Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old May 19, 2014, 10:08 AM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

1704-by-960 resolution

apple alway giving you less and calling it better

seriously can't they ever just go with a standard resolution
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2014, 10:22 AM   #122
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Not 1080p but much better than expected if true.
Its perfect because they're right about ppi higher than 320 being near-worthless.
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2014, 03:38 PM   #123
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
Its perfect because they're right about ppi higher than 320 being near-worthless.
yes yes and you don't need more than 264 ppi and 5mp camera in a new ipad air or 8mp in a iPhone

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 19, 2014, 05:59 PM   #124
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
yes yes and you don't need more than 264 ppi and 5mp camera in a new ipad air or 8mp in a iPhone

I said 320dpi, not 264dpi. Dunno what you're talking about with the cameras...
Old May 20, 2014, 01:53 AM   #125
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

I still think the camera will be a 16mp. Less makes no sense.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 08:28 PM   #126
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

The rest of the world can't tell the difference between 16mp and 8mp. Nor can they really tell the difference between 261ppi and 320ppi. Considering they gobble up low end android phones and tablets left right and center.

It's about time they started making bigger screens, but no edge to edge... what are Apple engineers doing the past 2 years? If it ends up being just a larger sized iPhone, then it is clear that iPhone is no longer their major focus.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 11:29 PM   #127
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
The rest of the world can't tell the difference between 16mp and 8mp. Nor can they really tell the difference between 261ppi and 320ppi. Considering they gobble up low end android phones and tablets left right and center.

It's about time they started making bigger screens, but no edge to edge... what are Apple engineers doing the past 2 years? If it ends up being just a larger sized iPhone, then it is clear that iPhone is no longer their major focus.
OIS and night-time shots probably ought to be a priority moving forward. That Lumia guy they picked up should be able to contribute to that end.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2014, 09:07 AM   #128
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
OIS and night-time shots probably ought to be a priority moving forward. That Lumia guy they picked up should be able to contribute to that end.
Probably won't see that until iPhone 7. Too late in the game for him to do anything. The phone launches in 4 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
I still think the camera will be a 16mp. Less makes no sense.
I think Apple is content with 8MP's. I think they'll focus on the software side of image processing. The bigger phone should give room to a bigger sensor.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2014, 10:33 AM   #129
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Probably won't see that until iPhone 7. Too late in the game for him to do anything. The phone launches in 4 months.

I think Apple is content with 8MP's. I think they'll focus on the software side of image processing. The bigger phone should give room to a bigger sensor.
The phone is shallower as well, so not sure how much they can do. Might have to keep resorting to software to cleanup imagery. It's worked decent thus far.
Old May 21, 2014, 12:13 PM   #130
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

There's some kind of conspiracy in the flash ram markets. 16GB is still the base config. Back in my day, every year brought double the space for the same price. I guess those days are gone.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2014, 12:37 PM   #131
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
There's some kind of conspiracy in the flash ram markets. 16GB is still the base config. Back in my day, every year brought double the space for the same price. I guess those days are gone.

They can sell you the extra memory for cheap, but that sweet, sweet margin brah !!!

Even a Nexus costs $50 for a 16GB upgrade. The new One Plus is the only one I have seen with a big jump at a minimal price increase.
Old May 22, 2014, 07:06 AM   #132
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Quote:
they're banking on people using the cloud more for storage.

Its the same reason why a lot of workstations tend to get 256gb hard drives now instead of 1tb.
Old May 22, 2014, 12:46 PM   #133
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
they're banking on people using the cloud more for storage.

Its the same reason why a lot of workstations tend to get 256gb hard drives now instead of 1tb.
Yeah they want residuals coming in ever moth for buying monthly Cloud space. And the free 5gb they give is near meaningless.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
Old May 22, 2014, 02:43 PM   #134
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
Yeah they want residuals coming in ever moth for buying monthly Cloud space. And the free 5gb they give is near meaningless.
plus AT&Fee likes all the data charges

they can keep their Cloud space and phones without a card slot
Old May 24, 2014, 02:50 PM   #135
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Looks like this will truly revolutionize smart phones once again. Already preordered.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2014, 08:39 PM   #136
simonemartijn
Banned

simonemartijn is still being judged by the masses

Cool. can I share this post to my blog? I'd appreciate it.
simonemartijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2014, 09:41 AM   #137
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Marques Brownlee has an interesting video out on the case dummy.

Those bezels...
Old May 28, 2014, 02:45 PM   #138
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Looks like this will truly revolutionize smart phones once again. Already preordered.
Start putting in for cripes sake before the torches get lit.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:07 AM   #139
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So when is this phone coming out. Need the next evolution in telephony asap.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2014, 12:30 PM   #140
Rockshocker
Rage3D Veteran

Rockshocker is still being judged by the masses

Should be out after the 20th of September sometime according to Telus, wouldn't give me the exact date though.
Rockshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2014, 12:54 PM   #141
HAL10000
Radeon Arctic Islands

HAL10000 is still being judged by the masses

Given JIT inventory of Apple, a firm date hasn't probably been determined yet.

Still happy with 4S and will only be replaced when/if it dies.

The market can stay irrational longer than you can remain solvent.
HAL10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2014, 07:20 PM   #142
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL10000 View Post
Given JIT inventory of Apple, a firm date hasn't probably been determined yet.

Still happy with 4S and will only be replaced when/if it dies.
My girlfriend had a 4S (2 total actually, due to warranty replacement). Talk about terrible battery life. She upgraded to a Lumia 1020, makes it through the day with ease now.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2014, 09:22 PM   #143
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

MKBHD has a video of the screen, with emphasis on clarity and scratch resistance:

Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:29 AM   #144
t.d
Radeon R300

t.d is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
MKBHD has a video of the screen, with emphasis on clarity and scratch resistance:

[/yt]
Im genuinely jealous of sapphire screen tech. I like "naked" phones, but can't deal with IOS, I really hope it comes out for other MFG's as well. I have a streak of itty bitty scratches on my N5 from it falling between the seat in my car, I was seriously bummed out from that

That bend test...
t.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2014, 01:32 AM   #145
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:

[yt]5R0_FJ4r73s[/ytt]
Holy damn that bend! I was cringing waiting for it to shatter in his hand

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2014, 09:32 PM   #146
noko
Radeon Arctic Islands

noko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Impressive!
Ryzen 1700x 3.9ghz, Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro, Asus CrossHair 6 Hero 9, 16gb DDR4 3200 @ 3466, EVGA 1080 Ti, 950w PC pwr & cooling PS, 1TB NVMe Intel SSD M2 Drive + 256mb Mushkin SSD + 512gb Samsung 850evo M.2 in enclosure for Sata III and 2x 1tb WD SATA III, 34" Dell " U3415W IPS + 27" IPS YHAMAKASI Catleap. Win10 Pro

Custom SFF built case, I7 6700k OC 4.4ghz, PowerColor R9 Nano,, 1TB NVMe Intel SSD M2 Drive, 16gb DDR 4 3000 Corsair LPX, LG 27" 4K IPS FreeSync 10bit monitor, Win 10
noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:17 PM   #147
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

That's actually really impressive jeez, I can't believe a piece of glass has that much bending strength.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:27 AM   #148
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

No more broken Apple screens it seems then. That's WAY cool. If they can make the sides/back scratch resistant and water-proof it I'll be totally stoked.

Old Jul 10, 2014, 02:08 AM   #149
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
1704-by-960 resolution

apple alway giving you less and calling it better

seriously can't they ever just go with a standard resolution
this should be Ultra retina by apple standard lol

which = UHD for apple fanboy
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2014, 02:36 PM   #150
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

Quote:
Very true, but honestly, my iPhone 5s takes amazing picturs already. I don't see Lumia pictures and immediately go ape **** on how crappy my pics are compared to theirs.

It's really good enough for a majority of users.