Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Aug 26, 2015, 09:22 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
That android system is still way too high. With root you will be able to disable more. Do you use s health? If not disable it.
Already disabled it. Disabled most S features not related to the S Pen.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2015, 09:25 AM   #152
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Already disabled it. Disabled most S features not related to the S Pen.
I think your battery life will have to be a compromise.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2015, 09:25 AM   #153
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

You are barely using your handset... 17h with 6% usage is almost all idle.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 26, 2015, 01:36 PM   #154
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Battery A LOT better today. Half way through the day with 75% remaining, says I have an estimated 8 hours~ left. Top 2 items are Screen and Android OS.

Yesterday I was at about 50% charge at this exact time.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 03:08 PM   #155
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Old Aug 26, 2015, 03:27 PM   #156
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

It seems a little better today, but my usage is even lower too
Old Aug 26, 2015, 03:30 PM   #157
Ryan45
Radeon Northern Islands

Ryan45 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
It seems a little better today, but my usage is even lower too
Make sure you disable google play music, it killed battery life on my S3 and I disabled it right away on my note 5. That app is a battery drain.
Ryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2015, 03:31 PM   #158
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Note 5 memory management makes it slower than iPhone 6 in certain cases.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2015, 03:33 PM   #159
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan45 View Post
Make sure you disable google play music, it killed battery life on my S3 and I disabled it right away on my note 5. That app is a battery drain.
Uh that's my music service.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 04:24 PM   #160
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Uh that's my music service.
Yeah mine too...
Old Aug 26, 2015, 05:19 PM   #161
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Better, not great. 1hr 20min screen time
Old Aug 26, 2015, 05:24 PM   #162
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Thats worse than my Nexus 5. I would be annoyed.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:32 PM   #163
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Ended the day at 11% with 17hrs off the charger and only 2hr 22 minutes screen on time... On days where I really use my phone that's just not going to do.

I'm also realizing more and more just how gimmicky wireless charging is. It's not any more convenient and in many ways it's less so, like when my phone accidentally gets bumped and stops charging. It also means I can't charge and use my device in bed while I prepare to sleep. I'm only going to use my wireless charger at work from now on, where it is less important but will give me a bit of a bump. Basically all my previous thoughts on wireless charging have been confirmed. The biggest problem with wireless charging is it's not truly untethered charging, you're still stuck in one spot. When wireless charging means my device can charge in my pocket or in my hand then it's no longer a gimmick. Until then...
Old Aug 27, 2015, 07:33 AM   #164
Elysian
SCAATSJW

They got root on the Note 5 last night. Trips the KNOX counter though.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 08:25 AM   #165
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Ended the day at 11% with 17hrs off the charger and only 2hr 22 minutes screen on time... On days where I really use my phone that's just not going to do.

I'm also realizing more and more just how gimmicky wireless charging is. It's not any more convenient and in many ways it's less so, like when my phone accidentally gets bumped and stops charging. It also means I can't charge and use my device in bed while I prepare to sleep. I'm only going to use my wireless charger at work from now on, where it is less important but will give me a bit of a bump. Basically all my previous thoughts on wireless charging have been confirmed. The biggest problem with wireless charging is it's not truly untethered charging, you're still stuck in one spot. When wireless charging means my device can charge in my pocket or in my hand then it's no longer a gimmick. Until then...
Yep. It's kind of pointless and frankly useless. If I can still got to go to the plug and have my phone in one place, what are we really accomplishing?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 08:39 AM   #166
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Yep. It's kind of pointless and frankly useless. If I can still got to go to the plug and have my phone in one place, what are we really accomplishing?
I got a wireless charger/speaker at my office and wireless chargers in a lot of places. It's more of a convenience.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2015, 08:57 AM   #167
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
I got a wireless charger/speaker at my office and wireless chargers in a lot of places. It's more of a convenience.
In the office it makes sense, I pick my phone up and put it down a lot, it makes a lot of sense to put it in one place.

Where it doesn't make sense is when you want to use your phone while it's charging.

And I don't think my Samsung QI charger would work very well in the car either.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 04:30 PM   #168
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I got accepted into Samsung Pay but none of my cards work
Old Sep 14, 2015, 10:24 AM   #169
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Just found out this morning that Canada is only getting the 32GB version of the Note 5.

Been trying to decide if I really need more than that. Currently I have a 32GB Note 3 with a 64GB microSD. The microSD is filled with mp3's that I don't listen to.

Is 32GB enough R3D?
Old Sep 14, 2015, 10:27 AM   #170
Elysian
SCAATSJW

It's been more than enough for me, but YMMV. I don't put music on my phone, I stream for music and podcasts.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 10:32 AM   #171
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
It's been more than enough for me, but YMMV. I don't put music on my phone, I stream for music and podcasts.
Agreed, exactly what I do.

No need for movies or mp3's -- I guess my only worry is photos and apps, and managed correctly I should be fine?
Old Sep 14, 2015, 10:33 AM   #172
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
Agreed, exactly what I do.

No need for movies or mp3's -- I guess my only worry is photos and apps, and managed correctly I should be fine?
You'll have around 20gb free space stock, if not more. I'm doing just fine with that personally. I've got everything I need installed and a bunch of pictures and still have 17gb free.

Also, the Note 5 supports USB storage, so you can use that if need be.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

One of these would be great.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 11:01 AM   #173
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Quote:
You'll have around 20gb free space stock, if not more. I'm doing just fine with that personally. I've got everything I need installed and a bunch of pictures and still have 17gb free.

You sold me

Old Sep 14, 2015, 11:24 AM   #174
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

Yeah, 32gb here. No issues. Although I stream mostly everything. I have maybe 15-20 albums of music downloaded for when I don't have service. I also use Plex and sync 5-10 episodes of TV shows at a time. Currently have 6 episodes of Vikings and still have 10gb of storage left...

With all of the cloud storage availability these days, 32gb should be more than enough for anyone willing to get with the times.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 02:52 PM   #175
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:

SOLD! That things is awesome.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2015, 02:57 AM   #176
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Spyhawk is still being judged by the masses

crap!....just lost an hours worth of a review I was typing on the Note 5 after miss hitting a key or a button on my mouse...DANG it !

Anyways the phone is absolutely the best phone Samsung has ever made and the best one I've ever owned. NO LAG whatsoever!

Just don't drop it ! Much more fragile than the earlier plastic phones. The magnesium frame will scuff and dent very easily from just a 2 foot drop. Also the gorrilla glass on these things don't seem to be any tougher than earlier phones such as the galaxy S2 or the Note 3. My Note 5 just rubbed up against a plastic debit card holder in my back pocket and it lightly scratched the screen! So I STRONGLY suggest that anybody purchasing this phone should also immediately buy a case and screen protector. Don't do like me and wait for cheaper options LOL

Last edited by Spyhawk : Sep 15, 2015 at 03:09 AM.
Spyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2015, 06:50 AM   #177
Elysian
SCAATSJW

My phone has been bumbling around in my pocket since day 1 without a screen protector, no issues.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 07:40 AM   #178
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyhawk View Post
crap!....just lost an hours worth of a review I was typing on the Note 5 after miss hitting a key or a button on my mouse...DANG it !

Anyways the phone is absolutely the best phone Samsung has ever made and the best one I've ever owned. NO LAG whatsoever!

Just don't drop it ! Much more fragile than the earlier plastic phones. The magnesium frame will scuff and dent very easily from just a 2 foot drop. Also the gorrilla glass on these things don't seem to be any tougher than earlier phones such as the galaxy S2 or the Note 3. My Note 5 just rubbed up against a plastic debit card holder in my back pocket and it lightly scratched the screen! So I STRONGLY suggest that anybody purchasing this phone should also immediately buy a case and screen protector. Don't do like me and wait for cheaper options LOL
It's a shame one has to put such a beautiful thing in a case.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 08:02 AM   #179
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Oh, I reached out to my credit union yesterday via their Facebook (Navy Federal) since they were the first CU to support Android Pay, and they let me know they're actively working with Samsung to get Samsung Pay
Old Sep 15, 2015, 08:24 AM   #180
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o05_s00

That's acutally better as it reads sd card and also can connect directly to a pc with your smartphone.

However, with these things you gotta be careful about the opennings on your cases. The adapter I posted worked fine for my s6 edge in spigen cases but not with my note 5 had some clearance issues.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote