Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 23, 2016, 02:19 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I'll have mine on Tuesday.
Let us know how it is.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2016, 07:23 AM   #62
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

For those of you that were concerned about waterproofing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2016, 02:52 PM   #63
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Just got mine in. Setting it up now and I am really impressed so far. It's fast as hell and just feels so much better than the S7. Only thing I'm disappointed in is that the silver is kinda goldish.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 25, 2016, 03:21 PM   #64
.nox
Meh

.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Damn, some serious haters here. Probably going to a Pixel 128gb upgrade from my Nexus 5 ( Owned like ...7-8 of those )

I would tongue **** that ass so much, she wouldn't need to wipe it for a week.
-Megaman
.nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2016, 07:58 AM   #65
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Really liking this phone, wish it was a bit smaller but otherwise I can't see no issues with it.

Old Oct 26, 2016, 08:29 AM   #66
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Really liking this phone, wish it was a bit smaller but otherwise I can't see no issues with it.

How's battery life?
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:46 AM   #67
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Today will be the test.

Old Oct 26, 2016, 08:05 PM   #68
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Pretty good. I would come home with less on my S7.

Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:56 PM   #69
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Only one and half an hour screen on time drained more than 50% of your battery? Isn't that supposed to be a terrible battery life measurement? How can you be happy with it?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 09:15 AM   #70
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
Only one and half an hour screen on time drained more than 50% of your battery? Isn't that supposed to be a terrible battery life measurement? How can you be happy with it?
I did a bit more then just turning other display. I just used that to show that it wasn't just idling in my pocket.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:02 AM   #71
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Just seems a little low for a cutting edge device. I was at 45% after 16hrs off the charger yesterday, with 4hrs of screen time and lots of podcast and music listening via Bluetooth on my iPhone 6s+.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:58 AM   #72
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Just seems a little low for a cutting edge device. I was at 45% after 16hrs off the charger yesterday, with 4hrs of screen time and lots of podcast and music listening via Bluetooth on my iPhone 6s+.
The Pixel has a smaller battery. The XL is a better fit for you

Was playing around with my friends Pixel yesterday, and it seems pretty decent. The bezels still suck but it's super fast and the screen was great.

Might be early days for battery life honestly. Hopefully we'll see detailed reviews on it coming up soon.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:07 AM   #73
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Going by some of app speed tests(phonebuff on YT) it seems it either has bad ram management or not enough of it. Doesnt keep games loaded in the BG like the rest of the other android phones.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2016, 01:29 PM   #74
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Going by some of app speed tests(phonebuff on YT) it seems it either has bad ram management or not enough of it. Doesnt keep games loaded in the BG like the rest of the other android phones.
Not many apps have been updated for Android 7. FFT just crashes.

The battery life is as good, if not better than my S7 which has a bigger battery.

Old Oct 27, 2016, 03:23 PM   #75
Cream
Radeon R600

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Going to be between the Pixel XL and S7 edge for my next phone. Currently using a nexus 6.
16GB Corsair DDR4 , SSD 850 evo /480gb SSD Vertex 2/ 2TB hybrid drive for games, 1TB storage drive
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2016, 09:51 PM   #76
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

62% battery today after 12 hours of work and almost 2 hours of on screen time.

Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:34 PM   #77
.nox
Meh

.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges

How's the scratching on the back side Magus ?

-Megaman
Old Oct 28, 2016, 08:40 PM   #78
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by .nox View Post
How's the scratching on the back side Magus ?
None yet.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 09:50 AM   #79
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

After a lot of going back and forth, I ordered a Nexus 5X instead of the Pixel. It feels really hard to justify with all the other things I could do with $400 (Paid $250 for the 5x through the project fi service, which I will cancel right after activating.)

If budget devices from other manufacturers ran vanilla Android and received immediate security updates, I would consider them (though their camera would have to be at least as good as the 5x)
Old Nov 8, 2016, 03:34 PM   #80
.nox
Meh

Still liking the phone now that you've had it for a bit ?

-Megaman
Old Nov 9, 2016, 09:33 AM   #81
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by .nox View Post
Still liking the phone now that you've had it for a bit ?
Yup

My favorite phone in years. The camera and voice quality have really surprised me.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 11:55 AM   #82
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

v3rninater is still being judged by the masses

wut....now I'm really buggin for this phone....
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2016, 05:12 PM   #83
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

My S7 started feeling sluggish within a month of use because of Samsungs stupid skin and caching. This phone always feels snappy and gives me no bluetooth issues that my S7 was giving with my car.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 08:28 AM   #84
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:

Pretty good. I would come home with less on my S7.

That is considered good to you? Man, no wonder manufacturer made ultra thin phone with pathetic battery life. This is my phone screen on time, on cellular all the time. Was browsing multiple forum with 20+ tabs using Lightning browser, and other stuff like taking photos, whatsapp etc.

Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2016, 09:05 AM   #85
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsee View Post
That is considered good to you? Man, no wonder manufacturer made ultra thin phone with pathetic battery life. This is my phone screen on time, on cellular all the time. Was browsing multiple forum with 20+ tabs using Lightning browser, and other stuff like taking photos, whatsapp etc.
You don't know his usage pattern. Maybe his experience is based on his use of the device now, v/s what he had before and it is significantly better.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2016, 09:25 AM   #86
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsee View Post

My 6s+ currently.

Took it off the charger at around 1AM Friday morning.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2016, 02:43 AM   #87
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Anyone buy this ugly phone? How is it?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2016, 10:13 AM   #88
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Anyone buy this ugly phone? How is it?
Love it
Old Nov 21, 2016, 08:48 AM   #89
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

At these prices, the Pixel seems outdated. Plus it's the ugliest phone I've ever seen. Cases will be needed. Hopefully next year's Pixel 2 brings the heat.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:58 AM   #90
.nox
Meh

Got mine today. 32GB Very Silver.

Time to Android.

-Megaman