 |PS3 Slim 120gb|PS4 Slim 1tb| Moto E4 w/ 64gb memory card

Last edited by Jkmetal23 : Sep 12, 2017 at 02:09 PM.
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2017, 02:07 PM   #86
A2597
A Peculiar Person

Quote:
If the 8 really is the 7S like every phone refresh for them has been the last several years, then the question should be why did they skip the "s" and go with the next number up this time around?

Because nomenclature wise they could have just called the 8 the 7S and the X the 8 right?
Because they want to compete with Samsung, and Samsung is on 8 right now.
Add a bunch of features Samsung has had for ages, and then use Samsung numbering to boot. Only way to stay competitive.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't make the IphoneX compatible with the Apple Pencil, the Note series still lacks ANY competitor.

Quote:
Old Sep 12, 2017, 02:15 PM   #87
logical
What is my purpose?

Its called iPhone X cause of the 10th anniversary. They should have kept the 7s name though. But I guess since they added the wireless charging they may have felt justified using 8... and I guess to keep up with samsung naming too.

Old Sep 12, 2017, 02:21 PM   #88
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I'm guessing I'll end up with the base model 8 when they're approved at work. No way the X model will get approved without going through 3 levels of management.

$1k for a phone that doesn't even have a 128GB of storage!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2017, 02:29 PM   #89
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

so what's the price of a iPhone X 256gb 1299+
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2017, 02:30 PM   #90
badboy
Merc with a mouth

well Im buying the X

**** it

Need a new phone and I dont want the same crap as the iphone 8 is

My insurance company will hate me when I lose the X

- True Blood