Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:00 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
Did I miss it or did they not mention RAM?
They never mention RAM.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:00 PM   #62
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

16gb base again really? wow that was a low blow.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:00 PM   #63
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
Did I miss it or did they not mention RAM?
Not yet. It will be 2GB though, guaranteed. iPad pro is probably 4GB as well.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:01 PM   #64
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran View Post
Not yet. It will be 2GB though, guaranteed. iPad pro is probably 4GB as well.
I highly doubt that. It's okay, you're new to Apple
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:04 PM   #65
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
16gb base again really? wow that was a low blow.
Yeah that's a joke. If it ends up stuck at 1GB of RAM they won't get my money this time around.

I love my 6+ for it's battery life and camera, but the performance leaves a lot to be desired.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:05 PM   #66
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

This better have 2GB of RAM. Waiting for the tear down. Hopefully before the preorders go live. I can't wait to get rid of my 6+. Such a disaster. Battery life great though.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:05 PM   #67
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
This better have 2GB of RAM. Waiting for the tear down. Hopefully before the preorders go live. I can't wait to get rid of my 6+. Such a disaster. Battery life great though.
Wait what? Do tell
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:07 PM   #68
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Wait what? Do tell
It's crash/respring/reload prone. Kind of slow it seems. It tells me it's starved for RAM. It's a shame because I was hoping to make this a 3 year device and save the cash for once. Apple knows what the **** they're doing that's for sure.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:07 PM   #69
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
I can't wait to get rid of my 6+. Such a disaster. Battery life great though.
To go to another iphone

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:08 PM   #70
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Not feeling the need to upgrade my phone at all. Overall modest new features.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:09 PM   #71
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
To go to another iphone
Yes. The 6 was probably the worst phone next to the 5. Nothing will ever best my beloved 4S though. That phone was perfect.

They said the changed everything for the 6S yet no mention of the RAM or resolution. I fear it's the exact same. I don't mind the resolution, but the RAM is in desperate need of upgrading.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:09 PM   #72
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I highly doubt that. It's okay, you're new to Apple
Has nothing to do with margins and everything to do with the performance figures announced today for A9X compared to A8X. Remember that thread I made on A9 3+ weeks ago? Yeah, I kinda know what I'm talking about...
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:10 PM   #73
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
It's crash/respring/reload prone. Kind of slow it seems. It tells me it's starved for RAM. It's a shame because I was hoping to make this a 3 year device and save the cash for once. Apple knows what the **** they're doing that's for sure.
Stockholm syndrome in full effect.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:11 PM   #74
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Has nothing to do with margins and everything to do with the performance figures announced today for A9X compared to A8X. Remember that thread I made on A9 3+ weeks ago? Yeah, I kinda know what I'm talking about...
Then you'd know that Apple is incredibly stingy with how much RAM they put in their mobile devices. Don't hold your breath on 4gb in the Pro.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:14 PM   #75
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

16GB of memory and 4k video. Jesus ****ing Christ Apple. Oh well, I've been on the 64GB train for a while now. I'm going with 128GB this time around (pending RAM upgrade spec).
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:18 PM   #76
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Then you'd know that Apple is incredibly stingy with how much RAM they put in their mobile devices. Don't hold your breath on 4gb in the Pro.
This is an entirely new product line for them, one marketed at professionals. They would be wise to put more memory in it, especially with the apps they demo'd. I am basing my prediction of 4GB RAM based on their admission of double the memory bandwidth of the A8X which was paired with 2GB RAM in the iPad Air 2. With mobile form factors, memory bandwidth and size are inherently joined.

We'll see in a bit.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:21 PM   #77
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
This is an entirely new product line for them, one marketed at professionals. They would be wise to put more memory in it, especially with the apps they demo'd. I am basing my prediction of 4GB RAM based on their admission of double the memory bandwidth of the A8X which was paired with 2GB RAM in the iPad Air 2. With mobile form factors, memory bandwidth and size are inherently joined.

We'll see in a bit.
Apple is going to memory manage the hell out of the OS rather than throw more RAM at it.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:22 PM   #78
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Stockholm syndrome in full effect.
Maybe. But my iPad Air 2 doesn't have any of these issues. Same OS. Damn near same specs. One has double the RAM of the other and runs smooth with no issues.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:30 PM   #79
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The camera is such a me too without the improvements. No OSI still on the standard model...
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:32 PM   #80
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Not looking good for the RAM spec. Gotta wait for the iFixit tear down.

http://www.apple.com/iphone-6s/specs/
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:37 PM   #81
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
iPad pro with smart keyboard, looks like they are finally going after the surface.

lol Apple pencil too
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 02:40 PM   #82
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

As an aside, you have to give it to the marketing for Apple

Any other company comes out and makes claims, expect them to be tested to be verified.

Apple makes claims, repeated verbatim across the entire internet ad nauseum and becomes fact.

It truly is amazing.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 03:00 PM   #83
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

What claim would that be?

Old Sep 9, 2015, 03:01 PM   #84
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Apple products are starting to make other companies look like they are from the future.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 03:01 PM   #85
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:

We'll see in a bit.
Honestly, it wouldn't shock anyone who follows Apple even slightly if they did 1gb on the phone and 2gb on iPad Pro.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 03:02 PM   #86
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
What claim would that be?
I'm guessing the 90% better, console quality GPU.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 03:05 PM   #87
logical
What is my purpose?

I didnt see the whole thing, but anyone who takes Apples numbers to heart shouldnt concern themselves with the numbers.

Old Sep 9, 2015, 03:05 PM   #88
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

Apple didn't call it out so I am sure it didn't change. They are adamant about making a big thing of the smallest changes.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 03:07 PM   #89
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Apple didn't call it out so I am sure it didn't change. They are adamant about making a big thing of the smallest changes.
Dont worry hes still going to get it.

Old Sep 9, 2015, 03:17 PM   #90
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
They don't list the RAM in the iPhone 6 spec page either. Apple almost never mentions RAM because they don't go overboard like some vendors.

http://www.apple.com/iphone-6/specs/

BGR says 2GB and that is *after* today's event:
http://bgr.com/2015/09/09/iphone-6s-...-new-features/