Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:45 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Samsung S4 to be unveiled March 14

Almost time to see what they have in store.

http://mashable.com/2013/02/25/samsu...v-on-march-14/

BARCELONA: One thing we know Samsung won't show a the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this year is the Galaxy S IV, the company's most important mobile product of the year.

The announcement is happening in New York this year on March 14, Reuters first reported.

"We introduced the Galaxy S III in London last year, and this time we changed the venue (to New York)... as we were bombarded with requests from U.S. mobile carriers to unveil the Galaxy S IV in the country," said Samsung Electronics' mobile division chief JK Shin.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:59 AM   #2
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

now its getting to the point where i do not need an upgrade.

i am using nexus 4
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:18 AM   #3
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Does this mean it's available around that time or just being announced and will still come out in April? I'm about to snap my phone in half and I'm due for upgrade in a few days.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:25 AM   #4
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

My contract is up in May. Apple should be announcing an event soon. Could be the straw that breaks the camel's back?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:47 AM   #5
Warpedkevin
Old School!

Warpedkevin is still being judged by the masses

Perfect, my contract runs out in May too. I'll be replacing my SII with this beast, whatever it entails!
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:59 AM   #6
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

rumors not looking good:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/haydnsha...or-prime-time/

Quote:
But it looks as though Samsung is backing off a few key innovations that had seemed slated for the S4.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:05 AM   #7
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

non issue.

"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:38 AM   #8
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Looking forward to it. Off contract, and this will either be the phone to get, or should drop the price on the S3 or other current gen phones. Win win.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:12 PM   #9
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

I have another upgrade available so if it's worth it I'll sell this s3 and grab one. If it's the same phone but with a 1080 screen I couldn't care less at that point.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:15 PM   #10
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Quote:
However, the rumor mill is saying the Galaxy S4 smartphone will not live up to expectations.
The S3 didn't live up to many peoples expectations (including mine) but people (including myself) still love the phone.

Last edited by Xiro : Feb 25, 2013 at 06:20 PM.
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:30 PM   #11
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiro View Post
The S3 didn't live up to many peoples expectations (including mine) but people (including myself) still love the phone.
That was last year when Samsung didn't have a lot of competition in the android market. Whether or not it met people's expectations, SGS3 was synonymous to high-end android smartphone. Now we have the Sony Xperia Z, HTC One, and the upcoming Motorola xPhone and LG Optimus G2 - phones that'll surely bite into Samsung's market share if the rumors of the SGS4 is remotely true (Snapdragon 600, no AMOLED, and uninspired SGS2-like design). Former major players in the mobile phone market is coming back with a vengeance, and if Samsung doesn't step up their A-game, they'd be standing on shaky ground IMO.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:50 PM   #12
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Spyhawk is still being judged by the masses

Im looking forward to the S4 launch as Im also looking to upgrade from my S2 this spring/summer. Would be very surprised if Samsung with all their $$$ invested in smartphone RnD over the past years didn't launch another stellar product.
Spyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:44 AM   #13
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

I'd definitely go with an HTC One. Especially if I can root it with stock Android. Hopefully the competition can step up their marketing to beat Samsung. Samsung is pretty much the only Android commercials I ever see (at least remember).
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:31 AM   #14
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiro View Post
Probably so. Every time I walk by a mobile store, they are practically giving the S3's away for cheap or for free.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:46 AM   #15
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

If the s4 does indeed pack a snapdragon. It won't be a bad phone either but nothing that separates it from the rest. However, this can be a good thing as well since there is common hardware among android manus. I will be going the HTC one route, until note 3.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:01 PM   #16
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
If the s4 does indeed pack a snapdragon. It won't be a bad phone either but nothing that separates it from the rest. However, this can be a good thing as well since there is common hardware among android manus. I will be going the HTC one route, until note 3.
Didnt they announce their '8' core Exynos? They'd probably use that wouldnt they?
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:05 PM   #17
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

They had overheating issues with that from what I heard.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:35 PM   #18
Horus
resident kafir

Horus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete stranger

**** I am still using a Galaxy S2 on Sprint since I'm in a WiMax area with no 4G LTE... I even have a brand new Galaxy Note 2 still sitting in its box that's never been activated
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:34 PM   #19
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/biz/.../27/2003555790

So there's a chance we'd see the Exynos 5 in the Samsung Galaxy S4. That's it, I am forfeiting my 40 usd Xperia Z deposit.

Edit: Oops think I quoted the wrong article. Anyhow, check www.androidcentral.com.

Last edited by Chuck : Feb 27, 2013 at 11:40 PM.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:51 PM   #20
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Crushed the Nexus 4 in AnTuTu, if it's legit.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/mobi...benchmark-app/

Seems like it is using the 8 core CPU.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 01:16 PM   #21
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

1080p on a 5 inch screen is insane. Hopefully the US gets the 8 Core CPU.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 01:21 PM   #22
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

batterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifeb atterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifeba tterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebat terylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatt erylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatte rylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatter ylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebattery lifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatterylifebatteryl ife

Also, battery life

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 01:23 PM   #23
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Android specific question:

How long does it take for devs to update their apps for new devices like the S4?

How do I know which apps work on my specific Android device from the Play Store?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 01:27 PM   #24
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

They don't generally have to do device-specific fixes and instead aim for OS-level compatibility. Play store does some restriction based on your OS/device, so you generally can't see apps that won't work with your device. You can also filter user reviews by users that have the same device as you to help you decide. And finally, if it doesn't work, you have a window of time to get a refund.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 02:55 PM   #25
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/04/sam...t-report-says/

Quote:
Chen reports today that eye movement-based content scrolling will be among the Galaxy S IV’s features. Chen’s source, a Samsung employee, also says that the emphasis will be on software, not hardware at the upcoming press event.
Probably a usual bullshit "S" feature that's useless, but we'll see.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 03:00 PM   #26
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'd like to see a 'feature' where you can buy unlocked for $499.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 03:25 PM   #27
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Probably a usual bullshit "S" feature that's useless
You mean like Siri and Google Voice?
That looks pretty badass, but honestly not something I would use.

I have most of the motion stuff turned off on my S3. The only stuff I keep on is the "Turn over to silence" for phone calls and alarms, and.. I think that's it.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 07:34 PM   #28
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Eye Scroll, sounds cool as hell!!
Old Mar 4, 2013, 07:37 PM   #29
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Specs sound alright, but still 8 cores....Jeeeeeeesus. And as zero mentioned above, whats the battery life gonna be.
FMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 07:53 PM   #30
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

8 cores.....no, I'd rather have the Intel Haswell low clocked dual-core with higher IPC with ultra-low voltage mobile version.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote