Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 8, 2016, 06:34 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Geekbench showing 3GB for the iP7+ and 2GB for the iP7 for ram totals.

iP7+
https://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/213223
Someone posted almost the same stuff a week or two ago on reddit.

My scores with 10.1 are 2471 SC, 4118 DC. Within the ballpark of what I had before.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2016, 06:36 PM   #122
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Those wireless earbuds look HIDEOUS. Kinda surprised how Apple will settle with something like this.

Having said that, I like the iPhone 7 Plus. Has some much needed upgrades compared to the iPhone 6S. More RAM, optical zoom, IP67 resistancy and dual speakers are welcome additions. Honestly don't know what there thinking about ditching the 3.5mm jack but that doesn't worry me much cause I never use it when my phone is being charged anyway.
I'm going to keep giving them crap about the bullshit marketing they used to drop the port, but I haven't personally used the 3.5mm more than maybe 5 times over my past couple of phones.

However, I always knew I had the option to jump on a conference call or whatever.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:57 PM   #123
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Someone posted almost the same stuff a week or two ago on reddit.

My scores with 10.1 are 2471 SC, 4118 DC. Within the ballpark of what I had before.
The earlier ones posted a week ago were for the 7 and not the + iirc.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:36 PM   #124
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
The earlier ones posted a week ago were for the 7 and not the + iirc.
Thought it had 3GB? Eh, either way, new procs seem pretty solid.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 02:41 AM   #125
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Guess what guys? Just ordered a Black iPhone 7 Plus 128GB. Demand seems to be higher than the 6S cause it only took 20 minutes for everything to be out of stock in Hong Kong. The 7 Plus in black took only 5 minutes before it was unavailable. But then again, with rumors of Apple reducing component orders..
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2016, 08:36 AM   #126
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

More and more discussions about this going on.

Removing the floppy (which others had also done) was a no-brainer because there was superior technology and it was essentially obsolete.

Here, that is not necessarily the case. You still require DAC's on both sides, the 3.5mm with a good DAC > bluetooth AFAIK, etc. etc.

Also, no battery or charging requirements for plugged in headphones.

I can see a business reason for doing this, but not a practical reason.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 08:40 AM   #127
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I kind of wouldn't be surprised if the headphone jack came back in the 7S, much like Samsung brought the SD card back after backlash...
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2016, 08:49 AM   #128
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I kind of wouldn't be surprised if the headphone jack came back in the 7S, much like Samsung brought the SD card back after backlash...
I doubt it would be that quick, unless something major changes. Will be interesting to see what happens though.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 09:01 AM   #129
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Old Sep 9, 2016, 09:13 AM   #130
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Ordered a 7+ 128GB Matte Black last night

Old Sep 9, 2016, 09:16 AM   #131
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:

Reminds me of Microsoft removing the Start button. The outcry is still echoing through the universe.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:42 AM   #132
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I doubt it, this company doesn't admit mistakes. The only two times I've seen them publicly admit as much was with Apple Maps (they had to fire someone to do it) and the camera roll feature within the camera app was brought back.

They upgraded storage and reduced pricing on most of the iPads, obviously in response to terrible pricing and storage options. Also an obvious decline in the "Post-PC era" of thinking. That thought process is obviously dead. They didn't admit anything on those things.

Quote:
Ordered a 7+ 128GB Matte Black last night

That's the one I'd get, hopefully next year they keep the matte black look on however that one is designed.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:50 AM   #133
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Not sure why people keep asking for an SD card slot on the iPhone. Don't the newer iPhones use fast NVMe storage? Won't an SD card be much much slower than the native storage?
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:53 AM   #134
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Not sure why people keep asking for an SD card slot on the iPhone. Don't the newer iPhones use fast NVMe storage? Won't an SD card be much much slower than the native storage?
Exactly. I can't even make myself care now that my phone has 64gb of built-in storage... And my next phone will be the 128gb.

edit: Just used the two-factor authentication for the first time, I like the push notification that shows up on the phone, asking if you want to allow the sign-in or not, before it gives the 6 digit code. Shows a map of where the sign-in happened.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:34 PM   #135
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Looks mighty good, might be my next phone!

Even tho some oddities with iOS still irk me, the lack of a expanded mem is the biggest thing that may hold me back... unless i go for the 256gb model. Because of work I just need/want ample storage and not need to worry about running out of space... as i currently do now with 128gb card but easy fixed by inserting another. I also love using a card for phone back ups. So nice to restore without needing to worry about downloading or being hooked into a computer.

BUT with that being said, its something i can alter my habits if there are other features that i can benefit from.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:44 PM   #136
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
well I have half a dozen 64gb & 128gb 95MB/s cards each most everything has a SD card slot now even my truck stereo
why keep buying more memory with each phone, if I keep a phone for 2 to 3 years trade in is crap

I have 75gb+ of music on my phone SD card now plus all the work photos I take so that means I will need a 256gb iPhone when I add the 25 gb of apps I have a 128 would only leave 28gb or less, how much storage does the system use ?
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2016, 01:22 PM   #137
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Options.

I don't use it, don't care for it. I know a lot of folks who take a lot of videos and photos and use the SD cards to move stuff quickly to notebooks and desktops for editing, etc.

There are use cases, but fewer and fewer.

In other countries, it seems to be a lot more used.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 02:21 PM   #138
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

At first I thought SD card should be a thing, but as long as theres ample space on board then I don't see the need for it.

My phone has 32gb non upgradeable and its doing fine. I did have space issues at one point but deleting some games that I never played helped with that.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2016, 02:32 PM   #139
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

was in at&fee and changed to the new data plan and ordered a mat black 7 plus 256gb for way too much bloody money
insert " the cost is too damn high guy "

is there a good light wireless charging case preferably just a back with pass thru lightning port

Last edited by bill dennison : Sep 9, 2016 at 02:42 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 02:40 PM   #140
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
was in at&fee and changed to the new data plan and ordered a mat black 256gb for way too much bloody money
insert " the cost is too damn high guy "

is there a good light wireless charging case preferably just a back with pass thru lightning port
Check these out.

Read reviews VERY carefully

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb...s=lightning+qi
Old Sep 9, 2016, 02:48 PM   #141
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
well I have half a dozen 64gb & 128gb 95MB/s cards each most everything has a SD card slot now even my truck stereo
why keep buying more memory with each phone, if I keep a phone for 2 to 3 years trade in is crap

I have 75gb+ of music on my phone SD card now plus all the work photos I take so that means I will need a 256gb iPhone when I add the 25 gb of apps I have a 128 would only leave 28gb or less, how much storage does the system use ?
75gb of music? Are you a musician by any chance? That's like a gazillion hours of music.

I stopped putting my collection on the iphone and use pandora/spotify. I don't have time to be adding/removing and sorting my 10-15gb collection. Kudos to whoever has time for it tho.

btw Bought 2x ip7+ jet black and 2x ip7 jet black both 128gb. Ordered like at 3:10am PST and still got delivery time to october.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 02:52 PM   #142
logical
What is my purpose?

Apparently, only a small number of people (very small) were able to order and get sept 16 delivery date for the jet black model.

Good thing I didnt want that model.

Old Sep 9, 2016, 03:13 PM   #143
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
75gb of music? Are you a musician by any chance? That's like a gazillion hours of music.

I stopped putting my collection on the iphone and use pandora/spotify. I don't have time to be adding/removing and sorting my 10-15gb collection. Kudos to whoever has time for it tho.

btw Bought 2x ip7+ jet black and 2x ip7 jet black both 128gb. Ordered like at 3:10am PST and still got delivery time to october.
no just driving all day and working and can't stand radio they are always talking

and I like keep my data usage to the minimum so no streaming

Quote:
Apparently, only a small number of people (very small) were able to order and get sept 16 delivery date for the jet black model.

Good thing I didnt want that model.
mines not going to ship till October 7th
I would think 7 plus 256gb would not sell as well

other than iTunes what app for music
I have well over 300 cd's to rip lossless compression only
maybe I can move my windows phone files over maybe
Old Sep 9, 2016, 03:19 PM   #144
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:

mines not going to ship till October 7th
I would think 7 plus 256gb would not sell as well

other than iTunes what app for music
I have well over 300 cd's to rip lossless compression only
maybe I can move my windows phone files over maybe
People really want that shiny black model.

As for music apps there is a whole bunch of them but I use VLC player just cause I only put on my phone what I want to hear when riding my bike. Youre probably better off just using the built in music app.

Old Sep 9, 2016, 03:23 PM   #145
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
People really want that shiny black model.

As for music apps there is a whole bunch of them but I use VLC player just cause I only put on my phone what I want to hear when riding my bike. Youre probably better off just using the built in music app.
fingerprint magnet

I got the flat black
Old Sep 9, 2016, 03:25 PM   #146
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
fingerprint magnet

I got the flat black
Flat black looks sexy

Glossy black looks nasty, plus scratches super easily per all the reviewers in the room at the launch event.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 08:03 PM   #147
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Flat black looks sexy

Glossy black looks nasty, plus scratches super easily per all the reviewers in the room at the launch event.
Yep, when I saw jet black and wanted it, but realized it's glossy, so I changed my mind to choose a black matte instead. My mom was at AT&T store and pre-ordered an iphone 7 black matte w/ 256GB for me and they said my phone will delivers on Sept 16 as expected.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2016, 08:07 PM   #148
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
More and more discussions about this going on.

Removing the floppy (which others had also done) was a no-brainer because there was superior technology and it was essentially obsolete.

Here, that is not necessarily the case. You still require DAC's on both sides, the 3.5mm with a good DAC > bluetooth AFAIK, etc. etc.

Also, no battery or charging requirements for plugged in headphones.

I can see a business reason for doing this, but not a practical reason.
That's funny cause I'm deaf and don't need it. So I'm not really care about headphone. LMAO.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:26 AM   #149
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

T-mobile is quoting 2 months for my matte black 7+... Hopefully it's much faster.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:57 AM   #150
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
T-mobile is quoting 2 months for my matte black 7+... Hopefully it's much faster.
Apple says its 20-30% faster.