Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 21, 2013, 02:26 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

you know what.

there are more samsung shop in China, than 7 eleven lol
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2013, 01:18 PM   #32
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Name 3.
While I will admit, I haven't paid much to roms since I got rid of the Note 2. So some of this may have changed in the past 6 months.

Big one? CynogenMod (which most Roms work off of).

Small ones? A lot. I know there was on the Note 2 a ton of different Mods that weren't coming over due to lack of info released from Samsung. And I know Samsung wasn't about to change that. And from what 5 minute research I can do. It seems that still rings true.

I remember there being literally half the amount of Roms on the Note 2 compared to the previous ones I had.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2013, 04:05 PM   #33
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Cyanogen Mod hasn't ditched Samsung less popular devices are going to have less roms, that's no mystery. Sounds like you're just echoing something someone else said to make them feel better about the One Max.

Last edited by Elysian : Oct 21, 2013 at 04:08 PM.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 21, 2013, 09:44 PM   #34
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Cyanogen Mod hasn't ditched Samsung less popular devices are going to have less roms, that's no mystery. Sounds like you're just echoing something someone else said to make them feel better about the One Max.
I wouldn't take a One Max over a Note 3 since it has the 600.

But your right. Samsung dev support with Exynos is all so peachy.

http://rootzwiki.com/news/samsung-lo...-based-phones/

Quote:
I’ll stay away from all exynos powered phones as long as there is no proper support from samsung in form of documentation and sourcecode (especially userspace) to get aosp properly working on it.

- CyanogenMod/Team Hacksung developer codeworkx
Now I said, this is admitly old knowledge. You can quote me on that, I said it several post back. If samsung has finally opened up then good for them. I haven't paid much attention to ROMing a phone in over a year. Because. Well. There is no reason to.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz

Last edited by CurrentlyPissed : Oct 21, 2013 at 09:47 PM.
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2013, 03:24 PM   #35
EYE4LYFE
Radeon R600

EYE4LYFE can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEYE4LYFE can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wink Steve Kondik teases CyanogenMod running on the Galaxy Note 3

As long as the Snapdragon version officially gets CyanogenMod, I'm happy. Maybe someone will port an unofficial rom for Exynos.

https://plus.google.com/100275307499...ts/Bc6e1QrxYhG
EYE4LYFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2013, 09:50 AM   #36
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

So I picked one of these up last week. WOW! Massive upgrade from my droid x. I can't believe how much lighter and thinner the note 3 is in comparison. It's actually less cumbersome in my pocket. My god the speed of this thing is incredible, everything is instantaneous. I'm so used to waiting on my droid x to do anything, now its like BAM done! Really impressed with this phone. I have very large hands so the size of it doesn't bother me at all, I can actually hold it in one hand and text with my thumb haha.

Still on stock for now, dunno if I want to bother rooting it. I'm not a fan of the option to pause videos when you look away from the phone. I found that it was pausing the video even though I was looking directly at the phone. It also doesnt work very well when you're showing a video to a friend with both of you watching.

On a side note: Does anyone know how to download a better voice for the google maps navigation app? I had a pop up message appear while I was following directions to download a higher quality voice but I dismissed it and I can't seem to locate it anywhere.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2013, 06:42 PM   #37
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2013, 07:34 PM   #38
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
That's an old iPhone nub.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 01:35 PM   #39
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

My phone got an update today. Still android 4.3 though. Any news on what the update contained?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 01:47 PM   #40
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
My phone got an update today. Still android 4.3 though. Any news on what the update contained?
I got it too. I figure its just bug fixes related to hardware more than software update
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2013, 05:03 PM   #41
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Spyhawk is still being judged by the masses

Im surprised the note 3 doesn't get as much attention as it should here considering that its still one the best smartphones money can buy.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk
Spyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:00 PM   #42
Horus
resident kafir

Horus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete stranger

was going to get a Note 3 but will wait til the Galaxy S5, want a multi-mode capable phone.

**** I'm still using a Galaxy S2... I've given so many upgrades away to family
Old Nov 22, 2013, 01:10 AM   #43
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Well its finally done ! I'm the new owner of a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Picked it up on my way to work so I havnt had the chance to really put it through much of anything yet but what I have done has been problem free.

The screen is absolutely gorgeous. Scrolling up/down and swyping left/right is buttery smooth. The phone does feel a bit big in my average size hands but I think I will quickly adapt as I also thought my s2 was a bit too big at first 2 years back. Download speeds on lte are incredible. Did a speed test and got a 26 down and 15 up.

Absolutely love the faux leather back cover and the over all design. Phone looks great ! Decided to get the black version. At first I wanted the white but after comparing both in store, the black one just looked better to me.

Havnt bought a case/screen protector or a car holder yet but its something I will surely look into in the coming days. Gotta protect this big puppy

Im a bit dissapointed in the speaker output. Its loud enough in a quiet enviroment but with a bit of noise its not. Hope there are some work arounds for this issue.

Also if any of you Note 3 owners have any tips/advice let me know pls :-)

Im also avail to bench test anything if someone needs info.

Last edited by Spyhawk : Nov 22, 2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 01:38 AM   #44
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled with

AOSP/CM is just around the corner for those who are interested!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537179
Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 512GB Samsung 860 EVO | 4TB WDC Black | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 500GB SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2013, 02:09 AM   #45
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hl33td4rg0n View Post
AOSP/CM is just around the corner for those who are interested!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537179
Hmm looked in on that thread and the op seems to have mixed up the files. Also that build comes with heavy warnings. He hasnt even tested it yet on his phone.

So I wont be flashing that any time soon or anything else for that matter since Im still familiarizing myself with all the new features this phone brings. I might check out some mature roms in several months though.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 05:45 AM   #46
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled with

Yeah, I'm sure as hell not going to flash it either. But, its progress at least. Watching the thread....

What I'm really waiting for is PAC-rom, Carbon, and some other one that I can't remember the name of
Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 512GB Samsung 860 EVO | 4TB WDC Black | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 500GB SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2013, 02:15 PM   #47
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Found this today, couldn't help myself...

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2013, 04:42 PM   #48
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Hahaha

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Old Nov 27, 2013, 04:49 PM   #49
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyhawk View Post
Hahaha

Don't encourage him.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 03:08 AM   #50
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Don't encourage him.
It doesn't bother me. Actually I do find it funny hehe...but I don't care cause Im damn happy I bought this phone. Its just so freaken amazing. All features activated with display on auto and after 17 hours the battery is at 59% !!! I mean that's just incredible battery life !!
Old Nov 28, 2013, 05:05 AM   #51
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

The recharge rate on the battery is also insanely fast. From 0 to full in 2.5 hours
Old Nov 30, 2013, 09:18 PM   #52
Tyler582
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Tyler582 is still being judged by the masses

Ya I ended up trading my S3 to my dad for his Note 3. I was going to just try it out... but there's no going back. The screen, speed and battery life on this thing are awesome. Just running stock and I have no desire to change anything. It's still a little awkward to operate one handed with my smallish hands but I don't really care.
ASUS UL30-VT A1 13.3" Notebook w/64GB SSD
Tyler582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2013, 12:01 AM   #53
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

What really floors me is I can keep all features enabled and the battery will last me 2 full days!! With my s2 I kept enabled features to a minimum. wifi, blutooth and gps was always off when not needed and I still had a hard time lasting 1 day.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 12:27 AM   #54
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Hmm can't add any battery stat pics. Rage Server administration will not accept them....how the hell do peeps post their stats ? All through Google drive ?

Last edited by Spyhawk : Dec 1, 2013 at 12:30 AM.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 02:39 AM   #55
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyhawk View Post
Hmm can't add any battery stat pics. Rage Server administration will not accept them....how the hell do peeps post their stats ? All through Google drive ?

Screenshot and use the imgur app for hosting, it outputs bbcode links
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2013, 01:43 PM   #56
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNforcer View Post
Screenshot and use the imgur app for hosting, it outputs bbcode links

Last edited by Spyhawk : Dec 1, 2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:45 PM   #57
Tyler582
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Tyler582 is still being judged by the masses

I like keeping the display cranked. It looks like Im holding an orb.
ASUS UL30-VT A1 13.3" Notebook w/64GB SSD
Tyler582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:27 AM   #58
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Anyone else having issues with the GPS? It keeps losing signal for me
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:27 PM   #59
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Anyone else having issues with the GPS? It keeps losing signal for me
Try this GPS testing app. Might help you.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....gpstest&hl=en
Old Dec 10, 2013, 05:43 PM   #60
Horus
resident kafir

Horus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete stranger

sooo I needed a new phone right away and got the Note 3 from Sprint for $150... my mom had so many rewards points from Best Buy that she got a free Note 3 and a second for $12