Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 7, 2016, 08:30 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Wait so you have to use an adapter? Do they at least give it to you? Plus this is just something else that can **** the sound quality .. I don't understand this change. Stupid.

So if I bought a 7, I'll be forced to use garbage sounding earbuds because there are NO wireless earbuds that sound good? Yeah, real courageous .. Morons.
Yes, you get lightning headphones and a lightning adapter with the purchase.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2016, 08:31 PM   #92
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Been reading about it, I guess they have done away with subsidized phones since I last upgraded 2 years ago. I guess I am going to have to eat a monthly payment if I dont feel like shelling out the full price of the phone. I guess on the flip side I'll be able to upgrade every year for basically nothing.
Are you grandfathered into a plan?

If not, check out the offerings at a place like Best Buy, or check out Apple directly. They have some plans that might work for you (similar to GoogleFi subsidized devices).
Old Sep 7, 2016, 08:31 PM   #93
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

that's awful

i wonder if the DAC is even upgraded on the 7
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 7, 2016, 08:39 PM   #94
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
that's awful

i wonder if the DAC is even upgraded on the 7
I think we'll find out with proper reviews soon.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 09:56 PM   #95
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I had wireless charging on my Note 5, it was next to pointless, except the fact the Note 5 had such awful battery life I HAD to charge it at every second I could. Get back to me when you can wireless charge from anywhere in the room, then I'll be interested. Tethered charging is still tethered, whether you're tethered to a wire or tethered to a desk.

By the way, I can charge and sync, iPhones have wireless sync via iTunes.
Yeah I find it pretty pointless also. I jumped on the bandwagon with my Lumia 930 which had it built in and I was all 'this is cool' but after the initial novelty wore off it was basically meh, I could live without this.

Especially if I wanted to use the phone while its charging...i'd still have to plug it in via cable instead of just sitting on a pad that is on my desk and cant really move anywhere.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:27 PM   #96
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

sorry not having wireless charging is not a plus, if you don't like it don't use it if it is built in you will never see it

no wireless charging, no sd card slot and having to go back to using iTunes is a big reason i'm still thinking on getting note 7

iPhone 7 has a plus of that I already own a lot of software for it from my ipad 2 and 4s
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:40 PM   #97
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
sorry not having wireless charging is not a plus, if you don't like it don't use it if it is built in you will never see it

no wireless charging, no sd card slot and having to go back to using iTunes is a big reason i'm still thinking on getting note 7

iPhone 7 has a plus of that I already own a lot of software for it from my ipad 2 and 4s
I'll take no sd card and no wireless charging over an exploding battery anytime and twice on sundays. Note 7 has nothing on this new iphone 7 plus.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 11:00 PM   #98
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
I'll take no sd card and no wireless charging over an exploding battery anytime and twice on sundays. Note 7 has nothing on this new iphone 7 plus.
apple has had exploding batteries in the past and will again
and they did not do a full recall like Samsung, more like they hushed it up about like 6 plus touch disease
https://9to5mac.com/2016/08/29/apple...sease-lawsuit/

the note 7 will be fixed before I could buy one at this point
and that Samsung steeped up so quickly is a point in their favor

and 75gb+ in music and about 15gb in just gps apps with maps means the iPhone 7 plus 256gb only
a sd card would be better

Last edited by bill dennison : Sep 7, 2016 at 11:06 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 11:14 PM   #99
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Wireless charging is great. More ways to charge your phone is

Quote:
Apple tends to avoid pointless tech
Except the watch already use's it

Quote:
I had wireless charging on my Note 5, it was next to pointless, except the fact the Note 5 had such awful battery life I HAD to charge it at every second I could. Get back to me when you can wireless charge from anywhere in the room, then I'll be interested. Tethered charging is still tethered, whether you're tethered to a wire or tethered to a desk.

By the way, I can charge and sync, iPhones have wireless sync via iTunes.
Wireless sync, yea we have that on android and we don't have to deal with iTunes

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2016, 03:05 AM   #100
MaxSt
Radeon Arctic Islands

MaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Wait so you have to use an adapter? Do they at least give it to you?
Yeah, there are limits to Apple's "courage".
MaxSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2016, 09:20 AM   #101
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
Don't waste your time, he has a HUGE anti-wireless charging boner Even though Apple already has it implemented on another product.

Personally, I love it and it's one of the things I miss the most about not having my Nexus 5.

Quote:
You don't have to use iTunes. One of the main reasons I got my phone is because I didn't have to touch iTunes.

iPhone 7 has a plus of that I already own a lot of software for it from my ipad 2 and 4s[/quote]

Quote:
Eh. You have issues with batteries (expanding, swelling, catching fire), screens not working, signal strength, etc. etc.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...oding-iphones/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/apple-hi...touch-disease/

At least Samsung does a recall. You'd be lucky if Apple acknowledges an issue.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 09:59 AM   #102
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Like the earpods but for $159 no thanks. Bunch of other options for less than $100
Which options are those? Bragi is coming out with a new set thats 119 on pre-order but which other cheaper options are there? Not including those sets that are tethered together. Just talking a left and right headphone with no kind of attachments.

Looking for something quality though... I may pick this up for 16 bucks jusy to give them a try

Scratch that thought it was a set.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:03 AM   #103
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I like the fact that my iPhone will now shoot RAW (DNG format). Even the 6S/SE models.

Definitely not upgrading this round.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:29 AM   #104
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Hahaha those wireless **** earbuds are $159?

LOL
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:54 AM   #105
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Hahaha those wireless **** earbuds are $159?

LOL
Courage isn't cheap
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:56 AM   #106
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Wireless charging is great. More ways to charge your phone is

Except the watch already use's it

Wireless sync, yea we have that on android and we don't have to deal with iTunes
And when you're wireless charging an Apple Watch, how useful is it? Wireless charging is a gimmick, and a bad one at that. Tethered charging is a more accurate name.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:03 AM   #107
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
And when you're wireless charging your watch, how useful is it? Wireless charging is a gimmick, and a bad one at that. Tethered charging is a more accurate name.

No, it's not. Your repeating that it is a gimmick, a bad one, useless, and whatever else doesn't mean it actually is any of those things.

You can use wireless charging or plug it in, you choose.

Wireless charging is almost as fast as regular charging, including fastcharge (which Apple still doesn't support).

You are not plugging in and unplugging something repeatedly, and your docks become a heck of a lot more useful immediately (have a clock or notifications showing). There is a ton of time (and cable fraying) saved by not having to worry about that stuff.

The Apple Watch has multiple docks that allow the watch to act as a desk clock when charging, so it IS still useful, just not as much.

Just because YOU can't see a use case for something that exists (successfully ) in several other devices doesn't mean it is irrelevant or useless.

Not a single one of your arguments against it make sense in the context that you can still plug in the device if you so choose. There is no argument against, except that the technology currently is nascent when it comes to wireless charging through metal body devices.

Allegedly the next iPhone is supposed to support it so I'll be very curious to see your arguments FOR it at that point.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:09 AM   #108
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post

No, it's not. Your repeating that it is a gimmick, a bad one, useless, and whatever else doesn't mean it actually is any of those things.

You can use wireless charging or plug it in, you choose.

Wireless charging is almost as fast as regular charging, including fastcharge (which Apple still doesn't support).
Almost, but not. I charge my iPhone with a 2A charger without issue.

Quote:
You are not plugging in and unplugging something repeatedly, and your docks become a heck of a lot more useful immediately (have a clock or notifications showing). There is a ton of time (and cable fraying) saved by not having to worry about that stuff.
It took 4+ years to fray the cord on my Moto Xyboard's plug, but it still works. I think I'll be okay plugging in a Lightning plug.

Quote:
The Apple Watch has multiple docks that allow the watch to act as a desk clock when charging, so it IS still useful, just not as much.
And your phone is still useful, just not as much. My phone is 100% useful when I plug it in.

Quote:
Just because YOU can't see a use case for something that exists (successfully ) in several other devices doesn't mean it is irrelevant or useless.
And yet, wireless charging STILL isn't mainstream. Sure, it's in a few devices, but how many people actually use it?

Quote:
Not a single one of your arguments against it make sense in the context that you can still plug in the device if you so choose. There is no argument against, except that the technology currently is nascent when it comes to wireless charging through metal body devices.

Allegedly the next iPhone is supposed to support it so I'll be very curious to see your arguments FOR it at that point.
There is no argument against? How about taking up more room inside the phone for a pointless gimmick? That's not an argument against? I won't wirelessly charge next years iPhone either, because it's a gimmick that is no better (and arguably worse) than just plugging the phone in. I love when you act like I've never had a phone that has wireless charging. Hell, I still have my Samsung wireless charger sitting on my desk, I use it as a coaster. Now THAT is useful.

http://www.howtogeek.com/233205/why-...ur-smartphone/

This really sums up my feelings quite well.

Hell, wireless charging isn't even included in the most recent Nexus phones, after being in 3 generations.

Last edited by Elysian : Sep 8, 2016 at 11:16 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:13 AM   #109
Nunz
RIP Roxen

both of you guys have the strangest boners
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:19 AM   #110
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Almost, but not. I charge my iPhone with a 2A charger without issue.
That's not fast charging. It is just "faster than slow" charging. And doesn't address the wireless charging benefits.

Quote:
It took 4+ years to fray the cord on my Moto Xyboard's plug, but it still works. I think I'll be okay plugging in a Lightning plug.
A lot of this has to do with Apple having historically rubbish cables with no flex protection. Only over the past year or two do they actually have the flex points protected.

Also, plugging/unplugging introduces more wear and more effort than simply putting a device on a charger. And you can use NFC to start a bunch of stuff as well. Automatically.

Quote:
And your phone is still useful, just not as much. My phone is 100% useful when I plug it in.
That's wonderful. At no point has anyone ever suggested that you cannot still plug your device in. This is not a "this OR that" modifier. This is an AND situation.

Quote:
And yet, wireless charging STILL isn't mainstream. Sure, it's in more devices, but how many people actually use it?
It actually is. The big problem in the US has been various carriers trying to introduce their own standards and specifically barring manufacturers from bringing standards like Qi in their devices. See Nokia, for example, having to make separate charging cases for their devices here rather than integrating charging for several phones.

And there are tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions, of devices that support the technology. Samsung devices over the past 2 years support both PMA and Qi and it is prominently advertised.

Quote:
That's not an argument against? I won't wirelessly charge next years iPhone either, because it's a gimmick that is no better (and arguably worse) than just plugging the phone in. I love when you act like I've never had a phone that has wireless charging. Hell, I still have my Samsung wireless charger sitting on my desk, I use it as a coaster. Now THAT is useful.
A Galaxy S7 or the thinner Edge are barely thicker than an iPhone/Plus, have better screens, better water resistance, include SD slots, include dual-SIM support, AND have wireless charging supporting both major formats, including fast charging (wired and wireless). Oh, and a headphone jack. How much more room does all that take again?

How you specifically use your devices is completely irrelevant to the discussion.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:23 AM   #111
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
both of you guys have the strangest boners
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:25 AM   #112
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
That's not fast charging. It is just "faster than slow" charging. And doesn't address the wireless charging benefits.

A lot of this has to do with Apple having historically rubbish cables with no flex protection. Only over the past year or two do they actually have the flex points protected.

Also, plugging/unplugging introduces more wear and more effort than simply putting a device on a charger. And you can use NFC to start a bunch of stuff as well. Automatically.

That's wonderful. At no point has anyone ever suggested that you cannot still plug your device in. This is not a "this OR that" modifier. This is an AND situation.

It actually is. The big problem in the US has been various carriers trying to introduce their own standards and specifically barring manufacturers from bringing standards like Qi in their devices. See Nokia, for example, having to make separate charging cases for their devices here rather than integrating charging for several phones.

And there are tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions, of devices that support the technology. Samsung devices over the past 2 years support both PMA and Qi and it is prominently advertised.

A Galaxy S7 or the thinner Edge are barely thicker than an iPhone/Plus, have better screens, better water resistance, include SD slots, include dual-SIM support, AND have wireless charging supporting both major formats, including fast charging (wired and wireless). Oh, and a headphone jack. How much more room does all that take again?

How you specifically use your devices is completely irrelevant to the discussion.
It's hardly mainstream. Being included in the S7 doesn't make it mainstream when Samsung still charges $50+ for the fast-charging base. The benefits don't outweigh the cost, or the drawbacks, for most people.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:27 PM   #113
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Started using wireless charging with my G3, and my wife (using iphone 6s) really wants it too.

I keep two charging pads around one at the office, one at home. So very nice to have, wouldn't want a phone without wireless charging now.

That said, apple did some nice stuff with the camera this round, and glad samsung made them add water resistance (Competition is good!) But otherwise nothing really added this round. the A10 is a nice speed boost) but...that's pretty much it.

I really don't see myself going back to apple at this point. I love their laptops, and they really need a full refresh, but their phones are no longer for me.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2016, 02:34 PM   #114
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
It's hardly mainstream.
Outside of Apple, yah, it kind of is.

Many flagship Android devices either support it directly or with a case or accessory for the past few years. When the Nexus 6P came out, the biggest complaints were lack of wireless charging and the lack of OIS.

Quote:
Being included in the S7 doesn't make it mainstream when Samsung still charges $50+ for the fast-charging base. The benefits don't outweigh the cost, or the drawbacks, for most people.
Most Galaxy phones over the past several years have included it, it's not just the S7.

And you can buy inexpensive chargers since it is a standard, you don't have to buy proprietary.

The S7 costs the same or less than the 7 and has more features in almost the same size package.

Do you mind expanding on the drawbacks? Pretty sure if you don't want to use it, you don't have to. Or is there something in the EULA that forces you to use wireless charging?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 03:00 PM   #115
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Those looking to listen to stuff AND charge at the same time, there is hope:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/8/128...e-charge-music

$40 so you can plug a headphone into a dongle into another dongle so you can do what most other devices can already do.

#courage
Old Sep 8, 2016, 03:06 PM   #116
Elysian
SCAATSJW

WTF is that ****? Why would they not just have an adapter that has a Lightning port and headphone next to each other? Someone was braindead when they came up with that.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 03:17 PM   #117
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Those looking to listen to stuff AND charge at the same time, there is hope:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/8/128...e-charge-music

$40 so you can plug a headphone into a dongle into another dongle so you can do what most other devices can already do.

#courage
hay if plug two wall chargers into that can you fast charge
Old Sep 8, 2016, 04:38 PM   #118
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Geekbench showing 3GB for the iP7+ and 2GB for the iP7 for ram totals.

iP7+
https://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/213223

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2016, 06:28 PM   #119
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
WTF is that ****? Why would they not just have an adapter that has a Lightning port and headphone next to each other? Someone was braindead when they came up with that.
You spelt courageous wrong
Old Sep 8, 2016, 06:31 PM   #120
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Those wireless earbuds look HIDEOUS. Kinda surprised how Apple will settle with something like this.

Having said that, I like the iPhone 7 Plus. Has some much needed upgrades compared to the iPhone 6S. More RAM, optical zoom, IP67 resistancy and dual speakers are welcome additions. Honestly don't know what there thinking about ditching the 3.5mm jack but that doesn't worry me much cause I never use it when my phone is being charged anyway.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote