Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old May 6, 2014, 02:54 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Arrow iPhone 6 Leaks & Rumors Thread

New leaks of the iPhone 6 hit a couple days ago. As I feared it will be bigger than the iPhone 5. Rumors say it's coming in at a 4.7" display with a pancake-like 5.5" coming later on at some time.

http://www.gsmarena.com/iphone_6_dum...-news-8443.php

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2014, 03:00 PM   #2
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

You mean they are finally not making those tiny crappy little phones?

Now if only there were other changes to bring it upto scratch to the competition, like a non dictatorship app store.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2014, 03:07 PM   #3
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

I passed the above image through some low contrast filtering on photoshop and it seems that the side bezel will be at least as thin as the iPhopne 5 if not a mm or two thinner. But that is partly canceled out by the lame bubbly back shell.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 6, 2014, 06:00 PM   #4
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

I heard thinner than iPhone 5 and sapphire glass.

I'm waiting for it to be resolutionary "again".
Old May 6, 2014, 07:31 PM   #5
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

did they make it even taller?

doesn't seem like it increased in width much....
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2014, 07:49 PM   #6
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGRUNT View Post
I heard thinner than iPhone 5 and sapphire glass.

I'm waiting for it to be resolutionary "again".
Yay Sapphire glass, because we don't see enough shattered iphone screens already. I'm partially kidding as I think it's pretty damn cool tech.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2014, 07:55 PM   #7
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I really doubt they will do all Sapphire Glass in the front since its brittle as **** and I have seen more smashed iPhones than any other handset.
|MaguS| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2014, 09:24 PM   #8
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

I'm glad to see Apple finally acknowledge that there's a consumer demand and market for bigger display devices. Though I'll be a bit irritated to hear them talk about how "revolutionary" and "innovative" this larger display is.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2014, 09:25 PM   #9
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
I'm glad to see Apple finally acknowledge that there's a consumer demand and market for bigger display devices. Though I'll be a bit irritated to hear them talk about how "revolutionary" and "innovative" this larger display is.
And if rumors are right... the 4.7" won't even have a 1080p screen.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2014, 09:31 PM   #10
wazman
Resident Curmudgeon

wazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete stranger

They could give up the round button too and increase the screen size even more.

RIP, Hannibal. RIP, Shadow. RIP, Mitchell. RIP, Annie. RIP, Jones.
wazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2014, 09:59 PM   #11
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Why talk about the shitty screen when they can talk about the magical new location of the power button, on the side of the phone
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2014, 03:02 AM   #12
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
THAT does seem odd. Not sure if I believe that bit, but it will be a disappointing feature if true.

Old May 7, 2014, 09:53 AM   #13
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazman View Post
They could also ship their computers with a mouse that has 2 buttons, but hey, what do we know we're just the end user

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
THAT does seem odd. Not sure if I believe that bit, but it will be a disappointing feature if true.
The way apple has been lately, i dont doubt it at all.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2014, 02:33 PM   #14
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Quote:

That may be dependent on the DPI at that screen size. From what I've heard on podcasts and such, it will be the same DPI as the iPad Mini and/or Air.
Old May 7, 2014, 03:00 PM   #15
Rockshocker
Rage3D Veteran

Rockshocker is still being judged by the masses

I liked the iphone but they always come out with more of the same and I said that I am not getting an iphone 6 if all they do is add another row of buttons, I want it to be different. Well I am super excited for this phone and know that it will probably be the same as the iphone 5s but with an extra row of buttons. Ah well
Rockshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2014, 05:34 PM   #16
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Looking at the phone dimensions that are supposedly coming out, and keeping in mind that non-standard resolutions of the i-devices, this isn't a shocker, per-se.

It's all about scaling using the app development tools.

Still, something that is 720p or higher is typically more than enough for most products. Remember, the Nokia Lumia, while having "just" a 720p, had 332ppi.

I would think a 4.7" display at 900p would be more than sufficient.
Old May 8, 2014, 12:09 AM   #17
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i am thinking the larger the iphone is , the more money you will have to pay ...
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2014, 12:27 AM   #18
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

but but its not four kays and 10 eighty pees!

fail screen is fail....

Old May 8, 2014, 01:30 AM   #19
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I really doubt they will do all Sapphire Glass in the front since its brittle as **** and I have seen more smashed iPhones than any other handset.
Well they did secure exclusive production of Sapphire Glass from GT Advanced Technologies. I'd hope that wasn't just to keep others from using it.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2014, 03:37 AM   #20
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

All I know is this, it will surely revolutionize the entire phone market. It will be fun to watch and all of us then see how many good phones this forces Samsung to try to make in order to compete, much as they recently did when the massively successful and revolutionary iPhone 4s caused Samsung to evolve the S3. The entire cell phone market will surely benefit!

Old May 8, 2014, 07:05 AM   #21
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
All I know is this, it will surely revolutionize the entire phone market. It will be fun to watch and all of us then see how many good phones this forces Samsung to try to make in order to compete, much as they recently did when the massively successful and revolutionary iPhone 4s caused Samsung to evolve the S3. The entire cell phone market will surely benefit!
It will most definitely be fun to watch. Revolutionize the entire market though? Doubtful. They already did that once. Most phone makers now present devices that's a mish mash of things already available on other phones. There's a stigma with Apple that they always have to keep revolutionizing the markets they are in. The reality is, they revolutionize the markets they aren't currently in. They do very little afterward, comparatively, once that market is set.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old May 8, 2014, 10:08 AM   #22
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

If the 5.5" one does not come to fruition, I'm gonna stick with my note. However if that turns out to be true.... SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2014, 10:10 AM   #23
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazman View Post
Then how would they sue samsung
Old May 8, 2014, 03:59 PM   #24
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX View Post
It will most definitely be fun to watch. Revolutionize the entire market though? Doubtful. They already did that once. Most phone makers now present devices that's a mish mash of things already available on other phones. There's a stigma with Apple that they always have to keep revolutionizing the markets they are in. The reality is, they revolutionize the markets they aren't currently in. They do very little afterward, comparatively, once that market is set.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Nah, I know it won't be anything too crazy... I was just seeing if I could bait somebody into a tirade lol. But hopefully Apple at least is able to offer something that is good enough to make iPhone 5s users want to upgrade without question. I have an iPhone 5 (that I do like a lot actually) and I'm a bit worried about the larger size, but at least it's a LITTLE smaller than the S5 I guess.

One thing worth saying is this. I feel Samsung "punted" when they released the S5, and that they failed to make it as much of an upgrade over the S4 as the S4 was over the S3. And I feel that Apple largely punted with the 5s over the 5. So hopefully this next round gives buyers something really worth upgrading for. Siri needs upgrades. And nobody knows what happened to the iWatch. I'm beginning to think the phone market is turning into a commodity market, where it almost doesn't matter what brand your phone is because there are such little differences. Apple needs to change that if they want to keep their brand meaningful. We'll see. Samsung sure hasn't slammed the door shut with the S5, though... so hopefully Apple can see that and counter with something that really forces Samsung to start trying again too.

Old May 8, 2014, 04:08 PM   #25
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Looks as exciting as the dump I just took.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2014, 04:35 PM   #26
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Nah, I know it won't be anything too crazy... I was just seeing if I could bait somebody into a tirade lol. But hopefully Apple at least is able to offer something that is good enough to make iPhone 5s users want to upgrade without question. I have an iPhone 5 (that I do like a lot actually) and I'm a bit worried about the larger size, but at least it's a LITTLE smaller than the S5 I guess.

One thing worth saying is this. I feel Samsung "punted" when they released the S5, and that they failed to make it as much of an upgrade over the S4 as the S4 was over the S3. And I feel that Apple largely punted with the 5s over the 5. So hopefully this next round gives buyers something really worth upgrading for. Siri needs upgrades. And nobody knows what happened to the iWatch. I'm beginning to think the phone market is turning into a commodity market, where it almost doesn't matter what brand your phone is because there are such little differences. Apple needs to change that if they want to keep their brand meaningful. We'll see. Samsung sure hasn't slammed the door shut with the S5, though... so hopefully Apple can see that and counter with something that really forces Samsung to start trying again too.
IMO the S5 is a bigger upgrade over the S4 than the S4 is over the S3. I went from S3 to S4 and the upgrade felt nice, but it wasn't really a massive change, just a little faster and a little better camera really. Felt basically the same in hand too.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2014, 04:39 PM   #27
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Do you now? Well, that's nice.
Old May 8, 2014, 06:21 PM   #28
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
This thing is going to revolutionize the way apple fanatics sheep their wares but not much else.
The phone world is already at a point where they've seen everything that needs to be seen. NFC, larger screens, sharper screens, stupidly fast processors (theres no need for 64bits, theres no need for quad cores, theres probably not a need for even dual cores), 3d tech (though not that good, its been done already), desktop/mobile platform syncing, gajillions of apps with 75% of them useless garbage, fingerprint scanners, larger cameras, etc.

All this phone is going to be is the 4.7" size that apple says you now need.

The iPhone 4s didn't revolutionize ****. It was a just a way faster iPhone 4......
Old May 8, 2014, 06:57 PM   #29
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

And now Apple is buying Beats Audio. Holy crap.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2014, 07:00 PM   #30
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
And now Apple is buying Beats Audio. Holy crap.
It's just software profiles, so no big deal.