Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 28, 2014, 09:32 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Yup, here in Canada as well. Not a huge push for it at all. The few peeps who i know who are looking into them are from word of mouth. Not sure wtf is going on... its just like the whole Camera field, people push Canon and Nikon before anything else yet there are many other brands/models that are a lot better yet dont get the spot light.
Then things have improved. They used to just push Nikon, even though Canon had better sensors.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 09:57 AM   #32
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Was just about to post that, you bastard

Pretty epic.
Too epic. I want one now.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:48 PM   #33
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
Then things have improved. They used to just push Nikon, even though Canon had better sensors.
Nikon offers 'perks' for selling their cameras. This is why you'll find most places will push Nikon first.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 29, 2014, 02:32 PM   #34
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...for-october-9/

October 9th is likely the US launch of the new Z3.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2014, 02:40 PM   #35
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Hope the compact comes to T-Mobile... thinking about switching, my AT&T junk is over next month.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:28 PM   #36
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...for-october-9/

October 9th is likely the US launch of the new Z3.

Sooner then expected. Very enthusiastic and very much hope that is true.

Ugg. Article description sounds like a soft launch. Wonder how much longer until it will be in stores.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:39 PM   #37
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

Sooner then expected. Very enthusiastic and very much hope that is true.

Ugg. Article description sounds like a soft launch. Wonder how much longer until it will be in stores.
I sent that link to Engadget as a tip, just like I did the battery life stories... Engadget doesn't give a **** about Sony unless it's something bad... They didn't post any tips I sent in, even though they're perfectly suited for Engadget.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 01:26 AM   #38
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
I sent that link to Engadget as a tip, just like I did the battery life stories... Engadget doesn't give a **** about Sony unless it's something bad... They didn't post any tips I sent in, even though they're perfectly suited for Engadget.
Engadget only pushes news that is at least a few months old, unless it is Apple or Samsung or someone really big. The website keeps going down hill year after year.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 08:46 AM   #39
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Engadget only pushes news that is at least a few months old, unless it is Apple or Samsung or someone really big. The website keeps going down hill year after year.
Somehow they keep pushing Blackberry news too... No love for Sony.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 06:31 PM   #40
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Somehow they keep pushing Blackberry news too... No love for Sony.
For those that like the Z3, (but don't need voice or data ) you should know that the Z3 is also coming to Sprint.
http://www.bidnessetc.com/26561-sony...le-and-sprint/
Old Oct 2, 2014, 04:55 PM   #41
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Aaaak! Dropped my phone for the thousandth time today and the glass finally decided to shatter in an epic fashion. Slapped some scotch tape over it to keep it together and from cutting my fingers, but can totally not wait too much longer. Gosh darn, if I didn't already hate this device's qwerks, I sure do now.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 05:42 PM   #42
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Aaaak! Dropped my phone for the thousandth time today and the glass finally decided to shatter in an epic fashion. Slapped some scotch tape over it to keep it together and from cutting my fingers, but can totally not wait too much longer. Gosh darn, if I didn't already hate this device's qwerks, I sure do now.
Use the return window to get a phone now, then you can get the Z3 on launch
Old Oct 3, 2014, 07:29 PM   #43
Elysian
SCAATSJW

The Verge, as biased as they usually are, gave the Z3 and Z3 Compact an 8.5 rating.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/3/68...compact-review

http://www.financialexpress.com/news...-rival/1294837

The Financial Express is going so far as calling the Z3 the "iPhone rival."
Old Oct 3, 2014, 08:09 PM   #44
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
The Verge, as biased as they usually are, gave the Z3 and Z3 Compact an 8.5 rating.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/3/68...compact-review

http://www.financialexpress.com/news...-rival/1294837

The Financial Express is going so far as calling the Z3 the "iPhone rival."
Love how the Verge talks about it as though the z3 was designed after the iPhone 6 was released. Frickn dolts.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 10:27 PM   #45
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Love how the Verge talks about it as though the z3 was designed after the iPhone 6 was released. Frickn dolts.
Ha sure shows how much you know about smartphones. The iPhone is divine and nothing compares to it's majestic design and build quality.

..oh and iPhones turn you into an instant celebrity.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2014, 01:41 AM   #46
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Ha sure shows how much you know about smartphones. The iPhone is divine and nothing compares to it's majestic design and build quality.

..oh and iPhones turn you into an instant celebrity.
Also, apparently Sony has a time machine so they could go into the future and steal the iPhone 6 design specs to base the entire Z series lineup on; or maybe its even a ripoff of the iPhone 7 (that one is finally gonna get the fancy camera, battery life, and waterproofing that Sony ripped off.) Apple should totally sue those bas#@%$ at Sony for stealing their future tech!

BTW, just checking and looks like even though they basically say the Z3 is better than an iPhone 6 in nearly every way, The Verge rate it at 8.6 versus 9.0 for the iPhone 6

Last edited by aviphysics : Oct 5, 2014 at 01:49 AM.
aviphysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2014, 03:55 AM   #47
Hardwood
Radeon Evergreen

Hardwood is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs down

Quote:
10hr 2min of screen on time Two day battery life should definitely be possible. Xperia Z3 is also no slouch at 9hrs and 23min, beating the iPhone 6+ by nearly 3hrs and a full 4hrs more than the iPhone 6:
Hmmm, didn't test Blackberry Passport, yet they have an article discussing it right next to this test.
<---Computer #1 in System Specs Button

Computer #2) MSI A88X-G45, AMD A10-7850K, IGP, AMD 2x4GB 2133 Ram (R938G2130U1K), Antec 750w True, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB WD Black, Win 10pro x64
Computer#3) GA-MA790FX, AMD 955, Thermaltake 550w, ASUS HD5870, Win10pro x86
Hardwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2014, 07:54 AM   #48
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwood View Post
Hmmm, didn't test Blackberry Passport, yet they have an article discussing it right next to this test.
Passport hadn't even been announced when this test was done. Besides, no one cares.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 09:58 PM   #49
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Also, apparently Sony has a time machine so they could go into the future and steal the iPhone 6 design specs to base the entire Z series lineup on; or maybe its even a ripoff of the iPhone 7 (that one is finally gonna get the fancy camera, battery life, and waterproofing that Sony ripped off.) Apple should totally sue those bas#@%$ at Sony for stealing their future tech!

BTW, just checking and looks like even though they basically say the Z3 is better than an iPhone 6 in nearly every way, The Verge rate it at 8.6 versus 9.0 for the iPhone 6
Wha... that's an outrage!

About Verge, not surprised to say the least. In their iPhone 6 reviews, the conclusions can be summed up in two words. "Because iPhone".

Please don't get me wrong guys I like my 5S but their Apple product reviews are always rest assured completely biased.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2014, 07:26 AM   #50
Hardwood
Radeon Evergreen

Hardwood is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Passport hadn't even been announced when this test was done. Besides, no one cares.
So you're saying it's old news with old phones and not worth posting about.
Gotcha.
<---Computer #1 in System Specs Button

Computer #2) MSI A88X-G45, AMD A10-7850K, IGP, AMD 2x4GB 2133 Ram (R938G2130U1K), Antec 750w True, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB WD Black, Win 10pro x64
Computer#3) GA-MA790FX, AMD 955, Thermaltake 550w, ASUS HD5870, Win10pro x86
Hardwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2014, 09:15 AM   #51
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwood View Post
So you're saying it's old news with old phones and not worth posting about.
Gotcha.
Wut?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:33 AM   #52
Mr_Skinny
Meh

Mr_Skinny is still being judged by the masses

Picked up a Z3 Compact today. Seems like a nice device so far, struggling to get used to Android though after several years of Windows Phone. It feels so light compared to my Lumia 920, that thing is a tank!
Old Oct 6, 2014, 01:59 PM   #53
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Skinny View Post
Picked up a Z3 Compact today. Seems like a nice device so far, struggling to get used to Android though after several years of Windows Phone. It feels so light compared to my Lumia 920, that thing is a tank!
I am so jealous. Yesterday all I got was a splinter from my broken GS3 glass in my thumb.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 08:34 AM   #54
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Looks like the big event is going off at about 11 am this morning. http://www.cnet.com/news/sonys-deman...day-live-blog/
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:05 AM   #55
Elysian
SCAATSJW

That's 11am Pacific time btw.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:14 AM   #56
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Really interested if the compact hits T-Mobile with wifi calling.

Elysian, how far behind was your Xperia getting Android updates when they would come out?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:29 AM   #57
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX View Post
Really interested if the compact hits T-Mobile with wifi calling.

Elysian, how far behind was your Xperia getting Android updates when they would come out?
The Z1s was well behind the Z1 in getting 4.4.4, the Z1 had it for many months before my phone got it. I'm sure part of that was T-Mobile's fault, but I'd imagine the other part was that it was a pretty small segment of the Z1 model. When I did finally get it though, it was worth the wait, as the 4.4.4 update was fantastic, no issues whatsoever and ran smooth as butter.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:43 AM   #58
Mr_Skinny
Meh

Mr_Skinny is still being judged by the masses

They weren't kidding about the battery life on this thing, three days on from a full charge and it's still got 41% charge remaining. I used it a lot the first day, with light to moderate usage since, mostly texting, web, and a bit of gaming.

I'll be very impressed if it can stretch to a week!
Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:52 AM   #59
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

i actually have never had a smart phone, and may be taking the plunge. as i understand, this sucker's pretty awesome? i can wait till they release in canadia.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:53 AM   #60
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Skinny View Post
They weren't kidding about the battery life on this thing, three days on from a full charge and it's still got 41% charge remaining. I used it a lot the first day, with light to moderate usage since, mostly texting, web, and a bit of gaming.

I'll be very impressed if it can stretch to a week!
Their screen tech and battery conservation tech must be amazing.