Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:16 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Watch and not iWatch?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:17 PM   #92
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
The Moto 360 doesn't even come close to the Apple Watch's capabilities and customization. It's over for Motorola and Samsung. Back to the drawing boards for those guys.
The Moto 360 has one of the most important features. It doesn't look like it was designed by an 8 year old.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:18 PM   #93
lazyx
Radeon Southern Islands

lazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete stranger

IMO iwatch is way to gaudy for me.
lazyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:18 PM   #94
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

In before Apple trademarks the name "watch"...

On a serious note, this seems too thick.

Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:19 PM   #95
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Like what? I just went through the Engadget feed and I don't see anything there the 360 doesn't do.
The Apple Watch and Moto 360 comparisons are coming.

Quote:
The Moto 360 has one of the most important features. It doesn't look like it was designed by an 8 year old.
I guess you totally missed the point of how you can change the faces and bands to make it as mature or childish as you'd want it.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:21 PM   #96
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
The Apple Watch and Moto 360 comparisons are coming.

I guess you totally missed the point of how you can change the faces and bands to make it as mature or childish as you'd want it.
You can't change that shitty first gen iPhone rounded design. You've gone full retard over the new Newton
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:31 PM   #97
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

As usual, Apple demo looks great but I'm not sure how much real world application some of that has for me. It's implementation of certain things do appear superior to Android Wear, currently.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:33 PM   #98
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX View Post
As usual, Apple demo looks great but I'm not sure how much real world application some of that has for me. It's implementation of certain things do appear superior to Android Wear, currently.
You don't want to send your heartbeat in real time to your contacts?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:34 PM   #99
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I don't see an iwatch having mainstream appeal. It'll probably have a small take rate and that's about it. Maybe when they make it look more like an adults watch and less like something you'd find in a happy meal or the nike watch display at dicks.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:34 PM   #100
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
It's the perfect feature for an overprotective mother. The best way to ensure your kid is still alive.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:38 PM   #101
Ryan45
Radeon Northern Islands

Ryan45 is still being judged by the masses

Do you have to have your phone on you in order for it to work? The fitness stuff sounds good, but would i need to run with my IPhone and the watch? Doesn't make much sense.
Ryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:38 PM   #102
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Ha, no, not really. The biggest thing is just that the watch is too thick. This might be something I revisit in a couple generations when its slimmed down.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:42 PM   #103
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Apple Watch (not iWatch) is $349 and available early 2015 so not available yet. So this was a product launch-to-press-release for now.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:42 PM   #104
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

$349!!! HAHA THEY ARE CRAZY
Omega53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:43 PM   #105
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Gonna be great when my friends see my heart rate bump up to seriously levels when I'm plowing my wife late at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
It's the perfect feature for an overprotective mother. The best way to ensure your kid is still alive.
Gonna be great when my daughter grows up and I see her heart rate bump up to serious levels when her boyfriend is plowing her.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:43 PM   #106
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

We are having a big laugh today in the office
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:44 PM   #107
lazyx
Radeon Southern Islands

lazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete stranger

"Apple Watch requires iPhone, because it's been designed to work together" and the price+ugly design.....no thanks.
lazyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:44 PM   #108
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Moto 360 at $249 seems like a steal now.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:46 PM   #109
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
Gonna be great when my friends see my heart rate bump up to seriously levels when I'm plowing my wife late at night.

Gonna be great when my daughter grows up and I see her heart rate bump up to serious levels when her boyfriend is plowing her.

!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:51 PM   #110
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Did I miss when I could pre order the iPhone 6+?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:51 PM   #111
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Getting the 6+ 64gb

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:52 PM   #112
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
12th I think
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:52 PM   #113
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post

LOL omg Allexxis wtf
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:53 PM   #114
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

Quote:
9/12, ships 9/19

Do they ever mention the MSRP of the iPhones? They appear to have not mentioned it.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:54 PM   #115
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
$299 for a 16gb phone kind of sucks, even with a 5.5" screen...
Pretty much. It's only .2" bigger then my GS5 and $100 more with no expandable storage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
/sigh...

Looks like this might be the year I switch teams.
Do it. I did it in April and haven't looked back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chigger_ns View Post
See the app bubble interface. They stole that from a jail break
They steal everything from Jailbreaks. The notification center is apple's shitty version of LockInfo.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:59 PM   #116
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
9/12, ships 9/19

Do they ever mention the MSRP of the iPhones? They appear to have not mentioned it.
For the basic 6, 16GB ($199), 64GB ($299), 128GB ($399).

For the 6+ 16GB ($299), 64GB ($399), 128GB ($499).

I'm guessing, add $450 to each of those prices.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 02:01 PM   #117
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Free U2 album out now for download.

WTF was the what white boarded up building for? Red herring?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 02:02 PM   #118
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
Pretty much. It's only .2" bigger then my GS5 and $100 more with no expandable storage.

S5 is a 5.1" display not 5.3" so it's .4" bigger.

Personally want to see a side by side of the 6+ and the G3. I bet it's massive in comparison.

Btw watch is $349 and if you don't like the band you have to buy an apple approved replacement. It's not a standard band like another brands watches.

The entire announcement came off as a "me too" announcement. They did not show anything that the android OEMs haven't been already doing.

Sent from my overpriced iPad using Tapatalk
Old Sep 9, 2014, 02:03 PM   #119
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

I like how the mention $349 and don't say crap about the other styles...haha. I guess they'll hold another special media event early next year for official launch.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 02:06 PM   #120
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

brb, as I dig up more info on the 6+ camera, OIS, and image CPU.