Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 9, 2014, 05:02 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Just watch how far NFC payments go after Apple takes off. Give it a year. We bring actual real world users to the market.
How's it going back there in Hickville? Over here in the future we'd had NFC payments for YEARS
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 05:54 PM   #152
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 07:44 PM   #153
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Just wanted to chime in with, wow everything they talked about today sucks.

Outside of a fresher ecosystem, I don't see the relevance of the iOS platform and hardware anymore.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 9, 2014, 07:55 PM   #154
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
It must be a pretty terrible Apple product if Engadget is panning it. They normally have a love affair with anything Apple.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 08:26 PM   #155
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
It must be a pretty terrible Apple product if Engadget is panning it. They normally have a love affair with anything Apple.
Phonearena wrote 67 articles about apple today... tech sites are getting just ridiculous with sucking off apple.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 08:47 PM   #156
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Saw some hands on videos and the backs of some of the demos are already looking scratched up.

The 6+ seems to be the only really compelling phone because of the additional options available in landscape v/s portrait (some iPad-esque flourishes to make it easier to use). not sure why you can't go 5 icons wide on the bigger screen. Nope, stuck with 4, but hey, you get an extra row now.

The single handed option, by the way, one of the most retarded things I have ever seen. Who signed off on this? Samsung gives you the option of doing many things for single handed mode, including moving your screen to be a slightly smaller version on the left or right as needed. Apple? They give you half a screen with the same width. How is this in any way useful?

The watch also brings nothing to the market. While on the phone side, you can say the camera is a bit better and the operating system will yield some benefits, the watch seems like a lot of "me too". Neither the form factor, nor the features, nor the OS bring anything to the table. Android Wear already seems more intuitive and logical than some of the things demoed on the watch. And WHY go with proprietary strap mount points? Everyone else in the world is going with standardized pins to allow the user to customize. Apple goes proprietary, as per usual.

The 5 was pretty meh, the 5S was pretty meh apart from the finger-print scanner. These new products... I just don't get it. Apple spent tons of money on some of the best minds in the industry. And this is what the best they can come up with?

As I said in an earlier post, this seems to be all about iOS8 having to be the difference maker, and even that was basically play catch up.

-edit-

Last edited by Sazar : Sep 9, 2014 at 09:12 PM.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 09:09 PM   #157
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
If the companies install NFC payment methods, it doesn't necessarily have to tie in to one or the other platform only. If it does, than a multi-pay platform may end up making more money.

The goal is, once NFC adoption rates go up, more products will be available.

And it goes beyond that. NFC is available for a lot of products on the market right now. Heck my tablet supports it and it's awesome.

In the US, there is no question there is a massive market for Apple and it is THAT market that will help out.

It is unfortunate that innovation is sometimes stymied as the market "waits", but c'est la vie. For better or worse.

As an aside, the Watch has inductive charging, through contact. Not sure if it uses Qi-esque properties, but does this mean that in the next year or two, there may be more wide-spread support for Qi or other wireless standard from Apple? New Qi standards are forthcoming and are significantly more friendly to multiple devices.

like the rfid credit cards how long before its hacked
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 09:13 PM   #158
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

like the rfid credit cards how long before its hacked
NFC is fairly secure. The NF part of it is the main part of the security, but there are many other layers, and I am expecting Apple will not do anything to undermine that security, especially after the iCloud stuff.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 09:22 PM   #159
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Btw, a cool tool.

You can add a phone in grouping 3 and then recalibrate, and you'll see the relative sizes of the devices. Oddly enough they don't show the little camera bump on the back of the new phones.

So basically the Nexus 5 is about the same size as the iPhone 6.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/App...ones/8346,8148

And the iPhone 6 Plus is about the same size as the Note 4.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/App...ones/8346,8577

I have been liking the Z3 quite a bit and it seems to notch in right between the two new phones:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/App...ones/8346,8764
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:18 PM   #160
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Looks fantastic. Did they announce iPad mini?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:28 PM   #161
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

The start of the end for Apple? Nothing I've seen thus far made me go "Ah! That is a much slicker implementation of X" or "Ah! Finally someone combined X & Y and didn't make it suck".

What did I miss? Seriously, where was the rocking feature, implementation or combination?

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:41 PM   #162
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

The single handed option, by the way, one of the most retarded things I have ever seen. Who signed off on this? Samsung gives you the option of doing many things for single handed mode, including moving your screen to be a slightly smaller version on the left or right as needed. Apple? They give you half a screen with the same width. How is this in any way useful?
Thought the same exact thing.

Love those info graphics.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:47 PM   #163
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Btw, a cool tool.

You can add a phone in grouping 3 and then recalibrate, and you'll see the relative sizes of the devices. Oddly enough they don't show the little camera bump on the back of the new phones.

So basically the Nexus 5 is about the same size as the iPhone 6.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/App...ones/8346,8148

And the iPhone 6 Plus is about the same size as the Note 4.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/App...ones/8346,8577

I have been liking the Z3 quite a bit and it seems to notch in right between the two new phones:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/App...ones/8346,8764
That's a nice tool.

I am planning to get a Z3 this fall. If I had a choice, I would get the Z3 compact, but with things are what they are, the normal Z3 seems like the next best option. IMO, the iPhone 6 is just about the perfect external dimensions, but there is zero chance of me ever getting an iPhone.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:01 AM   #164
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
The start of the end for Apple? Nothing I've seen thus far made me go "Ah! That is a much slicker implementation of X" or "Ah! Finally someone combined X & Y and didn't make it suck".
Look at the amount of media dedicated to the event and the endless fawning

Apple is going to be fine. Not one other company gets as much free positive publicity without having to pay for it.

Look at the reaction to the watch v/s the reaction to other watches that have been released with similar materials, but a more mature OS... and one that's actually in people's hands. Similarly, see the reaction to the phones v/s what the reaction was to other devices with similar sizes.

Now, for the positives. It looks like the camera has been tweaked and improved further and finally OIS has been implemented for the phone. Unfortunately OIS only seems to be available on the larger device, but it's a start.

The 6 really should have had OIS as well, because from what the developers are saying, the resolution of rendering for the Plus is actually higher than 1080p by a few pixels, and then it is scaled back down. From in-hand testing from some folks talking about the overhead of this scaling, the 6 Plus seems to be a touch slower than the 6.

It makes some sense, but why not juice the processor in the larger device (with theoretically better thermal dissipation) in order to compensate?

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/09...at-big-phones/

The 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus looks and feels much bigger, and it's harder to hold one-handed. It has a 1080p display, though sleuthing from developer Steve Troughton-Smith has already discovered that these images are actually being rendered at 2208×1242 and downscaled to 1080p. The phone uses a new “3x” graphics mode that calls for assets three times the resolution they would have been on a standard iPhone. Apple used the same method to avoid scaling problems when moving from standard displays to “Retina” displays (2x mode).

We didn’t see any visible blurriness as a result of this scaling, though some UI animations and transitions seemed to be a little choppier than they are on the iPhone 6 or our iPhone 5S—we’ll need to wait for our full review to see just how the A8 chip handles the resolution change. On-screen buttons and other elements on the 6 Plus are a little larger than they are on the 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
That's a nice tool.

I am planning to get a Z3 this fall. If I had a choice, I would get the Z3 compact, but with things are what they are, the normal Z3 seems like the next best option. IMO, the iPhone 6 is just about the perfect external dimensions, but there is zero chance of me ever getting an iPhone.
Why not consider something like the Nexus 5 or the Moto X? They are the same size as the iPhone 6, but have the same or better specs all around. Also, there is nothing inherently wrong with an iPhone. The new products are not bad phones in and off themselves. They do have some decent features and will be compelling products given the variety of promotions being bandied by Verizon and Sprint.

My issue with Apple and their products, at least over the past 3 years, has primarily been a technical one (hardware and OS, though the latter has been addressed significantly with iOS8), as well as holding back innovation by lagged implementation of features that should have been mainstream years ago.

A GOOD product deserves AMAZING press.

A decent product does not.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:07 AM   #165
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
How's it going back there in Hickville? Over here in the future we'd had NFC payments for YEARS
You guys have ridiculously fast internet for cheap too.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:09 AM   #166
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Just wanted to chime in with, wow everything they talked about today sucks.

Outside of a fresher ecosystem, I don't see the relevance of the iOS platform and hardware anymore.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:10 AM   #167
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Saw some hands on videos and the backs of some of the demos are already looking scratched up.

The 6+ seems to be the only really compelling phone because of the additional options available in landscape v/s portrait (some iPad-esque flourishes to make it easier to use). not sure why you can't go 5 icons wide on the bigger screen. Nope, stuck with 4, but hey, you get an extra row now.

[/IMG]

Have you actually used it?

Oh, and let's not forget, the Apple Watch is still in the works.

But haters gonna hate.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:21 AM   #168
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Have you actually used it?
Have you? There's plenty of videos out there of the product. Most of the leaks of the product hardware have held up, except for all the pipe dreams of cold-pressed latinum devices for everyone to use.

The proof is easily available for everyone.

But, if THIS is the standard you want to use, I guess you will never be saying anything about any other product ever again in any threads?

Quote:
Oh, and let's not forget, the Apple Watch is still in the works.
The way it was announced and has been discussed makes it seem that it isn't. Let's not forget that little tidbit

Quote:
But haters gonna hate.
Rock on with your epic year of trolling Raz.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:27 AM   #169
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Have you? There's plenty of videos out there of the product. Most of the leaks of the product hardware have held up, except for all the pipe dreams of cold-pressed latinum devices for everyone to use.

The proof is easily available for everyone.

But, if THIS is the standard you want to use, I guess you will never be saying anything about any other product ever again in any threads?

The way it was announced and has been discussed makes it seem that it isn't. Let's not forget that little tidbit

Rock on with your epic year of trolling Raz.
You mean besides the fact it's still a good 6 months away? Come on man. This move was obviously released for reactions and get feedback to do some tweaking on the final product.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:30 AM   #170
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

wow the watch is as ugly as all other watches....
I really thought apple would be different as they care alot about design.
I dont think Steve would ever approve of that crap look

I was expecting something likes this for the watch:

The iphone is awesome and Im getting the 4.7" 64gb version

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood

Last edited by badboy : Sep 10, 2014 at 12:35 AM.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:46 AM   #171
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Look at the amount of media dedicated to the event and the endless fawning

Apple is going to be fine. Not one other company gets as much free positive publicity without having to pay for it.

Look at the reaction to the watch v/s the reaction to other watches that have been released with similar materials, but a more mature OS... and one that's actually in people's hands. Similarly, see the reaction to the phones v/s what the reaction was to other devices with similar sizes.

Now, for the positives. It looks like the camera has been tweaked and improved further and finally OIS has been implemented for the phone. Unfortunately OIS only seems to be available on the larger device, but it's a start.

The 6 really should have had OIS as well, because from what the developers are saying, the resolution of rendering for the Plus is actually higher than 1080p by a few pixels, and then it is scaled back down. From in-hand testing from some folks talking about the overhead of this scaling, the 6 Plus seems to be a touch slower than the 6.

It makes some sense, but why not juice the processor in the larger device (with theoretically better thermal dissipation) in order to compensate?
I said the beginning. None of this felt very Apple-esc to me. Just a big media "Me too" or "finally". I hope I'm wrong, because even if they are not my favorite company they help push things forward. None of this, none of it, was even compellingly better than what Android or competitors are already doing? What was?

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:51 AM   #172
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

If this is the direction Apple is taking I can see them going down in less than 5 years. Ugliest iPhone to date; absolutely no innovation to speak of. No chance my next phone is going to be from Apple if they continue this trend of relying on technology made popular by Google.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:57 AM   #173
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
I said the beginning. None of this felt very Apple-esc to me. Just a big media "Me too" or "finally". I hope I'm wrong, because even if they are not my favorite company they help push things forward. None of this, none of it, was better than what Android or competitors where doing.
I posted earlier in the thread and I'll bring it up again.

Taking a look at the products released over the last few years on the phone front, what has truly stood out?

In my mind, the iPhone 4 was the last real WOW product from Apple there. The first high res screen, even if it was only 3.5", it led from the forefront. I still use my old and trusty iPhone 4 in my car as a media player.

Since then... we have had the 4S, the 5, the 5C, the 5S, and now the 6/6 plus.

Users have (or will have) gained, since the iPhone 4, 2 extra rows of icons, a better camera, a finger-print reader, and 64-bit procs.

Of those things, the camera enhancements are solid, the finger-print reader is solid, the 64-bit processor part is solid. These 3 things in the past several years can be said to stand out and compete with the market or lead in their respective areas.

That is 3 things.

Apple is behind in terms of functionality such as a legacy button, no on screen navigation like Android/Windows Phone, leading to the Frankensteined "one handed mode". Such as relatively low PPI and massive bezels compared to the competition. Such as lack of wireless charging. Such as lack of fast-charge like capabilities. Such as glance/tap to wake features. Such as limited voice capabilities in hands-free mode.

Some of these things have been done by the competition for 2-3 years already. They would be PERFECT in an Apple environment because of the massively improved user experience. Apple has it's own fit and finish and could easily be best of breed.

But it is about maximizing profits by milking the users and continuing to string them along for another year. That is not innovating.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 01:15 AM   #174
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

what's new in it ?

new as in no one has done anything like it, other than the near 1k price for 128gb plus

camera still sucks
and still no card slot, but that might interfere with 128gb 1k sales if you could use a 100 buck 128gb micro sd card on a still over priced 16gb one

apple died with jobs the company is just a zombie now

as for ios 8 is it going to kill my ipad 2 ?
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 02:34 AM   #175
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

You know, this thread, Twitter and other places always remind me of:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=500

Hmm, how did that product fare?

Also much more interesting thing is Swift. I don't care about the Apple phones or Pads but Swift as a language sounds extremely interesting.

Last edited by daPhoenix : Sep 10, 2014 at 03:05 AM.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 06:53 AM   #176
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I honestly thought this release might show bring something to the table that could sway me away from Android. Nothing there, very underwhelming.

My last, die hard Apple fan buddy also informed me he's finished with them. He's grabbing the Note 4, and my choice to try a WP is now written in stone.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2014, 06:55 AM   #177
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Looks fantastic. Did they announce iPad mini?
Yeah but it's called the iPhone 6+ now.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 07:06 AM   #178
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
If this is the direction Apple is taking I can see them going down in less than 5 years. Ugliest iPhone to date; absolutely no innovation to speak of. No chance my next phone is going to be from Apple if they continue this trend of relying on technology made popular by Google.
I don't think that's accurate. If anything, they are sitting on too much money and their App Store will prevent a collapse. At worst, it would be a very slow decline, not unlike Microsoft and even then MSFT was making money still, a "down turn" for Apple would go the same way. Everything will go in cycles with technology and it's probably best that it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
what's new in it ?

new as in no one has done anything like it, other than the near 1k price for 128gb plus

camera still sucks
and still no card slot, but that might interfere with 128gb 1k sales if you could use a 100 buck 128gb micro sd card on a still over priced 16gb one

apple died with jobs the company is just a zombie now

as for ios 8 is it going to kill my ipad 2 ?
Camera definitely doesn't suck. Not sure if Apple died with Jobs, they hit stock and money records without him. Jobs was also removed from Apple, I think twice before the iPhone existed.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 08:02 AM   #179
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Hey look, I found the inspiration for the Watch:

Old Sep 10, 2014, 08:25 AM   #180
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

Microsoft will be out of the smartphone business before Apple.

Personally, I'll wait to ACTUAL launch before reserving judgement. I need to know about how The Watch works. It doesn't have a GPS, so I'm wondering how this will work when I use it for my fitness tracking. I need to be able to leave the i6+ in the car (because even carrying the 5S when running or working out is a PITA) while The Watch takes the measurements and records data. Also, I'm confused about the music app? Is there some connection for headphones so I don't have to have the phone on me?

The UI alone is so much better than what Android/Moto/Samsung tried to do. Mark my words - Samsung is now working on a Crown UI.