Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Aug 20, 2015, 01:52 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
What happened to the need for front facing speakers and water resistance?
The larger screen and S-Pen
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2015, 01:53 PM   #62
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Still love my Z3, it's still a fantastic phone.
Keep it as a backup. Or just be a baller with 2 phones...
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2015, 02:04 PM   #63
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Keep it as a backup. Or just be a baller with 2 phones...
I'd rather not have two phone payments again Was paying for my Z1s for months after it was stolen, didn't get the insurance claim in in time
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 20, 2015, 02:25 PM   #64
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
I'd rather not have two phone payments again Was paying for my Z1s for months after it was stolen, didn't get the insurance claim in in time
You're too lazy man.

By backup I mean swapping your sim cards, not paying for two.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 02:45 PM   #65
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
You're too lazy man.

By backup I mean swapping your sim cards, not paying for two.
I would still have to pay for the Z3, $25/mo I don't want to pay.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 03:03 PM   #66
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I would still have to pay for the Z3, $25/mo I don't want to pay.
It's (Note 5) is a beautiful phone man. ****ing beautiful. I would have to keep it in a case due the slickness of the phone, which is a shame you'd have to hide all that gorgeousness.

I'm waiting on the 6S+ reveal next month. Don't know why. I already know what it's going to look like and we know iOS9 is a stability/bug fix release. It's a shame that Apple, the king of mobile phone cameras supposedly, makes such a crappy front facing camera. I'm hope for 2GB's of RAM, 5MP front camera, 12MP rear camera. If not, I'll have to consider the Note 5. But I may be too balls deep in Apple's vag to pull out now.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 04:04 PM   #67
Elysian
SCAATSJW

http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-gal...-for-november/

A waterproof Active version might be coming in November. If it does then I'll trade my future Note 5 in for that

Unless it's an AT&T exclusive
Old Aug 20, 2015, 06:34 PM   #68
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Waterproof phones tend to be ugly. At least from Samsung.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 07:51 PM   #69
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Waterproof phones tend to be ugly. At least from Samsung.
Sony does them right
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:06 PM   #70
Elysian
SCAATSJW

http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/21/s...te-test-drive/

30 day free trial is coming up for the new Note or 6+ for iPhone users.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:52 AM   #71
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I wish this ****ing phone was in Europe

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:09 AM   #72
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Just picked mine up, damn is it a nice phone. Got the wireless charger too.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:24 AM   #73
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Best buy was giving them away for free with purchase of the phone, and a $200 gift card.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:39 AM   #74
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Best buy was giving them away for free with purchase of the phone, and a $200 gift card.
Wish you said something sooner

Do they do T-Mobile's JUMP?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:01 PM   #75
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Seriously considering this thing... Only wish T-Mobile had it in gold. Will probably go with black.

My first phablet. Anything I should know? I've asked 4 people "S6 or Note 5" and all have said something similar to "Get the Note, after a couple days you will wonder why you were using a smaller phone".
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:05 PM   #76
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Eager to hear your impressions.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:13 PM   #77
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I don't know how I've lived without multiwindow for so long. Wow.

Also already in love with the S Pen, it's fantastic. Stock headphones sound pretty great too.

edit: Fingerprint scanner works really well. I have a few different fingers set up, and even one finger twice in a different orientation, it works incredibly well.

Last edited by Elysian : Aug 21, 2015 at 12:31 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 01:17 PM   #78
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Samsung has announced new phones. In case you have not heard, here's an ad in your notification shade. It looks like this has happened to at least a few people thanks to the Samsung Push Service. In a separate incident, I myself have been served an ad by the bundled Peel remote app. Is nothing sacred anymore, Samsung?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/08...to-some-users/
Old Aug 21, 2015, 01:49 PM   #79
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Samsung has announced new phones. In case you have not heard, here's an ad in your notification shade. It looks like this has happened to at least a few people thanks to the Samsung Push Service. In a separate incident, I myself have been served an ad by the bundled Peel remote app. Is nothing sacred anymore, Samsung?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/08...to-some-users/
And? Disable it? Galaxy Apps --> Settings --> Push Notifications --> Disable.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 04:42 PM   #80
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Spyhawk is still being judged by the masses

Picked up mine today ! Loving it so far. Truly a beautifull phone ❤
Spyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2015, 04:54 PM   #81
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

Order placed. Will be here Monday.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 04:55 PM   #82
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I do miss the dual stereo speakers. The volume on this is good but the quality is tinny. The Z3 had much better range with the dual speakers.

Edit: I also miss the soft buttons, not a huge fan if the physical home button, especially when on the wireless charger.

Last edited by Elysian : Aug 21, 2015 at 07:57 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 08:07 PM   #83
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Multiwindow is just so damned cool. So is writing this post with the stylus. I love this phone.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 08:48 PM   #84
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMX70 View Post
Seriously considering this thing... Only wish T-Mobile had it in gold. Will probably go with black.

My first phablet. Anything I should know? I've asked 4 people "S6 or Note 5" and all have said something similar to "Get the Note, after a couple days you will wonder why you were using a smaller phone".
If you're going with a big phone, just get a big one.

I'm not a big phone talker person. I text and junk mostly. So holding a giant notebook thing to my head isn't a big deal, especially when its mostly with a bluetooth headset.

That being said. I wish I could afford the Samsung Mega if they made a new one. :/ (also give it a giant ass ****ing battery)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2015, 09:30 PM   #85
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I'm still worried about the battery life sucking a year and a half from now. I'll wait for the Note 6, my S5 is still plenty fast.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:15 PM   #86
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Wish you said something sooner

Do they do T-Mobile's JUMP?
Not sure, I know they do Sprints Easy-Pay and One-Up program. So probably? Really don't know TBH.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2015, 09:18 AM   #87
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Alright, some things I miss...

I wish my music would start up when I connect my Bluetooth head unit.

I wish I could knock on the screen to wake it...

I wish I could disable default apps like the Gallery and Music, I find their notifications annoying and even the notifications can't be disabled...

Same things I love:

I love that I can pull the pen out with the screen off and draw In the screen w/ out waking the phone...

This is easily the fastest phone I have owned, there is never a hiccup.

I wrote this whole post with the S Pen in handwriting mode.

Last edited by Elysian : Aug 22, 2015 at 09:30 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 11:12 AM   #88
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

What do you guys use for ad blocking in chrome? It's pop ups galore.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 11:34 AM   #89
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Alright, some things I miss...

I wish my music would start up when I connect my Bluetooth head unit.

I wish I could knock on the screen to wake it...

I wish I could disable default apps like the Gallery and Music, I find their notifications annoying and even the notifications can't be disabled...

Same things I love:

I love that I can pull the pen out with the screen off and draw In the screen w/ out waking the phone...

This is easily the fastest phone I have owned, there is never a hiccup.

I wrote this whole post with the S Pen in handwriting mode.
Yes, we can tell

Which music app are you using? Some of them have a setting (example, Pandora) where soon as it connects to your vehicle, the app fires up. That's how mine is setup
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2015, 02:15 PM   #90
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I think this phone will flop like current s6. Sales are really bad for regular s6's and note 5 is same phone with bigger screen + spen.