Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:23 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
I don't mind that spec. It's the price for that spec that's absurd. Frankly, they have too many iPad products.
What are you smoking? Where do you see that resolution?
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:23 PM   #32
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Dissapointed about A8 chip in apple tv
But I love the price! that is cheap!

32gb $149
64gb $199

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:24 PM   #33
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
What are you smoking? Where do you see that resolution?
If it was changed you know that Apple would say so, and Engadget would fawn all over it. Don't be obtuse.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:25 PM   #34
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Dissapointed about A8 chip in apple tv
But I love the price! that is cheap!

32gb $149
64gb $199
Cheap compared to what?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:25 PM   #35
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

iPhone time. Credit card ready.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:26 PM   #36
lazyx
Radeon Southern Islands

lazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Amazon Fire TV does everything the new Apple TB does years ago...
lazyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:27 PM   #37
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
If it was changed you know that Apple would say so, and Engadget would fawn all over it. Don't be obtuse.
Ipad mini 2 has a retina display

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...i+2+resolution

2048x1536
A major point of differentiation between the original iPad mini and the iPad mini 2 is the display

Im surrounded by morons here
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:27 PM   #38
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Cheap compared to what?
cheap compared to what it can do and that its apple
There is no other device that will have as much apps and content as apple tv will.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

- True Blood
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:29 PM   #39
Elysian
SCAATSJW

"The same alloy used in the aerospace industry..." Couldn't that be a whole bunch of different alloys?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:29 PM   #40
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Ipad mini 2 has a retina display

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...i+2+resolution

2048x1536
A major point of differentiation between the original iPad mini and the iPad mini 2 is the display

Im surrounded by morons here
Maybe it was that it still had the iPad 2 or something processor There was something awful about the iPad Mini 2, _tits bemoaned it at the time.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:30 PM   #41
Omega53
Rage veteran

Quote:
Maybe it was that it still had the iPad 2 or something processor There was something awful about the iPad Mini 2, _tits bemoaned it at the time.
They said the mini 4 would have the same proc as the air 2... Meaning a8x
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:30 PM   #42
badboy
Merc with a mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyx View Post
Amazon Fire TV does everything the new Apple TB does years ago...
so does many others. Are they sucessfull in content? are they sucessful in that everyone in the worlds wants to make apps for them? NOPE
And there is where apple thrives and where it will always win

Its like comparing mac and windows when you want to play games. No one stupid enough would buy a mac to play games

- True Blood
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:33 PM   #43
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
cheap compared to what it can do and that its apple
There is no other device that will have as much apps and content as apple tv will.
Except maybe the Roku, which has completely destroyed Apple TV in terms of content for years. And has apps. And has always had apps.

And maybe the Amazon FireTV. Which has tonns of content. And apps.

This is apple playing catch up, and still managing to charge no less than double their competitors.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:34 PM   #44
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
They said the mini 4 would have the same proc as the air 2... Meaning a8x
I was referring to the Mini 2, hence the "at the time." I clearly thought the Mini 2's issue was it still had the 1024x768 screen.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:35 PM   #45
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
so does many others. Are they sucessfull in content? are they sucessful in that everyone in the worlds wants to make apps for them? NOPE

Its like comparing mac and windows when you want to play games. No one stupid enough would buy a mac to play games
I can run any Android app on my Fire Stick out of the box. I don't care about how successful it is in the world, I don't have limitations.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:37 PM   #46
lazyx
Radeon Southern Islands

lazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Fire TV uses Android (APK), so you can side load anything that isn't on the amazon store and amazon has a huge library of content when it comes to movies\tv shows\music.

Amazon fire tv have been very successful for amazon.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:39 PM   #47
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Fire TV uses Android (APK), so you can side load anything that isn't on the amazon store and amazon has a huge library of content when it comes to movies\tv shows.

Though I'm not sure how it's done outside of the US (i.e. Sweden where badboy is).
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:40 PM   #48
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Apple proving once again why it's an iOS App first world. Whatever they gotta do to take limited resources and time away from Android development, they are going to do it.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:40 PM   #49
badboy
Merc with a mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
Except maybe the Roku, which has completely destroyed Apple TV in terms of content for years. And has apps. And has always had apps.

And maybe the Amazon FireTV. Which has tonns of content. And apps.

This is apple playing catch up, and still managing to charge no less than double their competitors.
you are really comparing Firetv and roku hardware specs to the new apple tv and saying they are the same?
They charge more because it has better specs

Apple TV will laugh at roku and firetv app content very fast

- True Blood
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:41 PM   #50
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Fire TV uses Android (APK), so you can side load anything that isn't on the amazon store and amazon has a huge library of content when it comes to movies\tv shows\music.

Dat Fire Phone tho.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:45 PM   #51
lazyx
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Dat Fire Phone tho.
Talking about apple tv vs fire tv.......
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:46 PM   #52
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
you are really comparing Firetv and roku hardware specs to the new apple tv and saying they are the same?
They charge more because it has better specs

Apple TV will laugh at roku and firetv app content very fast
Roku won't compete specs wise, but the Fire TV absolutely can.
Apple is playing catch up, it's years behind it's competitors on this front. I'm not saying this is a bad entry, it's actually quite a solid entry, but it needed to be because they are several years behind their competitors here.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:51 PM   #53
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Apple is playing catch up, it's years behind it's competitors on this front. I'm not saying this is a bad entry, it's actually quite a solid entry, but it needed to be because they are several years behind their competitors here.
The A8 is old enough that the Fire TV is definitely competitive, as are a number of other Android powered devices. They pretty much just upgraded the Apple TV as little as possible, yet still doubled the price.

Oh boy, 4k video from the iPhone... Welcome to two years ago...
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:51 PM   #54
lazyx
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
Exactly, fire tv is almost 2 years old. The new apple tv doesn't even do 4k. Rumors the Roku 4 will do 4k.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:52 PM   #55
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

A9 chip specs (and resultant performance) predicted by me 3+ weeks ago based on a simple picture of the chip: http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34023647

65% more transistors yielding up to twice the GPU performance and somewhere in the neighborhood of 60% more CPU performance (more, depending on clocks).

How did that turn out? 70% faster CPU and 90% faster GPU revealed today.

BOOM.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:52 PM   #56
Elysian
SCAATSJW

"Retina flash"
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:53 PM   #57
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
The A8 is old enough that the Fire TV is definitely competitive, as are a number of other Android powered devices. They pretty much just upgraded the Apple TV as little as possible, yet still doubled the price.

Oh boy, 4k video from the iPhone... Welcome to two years ago...
And no 4k is a deal breaker. Yet the iPhone 6S has 4k. Jesus Apple.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:54 PM   #58
dreamwalker
valar morghulis

dreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete stranger

So this entire pressing the screen down thing sounds cool from a brief read of Verge?
dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:56 PM   #59
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

All this new camera and 4k i hope they don't offer 16gb base anymore.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:57 PM   #60
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Did I miss it or did they not mention RAM?
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote