Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:48 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker View Post
You. You misquoted me as I never said Android was a "worse choice"....if you are going to quote me, get it right or don't quote me. And as far as personal attacks, I have seen you do your fair share of name-calling around here.....
Change the "you" to "one" and re-read my post, that's what I meant.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:49 AM   #152
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Do you want to elaborate or are you going to continue your one sentence replies that contribute Zero to the thread?
Fixed
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:52 AM   #153
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Who the **** is arguing??

All I said was the extra customization doesn't take away from the Android experience, it merely adds to it. You don't have to customize in order to have a snappy, working OS -- but the option is there for the users who want even more.
Actually, what you said was:

Quote:
Just because you don't want to customize your cell phone doesn't make Android a worse choice compared to iOS.
No one said anything about iOS being a worse choice, yet you seem to think that divot, or someone else did.

Quote:
And yeah, I'm a fandroid.. grow up. I didn't say anything against Apple -- funny how when you guys throw around the personal attacks it's all good.
Let's be real here, you've admitted yourself to trolling as a fandroid before.

Divot is right in the sense that if anyone says they like iOS/iPhone, the lot of you seem to take that as green light to jump on them for their personal preference. It's pretty batshit crazy.

How about we all try to coexist and not lord our platform preference over others. And if anyone complains about their issues, try to be helpful instead of antagonistic?

Now back to whether or not the GS3 is worth getting (presumably over Android phones) at this point.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:57 AM   #154
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

OK

bet you ****ers didn't see that coming
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Last edited by Nunz : Dec 20, 2012 at 12:01 PM.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:21 PM   #155
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The GS3 is worth getting at this point.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:27 AM   #156
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

If only the North American version had better audio quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:37 AM   #157
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
What's wrong with it?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:51 AM   #158
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Huh? Mine sounds great...
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:21 PM   #159
Hogrider
Radeon Evergreen

Hogrider is still being judged by the masses

I had the chance to play with a GS3 last night at my work's holiday party.

The screen seems really nice and it is a hell of a lot faster than the first Galaxy S I had. Seems like a pretty good device from the small amount of time I had to play with it.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:05 PM   #160
mabran
Wrigley Field Is A Pit

mabran is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
The GS3 is worth getting at this point.
Why wouldn't it? Its still the top of the line model. The rates phones are updated the top of the line is obsolete before its released so you may as well get the best of what's out. (best for Android based anyway)

system spec: HYPER-V
Phenom II 1090T , 8GB X4 Crucial 1666, Samsung SATA Dual Layer Burner, 5x 1TB Samsung HE103UJ SATA HD's, Windows Server 2008 R2
mabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:51 PM   #161
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabran View Post
Why wouldn't it? Its still the top of the line model. The rates phones are updated the top of the line is obsolete before its released so you may as well get the best of what's out. (best for Android based anyway)
What you quoted and what you said are in agreement
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:25 PM   #162
Zero
Sass hole

He's not contradicting you, obviously, just reinforcing your point by asking a rhetorical question. Sheesh...

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:44 PM   #163
mabran
Wrigley Field Is A Pit

mabran is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
What you quoted and what you said are in agreement
Sorry my speed reading is off today I thought you were asking a question as I missed the "is"

system spec: HYPER-V
Phenom II 1090T , 8GB X4 Crucial 1666, Samsung SATA Dual Layer Burner, 5x 1TB Samsung HE103UJ SATA HD's, Windows Server 2008 R2
mabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:53 PM   #164
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabran View Post
Sorry my speed reading is off today I thought you were asking a question as I missed the "is"
I figured Zero's jump to douchery was unnecessary.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:28 PM   #165
Zero
Sass hole

My douchery is always necessary for you.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:17 PM   #166
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
What's wrong with it?
Quote:
Huh? Mine sounds great...
It's not as good as the international version's audio quality. In switching from the Exynos to the Snapdragon, Samsung traded in the Wolfson DAC for the one on the Qualcomm chip. It's good but not great.

Doesn't matter much to most people, but it does for me (and I'd much rather have the Wolfson over LTE).
Quote:
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:10 AM   #167
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
It's not as good as the international version's audio quality. In switching from the Exynos to the Snapdragon, Samsung traded in the Wolfson DAC for the one on the Qualcomm chip. It's good but not great.

Doesn't matter much to most people, but it does for me (and I'd much rather have the Wolfson over LTE).
I agree this is unfortunate. Even the cheap Kindle Fire HD has a Wolfson DAC.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:42 AM   #168
Zero
Sass hole

Is there an actual audible difference in sound quality through the speaker or regular headphones though?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:44 AM   #169
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

From what I understand using headphones, yes. Built in speakers are always poor audio quality.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:55 AM   #170
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

You can hear the difference. It amazes me how samsung brought the note over with the quad and lte but didn't do it for the s3 it's a shame really. The s2 dual is good but it can't hold up to the s4 quad like the exynos would of. The US s3 is so gimped compared to the international. I think with the s4 we won't see a crippled version.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:07 PM   #171
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
You can hear the difference.
Is there actually proof of this or are you guys just repeating stereophile nuttiness?

I'm curious because my S3 has a thin layer of crackling/static more noticeable with quiet music. Wondering if this is attributed to an inferior quality DAC or just something wrong with my phone.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:13 PM   #172
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I didn't know this, and also notice similar to what you describe Zero, curious which version we have here. I put it down to the headphones.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:14 PM   #173
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Is there actually proof of this or are you guys just repeating stereophile nuttiness?

I'm curious because my S3 has a thin layer of crackling/static more noticeable with quiet music. Wondering if this is attributed to an inferior quality DAC or just something wrong with my phone.
The crackling usually has to do with your earphones. There is proof, head over to headfi.

Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:17 PM   #174
Zero
Sass hole

The onboard speaker does it to. I've tried cheapo headphones to high quality ones with a separate amp, no difference. And it's not the content either, any source of audio will do it.

Some other people getting it here, not sure how common the issue is:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...e-noise-3.html

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:28 PM   #175
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
The onboard speaker does it to. I've tried cheapo headphones to high quality ones with a separate amp, no difference. And it's not the content either, any source of audio will do it.

Some other people getting it here, not sure how common the issue is:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...e-noise-3.html
I've had this issue with 1 or 2 phones. However, in most cases very sensitive iems will create a hiss with most phones.

Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:28 PM   #176
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I just use Bluetooth in my car which is bit exact. The s3 did sound fine when I tested my headphones on it a while ago.
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:26 PM   #177
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
I've had this issue with 1 or 2 phones. However, in most cases very sensitive iems will create a hiss with most phones.
I've tried different headphones and the onboard speaker like I said.

Do you guys think this is related to the inferior DAC? Because if so there wouldn't be much point in getting it serviced right...?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:31 PM   #178
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
I've tried different headphones and the onboard speaker like I said.

Do you guys think this is related to the inferior DAC? Because if so there wouldn't be much point in getting it serviced right...?
I have a very very very small hiss on my note2 on all 3 versions that I own. I can't hear it with my klipsch reference, se315s, but I can hear it with my weston 4rs and shure 535s. Same goes if I try on my gsm s3. On my dna i can hear it with every earbud but it's very very very faint. I don't own a us s3 anymore so I can't really test and I never listened to anything on it when I had it lol. In terms of the speaker I never use the speaker. Sounds like crap anyway lol. I think unless its a very noticeable constant hiss I wouldn't bother.

Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:34 PM   #179
Zero
Sass hole

It's only really noticeable with quiet music but it bothers me knowing it's there...

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:48 AM   #180
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

I think the North American phones have a crackling issue. One of my friends traded in his phone to get it fixed. I think it's a software issue though.
Quote:
Quote: