Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Dec 10, 2013, 09:47 PM   #691
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I want to hit 4.4, and I miss being rooted and being able to clear out the Verizon crud.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 09:57 PM   #692
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
First thing I would have done if I got a One is get rid of Sense. That crap is terrible STILL.
I disagree, but that's fine.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:15 PM   #693
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
I disagree, but that's fine.
Well, you're posting about it in an S4 thread, so yeah Touchwiz is so far ahead of Sense it's not even funny. I kept Touchwiz until AOSP hit 4.3.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:36 AM   #694
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Verizon be teasin'

Got an update notice this morning! 4.4 here for Christmas?

Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2013, 03:16 PM   #695
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Is anyone else having proximity sensor issues? Mine won't turn the screen back on after I hold it up to my ear for a call. It happened once before and I read about debris getting in there so I blew out the ear piece and it worked again, but this time nothing works. I downloaded an app and the sensor just always thinks there's something in front of it once it's engaged.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2013, 03:19 PM   #696
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Is anyone else having proximity sensor issues? Mine won't turn the screen back on after I hold it up to my ear for a call. It happened once before and I read about debris getting in there so I blew out the ear piece and it worked again, but this time nothing works. I downloaded an app and the sensor just always thinks there's something in front of it once it's engaged.
Known problem. Dirt gets in the sensor. If you have access to compressed air or have one of those cans of air you can blow directly into the speaker and it'll clear it out.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 03:23 PM   #697
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Known problem. Dirt gets in the sensor. If you have access to compressed air or have one of those cans of air you can blow directly into the speaker and it'll clear it out.
I've been using one of those RocketBlowers that generates decent amounts of air, maybe higher pressure is needed now. Pretty damn annoying, how do it know exactly when it's covered every single time but not when it's uncovered?

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 05:29 PM   #698
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
I've been using one of those RocketBlowers that generates decent amounts of air, maybe higher pressure is needed now. Pretty damn annoying, how do it know exactly when it's covered every single time but not when it's uncovered?
I used the 140psi air at work to clear mine...
Old Jan 21, 2014, 08:06 PM   #699
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Christ this sensor is ****ing annoying. It randomly works when it wants to, there's no way it's debris.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 11:04 PM   #700
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Christ this sensor is ****ing annoying. It randomly works when it wants to, there's no way it's debris.
Blow it out again... I typically blow it out every two weeks or so, it's that bad.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 11:05 PM   #701
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Blow it out again... I typically blow it out every two weeks or so, it's that bad.
I've been trying, it's not working. I can try to get some more pressure out of the compressor tomorrow, but I still don't understand how this is the issue when it registers the sensor being covered in the first place. How can it see my hand covering it but not when my hand is removed if there's dirt interfering?

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 11:22 PM   #702
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

wait until the s5 comes out in a few months...
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2014, 11:23 PM   #703
ice
Rage3D Spammer

What does that have to do with anything?

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 09:46 PM   #704
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Just have insider info that's all
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:01 AM   #705
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
wait until the s5 comes out in a few months...
I don't anticipated anything will be different. Just more bloatware on top of KitKat.

It's a shame they don't tie these releases to Google version numbers but I suppose that's hard to do.

If anything, they'll give people a premium build instead of plastic to shut people up, but the overall experience will be the same.

Dat screen tho.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:17 PM   #706
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
I don't anticipated anything will be different. Just more bloatware on top of KitKat.

It's a shame they don't tie these releases to Google version numbers but I suppose that's hard to do.

If anything, they'll give people a premium build instead of plastic to shut people up, but the overall experience will be the same.

Dat screen tho.
Yeah they are doing special stuff with the screen.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Jan 27, 2014, 02:43 PM   #707
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Samsung keyboard and smartstay are no bloatware.

Samsung keyboard is the best keyboard app for android imo.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2014, 10:55 AM   #708
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Yep, my sensor issue was not dirt just like I thought. I manually recalibrated the proximity sensor and it started working immediately.

Woooooo!

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.