Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:18 PM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Got my replacement phone today, it's nice to have an immaculate phone again. Updated to Lollipop and rooted and installed recovery, then did a nandroid backup on my previous phone and restored it on the new phone. It's like I didn't even miss a beat.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2015, 04:59 AM   #242
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

So, does anyone have the Z3+ or Z4 (as its called in some regions)? If so, how's that overheating problem?

My gf is looking for a new phone and she wants to try Android and Sony seems to be the best bet since we won't touch Samsung.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2015, 07:28 AM   #243
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yeah I wont be touching samsung either after the pos S3. We'll be getting Z3+ in 2 months.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 25, 2015, 07:30 AM   #244
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

My replacement phones' headphone jack has already died, to the point it doesn't even detect anything is plugged in. Not impressed.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 09:47 AM   #245
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

5.1.1 is out if no one noticed. Still no camera2 API, battery life is slightly worse but I want to try clear cache first.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:50 AM   #246
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Tmobile always seems to be several months behind the unlocked phones...
Old Jul 25, 2015, 07:30 AM   #247
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Battery drain is worse than 5.0.2, there is some interesting add on especially the silent mode, and individual volume for alarm, media and ringtone. Although people say camera video quality is improved, the stills are still crap.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:15 AM   #248
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Someone make a good camera mod that allows manual shutter speed and ISO control in stock camera app.

On the other hand Sony released new firmware 23.4.A.1.200, no changelog so far weirdly. But some people on xda say the camera improved and a bit better battery life. I just flashed it, will update if I find anything interesting.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:34 AM   #249
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Took a bit longer than 2 months, but I finally have a Z3+ got a new one fairly cheap, as my S3 is basically a paperweight now.

Great phone so far, very impressed with it.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Sep 24, 2015, 05:26 PM   #250
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Highly Impressed with the phone, using my DS4 with a Nyko phone grip and it's playing emulators great, and a lot of games also support gamepad.

Plus PS4 Remote Play and even can use my DS4 to stream PC games to my phone, plus with mouse support etc.

Last edited by SirBaron : Sep 24, 2015 at 05:34 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 06:29 AM   #251
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Didn't know the Xperia you can move apps to the SD CARD, very handy though from what I hear Android 6.0 you can make the SD Card act like internal storage.

Old Jan 1, 2016, 05:58 AM   #252
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Updated to 23.4.A.232, after a while it develops a problem with top of the touchscreen isn't responding to touch making it impossible to drop down the notification bar. Several people with the same ROM develops similar problems which is annoying, and too bad I deleted the old .ftf file so I can't revert back either. Some say it might be water damage, but I never dunk my phone into water or anything so it's impossible to be it. Planned obsolescence?

I'm not gonna buy Z5 Compact nor any Sony phones, I still hate Sony for gimping their camera with crappy camera algorithm. Currently I'm using ASUS Zenfone 5 which my sister's before it develops strange blank screen problems. Turns out the remedy is simple, remove the back cover, undo few screws and unplug the battery from the mainboard and reattach it.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 01:47 AM   #253
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

My Zenfone being wonky again so I back to my faulty Z3 Compact. I don't know whether I want to fix the screen or buy new phone. For those who still using Z3 Compact, do you planning to upgrade or buy new phones in this coming months?
Old Jan 13, 2016, 05:12 AM   #254
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Didn't know the Xperia you can move apps to the SD CARD, very handy though from what I hear Android 6.0 you can make the SD Card act like internal storage.*
*as long as you encrypt your phone, external storage and don't want to take out/switch out sd-cards.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 12:31 PM   #255
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Doesn't really work anyway the feature since I posted that post

but yeah I don't mind encrypting my phone and storage for extra "internal space"

my 64GB card isn't leaving my phone anytime ever.