Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:02 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Paypal is the devil.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:03 PM   #32
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

ITT: Razeus and all Apple users late to the convenience of new features, as per usual.

I love NFC payments too, use that feature several times a week, and have for well over a year. Why do you constantly let a company hold you back?
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:06 PM   #33
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!. MUAHAHAHAH.

Faster to pull out my card and swipe though.

I've had an AMEX card that's been doing this for years and it didn't need to capture any part of my body or input a code to do it.

Like Curio said, look forward to when you can change the channel....
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:07 PM   #34
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
I meant IR, but you knew that already
you mean that antiquated wireless technology tv makers only still use because they're cheap as ****?

I remember back when they had IR wireless NES and SNES remotes, oh man were those things garbage.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:08 PM   #35
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
you mean that antiquated wireless technology tv makers only still use because they're cheap as ****?
Until Apple does it. Then it will be awesome.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:09 PM   #36
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
sooner or latter the banks will pass this sh*t on to the merchants in higher fees
and merchants like me will pass it on to the customer in higher prices or a fee for using it
Sometimes I get a customer who comes in thinking he's going to pay for a car or put a huge down payment on his credit card so he can earn "points" that come out of my pocket, his tone changes when I tell him that anything over $1000 is subject to a 4% charge. I am not giving you free points, friend.
It's completely legal in ohio to do so now too
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:12 PM   #37
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
I don't think they ever will honestly, IR is slow and laggy, there's about a billion different codes and protocols for different device makers and it doesn't really lend itself to a intuitive experience. I used the IR remote on my note3 like maybe 5 times as a joke because it was more hassle than it was worth.

Everything is wifi now and I would expect to see apple jump into the home automation game before ever even considering putting an IR LED in their devices. (which is all it really takes anyway lol)
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:12 PM   #38
Canesfan2020
Radeon Northern Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Yeah, The iPhone 6 commercials are hilarious. Look how awesome this phone is! The camera has image stabilization!
Canesfan2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:14 PM   #39
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
I don't think they ever will honestly, IR is slow and laggy, there's about a billion different codes and protocols for different device makers and it doesn't really lend itself to a intuitive experience. I used the IR remote on my note3 like maybe 5 times as a joke because it was more hassle than it was worth.

Everything is wifi now and I would expect to see apple jump into the home automation game before ever even considering putting an IR LED in their devices. (which is all it really takes anyway lol)
I don't disagree, IR is lame. But that's not exactly the point I'm making here lol
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:14 PM   #40
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Sometimes I get a customer who comes in thinking he's going to pay for a car or put a huge down payment on his credit card so he can earn "points" that come out of my pocket, his tone changes when I tell him that anything over $1000 is subject to a 4% charge. I am not giving you free points, friend.
same here but I start a 300 bucks and only costs me 2.5% so that is what they have to pay
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:26 PM   #41
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
I don't disagree, IR is lame. But that's not exactly the point I'm making here lol
Your point would make more sense if what you were arguing it with was better.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:27 PM   #42
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
same here but I start a 300 bucks and only costs me 2.5% so that is what they have to pay
yeah it only costs us 2.5-2.75% too, 4% is even more disincentive. Give me a check buddy.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:30 PM   #43
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Nissan and Cadillac let my dad put over $3,000 a pop on his bank card. It's linked to his checking account put they processed it as credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canesfan2020 View Post
Yeah, The iPhone 6 commercials are hilarious. Look how awesome this phone is! The camera has image stabilization!
I saw that **** too and laughed.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:33 PM   #44
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Your point would make more sense if what you were arguing it with was better.
You mean like having and using NFC many years before Apple made it awesome? Because that was my original statement. lol you fanboys crack me up

Last edited by curio : Oct 21, 2014 at 04:39 PM.
curio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:35 PM   #45
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
You mean like having and using NFC many years before Apple made it awesome? Because that was my original statement. lol you fanboys crack me up
How was I supposed to use NFC on my note? I couldn't find anything that would store my credit cards. I think you could link it up with google checkouts or something but I got stuck somewhere and didn't care much to continue.

Took me all of 5 seconds to get my card into my iphone though.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:36 PM   #46
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
. Why do you constantly let a company hold you back?
But apple invented all this man!!! They are LEADERS!!!!

Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:40 PM   #47
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
How was I supposed to use NFC on my note? I couldn't find anything that would store my credit cards. I think you could link it up with google checkouts or something but I got stuck somewhere and didn't care much to continue.

Good for you, what do you want a medal or something? Yeah your iPhone rocks and everything else sucks. Got it.

lol this is exactly why I love that there is a separate phone forum. Delusional fanboyism is so pathetic.... you'll defend it all to the end; for what, a company? ahaha
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:41 PM   #48
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
Nissan and Cadillac let my dad put over $3,000 a pop on his bank card. It's linked to his checking account put they processed it as credit.
If it's not a points card then the merchant services fees are less, but anything with points is 2.5-3% and amex used to be like 4% which is why many small retailers don't accept them. They should really look at their merchant service provider though because we switched ours up and amex costs about the same as visa or mastercard now.

It's up to the retailer to decide any of this, some places won't charge anything or have no limit or whatever but we can't afford to give people extra deals so they can get some points.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:43 PM   #49
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Since Apple Pay isn't specific to mobile, was going to leave it be. But since this has turned into a show me yours contest, over to smartphone forum it goes.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:43 PM   #50
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Good for you, what do you want a medal or something? Yeah your iPhone rocks and everything else sucks. Got it.

lol this is exactly why I love that there is a separate phone forum. Delusional fanboyism is so pathetic.... you'll defend it all to the end; for what, a company? ahaha
Apple, Porsche, and VW. It's like air and water, really. You just NEED them.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:52 PM   #51
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Quote:
If it's not a points card then the merchant services fees are less, but anything with points is 2.5-3% and amex used to be like 4% which is why many small retailers don't accept them. They should really look at their merchant service provider though because we switched ours up and amex costs about the same as visa or mastercard now.

It's up to the retailer to decide any of this, some places won't charge anything or have no limit or whatever but we can't afford to give people extra deals so they can get some points.
It wasn't a points card. Didn't know fees were different depending on if it was a rewards card or not.

To be honest I'm not surprised the Cadillac dealer let him since that group owns all the car dealers in that particular town except the Dodge and Ford dealer. The Nissan dealer I was surprised at, but I guess it was a slow day.

Quote:
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:54 PM   #52
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Not practical.

Until Apple says it is. I'm sure that's coming with Apple TV whenever that should happen.
I just repped you for this.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:55 PM   #53
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
Apple, Porsche, and VW. It's like air and water, really. You just NEED them.
I drive a Saab and use a PC at home, but okay there.
My next car is unlikely to be something VAG either. BRZ's still have me quite aroused.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:59 PM   #54
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
ITT: Razeus and all Apple users late to the convenience of new features, as per usual.

I love NFC payments too, use that feature several times a week, and have for well over a year. Why do you constantly let a company hold you back?
I am not. If I have to wait until Apple gets right, then so be it.

But no matter how far Google was "ahead" in NFC payments, the fact is: Why do I never see anyone pulling out their phone to pay for something when I'm at any store?

You'll thank Apple later when your Google system becomes more useful when it's accepted at way more places.

The best part? Apple won't have any access to what I bought or how much I've paid, unlike Google's business model.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 05:00 PM   #55
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I am not. If I have to wait until Apple gets right, then so be it.

But no matter how far Google was "ahead" in NFC payments, the fact is: Why do I never see anyone pulling out their phone to pay for something when I'm at any store?

You'll thank Apple later when your Google system becomes more useful when it's accepted at way more places.
I'll thank no one but the merchants, don't give a damn about what Apple has done. Google has had it right for ages, you just didn't know. Now that you've done it you think Apple magically did something new. Bullshit. They haven't even done anything to make it better, you're just deluding yourself.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 05:00 PM   #56
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Used it today as well. It's nothing I haven't done with google wallet ages ago. That's the thing with Apple, since the 4s era they are just late to the party with everything. That's totally fine but I don't like how they act as if they came up with it first. The fact is NFC is crippled on the iphone, you cant even call it NFC as it does nothing but apple pay. You cant use it to hook up to nfc devices like speakers etc...

My daily driver right now is a 6+, while originally overly frustrating to use coming off my g3. Alarm volume being same as system volume for one example, among many other things. However, whatever ios does it does well even if it's a very limited range of things. However, my springboard is crashing 2 times a day or so. Also, I can say for sure the 1gb ram apple decided to stick to has completely taken away the lag free experience of IOS. My 6 plus fing lags at least 5 times a day, and it is unacceptable. For an os that is so simple and has crappy multitasking it's just bullshit.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 05:02 PM   #57
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:

Google Wallet if you had 4.4.4, ISIS/Softcard if you don't. AT&T has an agreement with ISIS/Softcard don't they?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 05:03 PM   #58
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:

Delusional fanboyism? I have a macbook and an iphone, I have a PC I use more than the macbook and all my work is done on PCs. I had an android phone and liked it very much despite it using touchwiz and being locked down tighter than fort knox (pun intended, samsung.)

Because google did it first I am supposed to praise their implimentation of it? I'm not really praising apples either since I haven't even used it, all I said was that I couldn't figure out where or how to do it on my android and that with the iphone it took all of five seconds to get my card in and be ready to go.

There's no denying NFC is underutilized on android regardless of when they implimented it. Sometimes it's how you impliment something that matters. Google could have been pushing merchants for years to get ready and get on board and they could have made their side more streamlined and user friendly but they didn't. I'm not allowed to be on apples side though because what, they're apple so they're evil?

What's that you said about delusional fanboyism?
I always find it funny when someone throws around the "you're a fanboy" dig and it holds absolutely no water. It's even better when they are the one who's actually delusional.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 05:05 PM   #59
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Delusional fanboyism? I have a macbook and an iphone, I have a PC I use more than the macbook and all my work is done on PCs. I had an android phone and liked it very much despite it using touchwiz and being locked down tighter than fort knox (pun intended, samsung.)

Because google did it first I am supposed to praise their implimentation of it? I'm not really praising apples either since I haven't even used it, all I said was that I couldn't figure out where or how to do it on my android and that with the iphone it took all of five seconds to get my card in and be ready to go.

There's no denying NFC is underutilized on android regardless of when they implimented it. Sometimes it's how you impliment something that matters. Google could have been pushing merchants for years to get ready and get on board and they could have made their side more streamlined and user friendly but they didn't. I'm not allowed to be on apples side though because what, they're apple so they're evil?

What's that you said about delusional fanboyism?
I always find it funny when someone throws around the "you're a fanboy" dig and it holds absolutely no water. It's even better when they are the one who's actually delusional.
It's the credit card companies that should have pushed it harder, they're the ones who made it a thing with those PayPass things so many years ago, yet they never pushed it hard enough to actually catch on.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 05:07 PM   #60
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Google Wallet if you had 4.4.4, ISIS/Softcard if you don't. AT&T has an agreement with ISIS/Softcard don't they?
I have no clue what ISIS/Softcard is, my phone had 4.4.2 and if google had this working flawlessly for years why did you need someone else before 4.4.4?
I think I got my card tied to google wallet but there wasn't a lick said about how to use it at a POS. I honestly couldn't find documentation anywhere about how to use the thing as a digital wallet and I gave up. I guess I didn't try hard enough to be edgy?

Quote:
It's the credit card companies that should have pushed it harder, they're the ones who made it a thing with those PayPass things so many years ago, yet they never pushed it hard enough to actually catch on.
I would say a good 35% of retailers have a POS that accepts paypass. The problem was they really didnt force it in a lot of cards, the only one that ever had it was my amex and my best buy card, and my BB card they actually gave you a little RFID sticker thing you could put on your phone, had it stuck to the back of my iphone 3G and really liked to use it.