Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Mar 12, 2016, 08:38 AM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I don't think the edge is a gimmicks, I use it a lot when I want to contact my 6 top people. Also the alerts you get from texts that are color coded and you can pull out from the side are awesome. Oh, and give the battery time to settle in. Android phones do a lot in the background the first few days.

I will say I experienced slow charging last night too, first time I've tried charging at home. I plugged it into my power strip and at 47% it said 4 hours remaining. At work it was plenty fast, maybe it doesn't like my powrstrip.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2016, 09:28 AM   #92
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Some carriers utilize a service got DT Ignite. Disable it. It'll save battery and data.

Its stupid.

Also, I've learned fast charge doesn't fully saturate the battery. Standard, slow charge gets me a stronger charge. Able to go about 1:30-2hrs longer on a standard charge on my Note 5.

It'd be cool to know if the S7 series suffers the same disadvantage.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 10:34 AM   #93
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Don't think I have that, at least I can't find it anywhere.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 12, 2016, 06:29 PM   #94
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

What case is everyone getting?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2016, 07:23 PM   #95
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Otterbox Commuter. I need something robust when dogs and cats and other small furry animals are trying to chew on me, sit on me, and do other things that may result in a damaged phone.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2016, 07:25 PM   #96
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post

I use a Spigen SlimArmor case. It doesn't add much bulk to the phone and provides protection to its glass back. :-p I'm pretty easy on my phones so I don't use a screen protector for it. I have yet to see a Gorilla Glass screen actually scratch from general use. However, standard hardened glass.. yes.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 07:55 PM   #97
ice
Rage3D Spammer

I'm using a cheap luvvitt case that actually isn't too bad until my Spigen Neo Hybrid comes this week.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 07:56 PM   #98
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
I don't think the edge is a gimmicks, I use it a lot when I want to contact my 6 top people. Also the alerts you get from texts that are color coded and you can pull out from the side are awesome. Oh, and give the battery time to settle in. Android phones do a lot in the background the first few days.

I will say I experienced slow charging last night too, first time I've tried charging at home. I plugged it into my power strip and at 47% it said 4 hours remaining. At work it was plenty fast, maybe it doesn't like my powrstrip.
Thanks ice, the thing about the battery is interesting. Let's hope it's battery life really improves. Does the colour coded edge functionality work with Whatsapp and Line?

As for slow charging, mine isn't optimal either but it is a little faster. ~20% charged in around 10 minutes.

Flyordie, bought my S7 Edge from a retail store and is factory unlocked. I don't think mine has DT Ignite?

Zero, I bought this case in gold:
https://newsmart.com.hk/tw/samsung-g...igh-pro-shield

Not the best looking colour (they were only selling the gold... really wanted black or silver) but it's not like I had a choice. It was either that or one of those bulky Otterbox Defenders or cheap 10USD rubber cases. Everything else was sold out.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2016, 11:21 PM   #99
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Thanks ice, the thing about the battery is interesting. Let's hope it's battery life really improves. Does the colour coded edge functionality work with Whatsapp and Line?

As for slow charging, mine isn't optimal either but it is a little faster. ~20% charged in around 10 minutes.

Flyordie, bought my S7 Edge from a retail store and is factory unlocked. I don't think mine has DT Ignite?

Zero, I bought this case in gold:
https://newsmart.com.hk/tw/samsung-g...igh-pro-shield

Not the best looking colour (they were only selling the gold... really wanted black or silver) but it's not like I had a choice. It was either that or one of those bulky Otterbox Defenders or cheap 10USD rubber cases. Everything else was sold out.

I have no idea, I don't even know what those apps are.

I plugged my charger directly into the wall and it said 1h26m for full charge from 15%. Something tells me the charger requires too much juice from my power strip or something.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 07:36 AM   #100
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

I plugged my charger directly into the wall and it said 1h26m for full charge from 15%. Something tells me the charger requires too much juice from my power strip or something.
They are both popular instant messenger apps.

Power strips are generally powerful enough to power a Haswell-E+GTX 980Ti rigs without a sweat. Highly doubt that'll cause any drawbacks to storage speed?

As for the edge, I still don't find myself using it that much. If bezels are reduced for the non-edge variant of the Galaxy S8 (if there will be such a thing) guess I will just go vanilla next year. But hey, it's a little to early for that kinda thinking so I'd be more than happy with my S7 Edge for the time being.

Oh, and battery life still isn't that great today. Only got to play with my phone for 30-35min today (Sunday is chill day for me lol) and battery is currently at 85%.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 03:12 PM   #101
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

If it's anything like the S6/N5 generation, it might take a week or so for the battery life optimization functionality to learn usage behaviour and kick in.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2016, 06:10 PM   #102
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Battery seems better after a reboot last night.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 08:56 PM   #103
barleystout
Radeon R700

barleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Did a charge on mine today. Starting at 23% it was calculated to be 1h 6m for a full charge.
barleystout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2016, 09:13 PM   #104
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barleystout View Post
Did a charge on mine today. Starting at 23% it was calculated to be 1h 6m for a full charge.
Yeah it definitely doesn't like certain power sources for quick charge.

Finally got my decent screen protector in, I put the XtremeGuard one on and it was immediate ****. Thankfully this SuperShieldz one came today and it's the nice hard film, got it decently centered and good to go. Can finally use the fingerprint scanner and it's wonderous.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 10:40 PM   #105
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

So my home button is busted. Left part of the button doesn't register until I press it hard multiple times. Me and my great luck with electronics never ends.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 10:30 AM   #106
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
. I'm not even putting it in my pocket, still carrying it around in the damn box. Hate that I waited until everything was backordered to order that ****.
Ridiculously hilarious.

Phones ringing guys let me get my box out of my bag and take the phone out.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2016, 11:23 AM   #107
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Ridiculously hilarious.

Phones ringing guys let me get my box out of my bag and take the phone out.
I wasn't about to be one of those sad sacks that has it fall out of his pocket when he sits down a day before his accessories get delievered.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 03:45 PM   #108
ice
Rage3D Spammer

This just in: Check that the USB is plugged all the way into the wall charger. I noticed today at work it wouldn't go into quick charge, I unplugged the USB and put it back in and seem to remember seeing the silver plug sticking out before and thinking it was normal. It must have been snug or something since it's new, but I plugged it in all the way and quick charge took off. Will check at home with the power strip.

EDIT: Yep, full speed at home too. God I'm a moron sometimes.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.

Last edited by ice : Mar 14, 2016 at 10:59 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 08:50 AM   #109
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

*sorry, couldn't resist*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:09 AM   #110
Rummy
Radeon R700

Rummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

What keyboards are you guys using? I have been using swiftkey for years.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:45 AM   #111
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
This just in: Check that the USB is plugged all the way into the wall charger. I noticed today at work it wouldn't go into quick charge, I unplugged the USB and put it back in and seem to remember seeing the silver plug sticking out before and thinking it was normal. It must have been snug or something since it's new, but I plugged it in all the way and quick charge took off. Will check at home with the power strip.

EDIT: Yep, full speed at home too. God I'm a moron sometimes.

Glad it's all working now
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:42 PM   #112
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Noticed the VR **** said it consumed 30% battery over the last full charge. Don't know if it's coincidence or not but I disabled that whole service and my phone is sitting at 85% right now, been off the charger for 6 hours.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:52 PM   #113
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Noticed the VR **** said it consumed 30% battery over the last full charge. Don't know if it's coincidence or not but I disabled that whole service and my phone is sitting at 85% right now, been off the charger for 6 hours.
This is the kind of nonsense that will keep me using an iphone. The software side of equation is just so much better on the iphone. Samsung in particular has dreadful software IMO.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2016, 03:04 PM   #114
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Going to get through two full days at work on a single charge with 5hrs of screen time. Not bad.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 04:23 AM   #115
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Just got a replacement unit and let me say... it's almost like a completely different phone. Well worth the trouble if you ask me.

If you are having the following problems I say exchange it for a new one ASAP:

1) If your button is overly clicky and loud, where the left and at random times rightside corners of the button doesn't register most of the time.

2) Edge areas showing a noticeable green tint.

3) Camera taking yellowish shots at less than optimal light.

I can't believe it but the new unit has neither of those problems.

Oh, and make sure to disable quick charging. Seems to hold a better charge and gave me around 10% better battery life.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 07:18 AM   #116
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Just got a replacement unit and let me say... it's almost like a completely different phone. Well worth the trouble if you ask me.

If you are having the following problems I say exchange it for a new one ASAP:

1) If your button is overly clicky and loud, where the left and at random times rightside corners of the button doesn't register most of the time.

2) Edge areas showing a noticeable green tint.

3) Camera taking yellowish shots at less than optimal light.

I can't believe it but the new unit has neither of those problems.

Oh, and make sure to disable quick charging. Seems to hold a better charge and gave me around 10% better battery life.

God damn it, I don't know if I should then. My home button has a slight amount of play in it and is tougher to register on the sides, but nothing else is wrong.

Wish you check the camera sensor before returning, would have been interesting to see if it was the Sony sensor or Samsung. Run AIDA64 now and check to see which one you have.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.

Last edited by ice : Mar 17, 2016 at 07:28 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 08:06 AM   #117
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Quote:
God damn it, I don't know if I should then. My home button has a slight amount of play in it and is tougher to register on the sides, but nothing else is wrong.

Wish you check the camera sensor before returning, would have been interesting to see if it was the Sony sensor or Samsung. Run AIDA64 now and check to see which one you have.
Got the Sony sensor.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 08:27 AM   #118
ice
Rage3D Spammer

That's the one I have, if I remember, the Sony has a little bit of a cooler temp.

I'm reading up on the home button thing and the S6 users as well as Note users reported the same "problem". Though if this is how bad they had it, I could see a return being warranted:

Was yours anywhere near this bad Chuck? I have to hold it up to my eye to see the slight bit of play and the sound I hear if I lightly tap the button is nowhere near as loud as this video. More like a slight click.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 11:38 AM   #119
Rummy
Radeon R700

Rummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

^^ mine clicks too, but not that bad.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 07:16 PM   #120
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Heads-up:

If you get an Edge, and you try to use an Otterbox case AND a screen protector at the same time... get ready for a frustrating time trying to get the phone in there without buggering up the screen protector. It's pretty much and either/or situation, unless you trim either the scree protector down to not touch the case, or trim the case down to not touch the screen protector...
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote