Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:53 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
That was what I was saying above. Picking 16GB base and a 64GB second tier on a premium device is pretty shitty. They should have changed their base to 32GB.
I was for sure it was going to do this. I think the cost difference in the 16 and 32 is like $5 to Apple. Bizarre this is their tiers.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:55 PM   #62
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
I was for sure it was going to do this. I think the cost difference in the 16 and 32 is like $5 to Apple. Bizarre this is their tiers.
Unless the MSRP of the 64gb device isn't completely outrageous I can't see me getting one purely because of this.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:57 PM   #63
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I don't understand how Apple gets away with all these things. Like their pay service and all these automatically tied in services. If Microsoft did any of this it would be an instant anti-trust lawsuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Unless the MSRP of the 64gb device isn't completely outrageous I can't see me getting one purely because of this.
I have a feeling it will be pretty steep.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:59 PM   #64
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yay now we get to have people fiddle with watches all day...
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:00 PM   #65
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

gross. you will have to pry my tag from my cold dead hands.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:00 PM   #66
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:01 PM   #67
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

could it be any uglier?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:01 PM   #68
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
gross. you will have to pry my tag from my cold dead hands.
I'll wear tag on special outings. Apple Watch for my daily driver.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:02 PM   #69
lazyx
Radeon Southern Islands

lazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Smart watch no thanks. Oh that thing is ugly as hell.
lazyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:02 PM   #70
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

That's the watch everyone has been hyping? It looks terrible
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:02 PM   #71
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:03 PM   #72
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

/sigh...

Looks like this might be the year I switch teams.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:03 PM   #73
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
My tag is a daily driver. When I am a little better set off I'll get something like a grand carrera.

That thing looks like a kids toy though honestly.

You can switch the bands around all you want, it still looks like a little square pill. Yuck.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:04 PM   #74
monkeydust
Radeon Arctic Islands

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

Reminds me of my Casio calculator watch I had in the 80's.
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX case
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:05 PM   #75
chigger_ns
Do the Xmas Cart-moon

chigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultychigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

See the app bubble interface. They stole that from a jail break
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:06 PM   #76
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It seems pretty thick compared to the moto 360
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:06 PM   #77
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Your poor wrist. What has it ever done to you?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:07 PM   #78
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX View Post
It seems pretty thick compared to the moto 360
It seems pretty terribly designed compared to the Moto 360 I thought Apple was supposed to school everyone
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:08 PM   #79
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

PLEASE tell me the watch has a heart rate monitor included.

edit: and it does.

Give me a price!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:09 PM   #80
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Sure hope that screen is sapphire. I can see a lot of broken screens in the future if not.

Sapphire is killer though, still haven't seen even a fine scratch on my tag yet where my citizen and porsche watch have quite a few with just a glass crystal.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:09 PM   #81
monkeydust
Radeon Arctic Islands

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I've been wondering how the blood pressure measurements would happen (I need to monitor mine). If you need another device, what device is it?
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX case
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:09 PM   #82
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
I'm assuming it is considering all the lense looking things on the back side of the watch.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:10 PM   #83
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
It seems pretty terribly designed compared to the Moto 360 I thought Apple was supposed to school everyone
This has and does SOOOOO much more than the 360. Are you paying attention?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:10 PM   #84
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

Quote:
Sure hope that screen is sapphire. I can see a lot of broken screens in the future if not.

Sapphire is killer though, still haven't seen even a fine scratch on my tag yet where my citizen and porsche watch have quite a few with just a glass crystal.
Yea it's sapphire, they said it earlier according to the engadget live stream.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:13 PM   #85
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:

edit: and it does.

Give me a price!
I wasn't aware I need a heartrate monitor 24/7. I don't have a heart condition or need a pacemaker so I don't see the point.

As a fitness device... yeah it's got a lot of nice features and I might use one for that, but everyday use? Nah, I'd rather be caught wearing google glasses.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:13 PM   #86
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

The Moto 360 doesn't even come close to the Apple Watch's capabilities and customization. It's over for Motorola and Samsung. Back to the drawing boards for those guys.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:13 PM   #87
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I wasn't aware I need a heartrate monitor 24/7. I don't have a heart condition or need a pacemaker so I don't see the point.

As a fitness device... yeah it's got a lot of nice features and I might use one for that, but everyday use? Nah, I'd rather be caught wearing google glasses.
It's customization. You can turn off/on features you need when you need them.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:14 PM   #88
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
This has and does SOOOOO much more than the 360. Are you paying attention?
Like what? I just went through the Engadget feed and I don't see anything there the 360 doesn't do.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:14 PM   #89
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Now tell me how does it play music via headphones when I'm working out!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 01:15 PM   #90
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

LOL an 18k gold edition...