Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Feb 26, 2016, 02:12 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge

Anyone getting? I pre-ordered the S7 Edge. Just played around with it at Best Buy today, the camera is as close to instant as I've ever seen in a phone. I like the edge look thing too, makes one handed use much easier. Can't wait for March 11. If I get a Gear S2 with it I may just wind up selling it since I don't really see myself using that.

Here is the best info on the camera I've seen:

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...eview-1400.php

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2016, 02:29 PM   #2
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

My boss LOVES his S6 Edge, said it was worth it just for scrolling alone.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2016, 02:44 PM   #3
Myth
Rage3D Veteran

Myth is still being judged by the masses

Im thinking of upgrading from Galaxy S5 to the S7 Edge but part of me wants to wait to see what the Note 6 offers later this year especially being that this would be my first "phablet" phone so figure might as well wait for the note but the S7 edge seems to be getting great reviews all around.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 26, 2016, 03:24 PM   #4
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth View Post
Im thinking of upgrading from Galaxy S5 to the S7 Edge but part of me wants to wait to see what the Note 6 offers later this year especially being that this would be my first "phablet" phone so figure might as well wait for the note but the S7 edge seems to be getting great reviews all around.
I'll also be upgrading from an S5. I wanted a bigger screen but for some reason never though about the Note 6. I wish more details were known so I knew if I should wait or go for the S7 Edge now. The release date of the Note 6 would be more in line with my natural upgrade timeline.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 04:56 PM   #5
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

I want a Note 6, S-Pen on the Note 5 was good and I want a slightly bigger screen. Have the S7 Edge preordered too, will tide me over til Note 6 announcement this summer. Then I can decide to keep the S7E or sell it for something better.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2016, 05:08 PM   #6
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Just got Note 5 otherwise I probably would have. That said, much love for Note 5.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 05:16 PM   #7
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Preordered the S7 Edge already

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Old Feb 26, 2016, 05:32 PM   #8
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I find it funny that the things that made me buy an S5 (waterproof, expandable storage) over an S6 are miraculously back on the S7.

I feel like Samsung jumped the shark a bit when they basically downgraded to beat Apple at their own game, and... it didn't work. Here is hoping they keep pushing things, either internally or with Android, as stagnation will just kill what these devices are going to be capable of in the future...

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:54 PM   #9
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
I find it funny that the things that made me buy an S5 (waterproof, expandable storage) over an S6 are miraculously back on the S7.

I feel like Samsung jumped the shark a bit when they basically downgraded to beat Apple at their own game, and... it didn't work. Here is hoping they keep pushing things, either internally or with Android, as stagnation will just kill what these devices are going to be capable of in the future...

The S6 has a waterproof version.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:56 PM   #10
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
The S6 has a waterproof version.
Yeah, a totally different line and it's ugly as hell. He means by default the S5 was water and dust proof.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 01:45 AM   #11
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The S7 series look absolutely stunning. Simply the most stylish and sleek phones I've seen (on tech sites and youtube anyway) to date. Will check it out in store and see how it compares to my 6S. Since the iPhone 7 is pretty much guaranteed to be the superior phone (like how the GS7 most probably puts the 6S to shame) I actually kinda hope I wouldn't be as impressed as I think I'd be. I think holding off for the new iPhone should be the better choice?
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2016, 01:53 AM   #12
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
The S7 series look absolutely stunning. Simply the most stylish and sleek phones I've seen (on tech sites and youtube anyway) to date. Will check it out in store and see how it compares to my 6S. Since the iPhone 7 is pretty much guaranteed to be the superior phone (like how the GS7 most probably puts the 6S to shame) I actually kinda hope I wouldn't be as impressed as I think I'd be. I think holding off for the new iPhone should be the better choice?
Why?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 03:32 AM   #13
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMX70 View Post
Why?
As retarded as this is, I confess a lot of assumptions on my part.

Apple have been complacent with their tech since the original iPhone 6. The 6S/6S+ are both great and all, but in comparison to Android flagships that drastically closed the gap (both in build quality and design) last year, they can't afford to be lazy with the iPhone 7 no? With their RND money, I expect there to be cutting-edge technology in the new 2016 iPhone. Only time will tell if I am right but seriously... what if I am? I don't want to throw 300USD down the drain again (our iPhone resale value is much higher than the west mind) just because I can't miss another sharp looking flagship. Guess what I am saying is (as if you don't already get the gist of it)... I am rather conflicted.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 05:56 AM   #14
barleystout
Radeon R700

barleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete stranger

Looking at upgrading to the S7 but can't decide between the edge or not. I usually end up putting my phones in an Otterbox defender case. Would that be prohibitive to the edge features?

BTW, I'll be coming from an S4.
barleystout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2016, 09:53 AM   #15
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

v3rninater is still being judged by the masses

Barley, lemme know what you think, I'm still on my S4 as well. I'm mostly concerned with battery life.
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:28 AM   #16
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
As retarded as this is, I confess a lot of assumptions on my part.

Apple have been complacent with their tech since the original iPhone 6. The 6S/6S+ are both great and all, but in comparison to Android flagships that drastically closed the gap (both in build quality and design) last year, they can't afford to be lazy with the iPhone 7 no? With their RND money, I expect there to be cutting-edge technology in the new 2016 iPhone.
I don't know about cutting edge but it is an even-numbered year, so we're likely due for a major update. I saw a rumor about Apple filing for a completely waterproof design using some kind of self-healing membrane technology. I dunno that we'll see that particular kind of waterproof design on the next iPhone but I expect it to have some kind of waterproofing.

I think one way Apple could step up their game is to introduce a completely wireless phone. So included in the box wireless charging (I guess that's technically one wire to the wall), good quality wireless headphones (maybe something that allows customization of their BEATS crap), and better wireless cloud/data sync.

Either way, we'll find out in March if the web is correct.

Quote:
Only time will tell if I am right but seriously... what if I am? I don't want to throw 300USD down the drain again (our iPhone resale value is much higher than the west mind) just because I can't miss another sharp looking flagship. Guess what I am saying is (as if you don't already get the gist of it)... I am rather conflicted.
Wait a month then.

One thing I forgot about the Edge 7 when I preordered, it's got that freaking bottom headphone jack

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:34 AM   #17
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by barleystout View Post
Looking at upgrading to the S7 but can't decide between the edge or not. I usually end up putting my phones in an Otterbox defender case. Would that be prohibitive to the edge features?
Look at the Otterbox product page for the S6 Edge. Q&A confirms that the edge feature is accessible in the Symmetry case. I'd assume any S7 Edge case would be the same.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:45 AM   #18
barleystout
Radeon R700

barleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Look at the Otterbox product page for the S6 Edge. Q&A confirms that the edge feature is accessible in the Symmetry case. I'd assume any S7 Edge case would be the same.
Yeah. Took a look at the Otterbox site and realized there is no defender option for the Edge...yet? So, I went ahead and pre-ordered the S7. I don't really see myself making use of the edge portion of the phone (I made due without so far).

I do like the idea of the Symmetry + Alpha Glass idea though. I may go that route this time. Saw some stuff on the Moshi and Zagg glass. Those may be some options to consider as well as their compatibility with the Symmetry case.

Kinda curious to see if there will be any difference between the S4 and S7 when used with the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless.
barleystout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2016, 08:39 AM   #19
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Quote:
I don't know about cutting edge but it is an even-numbered year, so we're likely due for a major update. I saw a rumor about Apple filing for a completely waterproof design using some kind of self-healing membrane technology. I dunno that we'll see that particular kind of waterproof design on the next iPhone but I expect it to have some kind of waterproofing.

I think one way Apple could step up their game is to introduce a completely wireless phone. So included in the box wireless charging (I guess that's technically one wire to the wall), good quality wireless headphones (maybe something that allows customization of their BEATS crap), and better wireless cloud/data sync.

Either way, we'll find out in March if the web is correct.
Yup heard the same rumors. Definitely looking forward to the extra water-proofing though I am still iffy about them removing the 3.5mm audio jack. Guess we'd have to wait and see.

BTW don't mean to be a smartass but the March event is intended for the iPad Pro "mini" and iPhone SE (4" model).
Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:41 AM   #20
Zero
Sass hole

Well if you believe that, why not just get an S7E now and sell it off later if you find the iPhone to be superior?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Feb 28, 2016, 07:16 PM   #21
ice
Rage3D Spammer

More photo comparisons. S7 destroys everything.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...s7-vs-t3321247

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 07:39 PM   #22
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

By destroying you mean like slightly better images? Also lets wait until a more reputable reviewer takes pictures with these new phones. Most of them have different focus points.

Also this picture is NOT representative of what the iphone 6s front camera is capable of
Old Feb 28, 2016, 07:46 PM   #23
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
By destroying you mean like slightly better images? Also lets wait until a more reputable reviewer takes pictures with these new phones. Most of them have different focus points.

Also this picture is NOT representative of what the iphone 6s front camera is capable of
"Slightly better" than the highest touted camera's of today may as well mean destroyed in my book. How do you know what the focus point are? If they point the two phones at the same image and press the shutter button, it's no coincidence that the S7 picks the "better" focal points, its focusing is just that much better.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 07:51 PM   #24
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

You mean like intentionally picking up the best shots to show the world at a samsung event?

Camera looks good to be honest all i'm saying is wait for a reputable reviewer like engadget you can't just assume it's miles ahead just by looking at a few shots shown at a samsung event where samsung hates iphone lol.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 07:58 PM   #25
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Samsung isn't taking the pictures, random people attending the events are. Those pictures are from multiple people. I hear what you're saying, but these aren't PR shots put out by Samsung like the picture of the picture in a dark room.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 08:38 PM   #26
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
By destroying you mean like slightly better images?
*Slightly* better?? I'm going with "destroyed"

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Feb 28, 2016, 09:35 PM   #27
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Samsung isn't taking the pictures, random people attending the events are. Those pictures are from multiple people. I hear what you're saying, but these aren't PR shots put out by Samsung like the picture of the picture in a dark room.
My bad I thought it was samsung releasing them.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:41 AM   #28
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Quote:
Well if you believe that, why not just get an S7E now and sell it off later if you find the iPhone to be superior?
Great point there Zero. Will definitely check it out in store before I pull the trigger though. I'm extremely picky when it comes to smartphones.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 08:08 AM   #29
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

I've still got a couple jump on demand upgrades left this year. I might check it out, but the S6 left such a bad taste in my mouth. It was a very laggy experience and the battery life was comical.

The screen, the build, and the camera were all top notch however. I just wish Samsung would get their act together when it came to the software.

Going to wait for the M10 and see if HTC finally puts a decent camera in their phone. I'm probably in the minority here but I really liked the A9 and the version of sense was great.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2016, 08:32 AM   #30
Myth
Rage3D Veteran

Myth is still being judged by the masses

Does anyone know if the s7/s7edge both still have an IR port? I still use my phone as a remote for the tv from time to time and would like to know