Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jun 3, 2013, 01:39 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
You can get your first taste of the black/white & flat design by downloading the new WWDC app from the app store.

2011 - 2012 - 2013
!!!!

If that's it with a similar theme systemwide and that actually gets pushed as a feature of iOS7, I'll probably believe any pathetic rumor item going forward. Cause... damn.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 01:43 PM   #92
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The before looks better than the after, wtf.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2013, 01:50 PM   #93
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

I like the new look much better

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 3, 2013, 01:56 PM   #94
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I like the new look much better
Hopefully Ive will make it look like the native Apple Apps aren't designed by totally different teams.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2013, 02:17 PM   #95
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

So black & white will be the latest revolution in mobile computing now.
I'm dying to see another video of that condescending prick (whatever his name is) telling me about the magic of less is more, and how B&W transforms the way we interact with out devices.
Bleh.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2013, 02:37 PM   #96
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Did they actually change anything????

Looks like they just used solid colors instead of gradients.....

OMG NEW FEATURE!!!!!!! right?
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2013, 02:48 PM   #97
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post

Correct. The last couple years, iOS going up a revision number actually meant, there are new apps. Now, all it takes is a system theme change to up that number.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 02:50 PM   #98
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX View Post
Correct. The last couple years, iOS going up a revision number actually meant, there are new apps. Now, all it takes is a system theme change to up that number.
Well its the bleeding edge of technological advancement right? Just like 5th row of icons
Old Jun 3, 2013, 05:07 PM   #99
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Hey now. We don't ACTUALLY know what's being planned for WWDC. Yes it's expected that there will be an overall transition away from skeuomorphism to a more flat and "modern" looking OS. But I doubt seriously that's all they announce. I'm sure there will be plenty of other things on tap for the WWDC event.

I am curious what marketing doublespeak they'll use when they present the UI transition though. I seem to recall they called the drop down notification bar as "revolutionary" after they copied it from Android. So I'm sure that will be a popcorn moment in the presentation as we're all told how amazing and magical the new UI is and totally-not-Metro-ish in any way.

But let's withhold the condemnation and judgment until after they actually say something about it.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2013, 05:56 PM   #100
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
You can get your first taste of the black/white & flat design by downloading the new WWDC app from the app store.

2011 - 2012 - 2013
I'll be interested to see what the final design ends up looking like because the rumors indicated the entire calendar/scheduling piece was going a radical change. This can't be more than a high-level teaser, so I'll reserve comment.

As an aside, I fail to see the "flattening" that apparently was supposed to happen. It looks like softer edges and so forth, but there is still a 3D UI make up.

The space taken up by the top toolbars has been reduced in size, so perhaps part of the changes will be more visible/usable space. Because of iOS's lack of a back button, too much of the UI is wasted with navigation cue's
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2013, 07:32 AM   #101
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post

Well, in their defense, MS did the same thing with Windows 8.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 08:21 AM   #102
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

They have completely redone the UI... here is a shot...

KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2013, 08:42 AM   #103
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

What am I looking at there. Seems very much like b4
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2013, 02:17 PM   #104
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

That looks....the same?
Old Jun 8, 2013, 02:34 PM   #105
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2013, 03:48 PM   #106
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post

I think they went overboard with the flatness and minimalism.......
Old Jun 8, 2013, 06:51 PM   #107
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post

No ****, when did Cydia become standard.
FMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 05:34 PM   #108
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

( + ) - features and functionlity + major hype ==
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 06:58 PM   #109
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Thought it looked good tbh.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:24 AM   #110
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
- features and functionlity + major hype ==
WTF kind of a fruity gay mess is that?
That looks plain awful.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:15 AM   #111
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yeah im a bit 50-50 on it myself. Could look better when its in your hands. They finally got auto app updating. Only took them 5 years. I love that feature on my Nexus 4.
FMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:36 AM   #112
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

So any actual news/leaks on the interface yet?? I'm not seeing any news...

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:01 AM   #113
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
The devs got it yesterday and I think their servers were hammered so it was hard to get it. Probably will come some any day now.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

- True Blood
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:18 AM   #114
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
Are you just not looking? The new is everywhere. Or are you just posting ironically?

Last edited by Elysian : Jun 11, 2013 at 06:30 AM.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:04 AM   #115
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

For anyone who is interested...

"27 new iOS 7 features Apple didn't talk about"
http://www.macworld.com/article/2041...alk-about.html
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:28 AM   #116
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'm starting to be on the fence about this. I like the app design within the app. I'm just not feeling the Fisher-Price, fruity app icons. They don't even look coherent. I need to see this in person.\

I do like how your background picture serves as the color theme for the phone (like what they did with iTunes album art).

I like this myself (modified on the left, Apple's on the right):

Last edited by Razeus : Jun 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:53 AM   #117
Ciera
Bueno

Ciera is still being judged by the masses

Beta is out. And can be installed without developer account at the moment. I took the dive, and am quite pleased.
Ciera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:20 AM   #118
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:55 AM   #119
badboy
Merc with a mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciera View Post
Beta is out. And can be installed without developer account at the moment. I took the dive, and am quite pleased.
Tell me how!!!

- True Blood
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:58 AM   #120
badboy
Merc with a mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
For anyone who is interested...

"27 new iOS 7 features Apple didn't talk about"
http://www.macworld.com/article/2041...alk-about.html
Eh what? They talked about everything in that article...

- True Blood