Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 23, 2014, 08:52 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default Xperia Z3 Compact Battery Life Crushes Everything

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-...y-life_id60955

10hr 2min of screen on time Two day battery life should definitely be possible. Xperia Z3 is also no slouch at 9hrs and 23min, beating the iPhone 6+ by nearly 3hrs and a full 4hrs more than the iPhone 6:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/All-b...tegory_id60922
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2014, 09:57 AM   #2
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Nice - you would think battery life would be a priority for all manufacturers, but I don't think it is, except for Sony that is. 2 days would be sweet.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:10 AM   #3
Mickey Padge
Radeon R700

Mickey Padge is still being judged by the masses

I can get two days out out of my Z2 with stamina mode on
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:12 AM   #4
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I can milk my note 3 for close to 2 days too, but not with regular usage. Power saver mode kind of kills the experience for me.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:14 AM   #5
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Padge View Post
I can get two days out out of my Z2 with stamina mode on
I only get a day with my Z1s, the Z3 is very tempting, as is the Compact.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:03 PM   #6
Mickey Padge
Radeon R700

Mickey Padge is still being judged by the masses

Stamina mode on the Sony is less involved, plus you can let certain apps access data and work all the time anyway. General use, no problem to go two days, the Z2 has a 3200mah battery
Old Sep 23, 2014, 01:36 PM   #7
Ryan45
Radeon Northern Islands

Ryan45 is still being judged by the masses

Anyone have an idea when this will be on Verizon?
Ryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2014, 04:12 PM   #8
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
It's hardly an upgrade even on my Z1S.
Eat those words! Eat them I say!

Everything I read about this phone keeps making me want it more.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 04:43 PM   #9
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
Eat those words! Eat them I say!

Everything I read about this phone keeps making me want it more.
It's still not a huge upgrade over my phone The battery life is the biggest upgrade, and it's enough that I'd buy it. I also am particularly partial to the Sony implementation of Android.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 05:13 PM   #10
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

My gf has been looking for something to replace her Galaxy S3 and I showed her this, mainly for the battery duration and the awesome camera (2 things she REALLY needs as she swaps batteries often with her S3 and is obsessed with pictures). Prior to this we looked at the new Moto X, iPhone 6, Galaxy S5, etc. They are either too big for her taste or have crappy battery life. She was instantly sold on this and we are just waiting for it to show up at T-Mobile.

I might have to pick up the regular Z3 when I upgrade in early 2015. I could probably get 2 days out of it easily without charging with my typical light use. I've bought nothing but Samsung for the past few years. but I'm kind of over it unless the S6 just blows everything out of the water and has a fresh design.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 06:04 PM   #11
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMX70 View Post
My gf has been looking for something to replace her Galaxy S3 and I showed her this, mainly for the battery duration and the awesome camera (2 things she REALLY needs as she swaps batteries often with her S3 and is obsessed with pictures). Prior to this we looked at the new Moto X, iPhone 6, Galaxy S5, etc. They are either too big for her taste or have crappy battery life. She was instantly sold on this and we are just waiting for it to show up at T-Mobile.

I might have to pick up the regular Z3 when I upgrade in early 2015. I could probably get 2 days out of it easily without charging with my typical light use. I've bought nothing but Samsung for the past few years. but I'm kind of over it unless the S6 just blows everything out of the water and has a fresh design.
I moved from a Galaxy S4 to a Z1s and love it. Unless Samsung design really shifts (and Touchwiz stops sucking) I won't be getting another Samsung. Sony makes some of the best phones out there.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 06:06 PM   #12
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Is the compact same specs as the regular Z3? Or is there some crappy downgrades that just make the phone smaller but also ****.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2014, 06:18 PM   #13
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Is the compact same specs as the regular Z3? Or is there some crappy downgrades that just make the phone smaller but also ****.
Processor: Quad-core 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, Screen Size: 4.6in, Screen resolution: 1,280x720, Rear camera: 20.7-megapixel, Storage: 16GB, Wireless data: 3G, 4G, Size: 127x65x8.6mm, Weight: 129g, Operating system: Android 4.4.4

It's a beefy phone. Smaller screen, but the resolution is still great.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 06:39 PM   #14
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Comparison article: http://www.techradar.com/us/news/pho...ompact-1264156

They are very similar phones and the "downgrades" to the compact are very minimal. 720p on a 4.6" screen is NOT bad at all. 2gb of ram instead of 3? Not a big deal either imo.

Same CPU, same storage, same camera.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 08:59 PM   #15
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The only things the Z3 has over the Compact is 424ppi and clearer (less muffled) speakers. The metal, I'd have to see it it before deciding it's worth the premium.

These Sony Xperias are looking nicer to me every passing day. Seriously thinking about signing my new contract later (in half a year I can get Z4/GS6?) and picking up one of these instead.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2014, 03:10 AM   #16
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMX70 View Post
Comparison article: http://www.techradar.com/us/news/pho...ompact-1264156

They are very similar phones and the "downgrades" to the compact are very minimal. 720p on a 4.6" screen is NOT bad at all. 2gb of ram instead of 3? Not a big deal either imo.

Same CPU, same storage, same camera.
Nice, when I get phones sometime next year my fiancee will probably get a compact, she hates big phones.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2014, 09:26 AM   #17
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Device reviews are starting to trickle in http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/re...inement-597763
Old Sep 25, 2014, 09:44 AM   #18
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Device reviews are starting to trickle in http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/re...inement-597763
I love how it gets 13+ hours of video playback in their battery life test but only scores a 9/10. What gets a 10? 13hrs of screen on time for a smartphone is insane.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:10 AM   #19
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
I love how it gets 13+ hours of video playback in their battery life test but only scores a 9/10. What gets a 10? 13hrs of screen on time for a smartphone is insane.
I posted that review before reading it . They are really nit picky in a weird kind of way. Like they really liked the device, but didn't want to admit how much they liked it.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:15 AM   #20
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
I posted that review before reading it . They are really nit picky in a weird kind of way. Like they really liked the device, but didn't want to admit how much they liked it.
I felt the same way after reading it. They even complained about the default live wallpaper... What a thing to complain about Honestly, Sony does Android right besides all the apps they preinstall. I love the notification center, it's got the customizability I've always liked about custom roms without needing root. I run the Google Now launcher on mine.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:31 AM   #21
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

The more i read about the z3 the more i appreciate Sony's take on android. Sony has been on the ball as of late.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:37 AM   #22
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
The more i read about the z3 the more i appreciate Sony's take on android. Sony has been on the ball as of late.
And yet their sales have still been terrible. The "slimmer must be better" fad can't die soon enough.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2014, 02:22 AM   #23
filstrup
Radeon R420

filstrup is still being judged by the masses

I have a Z1c and with my usage I could get easily two days out of it if I would need it. With my previous SGII I had to shut down the 3G antenne when not using the phone and even then be careful by the end of the day. Now the Z1c is permanently online, GPS on, and I just don't mind the battery anymore. Not surprised that the Z3c is even better.
filstrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2014, 03:25 AM   #24
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

If I would get an android phone I would get a sony xperia. Only heard good things about them. And I think they look the best

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2014, 07:13 AM   #25
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
And yet their sales have still been terrible. The "slimmer must be better" fad can't die soon enough.
Well, their marketing also sucks in the US, and they didn't even bring the Z2 here. I didn't even know what the Z1s was until I started digging in the T-Mobile site, I knew all the other phones T-Mobile had.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 06:27 PM   #26
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Well, their marketing also sucks in the US, and they didn't even bring the Z2 here. I didn't even know what the Z1s was until I started digging in the T-Mobile site, I knew all the other phones T-Mobile had.
Not to mention that all the guys in the stores immediately direct everyone to the Samsung Galaxy 5. Then in every T-mobile store I have been in they have all the other brands clustered around the GS5, but the Z1S is off in its own corner. Lots of times the Z1S handset isn't even charged. It really is no wonder to me that the thing didn't sell well.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 06:57 PM   #27
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Not to mention that all the guys in the stores immediately direct everyone to the Samsung Galaxy 5. Then in every T-mobile store I have been in they have all the other brands clustered around the GS5, but the Z1S is off in its own corner. Lots of times the Z1S handset isn't even charged. It really is no wonder to me that the thing didn't sell well.
Noticed the same thing with the LG G3.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:23 AM   #28
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Z3 underwater unboxing
Old Sep 27, 2014, 06:47 PM   #29
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

Z3 underwater unboxing
Was just about to post that, you bastard

Pretty epic.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2014, 06:51 PM   #30
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Quote:
Yup, here in Canada as well. Not a huge push for it at all. The few peeps who i know who are looking into them are from word of mouth. Not sure wtf is going on... its just like the whole Camera field, people push Canon and Nikon before anything else yet there are many other brands/models that are a lot better yet dont get the spot light.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote