Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 29, 2014, 01:00 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
My Nilkin screen protector just chipped out of no where... Noticed a white spot near the volume rocker, pushed on it a little bit and glass chunked out... Never been dropped, always in my pocket when not in use (and never in there with another object). Pretty annoying...
Sounds like a defect in the glass.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 01:01 PM   #152
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Is there any way to increase the icon grid by a column and a row?

I would also like to change the DPI setting, so that more stuff will fit on the screen. I think you need root to change this setting.

The default keyboard also seems unnecessarily tall.

Last edited by aviphysics : Oct 29, 2014 at 01:14 PM.
aviphysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2014, 01:30 PM   #153
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
Is there any way to increase the icon grid by a column and a row?

I would also like to change the DPI setting, so that more stuff will fit on the screen. I think you need root to change this setting.

The default keyboard also seems unnecessarily tall.
Run a different launcher, run a different keyboard. The stock keyboard blows anyways. I don't need extra icons, so I run the Google Now launcher, but I run SwiftKey, which allows you to change the height of the keyboard.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 29, 2014, 05:54 PM   #154
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Run a different launcher, run a different keyboard. The stock keyboard blows anyways. I don't need extra icons, so I run the Google Now launcher, but I run SwiftKey, which allows you to change the height of the keyboard.
I was already running the Google now launcher. It just seems like there is a lot of wasted space on a lot of apps. Device really needs an adjustment to the DPI setting.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 06:47 PM   #155
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Having some problems finding a magnetic charging cable that works correctly with the z3. The Sony dock is the only one I have found.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 07:08 PM   #156
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Having some problems finding a magnetic charging cable that works correctly with the z3. The Sony dock is the only one I have found.
The magnetic cable I used on my Z1s works perfectly. Was a cheapie on Amazon. This one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FF9P1T6
Old Nov 2, 2014, 08:31 PM   #157
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
The magnetic cable I used on my Z1s works perfectly. Was a cheapie on Amazon. This one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FF9P1T6
Ordered. Hope it works. Will be the forth I will have tried (a third cable is coming sometime soon)
Old Nov 2, 2014, 08:59 PM   #158
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Only issue I ever have is trying to align it perfectly in the dark, but I can always get it and it's been reliable for a while.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 09:24 AM   #159
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Just took off my Nillkin screen protector, complete junk.

There is just enough gap for dust and dirt to get in between the aluminum frame and the protector, and when that happens it just breaks... Mine had 3 chips in the edges of the screen this morning, and it's never left my pocket or my hand or the top of my dresser.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:09 AM   #160
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Maybe you got unlucky. Both mine and my wife's are still in perfect shape. The back protector is total junk though. Would remove it if it wasn't covered by the case.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:47 PM   #161
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Seems the magnetic charging port on my phone is actually defective. Just tested my wife's phone with the various charging cables I now have, and her's seems to work fine.

I am guessing that because it is less than 30 days, I can probably just take it to a T-mobile store and they will exchange it for me.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 11:06 PM   #162
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I think if you ordered it online you may have to call... I'm not 100% though, worth checking.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 08:56 AM   #163
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

My previous Nexus 5 Nillkin glass screen protector also chips in one place (around the top right hand side), and that is where the crack starts to propagate. I just bought new one and it's much better, it lasted a year so I can't complain much on it.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2014, 09:46 PM   #164
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

PS4 remote play with the Z3 is now working. Played a quick round of Resogun and it seems to work pretty well. It wasn't perfect, but that might be my wifi's fault.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:12 PM   #165
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
PS4 remote play with the Z3 is now working. Played a quick round of Resogun and it seems to work pretty well. It wasn't perfect, but that might be my wifi's fault.
Do you have 5ghz AC?

I don't have a PS4 so I can't try it... I may wind up picking one up though if I keep getting Sony phones.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 07:24 PM   #166
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Do you have 5ghz AC?

I don't have a PS4 so I can't try it... I may wind up picking one up though if I keep getting Sony phones.
I have the T-mobile router. I had turned QOS on and wonder if it could be interfering with something.

It is a little bit of a mute point until the GCM10 DS4 to Z3 mount is available. Without the mount, it is pretty hard to hold the Z3 and DS4 in a comfortable position. I think once we get this, the Z3 will probably be my primary way of playing the PS4. It is just too hard to get screen time on our HT system, and a lot of the games have too much foul language for my wife's taste.

Last edited by aviphysics : Nov 9, 2014 at 07:31 PM.
aviphysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2014, 07:38 PM   #167
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Hm that router has been quite good to me, I regularly see 25+ MB/s transfer to my USB 3.0 hdd that I plugged into it...
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:51 PM   #168
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Free copy of Driveclub, if you bought the T-mobile Z3 before Nov 4th. They send you a code, so you could probably resell the code if you don't have a PS4.

http://campaigns.sonymobile.com/driv...drivecluboffer
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:00 PM   #169
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I got my code already, don't even have a PS4
Old Nov 12, 2014, 09:30 AM   #170
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

So whats the verdict on this phone after some of you guys have had it for a bit?
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2014, 09:38 AM   #171
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
So whats the verdict on this phone after some of you guys have had it for a bit?
Best phone I've ever owned, bar none. The Z1s was the previous best, and this is even better. The battery life is nothing shy of amazing. Beautiful screen, fantastic camera, great build quality (though apparently some people are getting some bad ones from time to time). The size of the phone is great to me, I don't want anything bigger or smaller.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:36 AM   #172
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Quote:
Best phone I've ever owned, bar none. The Z1s was the previous best, and this is even better. The battery life is nothing shy of amazing. Beautiful screen, fantastic camera, great build quality (though apparently some people are getting some bad ones from time to time). The size of the phone is great to me, I don't want anything bigger or smaller.
I'm seriously considering it..... Still not enamored with the button placement however.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:42 AM   #173
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
I'm seriously considering it..... Still not enamored with the button placement however.
I like it. Makes it easy to figure out where the phone is in your pocket.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 02:08 PM   #174
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Quote:
I like it. Makes it easy to figure out where the phone is in your pocket.
Well I'm working from home today and decided to check out the xperia again. Went ahead and bought it. First impressions are pretty good. Not sure how you go without a case though, this is almost as slippery as the new iphone lol.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 02:47 PM   #175
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Well I'm working from home today and decided to check out the xperia again. Went ahead and bought it. First impressions are pretty good. Not sure how you go without a case though, this is almost as slippery as the new iphone lol.
Haven't really had any issues with that either My hands are a bit coarse though from guitar work over the years, so maybe that helps.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 04:18 PM   #176
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
I really like the case I got for my wife and myself. Adds very little to the bulk of the phone. I like the phone a lot. Great to finally have a phone I am not worried about using near the hot tub.

The only problem I have had is the faulty magnetic charging port, but a replacement is on the way.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 04:19 PM   #177
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
I really like the case I got for my wife and myself. Adds very little to the bulk of the phone. I like the phone a lot. Great to finally have a phone I am not worried about using near the hot tub.

The only problem I have had is the faulty magnetic charging port, but a replacement is on the way.
Did you have to call it in?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 05:19 PM   #178
Maverick123w
WhoDey

The camera in auto mode really seems to over expose things.... like a ton. Anyone notice this or know some good settings in manual mode to compensate?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 05:19 PM   #179
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
The camera in auto mode really seems to over expose things.... like a ton. Anyone notice this or know some good settings in manual mode to compensate?
I don't use auto for anything, can't stand it. Just start messing with settings in Manual and you can get some really fantastic shots.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 08:30 PM   #180
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Did you have to call it in?
Sort of. I took it to the store to show them the problem, and the store called it in for me. Was at least easier than trying to explain the problem to a tech support agent over the phone.