Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 29, 2016, 08:02 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
TenFour
Radeon Northern Islands

TenFour is still being judged by the masses

I'm surprised no one mentioned the gimping of Game Center. It's a big loss in my opinion. I really enjoyed being able to see what my friends are playing and challenge them to beat scores and try to get them playing the same stuff I am.

Also, I'm an achievements collector, but now there's no way to view your achievements across all games, or at all for games you've uninstalled!
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2016, 08:15 PM   #122
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
I'm surprised no one mentioned the gimping of Game Center. It's a big loss in my opinion. I really enjoyed being able to see what my friends are playing and challenge them to beat scores and try to get them playing the same stuff I am.

Also, I'm an achievements collector, but now there's no way to view your achievements across all games, or at all for games you've uninstalled!
Yeah it didnt catch on like they would like. They axed for messages gaming. I thought it could have stayed around but they should have redesigned it... it was ugly as hell.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2016, 10:24 PM   #123
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I've never used Game Center besides logging into it when I play games.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 4, 2016, 01:52 AM   #124
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So I was using my iPhone 6S just fine and tried the 10 upgrade. It has officially bricked my phone. Can't restore. I don't have a backup either. Can't update to iOS 10.

Now trying to update to iOS 9.3.5 using IPSW hack. **** this crap. How can they push an update that bricks phones.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2016, 03:49 AM   #125
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Update. What a disaster. Got a 9.3.5 IPSW file and got my phone back up and running. Then used iCloud restore to restore my iPhone and it said some things could not be restored.

Thankfully I had backup from yesterday. I didn't even know I had that backup.

The iOS 10 upgrade can eat a dick.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2016, 08:56 AM   #126
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

10.2.3 beta is out for anyone on the beta profile

Didn't notice much change, seems like a couple of new iMessage effects and maybe some bug cleanup?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2016, 08:42 AM   #127
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I like the way notifications worked in iOS 9. iOS 10 is completely useless.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2016, 05:58 PM   #128
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

iOS 10 supports third party call blocking apps. I recently added nomorobo to my iPhone to take advantage of this super cool new feature and stop robo callers.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2016, 08:12 PM   #129
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Apple iOS 10.2 Has Three Nasty Surprises

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke.../#40b35fdf2499

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2016, 09:24 PM   #130
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

dont seem that nasty

the battery one is a hardware issue though, isn't it? how would software fix that
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2016, 01:05 AM   #131
Rakeesh
PC is ze master race

Rakeesh is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
iOS 10 has been an overall frustration at my company. Every version seems to have something broken, and a minor patch then fixes it while breaking something else.

By far the most annoying thing was that calendar alarms were completely broken until a patch just a few days ago.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:40 AM   #132
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
iOS 10 has been an overall frustration at my company. Every version seems to have something broken, and a minor patch then fixes it while breaking something else.

By far the most annoying thing was that calendar alarms were completely broken until a patch just a few days ago.
have fun more incoming
Quote:
Apple iOS 10.3 Release, It's A Big One
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke.../#13e137297b7f

not had much problem with my 7+

had a pair Powerbeats3's was supposed to be class 1 Bluetooth with a 100 meter range I couldn't get more than 30 feet
I returned them but I don't know now if it was the earphones or the 7+ or both
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2017, 09:59 AM   #133
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

So dunno if this was a thing before iOS 10, but I noticed an involuntary sharing of pictures across my iDevices. I think I found the setting to turn this feature off though.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:04 AM   #134
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCI Blue View Post
So dunno if this was a thing before iOS 10, but I noticed an involuntary sharing of pictures across my iDevices. I think I found the setting to turn this feature off though.
Probably linked via iCloud.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2017, 08:00 PM   #135
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post

It is definitely problematic. I am not quite sure what Apple is trying to do with it given how many bugs are introduced with every release.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:43 AM   #136
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Dunno if it's just my perception but the latest update (whatever in late Dec) killed battery on my iPad 4. I used to be able to leave it for 2 weeks standby and still have half a charge. Now I'm lucky if it goes a 4 days without needing a recharge.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2017, 01:46 PM   #137
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Dunno if it's just my perception but the latest update (whatever in late Dec) killed battery on my iPad 4. I used to be able to leave it for 2 weeks standby and still have half a charge. Now I'm lucky if it goes a 4 days without needing a recharge.
If you check the forums, this is true for a lot of users.

My battery life has dropped, but I am still getting decent SOT.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 05:36 PM   #138
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

The last couple of beta's for 10.3 sort of sucked. There were graphical lag issues, battery issues, etc.

10.3 beta 4 though, my phone feels brand new again and the battery drain seems to be fixed too. Loving it so far
Old Mar 6, 2017, 06:43 PM   #139
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
The last couple of beta's for 10.3 sort of sucked. There were graphical lag issues, battery issues, etc.

10.3 beta 4 though, my phone feels brand new again and the battery drain seems to be fixed too. Loving it so far
How long did it take to do the file system conversion?
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2017, 09:04 PM   #140
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
How long did it take to do the file system conversion?
That was a couple updates ago I believe. And it felt like a regular update on the beta path.