Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jul 31, 2014, 05:14 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX View Post
Not what I was referencing....
What were you referencing....
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2014, 09:01 PM   #182
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

ITS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2014, 06:54 AM   #183
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Those hideous "straps" on the back. :barf:
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 1, 2014, 07:58 AM   #184
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Apple can't risk another antennagate
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2014, 02:29 AM   #185
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

1) Hate the rounded look.

2) No expandable memory.

3) Plastic body...

4) Stripes on back.

5) And it's 4.7" yet no thinner bevels.

.....somewhat disappointing, I may skip this upgrade.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2014, 03:59 AM   #186
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Yeah but that's an Android phone pretending to be an iPhone...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2014, 07:06 AM   #187
Rockshocker
Rage3D Veteran

Rockshocker is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
1)
3) Plastic body...

Oh please don't tell me it's a plastic body ahhhh noooooo

I like the new design and will probably pick one up.
Rockshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2014, 11:29 AM   #188
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Which has me thinking... Are all of these so called leaked images and info actually from the real iphone6 or just from these knocknoffs? It will be interesting to see what apple does seeing that they usually dont care what the industry is doing.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 05:51 PM   #189
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockshocker View Post
Oh please don't tell me it's a plastic body ahhhh noooooo

I like the new design and will probably pick one up.
I always liked the feel of the metal casing with it's harder edges, feels more masculine. I don't see why Apple would change from that, it's been their trademark feel/look for several generations now. If it is going to be plastic then it better at least be that self-healing plastic like HTC had.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
Old Aug 3, 2014, 06:39 PM   #190
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Uncomfortable hard edges feel more masculine Nothing says masculinity like owning a tiny phone that hurts to hold
Old Aug 3, 2014, 06:48 PM   #191
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
I may skip this upgrade.

That's what you said last time.

Old Aug 3, 2014, 06:59 PM   #192
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Which has me thinking... Are all of these so called leaked images and info actually from the real iphone6 or just from these knocknoffs? It will be interesting to see what apple does seeing that they usually dont care what the industry is doing.
They seem to be mock-ups and some are allegedly demo parts or dummies used for things like accessory design validation and so forth.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 09:30 PM   #193
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Ahh gotcha.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 03:26 PM   #194
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
What were you referencing....
He joined an ecosystem that features in large part services that know what you're doing, when, on what day and gives you information on things from your past, present and potential future based on previous and current behavior. Resistance is futile.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 03:45 PM   #195
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX View Post
He joined an ecosystem that features in large part services that know what you're doing, when, on what day and gives you information on things from your past, present and potential future based on previous and current behavior. Resistance is futile.
You are looking at one aspect. Freedom, customizability, options, these are massive parts of what is available to someone on Android, if they choose to go down that route.

Apple and Microsoft also gather information and try and provide you customized info, Google simply does it better. But in all cases, you have options to step away and cut off that data gathering.

But, iTunes remains a bitch regardless of what you do.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 02:08 AM   #196
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sapphire screens a go:
http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...pphire-screens

And reversible USB too, hoping this goes to computers soon:
http://techcrunch.com/2014/08/17/rev...e-new-feature/

And September 9th date looks likely:
http://www.christianpost.com/news/ip...sept-9-124921/

Old Aug 18, 2014, 05:58 AM   #197
monkeydust
Radeon Arctic Islands

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

1GB RAM in iPhone 6
http://www.macrumors.com/2014/08/18/...matic-1gb-ram/

1810 mAh battery
http://www.macrumors.com/2014/08/16/...e-6-batteries/

Both of those items are a bit disappointing if true. My iPhone 4s won't make it through the day on a single charge which kinda sucks when I'm on-call and my battery dies. Was hoping they'd stick a much larger battery in there to address some of the "wall hugger" concerns. This is probably one of the reasons why so many companies have gone to much larger phones, so they could hold much larger batteries.
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX case
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2014, 06:44 AM   #198
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydust View Post
1GB RAM in iPhone 6

1810 mAh battery

Both of those items are a bit disappointing if true. My iPhone 4s won't make it through the day on a single charge which kinda sucks when I'm on-call and my battery dies. Was hoping they'd stick a much larger battery in there to address some of the "wall hugger" concerns. This is probably one of the reasons why so many companies have gone to much larger phones, so they could hold much larger batteries.
I think it's been established that the OS and system energy management is a bigger piece of the pie than pure specs. For example, specs needed for Android don't translate to iOS, and iOS specs don't translate to WP8.x

They are a good guide, but not a set in stone set of standards if you will.

If the display is sub 1080p, and given how iOS handles multitasking, that battery may suffice. It should not be worse than the 5/5s.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 07:10 AM   #199
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
1GB RAM in iPhone 6

1810 mAh battery

I think it's been established that the OS and system energy management is a bigger piece of the pie than pure specs. For example, specs needed for Android don't translate to iOS, and iOS specs don't translate to WP8.x

They are a good guide, but not a set in stone set of standards if you will.

If the display is sub 1080p, and given how iOS handles multitasking, that battery may suffice. It should not be worse than the 5/5s.

Bigger phones are, in my opinion, a bit like trucks. You can put a few more things in there and get a bigger screen and battery, but it typically yields a higher profit margin for less work.

Something like a Nexus 5 works because they put so much in there. Same with some iPhones and similar smaller devices (Moto X). The notes and G2/G3 phones work well because they have so many things in there as well (extra RAM), but I am not a fan of ginormous devices per-se.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 02:09 PM   #200
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

1GB of ram, FAIL if true.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2014, 08:43 PM   #201
Rockshocker
Rage3D Veteran

Rockshocker is still being judged by the masses

Marketers sure know how to make me want to spend money!
Rockshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2014, 06:00 AM   #202
monkeydust
Radeon Arctic Islands

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Update 7:19 AM: As noted in our forums, the schematic's references DDR and NAND suggests that it more likely refers to some aspect of the device's flash memory rather than DRAM included within the A8 chip.
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX case
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2014, 01:49 AM   #203
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

I'd think it'll have at least 1.5/2gb but even so this appears to be a BIT disappointing. May wait another generation.

Old Aug 20, 2014, 08:46 AM   #204
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
I'd think it'll have at least 1.5/2gb but even so this appears to be a BIT disappointing. May wait another generation.

No you won't.

As an aside, I can't wait for the number of posts about how amazing a bigger screen is to flood the interwebs.

Old Aug 20, 2014, 08:50 AM   #205
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
As an aside, I can't wait for the number of posts about how amazing a bigger screen is to flood the interwebs.
I can't hear you over the awesomeness of my 1520
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2014, 08:52 AM   #206
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:

No you won't.

Apple perfected it with the perfect bezel to screen size ratio. 40% bezel, 60% screen just translates so well.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 02:09 PM   #207
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I'm upgrading to the larger screen iPhone 6 as soon as I can. I'm done with the Note 3.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2014, 03:02 PM   #208
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I'm upgrading to the larger screen iPhone 6 as soon as I can. I'm done with the Note 3.
You were saying how awesome the note 3 was. What's wrong with it now?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 03:39 PM   #209
Kovster
SV650s

Kovster is still being judged by the masses

I kinda want that iOS skin for my android phone, kinda looks neat.

Would REALLY throw people off as well.
Kovster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2014, 05:02 PM   #210
lazyx
Radeon Southern Islands

lazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
ITS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

When iphone6 come's out, a lot of people will get ripped off on craigslist.
lazyx is offline   Reply With Quote