Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Aug 16, 2015, 03:38 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Correction... 3000mah battery.

I still love that everyone complains about SD Card and Battery but ignores that they also removed the IR Blaster...
Because pretty much no one uses the IR blaster functionality?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2015, 04:35 PM   #32
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Because pretty much no one uses the IR blaster functionality?
Actually a lot do, hell I use mine regularly for work (to control a projector).
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:23 PM   #33
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I've had phones and tablets with the IR blaster, and never really used it. My Fire Stick has an app, so does Roku. Those are the only things I need to control.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:57 PM   #34
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Reviews are saying that the battery life in the 5 is better than the 4 by ~30 mins with a faster charge. (http://www.phonearena.com/news/Galax...attery_id72735)

Sure the lack of removable battery and MicroSD sucks but isn't a deal breaker for me. IR Blaster? come on, who cares.

Going to wait a week and see how other reviews shake out and I will be upgrading my Note 3.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 01:33 PM   #35
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

3000 mAh battery? What happened to the rumored 5000 mAh battery?!?!
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2015, 01:34 PM   #36
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
3000 mAh battery? What happened to the rumored 5000 mAh battery?!?!
I bolded the answer.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 02:06 PM   #37
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Actually a lot do, hell I use mine regularly for work (to control a projector).
Got some data to back that up?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Aug 17, 2015, 02:34 PM   #38
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Will get the Note 4 when it becomes super cheap. Cannot stand the way Samsung is becoming Apple
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2015, 02:39 PM   #39
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Becoming Apple because you can't take out the battery and plop in a microSD?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 03:06 PM   #40
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Came today. Will provide feedback

Can't say much thus far but so far but no lag much like my s6 and battery is not dropping any faster than note 4 was. Then again, won't have an idea till 2-3 days later.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2015, 03:11 PM   #41
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Having no replaceable battery is still total hogshit. I've had my S5 for about a year and a half and replaced the battery already because I could tell it wasn't holding a charge as long.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2015, 03:11 PM   #42
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post

Came today. Will provide feedback
Old Aug 17, 2015, 03:22 PM   #43
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

New spen system feels really good btw. Although it seems to be an extra step process now to pop the cap first.

Old Aug 18, 2015, 08:41 AM   #44
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
Becoming Apple because you can't take out the battery and plop in a microSD?
Removing useful features and charging more for the phones...also with retarded apple-like pricing structures for the different capacities.

PASS
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2015, 08:43 AM   #45
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTMouse View Post
Removing useful features and charging more for the phones...also with retarded apple-like pricing structures for the different capacities.

PASS
Upgraded in every other way, but they definitely shouldn't charge more amirite?

Their price isn't out of line with any other manufacturer.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 01:44 PM   #46
Zero
Sass hole

Deciding whether or not to pull the trigger on this or the Note 4 today. Despite the smaller battery capacity, early tests seem to show the Note 5 lasting longer than the Note 4. So the only major loss for me would be no expandable storage (cloud streaming media is not an option).

If you were in a market for a new phablet, would you buy the Note 5, Note 4, or wait for something else this year?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Aug 18, 2015, 02:01 PM   #47
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I owe $300 on my existing Note 3 and I can dump it (T-Mobile's upgrade program) and get the new Note 5. Is it worth it?
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2015, 03:12 PM   #48
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Deciding whether or not to pull the trigger on this or the Note 4 today. Despite the smaller battery capacity, early tests seem to show the Note 5 lasting longer than the Note 4. So the only major loss for me would be no expandable storage (cloud streaming media is not an option).

If you were in a market for a new phablet, would you buy the Note 5, Note 4, or wait for something else this year?
I'm so close to actually pulling the trigger on the Note 5 it's not even funny. Get the 64gb if you must, but I'd go with the 5.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 03:12 PM   #49
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
I owe $300 on my existing Note 3 and I can dump it (T-Mobile's upgrade program) and get the new Note 5. Is it worth it?
The Note 5 would be an significant upgrade over the 3.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 03:40 PM   #50
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

So having been around 30hrs with the phone.

It's very snappy much like the s6 and edge. However, it won't hickup like the s6 does due to the extra 1gb. S6 memory management is garbage. Camera no complaints here same cam as the s6 does very well. I have a 64gb which is enough for me.

Touchwiz has been toned down alot, not all that in your face note features like before. Now onto BATTERY. So battery wise it's not worse than the note 4 thru the day it's pretty much holding up the same way my note 4 did. I've owned every note from the first one. If your a note 3 user this is a no brainer, it's a huge upgrade. Speed, camera, polish, in hand feel, smoothness etc...

If your a note 4 owner, then I would say just hang on till next year. You will get a better camera and in hand feel rawdog but that's about it. If you case your phone then it's kinda pointless to mention that. This feels like a premium device for once, the note 4 was close but still felt somewhat cheapish with the back and rather sharpish edges. This feels very unified and build quality is superb. Makes iphones feel like cheap garbage tbh.

Old Aug 18, 2015, 04:38 PM   #51
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Actually, the Note 4, 5, and the S6 all share the same Sony IMX240 camera sensor. The Note 4 currently uses the older processing software so it is slightly behind in IQ, but is identical in RAW. The Note5 and S6 also have a very small 1/3 stop light advantage with a f/1.9 lens.

But yea, current owners should wait. I actually bought my Note 4 just a couple of months ago knowing the Note 5 would be out soon. Maybe next year LG will produce a proper high end stylo instead of the crap it puts out now.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2015, 01:27 PM   #52
Elysian
SCAATSJW

DisplayMate says the Note 5 has the best smartphone screen ever tested:

http://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-note...s-displaymate/
Old Aug 19, 2015, 02:20 PM   #53
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

I am on wait list for Note 5.

Haters can hate.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:28 AM   #54
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Spyhawk is still being judged by the masses

Power Supply

Yep same here. Just bit dissapointed that Bell up here in Montreal only has the black 32 gb version so far.
Spyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:30 AM   #55
Elysian
SCAATSJW

My local T-Mobile has a display unit, so I'm going to go at lunch to check out the Note 5.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:39 AM   #56
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
My local T-Mobile has a display unit, so I'm going to go at lunch to check out the Note 5.
It's a beauty. Might be the brightness turned all the way up, but damn it's beautiful. And slippery.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:52 AM   #57
Elysian
SCAATSJW

They didn't have the display model set up yet, but they pulled one out of the back for me and let me try it out. Fantastic feeling phone, everything about it was nice. I love the way the pen clicks in and out, also love that it vibrates when you pull the pen out and brings up the air commands interface. I think I'm going to get one tomorrow morning, I'm super impressed with it.

edit: More impressions... I compared the new pen to the Note 4 pen, the new one feels much nicer, more premium. Touchwiz didn't feel super imposing from my limited time with it, and the phone was fast as hell.

Last edited by Elysian : Aug 20, 2015 at 12:31 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:32 PM   #58
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
They didn't have the display model set up yet, but they pulled one out of the back for me and let me try it out. Fantastic feeling phone, everything about it was nice. I love the way the pen clicks in and out, also love that it vibrates when you pull the pen out and brings up the air commands interface. I think I'm going to get one tomorrow morning, I'm super impressed with it.

edit: More impressions... I compared the new pen to the Note 4 pen, the new one feels much nicer, more premium. Touchwiz didn't feel super imposing from my limited time with it, and the phone was fast as hell.
...no more Experia love for Big E?
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2015, 01:40 PM   #59
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
...no more Experia love for Big E?
Still love my Z3, it's still a fantastic phone.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 01:51 PM   #60
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:

What happened to the need for front facing speakers and water resistance?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote