Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 10, 2016, 11:13 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

40% on CPU and 50% on GPU. They are usually right on target with their numbers.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2016, 12:59 PM   #152
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Does low power mode force the phone to only use the slower cores?
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2016, 02:39 PM   #153
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
The only thing they said is they built a controller so the phone knows when to switch to the slower cores. Im assuming it probably wouldnt use the slower cores all the time in low power mode.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 11, 2016, 08:58 AM   #154
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Fewer sensors, etc. as well.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2016, 03:47 PM   #155
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Just had close to 12 hours of usage and 44+ hours of standbye time on my last charge. If the 7+ really does get another hour of battery life I'll be really happy.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2016, 01:38 PM   #156
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
iPhone 7 Plus camera samples appear before full reviews

http://www.slashgear.com/iphone-7-pl...iews-12455710/

looks good so far

I need to know how well it does at 3 to 5 inches for taking pictures of unit data tags
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2016, 02:01 PM   #157
logical
What is my purpose?

I wonder how much of the picture pop is due to post processing. Now that the images can be exported to RAW you can definitely make them look way better than before.

My phone will be delivered Friday.

Old Sep 12, 2016, 02:31 PM   #158
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
http://www.slashgear.com/iphone-7-pl...iews-12455710/

looks good so far

I need to know how well it does at 3 to 5 inches for taking pictures of unit data tags
Should be pretty solid. The iPhone 6s+ already takes great pictures, including close ups. The 7s+ should be a little better (especially including depth of field, bokeh, etc.).
Old Sep 12, 2016, 09:21 PM   #159
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Hey guys. Do you know any best third party iphone backup manager aside the itunes? (Of course, I don't use itunes a lot and don't trust iCloud either) I want do a full backup but however only select the specific apps and its app data that I need to backup and also need to backup the notes and contacts as well.

I need to get ready before my new iphone 7 will be delivered on this Friday.

EDITED: Oh, and I almost forget to ask you. Is this a good one for an iphone 7? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A10DKVET0O3A33

What kind of screen protection did you use? I just curious...Can you recommend some kind of the screen protection? Thanks!

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210

Last edited by Treeckcold57 : Sep 12, 2016 at 09:27 PM.
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2016, 12:02 AM   #160
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

bought that iPhone 7+ Friday at AT&T and put 400 down on a credit card because they would not take cash
only new place I have used that card on months

to day CITI calls me my card is being all over new jersey
Old Sep 13, 2016, 08:02 AM   #161
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
bought that iPhone 7+ Friday at AT&T and put 400 down on a credit card because they would not take cash
only new place I have used that card on months

to day CITI calls me my card is being all over new jersey
Wow, sorry to hear that.

But congrats on the new phone

Quick note, the new Maps app from Apple looks decent enough visually. The UI borrows heavily from what made Here so good on WP.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 08:12 AM   #162
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

A ton of Apple apps I don't use get deleted today!

Anyways, I ended up with a new iPhone 6S Plus after going in for my top volume button not being pushed in. It worked, but the clicky feel was lost. They can't fix that so I got a full replacement.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2016, 09:31 AM   #163
logical
What is my purpose?

IIRC, iOS 10 doesnt even delete the apps it just hides the icon. So even if you "deleted" it you wouldnt get that space on the internal memory to use.

Old Sep 13, 2016, 09:52 AM   #164
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
IIRC, iOS 10 doesnt even delete the apps it just hides the icon. So even if you "deleted" it you wouldnt get that space on the internal memory to use.
Seems to be true for the built-in Apple apps. Data will get deleted, but the apps themselves just go "dormant" and hide. They only take about about 150Mb total, though.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/ios-10-...ly-you-8816425
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2016, 09:53 AM   #165
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
I have 128GB's. I'm not concerned about space. I'm more concerned on look at apps I don't use.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:10 AM   #166
logical
What is my purpose?

Reviews are hitting.

Old Sep 13, 2016, 01:10 PM   #167
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Waiting for Mr Mobile and MKBHD. Are those out?
Old Sep 13, 2016, 06:47 PM   #168
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Waiting for Mr Mobile and MKBHD. Are those out?
Those won't be till after release. Since I don't believe they pander to apple directly. I ordered the 7 and 7 plus in 256gb one matte one piano. I am looking forward to the phone as the beta of ios 10 is pretty damn good to me. However, the above reviews are so obvious in following an apple review guide. I got the phones either way but I'd ignore any review that for iphone done by people provided with a sample from apple.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2016, 09:12 PM   #169
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Those won't be till after release. Since I don't believe they pander to apple directly. I ordered the 7 and 7 plus in 256gb one matte one piano. I am looking forward to the phone as the beta of ios 10 is pretty damn good to me. However, the above reviews are so obvious in following an apple review guide. I got the phones either way but I'd ignore any review that for iphone done by people provided with a sample from apple.
Sometimes they get early devices.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 10:07 AM   #170
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Updated to iOS X on iphone 6 yesterday and it seems feel quickly and nice. I'm getting used to it because there has been changed a few UI.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2016, 07:10 PM   #171
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Old Sep 15, 2016, 07:50 PM   #172
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Sep 16, 2016, 04:07 AM   #173
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
"During the online pre-order period, initial quantities of iPhone 7 Plus in all finishes and iPhone 7 in jet black sold out and will not be available for walk-in customers," the company said in a statement.
Quote:
According to Apple's website, the jet black version of the iPhone 7 Plus won't ship until November in the U.S. All other colors, including matte black, will ship in two to three weeks if ordered online directly from Apple. Those wait times could change.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/15/tech...ale/index.html
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:03 AM   #174
logical
What is my purpose?

Going to go pick up my matte 7 plus in a few.

Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:35 AM   #175
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Going to go pick up my matte 7 plus in a few.
i'd say plug in some headphones on the way home

but

heh

heheheheehe
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:37 AM   #176
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post

but

heh

heheheheehe
I mean, he still can, it comes with the dongle.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:53 AM   #177
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post

but

heh

heheheheehe

Bluetooth in the car no need lol. I don't have a high end pair of phones for my phone so I don't care about the drop of the headphone jack. The provided headphones will work fine enough for when I ride my bike. Thinking of picking up a set of Bragi headphones cause I'm tired of wires though.

Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:54 AM   #178
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
iPhone 7 Plus Teardown

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPho...Teardown/67384

https://www.cnet.com/news/warning-if...n-apple-store/

people are nuts to wait in line
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:19 PM   #179
logical
What is my purpose?

lmao

Old Sep 16, 2016, 03:20 PM   #180
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

I guess my only gripe is that it seems to take more swipes to get to whatever I'm trying to get to.

When I'm playing music/podcost, I can pull up the control center, BUT i have to swipe left to get to the controls. In iOS 9, it was just there.

I used to be able to love a song from the lockscreen. Now I have to go into the app.

I used to be able to put a song on repeat by pressing the symbol on the Music app. Now I have to swipe down, then press the symbol.

Notification UI kind of bizarre. I used to be able to go straight into the app from the notification screen.

All my text replacement codes appear to not work. I used to able to type in gml and my gmail address would pop up. I have many of these shortcuts. I have to reset these.

iMessage features are a bit much. I'm sure the youths will love it, but seriously, it's overboard.

iOS 10 feels smoother and faster though. Like iOS 6 fast. I loved that version.

Last edited by Razeus : Sep 16, 2016 at 03:29 PM.