Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jul 10, 2014, 03:27 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
Very true, but honestly, my iPhone 5s takes amazing picturs already. I don't see Lumia pictures and immediately go ape **** on how crappy my pics are compared to theirs.

It's really good enough for a majority of users.
Lumia's take great shots, unfortunately that shutter speed is something awful on most ive used.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2014, 04:07 PM   #152
SteadVéx
Radeon Sea Islands

SteadVéx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySteadVéx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Very true, but honestly, my iPhone 5s takes amazing picturs already. I don't see Lumia pictures and immediately go ape **** on how crappy my pics are compared to theirs.

I've had a few friends with iphones quietly praise the 920 after seeing its night shots...then quickly point out there phone is good enough, but before they saw it they raved about how their iphones are the best at photos

but apart from dark photos I agree, the iPhone is good enough in its current state, took a long bloody time to get there tho
SteadVéx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2014, 05:40 PM   #153
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

Most phones take amazing pictures already.

All of them are passable and have enough settings to really do wonders.

With Android L, the sheer amount of control you'll have over your phone's camera is going to border on the insane, for example.

Higher end Lumia's are still the best cameras on phones, all around, but plenty of camera's are good enough.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 10, 2014, 05:59 PM   #154
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

I just took a exacto knife to my screen (Nx5) and an older Samsung Fascinate, no scratches. It feels like its scratching but I see no marks. I went in circles and in X's in a top corner on my screen and in the middle on the Samsung. Not saying its as durable but just doubting if the knife technique is a decent way of judging. I think blunt impact is the more important factor here.

Interesting tech for sure, if its indeed that much better than todays screens then I hope Apple brings it out. It just means others will follow which will be win win for everyone.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2014, 04:00 PM   #155
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Updated video where more is explained and some actual scratching tests with scratches occur:

Old Jul 19, 2014, 05:35 PM   #156
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Updated video where more is explained and some actual scratching tests with scratches occur:

its nice and I hope something like it ends up on other phones and tablets but I think I would still use a screen protector here

we have to much sand just blowing around getting on and into everything
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2014, 05:42 PM   #157
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I miss my Apple camera. I love Android but **** me I miss that camera. I might just go back to Apple for that alone.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 09:31 PM   #158
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
I miss my Apple camera. I love Android but **** me I miss that camera. I might just go back to Apple for that alone.
That's because you got a Note 3... That camera in the Note 3 leaves much to be desired.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2014, 09:37 PM   #159
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
That's because you got a Note 3... That camera in the Note 3 leaves much to be desired.
Very true but I have tried many other nexus, samsung, LG, HTC and Sony phone's -- none of them can take a picture as well as any of the last few iPhones. I always read about this mysterious Lumia but have yet to try it.

As much as I love these non-apple phones their cameras suck dicks.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:06 PM   #160
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Very true but I have tried many other nexus, samsung, LG, HTC and Sony phone's -- none of them can take a picture as well as any of the last few iPhones. I always read about this mysterious Lumia but have yet to try it.

As much as I love these non-apple phones their cameras suck dicks.
My Sony takes fantastic pictures every time iPhones use Sony sensors FYI.

http://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-5s-t...sensor-inside/

Last edited by Elysian : Jul 19, 2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:35 PM   #161
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Quote:
My Sony takes fantastic pictures every time iPhones use Sony sensors FYI.

http://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-5s-t...sensor-inside/
Ok your "sony" takes great photos -- From some of the reviews I have read the 5s still has a better all around camera.

Your fantastic Sony aside, most of the phones suck in comparison.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 02:13 AM   #162
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Looks impressive and a worthy upgrade. I think I will bone.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2014, 04:35 AM   #163
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Ok your "sony" takes great photos -- From some of the reviews I have read the 5s still has a better all around camera.
The Camera on the 1020 (with WP8.1 and the new Nokia Camera app) pretty much obliterates the competition - even my 1520's camera takes pretty nice pictures compared to what most people post on FB/Twitter/Instagram.

As soon as you start looking at the iPhone/Samsung pictures that aren't squeezed to "selfie size" they start to look pretty grainy and in the dark they become pretty useless - Instagram and other service naturally try to hide this by using filters that give me cancer.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2014, 08:36 AM   #164
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:

Your fantastic Sony aside, most of the phones suck in comparison.
I agree with you, certainly, but you did lump Sony in there, and they are IMO one of the best Android based smartphone cameras
Old Jul 20, 2014, 08:45 AM   #165
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Quote:
I agree with you, certainly, but you did lump Sony in there, and they are IMO one of the best Android based smartphone cameras
No for sure, just so frustrated with the Note 3 -- it takes 4-5 attempts to get a half decent image. Ahh well can't have everything.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 08:56 AM   #166
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Not to mention there's wayyyyyy more photo apps for iPhone than Android by far. It's the #1 reason I had to go back from the S4 to the iPhone. I do miss the big screen and the SWYPE style keyboard from Android, but that was it. And iPhone 6 should solve both of those issues.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2014, 09:51 AM   #167
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Not to mention there's wayyyyyy more photo apps for iPhone than Android by far. It's the #1 reason I had to go back from the S4 to the iPhone. I do miss the big screen and the SWYPE style keyboard from Android, but that was it. And iPhone 6 should solve both of those issues.
I think it's going to take more than a camera to force me to switch back. It feels so good to be disconnected from the borg.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 05:40 PM   #168
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2014, 05:46 PM   #169
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
I think it's going to take more than a camera to force me to switch back. It feels so good to be disconnected from the borg.

Resistance is futile.

apple is ****

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2014, 08:33 PM   #170
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
What do all those photo apps do? Is is mostly for post processing & editing?

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2014, 06:36 AM   #171
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
What do all those photo apps do? Is is mostly for post processing & editing?
They're for adding filters to the photos you took of your dinner plate...
Old Jul 29, 2014, 08:58 AM   #172
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

Ironic.... with how Google services work, it's more like you joined the borg.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 09:24 AM   #173
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX View Post
Ironic.... with how Google services work, it's more like you joined the borg.
There is a lot more freedom with Android to customize and do what you want. Depends a bit on your device, sure, but it is so refreshing not to have to worry about ****ing iTunes and other b.s.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:21 PM   #174
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
There is a lot more freedom with Android to customize and do what you want. Depends a bit on your device, sure, but it is so refreshing not to have to worry about ****ing iTunes and other b.s.
especially the itunes part.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2014, 07:04 PM   #175
Rockshocker
Rage3D Veteran

Rockshocker is still being judged by the masses

Comparing the Lumina 1020 camera to the iphone 5s camera I would have to say the lumina takes better pictures however the iphone takes great pictures and is all I need. When I want to take a picture with the lumina it takes a seeminly second or two to load up the app and then take a pic and then another second or two to save the picture to the memory before taking the next one. On the iphone I just click click click, plus it's got that cool slow motion video effects which is a total bonus.
Rockshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2014, 08:48 PM   #176
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I didn't know Chevy made a smartphone.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:42 PM   #177
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I didn't know Chevy made a smartphone.
It'll probably be recalled for the camera button getting stuck and then infinite photos end up getting taken and eat your battery.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:57 PM   #178
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockshocker View Post
Comparing the Lumina 1020 camera to the iphone 5s camera I would have to say the lumina takes better pictures however the iphone takes great pictures and is all I need. When I want to take a picture with the lumina it takes a seeminly second or two to load up the app and then take a pic and then another second or two to save the picture to the memory before taking the next one. On the iphone I just click click click, plus it's got that cool slow motion video effects which is a total bonus.
Have you seen what the Lumia can do by default re: editing pictures, filters and so forth?

You're excited about slow motion? Man, you haven't even explored yet.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 07:25 PM   #179
Rockshocker
Rage3D Veteran

Rockshocker is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Have you seen what the Lumia can do by default re: editing pictures, filters and so forth?

You're excited about slow motion? Man, you haven't even explored yet.
Oh yeah, all the different options in the lumina are wonderful, there are some very cool effects like only animating certain areas of a picture and highlighting certain colors. Again for me it came down to simplicity and speed. I have had a lot more fun with the slow motion just because it's so fast to switch to any mode.
Rockshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:52 PM   #180
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Not what I was referencing....