Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 10, 2014, 03:26 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
That said, looks like my next phone will be an android, I'll hang on to my 5 for awhile longer though, it works great and I have no need to upgrade right now.
You realise they'll release 6S+ or something like that in 2015 with more memory, faster CPU and more storage space?

It's the same story
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 04:30 PM   #212
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Looks like the Apple Watch lasts "about a day" on a charge. So you'll be plugging it into its conductive charging stand every night before bed.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/09...ter-resistant/
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 04:52 PM   #213
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Not too impressive...
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 10, 2014, 05:03 PM   #214
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Smart watches seem like they are still at the Apple Newton stage. Just trying to do too much with too little.

The only one I would even think about is the 360 and that is just because even if it is terrible at everything else, it is at least a decent looking watch that will quickly show me notifications from my phone. Can't imagine what else I would really need from a so called smart watch, except for a really long battery life. Anything that doesn't put those features first is misguided IMO.

In considering what made devices like the Palm Pilot and first iPhone work, it is obvious that the key too a great device is recognizing what can be done very well with the tech at hand and focusing on that core first. Just smashing everything possible into one of these devices for the sake of innovation is dumb.

Last edited by aviphysics : Sep 10, 2014 at 05:09 PM.
aviphysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 05:14 PM   #215
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobvodka View Post
Maybe it's because I don't wear a watch and haven't for the better part of 20 years now but I don't see what they really bring to the table.

That said, the reason you wear a watch is for the time so that really should be the 'core' of the thing - if your time ability sucks then you've already failed as a watch.

Beyond that.. well, fitness is a big thing but for it to be useful you need stuff like GPS to be able to track away from a phone. At that point you are starting to bulk the device up.

Music also goes with that; while you are running and tracking you want something to listen to which means you either take your phone (which does remove the gps need) or throw a chuck of memory into it which bulks things and puts an increase in battery pressure as you'll be using Bluetooth to stream to headphones.

and that's before you even get to 'apps' which mean storage space.

I find myself wondering if, for a meaningful device, it is even possible right now to do a 'smart watch' with the state of technology. Batteries seem to weak, equipment and requirements seem too big..

Right now I'd almost argue for the best UX you need to drop most of the 'smart' ideas and just have it do a few core things well; tell the time, inform you of missed calls, messages and calender events and maybe act as a remote for music playing - on a day to day I can see that being the most useful set of functions.

But then again, I don't wear a watch so...
Very well said. I've felt like battery technology has been one of the biggest limitations facing mobile technology, from watches to cars. I don't wear a watch either, and haven't since I was a kid. I'll see what the likes of Moto 360 and Apple Watch have to offer, but I'm not sold on anything at this point, not by a long shot.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 06:24 PM   #216
HAL10000
Radeon Arctic Islands

HAL10000 is still being judged by the masses

For me, the only way a smart wristwatch would make sense if it could replace the cellphone completely. I'm sure I'm not alone here or other forums.

Then again, I'm not your everyday consumer and speaking of which considering that people are making less and less money and prices of real good keep going up and up clock is ticking for most companies in the real economy.

(I'm still shocked that the Chamber of Commerce hasn't declared war on Wall Street yet. Hopefully, they will wake up soon.)

The market can stay irrational longer than you can remain solvent.
HAL10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 07:01 PM   #217
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I don't ever have to close apps on my Z1s. Didn't on my GS4 either.
I don't either with my Nexus 5. I just hit 38 days of uptime too.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 07:02 PM   #218
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL10000 View Post
For me, the only way a smart wristwatch would make sense if it could replace the cellphone completely. I'm sure I'm not alone here or other forums.

Then again, I'm not your everyday consumer and speaking of which considering that people are making less and less money and prices of real good keep going up and up clock is ticking for most companies in the real economy.

(I'm still shocked that the Chamber of Commerce hasn't declared war on Wall Street yet. Hopefully, they will wake up soon.)
I would by something like the Moto 360 in a heartbeat if it could last 2 days or more on battery.

It does enough that it is viable for me. In meetings and stuff all day, I don't need to be reaching for my phone all the time for notifications.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 08:57 PM   #219
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
I posted earlier in the thread and I'll bring it up again.

Taking a look at the products released over the last few years on the phone front, what has truly stood out?

In my mind, the iPhone 4 was the last real WOW product from Apple there. The first high res screen, even if it was only 3.5", it led from the forefront. I still use my old and trusty iPhone 4 in my car as a media player.

Since then... we have had the 4S, the 5, the 5C, the 5S, and now the 6/6 plus.

Users have (or will have) gained, since the iPhone 4, 2 extra rows of icons, a better camera, a finger-print reader, and 64-bit procs.

Of those things, the camera enhancements are solid, the finger-print reader is solid, the 64-bit processor part is solid. These 3 things in the past several years can be said to stand out and compete with the market or lead in their respective areas.

That is 3 things.

Apple is behind in terms of functionality such as a legacy button, no on screen navigation like Android/Windows Phone, leading to the Frankensteined "one handed mode". Such as relatively low PPI and massive bezels compared to the competition. Such as lack of wireless charging. Such as lack of fast-charge like capabilities. Such as glance/tap to wake features. Such as limited voice capabilities in hands-free mode.

Some of these things have been done by the competition for 2-3 years already. They would be PERFECT in an Apple environment because of the massively improved user experience. Apple has it's own fit and finish and could easily be best of breed.

But it is about maximizing profits by milking the users and continuing to string them along for another year. That is not innovating.
I think I just expected more *shrug*. In the end, this is just a single press conference.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:18 AM   #220
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
I think I just expected more *shrug*. In the end, this is just a single press conference.
Yep. And...

A single press conference that has been bandied about non-stop on tech and news sites for months and weeks before the event, and constantly since as the second coming of <insert object of reverence here>.

And yes, you were right to expect more It was not long ago that Apple ACTUALLY brought something new and profound at these events.

Right now, they are being given credit almost for inventing or finding new ways for doing stuff that has been available for years and has been relatively successful.

But hey, I have friends who work for Apple here in Austin, so hopefully they'll get nice bonuses and stuff
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:28 AM   #221
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Damn. Was hoping for some iPad mini action.
iPhone 6+ looks like a good phone but not for the pocket.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:45 AM   #222
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

MKBHD covers the Apple Watch(es) in another solid review.

I am still not a fan of creating new standards for the sake of it, but it is monetization and Marquees makes solid points about it.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 01:30 AM   #223
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Right now, they are being given credit almost for inventing or finding new ways for doing stuff that has been available for years and has been relatively successful.
This is and has always been Apple from day one. I don't understand where people get ideas about Apple from.

They've invented nothing since the creation of the company. Every idea they've had has been either copied or stolen from someone else that did it poorly and did it earlier on crappier tech than they did.

People have recently just caught on, if they copy everything "rumored" about apple, they may have a chance at beating apple. But that's a self defeating strategy, since Apple itself is the copier and copiee.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2014, 01:50 AM   #224
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
They've invented nothing since the creation of the company.
I think that's a bit harsh - you can call design an "invention", though - if you look at modern PC laptops for example, how many of them are pretty much 1:1 copies of Macbooks in design?

There's a lot of examples of Apple design that people simply blatantly copy in both hardware and software.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2014, 02:11 AM   #225
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
This is and has always been Apple from day one. I don't understand where people get ideas about Apple from.

They've invented nothing since the creation of the company. Every idea they've had has been either copied or stolen from someone else that did it poorly and did it earlier on crappier tech than they did.

People have recently just caught on, if they copy everything "rumored" about apple, they may have a chance at beating apple. But that's a self defeating strategy, since Apple itself is the copier and copiee.
There is nothing against copying. The innovation part is the key. For example, Apple and Microsoft both copied on the OS front, but they came up with something that was better than the original.

An idea, especially on the software side, is not inherently walled off (which is why I am against the vast majority of software patents).

Apple had some brilliant things on the smart phones side, the innovation was basically providing a relatively cutting edge device that could be used for consumption on the go, replacing the BB which was a bit more cumbersome to use and slightly less agile in an evolving world.

They have stopped pushing the envelope (several years ago, it seems) and seem content to milk the profits. They are a for profit company, so that's perfectly fine. But the media fawning implies complete and wanton ignorance of the TRUE innovation that has been continually on-going for the past several years by other companies.

And I'll be honest, I am disappointed a bit because I was looking forward to a solid product to entice me back into the fold, so to speak. I am relatively agnostic when it comes to devices and their OS's, but I HATE having to go backwards and give up a whole slew of things to use the "latest and greatest".

Now that we have seen the 6/6+, this sets the stage for continued incremental improvements for the next phones (the S refresh), so we're stuck with basically THIS for the next 2 years.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 03:32 AM   #226
bobvodka
Sleeping.

bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
I think that's a bit harsh - you can call design an "invention", though
The cleverest thing that Apple did was they took a bit of tech, in the iPod, and via marketing made it a fashion item rather than a tech item, which they then rode on to produce the iPhone in much the same way.

Consider the first gen iPhone, which got the buzz going; technology and feature wise it was poor (I still remember my utter surprise that you couldn't send an MMS, something I'd been able to do on phones or at least 3 years at this point!) but it rode the wave of hype and fashion and did the UI well.

People wanted one because it was a status symbol as much as anything.

And I can't help but feel this is how they should have done the watch; scrub the features and make it desirable - get someone like Tag or Rolex to style the thing and bring in a few useful functions (message, calendar etc as mentioned) so people think 'hey, it looks good and can do a few extra bits...' and that draws them in. Then, as tech improves, add more features and build on it so that people will buy the upgrade (because we all know that a year from now the Watch2 will be announced...).

If it looks good then The Stars might buy it, if The Stars buy it then the average person might buy it and then you can pull more people in.

As much as I hate to say things like this I suspect if Jobs was still about this would be closer to how it would have worked; the guy could sell and there is no way he would have signed off on this Fisherprice looking bulky thing when a better design could have been found.
bobvodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:55 PM   #227
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Why do I go through the 5 stages of loss and grief whenever there is a brand new iPhone design?

Last edited by Chuck : Sep 12, 2014 at 12:04 AM.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2014, 04:18 AM   #228
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Today's XKCD is gold:

globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2014, 05:41 AM   #229
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Well I wont wear one until they stop looking like someone took a dump on paper and proposed it as a smartwatch design

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2014, 06:04 AM   #230
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Got my Iphone 6+ 64GB preordered from Verizon. I was on the fence about either Iphone or Note 4. The deciding factor for me was the fact that I just like Apple's ecosystem more than Androids.
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2014, 06:53 AM   #231
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
Got my Iphone 6+ 64GB preordered from Verizon. I was on the fence about either Iphone or Note 4. The deciding factor for me was the fact that I just like Apple's ecosystem more than Androids.
does it say they ship now or in a few weeks? apples site, as well as at&t's shows 3-4 weeks ship time for the 6+ whereas friday deliveries for the regular one.

I don't remember them saying anything about a delay
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2014, 07:16 AM   #232
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
does it say they ship now or in a few weeks? apples site, as well as at&t's shows 3-4 weeks ship time for the 6+ whereas friday deliveries for the regular one.

I don't remember them saying anything about a delay
I have a guaranteed arrival by date of OCT 7th. I wouldn't be surprised if they just expect it to be a high order version so then pushed back the arrival date just to play it safe. I'm sure they will start shipping this Friday like the other versions.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 07:35 AM   #233
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Going to order 3 of the smaller ones today and one of the big ones. And switch to Verizon.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2014, 07:38 AM   #234
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Waiting outside AT&T right now because for some stupid reason we can't order apple stuff directly through our premier account.

There's literally nobody here. I'm surprised. I expected at least a dozen people or so to pre order but not a single person besides myself. I just got here a couple minutes ago. Sitting in my car staying warm at least. It's too soon for summer to be over :[
Old Sep 12, 2014, 08:39 AM   #235
monkeydust
Radeon Arctic Islands

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

I ordered a 64GB iphone 6 full price w/T-Mobile. I unlocked my ATT iphone 4s this morning and will switch to T-Mobile this afternoon after work so it will be an easier transition when I get the iphone 6 delivered.
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX case
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2014, 08:56 AM   #236
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydust View Post
I ordered a 64GB iphone 6 full price w/T-Mobile. I unlocked my ATT iphone 4s this morning and will switch to T-Mobile this afternoon after work so it will be an easier transition when I get the iphone 6 delivered.
Then you can probably sell the 4s to offset that full cost of the 64gb.

The 64gb 6 is $99 down on T-Mobile with the same payments I make now, so it may be a contender when I finally do upgrade. Think I'm going to wait a bit longer though, see if a MS 1030 is coming... I also want to be able to try the Z3, the Note 4, and the Note Edge, and see if T-Mobile picks up the Moto X.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2014, 09:08 AM   #237
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Ordered a 16gb slate grey 6 for my brother, delivery estimated 23rd thru 30th, and a 64gb 6+ in GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD for myself, delivery october 31st thru nov 11th....

If only I could have ordered at 3am like everyone else but my ****ing account is ****ed in typical AT&T fashion.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 09:31 AM   #238
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Almost pulled the trigger on an iPhone 6 Plus 16Gb with Verizon. But...gotta wait. Too many other things to buy this month. Sadness.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2014, 09:56 AM   #239
Omega53
Rage veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Almost pulled the trigger on an iPhone 6 Plus 16Gb with Verizon. But...gotta wait. Too many other things to buy this month. Sadness.
Save the extra $100 and get the 64GB version. Even if you dont use that much, it will help the resale value of the phone immensely
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:20 AM   #240
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I thought this board was filled with anti-apple people?

I'll be waiting to see how Android L pans out. I also want to see picture differences between the 6 and 6+ and how everyone is managing phones of those sizes with bezels of those sizes. The 6 is very similar to the Nexus 5 in physical dimensions but you get more screen with the Nexus then you do the iPhone.

Edit: I'm also interested in reviews of the Z3 compact.