Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 23, 2014, 04:51 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

FYI, the Z3 has tap to wake, it's disabled by default. It's under display settings. The Z3 also officially gets a "glove mode," though the Z1s' screen seemed sensitive enough to work with gloves anyways.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2014, 05:41 PM   #122
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Switching from apple to these. I hope I am not dissapointed
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2014, 05:47 PM   #123
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

It's a damned nice phone, has a nicer build than the new iPhone IMO, having handled both this and the 6+. It's fast as hell as well, and the camera is pretty great. Screen looks way better than the Z1s screen too.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 23, 2014, 05:55 PM   #124
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
It's a damned nice phone, has a nicer build than the new iPhone IMO, having handled both this and the 6+. It's fast as hell as well, and the camera is pretty great. Screen looks way better than the Z1s screen too.
Sounds good, what sold me and my wife is it is waterproof/dustproof, since we just moved close to the beach.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:57 PM   #125
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Did some light gaming, the dual speakers are awesome for that. Battery life seems amazing as advertised, but I've not charged it up 100% yet.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:43 AM   #126
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Sounds good, what sold me and my wife is it is waterproof/dustproof, since we just moved close to the beach.
Just make sure you get a good tempered glass screen protector. Sand is just about the best thing for scratching up your screen.

I do wonder how corrosion resistant the phone is. Salt water is bad in all kinds of ways that normal water isn't.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 07:59 PM   #127
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Battery life has been really awesome today. Still at 60% with 2.5hrs of screen on time and some tethering.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 08:14 PM   #128
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Battery life has been really awesome today. Still at 60% with 2.5hrs of screen on time and some tethering.
What did you use for tethering? Did you pay t-mobile for the premium or are you using something else?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 08:24 PM   #129
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
What did you use for tethering? Did you pay t-mobile for the premium or are you using something else?
PDANet+ USB tethering works perfectly. I don't have tethering.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 08:36 PM   #130
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Just make sure you get a good tempered glass screen protector. Sand is just about the best thing for scratching up your screen.

I do wonder how corrosion resistant the phone is. Salt water is bad in all kinds of ways that normal water isn't.
yeah I wont be swimming with it, just lounging on the beach.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 09:06 AM   #131
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Took my phone off the charger at 7:30am yesterday morning, this morning at 7:30am it was at 50%. That's amazing. I had nearly 3hrs of screen on time yesterday, did some podcasting, a little bit of gaming, and was on LTE from 9am to 6pm, no WiFi in that time.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 04:38 PM   #132
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Not the craziest screen on time, but definitely feel like 6+ hours of screen on time is possible.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 04:48 PM   #133
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Not too bad, my Nexus would had to have been charged hours before that.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2014, 05:17 PM   #134
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
Not too bad, my Nexus would had to have been charged hours before that.
Others are getting 6+ hours of screen on time and nearly 2 days off the charger, I think with some more tweaking that should be achievable.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:43 PM   #135
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Old Oct 27, 2014, 08:56 AM   #136
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Nice to see decent battery life finally. I noticed a huge difference from my S4 to my S5, I've gotten 6 hours of screen time with it once or twice. I have a screenshot of it with 5h30m screen time and 1d6h11m of total time, I think that was a day I used GPS for a drive too. I hope other companies take note because it's kind of ridiculous it's taken this long to make a phone that has true multi day use.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2014, 09:37 AM   #137
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Nice to see decent battery life finally. I noticed a huge difference from my S4 to my S5, I've gotten 6 hours of screen time with it once or twice. I have a screenshot of it with 5h30m screen time and 1d6h11m of total time, I think that was a day I used GPS for a drive too. I hope other companies take note because it's kind of ridiculous it's taken this long to make a phone that has true multi day use.
I found some more WiFi settings I hadn't disabled, so I should get even better battery life now.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 04:49 PM   #138
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Our phones arrived today.

The Nilkin H+ tempered glass screen protector fit beautifully. It comes with a plastic protector for the back, which is about as good as what you can expect from a plastic protector. The only reason I put the rear protector on was because of how my wife's last case managed to scratch up the back of her phone.

The cases we got have a pretty good feel to them. Not sure how much protection they provide, but at least they don't add much to the bulk of the phone. http://www.amazon.com/Xperia-Terrapi...ywords=z3+case
Old Oct 27, 2014, 06:11 PM   #139
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Our phones arrived today.

The Nilkin H+ tempered glass screen protector fit beautifully. It comes with a plastic protector for the back, which is about as good as what you can expect from a plastic protector. The only reason I put the rear protector on was because of how my wife's last case managed to scratch up the back of her phone.

The cases we got have a pretty good feel to them. Not sure how much protection they provide, but at least they don't add much to the bulk of the phone. http://www.amazon.com/Xperia-Terrapi...ywords=z3+case
The back protector scratches crazy easily. Not a huge deal really, but if I could also go tempered glass on the back I would. I got the Nilkin as well.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 08:48 PM   #140
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
The back protector scratches crazy easily. Not a huge deal really, but if I could also go tempered glass on the back I would. I got the Nilkin as well.
I would as well, but the case covers the back of the phone anyway.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 08:53 PM   #141
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Say no to cases!
Old Oct 27, 2014, 09:03 PM   #142
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Original Galaxy Note, replaced the battery twice now. Can still get 18hours or so.

Really wish battery tech would finally leap forward especially in the mobile area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2014, 09:34 PM   #143
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

my god are your phones surgically implanted I charge my 1520 every 2 or 4 days some times it will go a week
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2014, 09:48 PM   #144
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
my god are your phones surgically implanted I charge my 1520 every 2 or 4 days some times it will go a week
Not all of us are comfortable using a tablet as a phone.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 08:57 AM   #145
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2014, 09:07 AM   #146
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog_ View Post
I don't seem to have a Baidu folder anywhere. I did disable that service though.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:34 AM   #147
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The spyware is being found on phones using ES Explorer too.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:05 AM   #148
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Free movies are live via the Xperia Lounge. Some really good ones, including Ghostbusters.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:27 PM   #149
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Got over 6hrs of screen on time today, and could have been more if I didn't listen to a 1.5 hour podcast on the built in speakers at full volume while I worked on the car.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:37 PM   #150
Elysian
SCAATSJW

My Nilkin screen protector just chipped out of no where... Noticed a white spot near the volume rocker, pushed on it a little bit and glass chunked out... Never been dropped, always in my pocket when not in use (and never in there with another object). Pretty annoying...