Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 16, 2016, 03:55 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

anyone seen or used these cases ?

OtterBox uniVERSE SERIES

http://www.otterbox.com/en-us/iphone...49-iphp16.html

the Square
Contactless + Chip Reader Module

looks handy
http://www.otterbox.com/en-us/square...der_color=U012
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2016, 08:10 PM   #182
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

New home button feels.. different but its pretty cool. I didnt have any haptic feedback in the iPhone 6+ and the little vibrations are cool. 3dtouch is cool too.. I was already aware of how it worked and integrated with how I used the phone but didnt have it on my phone. Its nice to have that.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2016, 09:02 PM   #183
1madman1
Rage3D Veteran

1madman1 is still being judged by the masses

Well I just picked one up a few minutes ago from the Apple Store across from me. I'm not sure how many of them were for reservations, but there was still plenty of phones stacked up at the back counter. Had a couple lines going - one for reservations, one for walk in - neither was very long. The whole area was crowded for this time on a weekday - it was like mid day on a holiday weekend.

We'll see if the headphone dongle annoys me, otherwise it's going back for a 6S.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 16, 2016, 09:32 PM   #184
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Plenty of 7s out there but not 7+.

Old Sep 17, 2016, 08:42 AM   #185
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

I got my iphone 7 yesterday and restored it from the latest backup from iphone 6. It worked very nicely. The biggest difference is I saw the much less load time in every games and also it loaded the apps really quickly!

I can't complain. I'm very satisfied with this new phone. I also find the new home button so interesting. I'm not used to it...so I need to get used to it. I changed the haptic setting to 1 for the home button.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2016, 12:26 PM   #186
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

ordered the 9th at 9am phoenix time and best I could get was october 7 ship date now it says maybe 7th to the 14th
so waiting 3 to 4 weeks now maybe more

looks like they guessed poorly and made way too few 7 plus's

wonder how long people that order today have to wait
Old Sep 17, 2016, 01:39 PM   #187
logical
What is my purpose?

You had to order in the first 10 minutes if you wanted a plus size on launch day. First 2 minutes if you wanted a jet black. I ordered the first minute and got a matte black.

Apple didn't underestimate... Suppliers just can't make the phones fast enough. They are better served selling phones than artificially limiting supply.

Old Sep 17, 2016, 03:20 PM   #188
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
You had to order in the first 10 minutes if you wanted a plus size on launch day. First 2 minutes if you wanted a jet black. I ordered the first minute and got a matte black.

Apple didn't underestimate... Suppliers just can't make the phones fast enough. They are better served selling phones than artificially limiting supply.

that had passed long before any store even opened in phoenix time zone, or I got out of bed

Quote:
iPhone 7 Plus outselling regular iPhone 7
Quote:
Analysis of almost 32,000 pre-order receipt emails reveals that the breakdown was 55% Plus, 45% regular. This contrasts with just 35% ordering the iPhone 6 Plus and 41% opting for the 6s Plus

https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/16/iphon...-7-plus-sales/

I knew more people would want the new camera a long time ago
why didn't they
Old Sep 18, 2016, 11:42 AM   #189
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The button on my 7 broke The haptic feedback stopped working on day 2.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2016, 12:23 PM   #190
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
The button on my 7 broke The haptic feedback stopped working on day 2.
did you try a reset ?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7671046

Quote:
iPhone 7 Has Two Nasty Surprises
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke.../#2357f2c6541d

Last edited by bill dennison : Sep 18, 2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 04:20 PM   #191
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

Yea tried that first thing, it just doesn't work. I am do a factory reset but too lazy to atm. The button still functions just no feedback.

Old Sep 18, 2016, 05:57 PM   #192
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

How is Apple managing to provide pretty significant bumps in overall performance with each new iteration of its iPhone/mobile chips when Intel can only manage 5-10% bumps in performance with each new generation of processors? No competition for Intel so they don't see a reason to or because of something else?
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2016, 06:10 PM   #193
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

the natives are getting restless and and sharpening their knives

Quote:
iPhone 7 Problems Exposed, Is Apple Flying Or Dying?

Quote:
Before that, the launch event had waxed lyrical about the new Jet Black color. A highly reflective surface, with a fantastic tactile feel that increases the friction between your hand and the iPhone to reduce drops. The audience was also told that it will pick up micro-abrasions over time so you should get a case as well.

Seriously, Apple? You stood there, showed the mystical machines the created this amazing finish, and then said that it was actually a bit rubbish and get ready to have your precious iPhone scratched like a hire car entering the Daytona 500? As the reviews started to come in the genteel press kicked in again… Apple was right, you need a case for the Jet Black iPhone, but that’s okay, look how shiny it is!
Quote:
While it is tradition that Apple will ‘run out’ of stock on the launch day, this year the tradition seemed excessive, with announcements the night before on the lack of certain handsets at Apple stores, and network partners picking up far less stock than they expected. Wait times now stretch out into late October in some cases, and there is a new level of anger in online reports.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspen.../#68a71081d037

iPhone 7 has coil whine ?

https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/17/iphone-7-plus-hissing/

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2016/09/i...eavy-load.html

Last edited by bill dennison : Sep 18, 2016 at 06:21 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 06:28 PM   #194
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Well I got both phones yesterday. It's a quick phone. The colors of the screen is a preference I believe. It's a better screen but hoenstly unless you really cherry picked a photo you wouldn't say it's better more of just different. The phone is very snappy but so is my 6s/6s plus. The 6s is a better phone aside from the camera. There is an audbile audio quality downgrade with that dumb adapter with better earphones/ headphones, and the new button is just fing stupid. Also, I guess this has to do with the software? The second camera on my 7 plus does nothing. I can cover it completely and photos come out the same zoomed or not.

Old Sep 18, 2016, 07:04 PM   #195
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Well I got both phones yesterday. It's a quick phone. The colors of the screen is a preference I believe. It's a better screen but hoenstly unless you really cherry picked a photo you wouldn't say it's better more of just different. The phone is very snappy but so is my 6s/6s plus. The 6s is a better phone aside from the camera. There is an audbile audio quality downgrade with that dumb adapter with better earphones/ headphones, and the new button is just fing stupid. Also, I guess this has to do with the software? The second camera on my 7 plus does nothing. I can cover it completely and photos come out the same zoomed or not.
Second camera seems to only work in the right lighting. If its in a dark room/not well lit room it will opt for straight digital zoom than using the second camera. But, if you go outside where its sunny or in a very well lit room it will work and use the zoom lens. If you switch to other modes besides photo(like panorama or slow mo) it will always use the second lens when you switch to it regardless of the lighting condition.

No hissing noise on my phone though.

Old Sep 18, 2016, 07:47 PM   #196
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

not all the plus camera software is in it yet latter this year they say
I can live with that

but if my 256gb 7 plus sound like a cannon fuse burning it is going back
Old Sep 19, 2016, 01:23 PM   #197
logical
What is my purpose?

Bill try hawking this link at around 12am if youre up:

https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en_...lability?iPP=U

New stock goes in everyday and people have had success just reserving one and picking them up in store. Faster than waiting for youre pre-order.

Old Sep 19, 2016, 01:35 PM   #198
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Bill try hawking this link at around 12am if youre up:

https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en_...lability?iPP=U

New stock goes in everyday and people have had success just reserving one and picking them up in store. Faster than waiting for youre pre-order.
I pre paid with att also
Old Sep 19, 2016, 01:40 PM   #199
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
I pre paid with att also
Well if you have the funds I am sure you can cancel your ATT pre-order when you reserve and pick up one from Apple.

Old Sep 19, 2016, 02:40 PM   #200
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Well if you have the funds I am sure you can cancel your ATT pre-order when you reserve and pick up one from Apple.
well the case I ordered is not coming out till sep 30th anyway
http://www.otterbox.com/en-us/iphone...49-iphp16.html
I could but it is such a hassle and att might try to nail me with some fee or anther

and maybe or maybe not the latter ones will not be hissing at people
Old Sep 19, 2016, 02:56 PM   #201
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
How is Apple managing to provide pretty significant bumps in overall performance with each new iteration of its iPhone/mobile chips when Intel can only manage 5-10% bumps in performance with each new generation of processors? No competition for Intel so they don't see a reason to or because of something else?
In terms of overall performance for day to day users, is there much of a difference now v/s what you had with a 6s?

Re: Intel, they are reaching limits with regards to what they can do with the process size and features. Some changes in the near future may let us progress faster, but not yet. We haven't reached similar points for mobile processors just yet.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2016, 12:05 PM   #202
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Sep 20, 2016, 12:37 PM   #203
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Yep. This is why I went with a black matte. And also all of those issues that I never had problems like that. *shrug*

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2016, 12:48 PM   #204
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
Yep. This is why I went with a black matte. And also all of those issues that I never had problems like that. *shrug*
yea I have a black matte coming
but the only one that worries me is Hissgate the others are just software bugs and will get worked out

but I would hate the hissing and more so if it shows up on videos you take with the phone
Old Sep 20, 2016, 01:46 PM   #205
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
yea I have a black matte coming
but the only one that worries me is Hissgate the others are just software bugs and will get worked out

but I would hate the hissing and more so if it shows up on videos you take with the phone
You would think there would be better shielding for devices by now, as well as testing to address this.

Unless they tested in a noisy environment, such as a snake pit, or the Slytherin set at Hogwarts.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 04:39 PM   #206
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
You would think there would be better shielding for devices by now, as well as testing to address this.

Unless they tested in a noisy environment, such as a snake pit, or the Slytherin set at Hogwarts.
you would think this would have shown up long before Samsung's few bad batterys

seen a few apple sites trying to put out the narrative it ok nothing to worry about all hardware does this

I have returned 350 buck video cards for coil whine I will sure do it for a 1000 dollar phone
the new note 7 green will be out soon I can switch back
Old Sep 20, 2016, 05:04 PM   #207
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

The wifey just got her 7 from FedEx today. My 7+ should arrive on Thursday. I'll set it up and check for "coil whine" but I'm not overly concerned.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2016, 06:18 PM   #208
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
you would think this would have shown up long before Samsung's few bad batterys

seen a few apple sites trying to put out the narrative it ok nothing to worry about all hardware does this

I have returned 350 buck video cards for coil whine I will sure do it for a 1000 dollar phone
the new note 7 green will be out soon I can switch back
Yep, same here. I went through a few Nvidia GTX's back in the day due to coil whine. It is SO annoying.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 09:54 PM   #209
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

So turns out my 7 plus is a dud. My silver one came in today and since apple has no replacements for my matte black I just gotta wait. The phone was getting hot as **** really easily, battery would drop literally 1% a min doing nothing, and the home button feedback is just not there anymore. My silver one seems to be a lot smoother but am I the only one who finds these phones laggy now and then. On my 7 I notice lag as well. Happens often in settings menu the most and now and there. It's by far from smooth. My 6s experience was smooth in regular use, these things are laggy in comparison.

Old Sep 21, 2016, 01:56 AM   #210
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
So turns out my 7 plus is a dud. My silver one came in today and since apple has no replacements for my matte black I just gotta wait. The phone was getting hot as **** really easily, battery would drop literally 1% a min doing nothing, and the home button feedback is just not there anymore. My silver one seems to be a lot smoother but am I the only one who finds these phones laggy now and then. On my 7 I notice lag as well. Happens often in settings menu the most and now and there. It's by far from smooth. My 6s experience was smooth in regular use, these things are laggy in comparison.
not a good sign for using this on 115f phoenix days and leaving it in the truck

I can leave my 1520 in the truck all day and it works fine as long as it was not in direct sun light
phoenix inside car temp can get 150f