Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 12, 2013, 03:04 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default Nexus 5 Official Thread

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/...rior-pictures/

The Nexus is back at the FCC. Officially, the device was back for a "class 2 permissive change" for "some hardware changes (antenna/PCB adjustments)," but along with the external changes, we get a good look at the front and back of the device. The filing, which was first spotted by phonescoop, is here.

The camera design is particularly strange, with a huge front-element around a normal-sized rear element. We've heard Vic Gundotra, a Google executive, say "We are committed to making Nexus phones insanely great cameras" about seven months ago, so maybe this new design is part of alleviating the Nexus line's traditionally poor camera performance.

-edit-

More info:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor..._i d=ZNFVS980

Clicking on links takes you to additional imagery

Last edited by Sazar : May 1, 2014 at 07:12 PM.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 03:41 PM   #2
oasked
Stuck in the mud

oasked is still being judged by the masses

Excellent - looks like this ties in very nicely with the CGI images "leaked" a few days ago.

I can't wait. Hopefully they'll have more than 10 units in stock at launch unlike last time. Fingers crossed I can buy one then.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 08:04 PM   #3
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

This the same thing that came through FCC that's got every band cept what Verizon uses?
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 12, 2013, 08:37 PM   #4
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Too. Big.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 08:58 PM   #5
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX View Post
Too. Big.
Not big enough. Should've been at least 5.5 inches
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 09:18 PM   #6
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Too. Big.
I dunno. There is a different sized phone for all the folks out there

If this ends up being 300-350 bucks, I am going to have a hard time not picking one up
Old Sep 13, 2013, 12:49 PM   #7
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Do want.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2013, 02:29 PM   #8
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Too. Big.
My GF says the same thing!
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2013, 02:42 PM   #9
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Too. Big.
Estimated overall dimensions are supposed to be slightly smaller than the Galaxy Nexus/Nexus 4.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 05:27 PM   #10
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
Estimated overall dimensions are supposed to be slightly smaller than the Galaxy Nexus/Nexus 4.
What this guy said.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2013, 10:05 AM   #11
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Hmmm, than maybe. I'll relax alittle and see how it goes.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 10:08 AM   #12
IamHere
Banned

IamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Hmmm, than maybe. I'll relax alittle and see how it goes.

Just use lots of lube, you will be fine.
IamHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2013, 08:58 PM   #13
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

And more details and leaks re: the Nexus 5.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/05/m...ervice-manual/

Quote:
To refresh your memory, we've known those to include a 4.95-inch display, a 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, inductive charging, NFC and multiple LTE bands.
Quote:
There's an eight-megapixel camera with OIS on back and a 1.3-megapixel shooter on the front. Storage is capped at 32GB and the battery tops out at 2300 mAh. The IPS display has a 1080p resolution and screen tethering is supported via Slimport (just like the Nexus 4). While it's packing the usual array of sensors for a phone (gyroscope accelerometer, compass, proximity and light), there's also one that detects pressure. Lastly, there's the obligatory notification light and a Micro SIM slot. Be sure to be slightly weary of all this, however, because Android Police notes that are some oddities in the document (Bluetooth is now listed as 3.0 instead of 4.0, for instance).
http://www.scribd.com/doc/173744848
Old Oct 6, 2013, 11:43 AM   #14
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

All I need now is confirmation and Price.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Android on Tapatalk 4.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2013, 11:49 AM   #15
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
All I need now is confirmation and Price.

Yep, same here.

If it's in the $300-400 range, I'll be very tempted.

I think this and the Dell Venue Pro 11 may be my next purchases
Old Oct 6, 2013, 01:24 PM   #16
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I wonder if Google is going to take a loss on each sale. Not sure how they can offer it at those prices.

Last edited by Razeus : Oct 7, 2013 at 08:53 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 04:44 PM   #17
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

/happy dance

Made by LG.
|MaguS| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2013, 07:54 PM   #18
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I wonder if Google is going to take a loss on each sale. Not sure how they can offer it at the dance prices.

Why would Google take the loss? If they have a strong enough partnership with LG they can get them close to cost surely? Google makes its money back on the Play Store and other Play services anyways, not to mention the ads.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2013, 08:28 PM   #19
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I wonder if Google is going to take a loss on each sale. Not sure how they can offer it at the dance prices.

no, i think apple should be the one that need tor reduce their price....
apple has good phone, but not that good compare price performance ratio of the nexus.
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2013, 08:33 PM   #20
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

v3rninater is still being judged by the masses

Soooo, mid Oct., or end of Oct???
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2013, 06:35 AM   #21
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Wait another week and you'll know

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2013, 08:52 AM   #22
Kovster
SV650s

Kovster is still being judged by the masses

Still ticks me off that Verizon refused to carry any Nexus phones anymore.
Kovster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2013, 08:54 AM   #23
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

I'm sure it'll be announced next week, along with KitKat, available for end of month.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 08:57 AM   #24
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovster View Post
Still ticks me off that Verizon refused to carry any Nexus phones anymore.
I'm kinda glad, They are the worse carrier to work with.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 09:00 AM   #25
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Why would Google take the loss? If they have a strong enough partnership with LG they can get them close to cost surely? Google makes its money back on the Play Store and other Play services anyways, not to mention the ads.
LGs cost isn't just build materials. R&D and other stuff are associated with it. I'm sure if they sell the handset for $300-$400 it will break even for Google.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 09:04 AM   #26
Kovster
SV650s

Kovster is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I'm kinda glad, They are the worse carrier to work with.
Hmm.. Worse is in how?

I'm quite happy with having pretty data connection in about 80% of where I go in the states. Heck, there is even pretty good 3G coverage in the Apostle Islands in upper WI, good solid 2mbs on island with no power almost 5 miles off the shore.

The only people that i know that say Verizon sucks, are the ones that lost their unlimited data, or never got a hold of it.

Last edited by Kovster : Oct 7, 2013 at 09:07 AM.
Kovster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2013, 09:08 AM   #27
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovster View Post
Hmm.. Worse is in how?

I'm quite happy with having pretty data connection in about 80% of where I go in the states. Heck, there is even pretty good 3G coverage in the Apostle Islands in upper WI, good solid 2mbs on island with no power almost 5 miles off the shore.
Their policies make it impossible to work with stores and the reps. They put such high sales goals that RSP will position whatever makes it easiest to hit their goals, not what they believe to be the best for the customer.

As for network, I don't find them that impressive. Here in MN their network is SLOW compared to AT&T and T-Mobile. If I head up north I get barely any coverage, AT&T and T-Mobile offer far better by lake Superior.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:06 PM   #28
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Give me external storage, and I'd buy a Nexus.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2013, 09:27 AM   #29
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
Give me external storage, and I'd buy a Nexus.
Since Nexus phones are meant to showcase Google's cloud services, good luck with that.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 02:46 PM   #30
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Damn son.

Quote:
With that in mind, we are told that the 16GB LG Nexus 5 will feature a 2300mAh battery and will be priced lock, stock and barrel for $299. The 32GB LG Nexus 5 will be powered by a 3000mAh cell and will be priced at $399. The Google Nexus 4 was $299 for the 8GB unlocked model when first launched, while the 16GB model was $349. Both of those units carried a 2100mAh cell.
http://9to5google.com/2013/10/08/rep...in-32gb-model/

I'm going to pre-order this bad boy as soon as it's available. With a Nexus 7 to go with it. 32 gee-bee versions.