Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 10, 2014, 08:32 AM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

If it doesn't have a GPS you're not going to be tracking anything without having your phone... Track steps maybe, but anything beyond that?

The UI is meh, Android's Wear UI is fantastic. Samsung doesn't need to copy Apple anymore, they are beating them all over the board. You're stuck 2 years in the past. Fitting since your phone will finally get features from 2 years ago.

Last edited by Elysian : Sep 10, 2014 at 08:39 AM.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 08:45 AM   #182
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
If it doesn't have a GPS you're not going to be tracking anything without having your phone... Track steps maybe, but anything beyond that?

The UI is meh, Android's Wear UI is fantastic. Samsung doesn't need to copy Apple anymore, they are beating them all over the board. You're stuck 2 years in the past. Fitting since your phone will finally get features from 2 years ago.
The difference is when Apple implements it, it actually works. Unlike like half assed Samsung Touch ID copy they tried to pull.

Samsung JUST copied the look of the of the 5S with the Galaxy Alpha.

You're reaching.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 08:46 AM   #183
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post

Microsoft will be out of the smartphone business before Apple.

Personally, I'll wait to ACTUAL launch before reserving judgement. I need to know about how The Watch works. It doesn't have a GPS, so I'm wondering how this will work when I use it for my fitness tracking. I need to be able to leave the i6+ in the car (because even carrying the 5S when running or working out is a PITA) while The Watch takes the measurements and records data. Also, I'm confused about the music app? Is there some connection for headphones so I don't have to have the phone on me?

The UI alone is so much better than what Android/Moto/Samsung tried to do. Mark my words - Samsung is now working on a Crown UI.
All signs indicate that as it stands, the watch merely relays data to your iPhone, and it doesn't operate on its own. I think the music app is just essentially a remote control for your iPhone.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 10, 2014, 08:47 AM   #184
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Good lord Razeus - how much is apple paying you?

That's a serious question by the way.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 08:51 AM   #185
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
All signs indicate that as it stands, the watch merely relays data to your iPhone, and it doesn't operate on its own. I think the music app is just essentially a remote control for your iPhone.
That's what I'm hearing on MacRumors. You still use your iPhone+earbuds, but use The Watch as a remote for the music app.

Carrying 2 devices to get a complete picture of my fitness stats and listen to music is going to be a deal breaker for me.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 08:55 AM   #186
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
The difference is when Apple implements it, it actually works. Unlike like half assed Samsung Touch ID copy they tried to pull.

Samsung JUST copied the look of the of the 5S with the Galaxy Alpha.

You're reaching.
If you think this looks like a 5S then I think you need to reexamine who is reaching

Old Sep 10, 2014, 08:56 AM   #187
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
That's what I'm hearing on MacRumors. You still use your iPhone+earbuds, but use The Watch as a remote for the music app.

Carrying 2 devices to get a complete picture of my fitness stats and listen to music is going to be a deal breaker for me.
I thought Apple was supposed to show everyone how it's done? Didn't you tell everyone that the other day in the Moto 360 thread? Looks pretty half-baked to me.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 09:04 AM   #188
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Softcard (formerly ISIS) bringing their pay system to iPhone:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/10/s...g-to-iphone-6/

Softcard is a good one to have, since they seem to be the most common mobile payment system.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 09:07 AM   #189
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I thought Apple was supposed to show everyone how it's done? Didn't you tell everyone that the other day in the Moto 360 thread? Looks pretty half-baked to me.
Well they did.
I mean The Watch has better screen tech, more resolution, better pixel density, more than just one size, the Crown powers the UI, heptic gestures, Siri, NFC Apple Pay, better battery life, better performance, and shear customization.

Sure if you're on Android, the Moto 360 is your watch as it's the best Android Wearable. But it doesn't beat The Watch.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 09:10 AM   #190
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Well they did.
I mean The Watch has better screen tech, more resolution, better pixel density, more than just one size, the Crown powers the UI, heptic gestures, Siri, NFC Apple Pay, better battery life, better performance, and shear customization.

Sure if you're on Android, the Moto 360 is your watch as it's the best Android Wearable. But it doesn't beat The Watch.
Siri sucks compared to Google Now, which the Moto 360 has. Better battery life and performance has yet to be seen, they didn't release any battery info. What customization does it offer over the 360? The 360 uses standard watch bands, last I checked there are a ****load more of those than the meager proprietary offerings Apple put out. Android Wear's Material based UI is far superior to a bunch of app icons. Apple Pay is about the only thing it's got, it's got no GPS so it's pointless as a fitness tracker (Moto 360's current version doesn't have GPS either, stupid, but other Wear devices do), it's HUGE, and it's just plain ugly. Not to mention it won't be out till 2015. You're spewing the merits of something that's already behind the pack without even being launched yet I can only imagine what will come out before this half-baked Watch actually launches. It's literally going to launch a generation behind the competition
Old Sep 10, 2014, 09:15 AM   #191
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Now I'm getting conflicting info, so again, we need to wait closer to actual launch:

Quote:
Apple told Re/code’s Ina Fried that the tracking of physical activity and the ability to listen to music will work without being tethered to the iPhone. What else can it do without a phone?
http://recode.net/2014/09/09/what-we...and-apple-pay/

Quote:
Siri sucks compared to Google Now, which the Moto 360 has. Better battery life and performance has yet to be seen, they didn't release any battery info. What customization does it offer over the 360? The 360 uses standard watch bands, last I checked there are a ****load more of those than the meager proprietary offerings Apple put out. Android Wear's Material based UI is far superior to a bunch of app icons. Apple Pay is about the only thing it's got, it's got no GPS so it's pointless as a fitness tracker (Moto 360's current version doesn't have GPS either, stupid, but other Wear devices do), it's HUGE, and it's just plain ugly. Not to mention it won't be out till 2015. You're spewing the merits of something that's already behind the pack without even being launched yet I can only imagine what will come out before this half-baked Watch actually launches. It's literally going to launch a generation behind the competition
It's pretty clear they where just announcing it to put "feelers" out and get feedback so they can make adjustments accordingly. The Watch is at least 5 months away.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 09:18 AM   #192
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Now I'm getting conflicting info, so again, we need to wait closer to actual launch:

http://recode.net/2014/09/09/what-we...and-apple-pay/

It's pretty clear they where just announcing it to put "feelers" out and get feedback so they can make adjustments accordingly. The Watch is at least 5 months away.
When was the last time they launched a product and put it out 5+ months later significantly revamped? It's pretty clear you're pulling excuses out of your ass.

And if it doesn't have GPS then it won't be able to track things like distance, or map out your run/bike ride. It'll be an expensive pedometer.

Last edited by Elysian : Sep 10, 2014 at 09:25 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 09:30 AM   #193
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
When was the last time they launched a product and put it out 5+ months later significantly revamped? It's pretty clear you're pulling excuses out of your ass.

And if it doesn't have GPS then it won't be able to track things like distance, or map out your run/bike ride. It'll be an expensive pedometer.
Nope. It'll be usability on the software side. I'm sure the hardware is pinned down at this point.

Again, we'll talk about this at launch. I'm off this subject for now.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 09:40 AM   #194
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwood View Post
I honestly thought this release might show bring something to the table that could sway me away from Android. Nothing there, very underwhelming.

My last, die hard Apple fan buddy also informed me he's finished with them. He's grabbing the Note 4, and my choice to try a WP is now written in stone.
Are you looking at the new 830/930 devices from the Lumia line?

Solid devices, great cameras, my only issue is the lack of Glance.

Quote:
Good lord Razeus - how much is apple paying you?

That's a serious question by the way.
Just put him on ignore. I was losing brain cells listening to the mindless drivel.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 09:54 AM   #195
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I am going to miss the integrated google now, that's for sure.

Raz is just ****ing hilarious though.
6 months ago he was all about the android phones and even up to a few weeks ago it seemed his fanboy-output was mediocre but the day Apple has their press event, it goes full retard, the needle pegs the stopper so hard it breaks off inside the gauge.

I don't know if you see yourself right now man but you are completely blinded, and it's a shame honestly. Don't be such a sheep.

The iphone 6 is a great device, i'll be preordering one for myself and my brother friday but to think it' the be-all and end-all of devices as well as everything else apple puts to market it just stupid and it makes you look like an idiot.

Unless you really are just trolling in which case, bravo, you had me convinced.

I said it earlier, and it seems with the tech sites panning the watch, it'll have a really low take rate and probably die on the vine. They should have focused it towards more of a fitness device and I bet consumers would actually be all for it, but trying to push it as some fashion statement upscale jewelry thing... uh no.
At least launch it as a fitness device and refine it into a jewelry thing over a couple generations instead of getting the immediate gag-reflex from seeing this ugly thing you're trying to push as a fashion statement.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 09:56 AM   #196
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Watching razeus run damage control is too much fun.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:24 AM   #197
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Anandtech seems to believe that the iPhone 6/6+ will have STILL only 1GB of RAM based on leaked geekbench scores and doing the numbers based on apples presentation to match up performance numbers.

This is pretty sad, hopefully Anand is wrong when the phone actually launches, but most likely not.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:31 AM   #198
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Anandtech seems to believe that the iPhone 6/6+ will have STILL only 1GB of RAM based on leaked geekbench scores and doing the numbers based on apples presentation to match up performance numbers.

This is pretty sad, hopefully Anand is wrong when the phone actually launches, but most likely not.
I am not sure why people think this matters.

Before the iphone had it's own "multitasking" this was an issue (original, 3g, 3gs) but later on in life when they had a way to sleep apps and free up ram it really hasn't been an issue. I have had a lot of iphones and in the most recent years I never felt like "Gee, this phone just needs more ram, it can't handle paging all this stuff I am doing on it right now."

I really don't think it's an issue with the way iOS works. Are you expecting to run battlefield on your phone?
Apple doesn't exactly allow any background tasks like facebook chat bubbles, homescreen widgets and other things that suck up ram and battery life.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:38 AM   #199
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I've run into ram issues on my phone(iP5) and I don't even keep apps open.... Being that they will displaying more on the plus you think they would scale up the ram a bit.

Regardless I'm getting the phone but disappointed with the suspected amount of ram. It could change once someone benches an official iP6/iP6+. Hopefully the tested device was a regular 6 and not the +.

Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:42 AM   #200
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

RAM is a non issue for Apple devices. I've never had an issue due "lack of RAM". When I had the Samsung S4, I felt it need more since it felt like such a clunky device. If anything it's a testament to Apple engineering that a 1GB iPhone runs faster than a 2GB Android.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:05 AM   #201
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
RAM is a non issue for Apple devices. I've never had an issue due "lack of RAM". When I had the Samsung S4, I felt it need more since it felt like such a clunky device. If anything it's a testament to Apple engineering that a 1GB iPhone runs faster than a 2GB Android.
Audio editing apps, which are so popular on iOS, including apps specifically for guitar, can benefit dramatically from more RAM. It's an issue for people who use those sorts of things. DAW's require a lot of RAM, as do amp simulators. To say it's a non-issue is to ignore a growing chunk of the market.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:17 AM   #202
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
I am not sure why people think this matters.

Before the iphone had it's own "multitasking" this was an issue (original, 3g, 3gs) but later on in life when they had a way to sleep apps and free up ram it really hasn't been an issue. I have had a lot of iphones and in the most recent years I never felt like "Gee, this phone just needs more ram, it can't handle paging all this stuff I am doing on it right now."

I really don't think it's an issue with the way iOS works. Are you expecting to run battlefield on your phone?
Apple doesn't exactly allow any background tasks like facebook chat bubbles, homescreen widgets and other things that suck up ram and battery life.
It matters because of what iOS is bringing to the table in terms of widgets and 3'rd party options such as keyboard. It matters due to multitasking and some of the new/additional features on the phone. It matters because as the ArsTechnica bit I quoted indicates, the 2x/3x scaling works fine, but beyond a point the performance hit is apparent. The developer they were talking to said the 6 and even the 5S seemed faster than the 6+ in some areas.

Memory management is great. A better SoC is great. More memory helps tremendously.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:32 AM   #203
logical
What is my purpose?

Default The Official Apple Event (September 2014) Thread

Quote:
That's a lie. I run into ram issues regularly. When iOS doesn't do it's thing properly or have enough ram apps just auto close when trying to open them. A restart fixes the problems but I shouldn't have to.

Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:02 PM   #204
Elysian
SCAATSJW

What if the smart watch was just a cylindrical device that could snap in to any base made by any company? Want your Apple Watch in a Rolex body? Buy the body. Have a standard shape for the device and compete via features... Could have contacts to allow expansion even... Maybe everyone is going about this smart watch thing the wrong way.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 02:14 PM   #205
bobvodka
Sleeping.

bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Maybe everyone is going about this smart watch thing the wrong way.
Maybe it's because I don't wear a watch and haven't for the better part of 20 years now but I don't see what they really bring to the table.

That said, the reason you wear a watch is for the time so that really should be the 'core' of the thing - if your time ability sucks then you've already failed as a watch.

Beyond that.. well, fitness is a big thing but for it to be useful you need stuff like GPS to be able to track away from a phone. At that point you are starting to bulk the device up.

Music also goes with that; while you are running and tracking you want something to listen to which means you either take your phone (which does remove the gps need) or throw a chuck of memory into it which bulks things and puts an increase in battery pressure as you'll be using Bluetooth to stream to headphones.

and that's before you even get to 'apps' which mean storage space.

I find myself wondering if, for a meaningful device, it is even possible right now to do a 'smart watch' with the state of technology. Batteries seem to weak, equipment and requirements seem too big..

Right now I'd almost argue for the best UX you need to drop most of the 'smart' ideas and just have it do a few core things well; tell the time, inform you of missed calls, messages and calender events and maybe act as a remote for music playing - on a day to day I can see that being the most useful set of functions.

But then again, I don't wear a watch so...
bobvodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 02:19 PM   #206
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobvodka View Post
Maybe it's because I don't wear a watch and haven't for the better part of 20 years now but I don't see what they really bring to the table.

That said, the reason you wear a watch is for the time so that really should be the 'core' of the thing - if your time ability sucks then you've already failed as a watch.

Beyond that.. well, fitness is a big thing but for it to be useful you need stuff like GPS to be able to track away from a phone. At that point you are starting to bulk the device up.

Music also goes with that; while you are running and tracking you want something to listen to which means you either take your phone (which does remove the gps need) or throw a chuck of memory into it which bulks things and puts an increase in battery pressure as you'll be using Bluetooth to stream to headphones.

and that's before you even get to 'apps' which mean storage space.

I find myself wondering if, for a meaningful device, it is even possible right now to do a 'smart watch' with the state of technology. Batteries seem to weak, equipment and requirements seem too big..

Right now I'd almost argue for the best UX you need to drop most of the 'smart' ideas and just have it do a few core things well; tell the time, inform you of missed calls, messages and calender events and maybe act as a remote for music playing - on a day to day I can see that being the most useful set of functions.

But then again, I don't wear a watch so...
Just feel like it needs to be more of a watch, not this miniaturized smartphone thing we're being given... A lot of people want their high end Rolex or Tag, why not give the people the ability to buy that separately?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 02:35 PM   #207
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

This whole watch thing is retarded. So I'm gonna wear some goofy ass watch instead of my very nice Seiko or Invicta?? Really??

Quote:
Your sheepness is showing. I've had RAM issues on my iPhones plenty of times.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 03:18 PM   #208
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Re: RAM issues...
While I've encountered them with the iphone, it handles them far better than Android I think. Android you have to constantly close apps to keep the device running smooth. IOS? Not so much. I can have every app I own open, and it does pretty good. (Different level of multitasking true, but ultimately usability is more important than having every app I used in the past two weeks still running in the background).

That said, looks like my next phone will be an android, I'll hang on to my 5 for awhile longer though, it works great and I have no need to upgrade right now.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 03:19 PM   #209
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
choice to try a WP is now written in stone.
Come join us in eternal love!
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 03:25 PM   #210
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
Re: RAM issues...
While I've encountered them with the iphone, it handles them far better than Android I think. Android you have to constantly close apps to keep the device running smooth. IOS? Not so much. I can have every app I own open, and it does pretty good. (Different level of multitasking true, but ultimately usability is more important than having every app I used in the past two weeks still running in the background).

That said, looks like my next phone will be an android, I'll hang on to my 5 for awhile longer though, it works great and I have no need to upgrade right now.
I don't ever have to close apps on my Z1s. Didn't on my GS4 either.