Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:47 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Just used Apple Pay.

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!. MUAHAHAHAH.

Faster to pull out my card and swipe though.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:51 PM   #2
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Cool story bro.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:53 PM   #3
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

doesn't support my bank of america us air dividend miles card, even though BoA is supposedly on-board.

My amex is on there though, have not tried it however.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:56 PM   #4
TopoGeigeo
Da Mouse, Huzaa!

TopoGeigeo is still being judged by the masses

wtf is apple pay?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:59 PM   #5
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Raz loves an Apple service? NO WAI!!!

Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:00 PM   #6
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopoGeigeo View Post
wtf is apple pay?
it's apple's tax on all you buy
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:10 PM   #7
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Welcome to 2010, congrats
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:10 PM   #8
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So sorry for your loss
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:17 PM   #9
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Raz loves an Apple service? NO WAI!!!

this.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:34 PM   #10
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Welcome to 2010, congrats
Welcome to 2014, where masses of people actually use NFC payments.

I mean, smartphones have been around pre-iPhone, yet Apple seems to be the only one making all the money.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:38 PM   #11
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
I look forward to your 'Just changed the television channel with my iPhone' thread in 2018

Last edited by curio : Oct 21, 2014 at 01:49 PM.
curio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:40 PM   #12
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:

I mean, smartphones have been around pre-iPhone, yet Apple seems to be the only one making all the money.
No, Apple isn't the only one.
http://techcrunch.com/2014/08/19/pay...kout-for-apps/

It remains to be seen how many people adopt it, of course. PayPal doesn't have the cult that Apple has.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:43 PM   #13
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

too many idiots in the world willing to give them money for what others do for free
Quote:
They are also paying hard cash for the privilege of being involved: 15 cents of a $100 purchase will go to the iPhone maker, according to two people familiar with the terms of the agreement, which are not public. That is an unprecedented deal, giving Apple a share of the payments' economics that rivals such as Google do not get for their services

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/12/...e-pay-details/
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:43 PM   #14
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:

Typical Apple fanboy response "Apple did it first".
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:45 PM   #15
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

NFC is old news ...
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:47 PM   #16
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post

Typical Apple fanboy response "Apple did it first".
that is why I always love Raz's Apple threads.. it's like a direct line into an apple fanboy's mind. You can see how apple lovers think how Apple is the snizzle with tech that has been out for years...
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:48 PM   #17
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Sure wish we had a Smartphone forum. This thread would fit perfectly into it.

Oh hey!

http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=108

Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:51 PM   #18
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
too many idiots in the world willing to give them money for what others do for free

Holy crap.. now I can see why Apple "discovered"/implemented it..that is insane.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 02:02 PM   #19
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Hearing different things about how Apple is getting paid. Is it a % of the purchase, or a % of the bank fee? I have no problem with Apple getting paid for their service / security / technology.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 02:17 PM   #20
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
No, Apple isn't the only one.
http://techcrunch.com/2014/08/19/pay...kout-for-apps/

It remains to be seen how many people adopt it, of course. PayPal doesn't have the cult that Apple has.
Paypal is the devil.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 02:18 PM   #21
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

LOL
Old Oct 21, 2014, 02:27 PM   #22
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
Hearing different things about how Apple is getting paid. Is it a % of the purchase, or a % of the bank fee? I have no problem with Apple getting paid for their service / security / technology.
.15% of the purchase price (or $.15 for every $100) + a much lower merchant fee. Banks get to shoulder the risk of fraud, but receive Apple's tech in return, instead of developing their own.

It's an unprecedented deal.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 02:30 PM   #23
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I look forward to your 'Just changed the television channel with my iPhone' thread in 2018
I do that now, tivo app.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 02:30 PM   #24
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
.15% of the purchase price (or $.15 for every $100) + a much lower merchant fee. Banks get to shoulder the risk of fraud, but receive Apple's tech in return, instead of developing their own.

It's an unprecedented deal.
I am sure MCS will take their own cut on top of that, they're still processing that ****, apple just seems to dip their fingers into the merchant services pie as yet another middleman.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 02:31 PM   #25
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
I do that now, tivo app.
I meant IR, but you knew that already
Old Oct 21, 2014, 02:33 PM   #26
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Quote:
I do that now, tivo app.
Not everyone has TiVo like us smart fellas.

Also, I could change the channel and volume and turn my tv on and off back in 2006 with my old Dell Axim Windows Mobile device.

Quote:
Old Oct 21, 2014, 02:35 PM   #27
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I am sure MCS will take their own cut on top of that, they're still processing that ****, apple just seems to dip their fingers into the merchant services pie as yet another middleman.
sooner or latter the banks will pass this sh*t on to the merchants in higher fees
and merchants like me will pass it on to the customer in higher prices or a fee for using it
Old Oct 21, 2014, 02:36 PM   #28
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Not practical.

Until Apple says it is. I'm sure that's coming with Apple TV whenever that should happen.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 02:39 PM   #29
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Not practical.

Until Apple says it is.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 02:39 PM   #30
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Quote:
sooner or latter the banks will pass this sh*t on to the merchants in higher fees
and merchants like me will pass it on to the customer in higher prices or a fee for using it
But it's apple's business idea so it's full proof and this will never happen

Quote: