Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old May 15, 2014, 09:29 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
As for Dell, from what I remember in analysis class, they didn't really fail in pursuing different market segments. Their downfall had more to do with a shift in technology use and being unable to develop products that catered to that shift (smartphone/tablets).
^This.

Fact is, they still make the best notebooks and desktop PCs in the market. Problem is, as Zero mentioned, smartphones and tablets are eating away the PC market share cause of it's extreme portability and ease of use.

What's more, there is no incentive for many to buy new comps when their 3-4 yo comps run everything they need without a hitch. People nowadays pick their gadgets based on looks over functionality... which don't actually bode well for the PC market (which are seen as antiquated tools people use for work by the general population).
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 01:33 AM   #92
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
You said "recall."
If Apple releases the iPhone 6 with broken GPS, Bluetooth, or camera, it will be national news and hurt the brand. Apple would have no choice but to recall the affected phones.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 01:35 AM   #93
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
add to the list

iPhone 4 - no cellular connectivity to anywhere if you held the phone directly in your hand in the most common way most people hold their phone
they never recalled it, they just blamed everyone for holding it wrong.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 16, 2014, 01:36 AM   #94
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
If Apple releases the iPhone 6 with broken GPS, Bluetooth, or camera, it will be national news and hurt the brand. Apple would have no choice but to recall the affected phones.
No they'll tell you the GPS satellites are not apple compatible, you're connecting the bluetooth wrong and the camera is working as intended, you just need to get your eyes fixed.
Old May 16, 2014, 02:13 AM   #95
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
^This.

Fact is, they still make the best notebooks and desktop PCs in the market. Problem is, as Zero mentioned, smartphones and tablets are eating away the PC market share cause of it's extreme portability and ease of use.

What's more, there is no incentive for many to buy new comps when their 3-4 yo comps run everything they need without a hitch. People nowadays pick their gadgets based on looks over functionality... which don't actually bode well for the PC market (which are seen as antiquated tools people use for work by the general population).
Perception > reality.

Point proven.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 02:14 AM   #96
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
You said recalled.

And then gave examples of stuff that was never recalled.

Expound?
Old May 16, 2014, 03:14 AM   #97
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

v3rninater is still being judged by the masses

So is this gonna be good, or what? Geez arguing going on...
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 07:06 AM   #98
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rninater View Post
So is this gonna be good, or what? Geez arguing going on...
No answer for derpy question. It's all speculation at this point.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 11:23 AM   #99
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
You said recalled.

And then gave examples of stuff that was never recalled.

Expound?
Android makers don't care about their reputation like Apple does. Apple only sells premium smartphones. Samsung sells everything from $600 all the way down to $50.
Old May 16, 2014, 12:08 PM   #100
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Android makers don't care about their reputation like Apple does. Apple only sells premium smartphones. Samsung sells everything from $600 all the way down to $50.
Did they put drugs in your kool-aid?
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 12:21 PM   #101
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Did they put drugs in your kool-aid?
No, but Apple rushing phone development like the Android manufacturers do to release the latest and greatest every 6 months would go over about as well as the Cadillac Cimarron.
Old May 16, 2014, 01:33 PM   #102
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
No, but Apple rushing phone development like the Android manufacturers do to release the latest and greatest every 6 months would go over about as well as the Cadillac Cimarron.
I'm not saying that Apple should do what any other phone manufacturer does, because clearly what Apple does works for them.

To say that Android manufacturers "do not care about their reputation" because they frequently release new, upgraded phones, or cannot be considered premium phone makers because they release a variety of products to serve as many customers as they can, seems asinine to me.

Apple's iPhone 5S is no more premium than the Galaxy S5. Both are flagship, excellent phones.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old May 16, 2014, 01:36 PM   #103
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Apple has high end: 5s

They also have affordable: 5c

I wonder if they will do the same with the iPhone 6 somehow...??? Maybe release the 5s but with a color body and call it the 5sc?

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 02:06 PM   #104
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post

Where did I say that Apple did not have an affordable sector?
Old May 16, 2014, 04:20 PM   #105
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:

I wonder if they will do the same with the iPhone 6 somehow...??? Maybe release the 5s but with a color body and call it the 5sc?
why not they are all the same anyway

other than screen size and faster processor what been new in years with iPhone & ipad
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 04:53 PM   #106
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Anyone who bought a 5c is an idiot. A cheaper version of the iphone 5 priced the same as an i5.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 06:53 PM   #107
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Anyone who bought a 5c is an idiot.
Or poor

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 07:00 PM   #108
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:

Consumers don't seem to think so. In fact, the 4S sold more than the 5c last quarter, because THAT is an affordable phone.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 09:21 PM   #109
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

affordable and appfordable are not the same things.....

Old May 16, 2014, 09:56 PM   #110
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Yah, why would corporations who do business all over the world ever care about stupid things like reputation?

Old May 16, 2014, 11:49 PM   #111
traitoR
Galactic Butterfly

traitoR once held a door open for a complete strangertraitoR once held a door open for a complete strangertraitoR once held a door open for a complete strangertraitoR once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Yah, why would corporations who do business all over the world ever care about stupid things like reputation?

Is this an argument for apple ? Or against ?

Also, is this the bash Apple thread or the iphone 6 speculation thread... God Android users are tireless in their fanboyism...

The dream of eternal life is far more compelling than living one.
traitoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2014, 12:09 AM   #112
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Sazar is the worst Android fanboy I've ever seen.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2014, 01:42 AM   #113
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by traitoR View Post
Is this an argument for apple ? Or against ?
Use your common sense

Quote:
Also, is this the bash Apple thread or the iphone 6 speculation thread... God Android users are tireless in their fanboyism...
Apparently responding to misinformation is a bad thing.

Fair enough, I am sure you'll have plenty to say about the all the tireless fanboyism emanating from other folks in this thread as well. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian
Sazar is the worst Android fanboy I've ever seen.
Old May 17, 2014, 01:30 PM   #114
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Pretty sure Elysian was saying that, if you were a fanboy, you're pretty bad at it.

AKA, you're not a fanboy.
Old May 17, 2014, 02:47 PM   #115
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Pretty sure Elysian was saying that, if you were a fanboy, you're pretty bad at it.

Old May 17, 2014, 05:49 PM   #116
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2014, 06:03 PM   #117
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Consumers don't seem to think so. In fact, the 4S sold more than the 5c last quarter, because THAT is an affordable phone.
No, it was because that was a FREE phone. 5c has done better than fine, and even if it is just a 5 with a plastic case it can be had at $25-$50 usually and is better than most offerings at that price point. The sub-$99 is usually filled with pure junk.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
Old May 18, 2014, 09:16 PM   #118
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

The 5C isn't exactly affordable in the smartphone space. If I was looking for value for the buck, I'd pick a Moto G, Moto X, or even Nexus 5 (which can now be had below MSRP) over anything else. Heck, even the Xiaomi 3 and OnePlus One if the quality is up to par.
Old May 19, 2014, 02:18 AM   #119
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

What I wanna know is if they will make the small gb size model to start at 32gb... that would be great, if unlikely.

ps... for those doubting the Apple screen resolution......

http://time.com/99639/iphone-6-resolution/ Nice...

Old May 19, 2014, 02:28 AM   #120
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Quote:
What I wanna know is if they will make the small gb size model to start at 32gb... that would be great, if unlikely.

ps... for those doubting the Apple screen resolution......

http://time.com/99639/iphone-6-resolution/ Nice...
Not 1080p but much better than expected if true.