Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:13 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

If Steve Jobs were still alive he would never had let the iPad 3 be thicker and heavier than the iPad 2. He would have chained those engineers to their desks until they got the damb thing right.

This is the beginning of the end as boat with a broken rudder that is Apple gets slowly dragged by the current of time into the rocks of obliteration.

Personally I never liked iOS, but I am dead serious about what I said. Apple is a company built on values and if they don't follow those values, however insane they may seem at times, they are nothing.

Last edited by aviphysics : Mar 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM.
aviphysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:18 PM   #122
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
If Steve Jobs were still alive he would never had let the iPad 3 be thicker and heavier than the iPad 2. He would have chained those engineers to their desks until they got the damb thing right.

This is the beginning of the end as boat with a broken rudder that is Apple gets slowly dragged by the current of time into the rocks of obliteration.

Personally I never liked iOS, but I am dead serious about what I said.
A lot of folk seem to forget that Apple offered up a lot of failed products. They got the iPod, iPhone and iPads right. But for every iPhone there's a ROKR, for every iPad there's a Pippin and for every Apple TV there's a Macintosh TV... or a Lisa... or a Newton...
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:00 AM   #123
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I love the idea of a quad core chip in it too... Too bad it isn't quad core, it's dual with a quad core gpu. Tegra 3 is quad with a 12 core gpu.
The ipad 2 soc is better than tegra 3

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:03 AM   #124
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
The ipad 2 soc is better than tegra 3
Yeah not really.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:27 AM   #125
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Yeah not really.
Yes, yes it is http://www.anandtech.com/show/5163/a...gra-3-review/3

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

- True Blood
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:30 AM   #126
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Benchmarks that always favor Apple favor Apple, you don't say
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:52 AM   #127
badboy
Merc with a mouth

Quote:
Benchmarks that always favor Apple favor Apple, you don't say
What? So you have anything else that proves that tegra 3 is better?

- True Blood
Old Mar 8, 2012, 01:58 AM   #128
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Apple seems to have lost a bit of their edge that they could have kept here with, a true quad-core CPU, Siri, and perhaps a slimmer form factor. I'm sure it'll be a fine product however... but I feel much the same about this as I did about the 4GS. Though this is a bit stronger product IMHO. I suppose the worst thing here is the level of unwarranted hype though...

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 03:10 AM   #129
badboy
Merc with a mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
Apple seems to have lost a bit of their edge that they could have kept here with, a true quad-core CPU, Siri, and perhaps a slimmer form factor. I'm sure it'll be a fine product however... but I feel much the same about this as I did about the 4GS. Though this is a bit stronger product IMHO. I suppose the worst thing here is the level of unwarranted hype though...
ipad 3 (yes I am going to call it 3 ) is exactly what I wanted and why I didnt buy ipad 1 and 2.

So in my eyes its a very strong new product and for many other who have been waiting.

I dont think people remember what a BIG difference double the res makes for the screen. It will look really good. When I look at a 3gs screen I just think "WTF IS THIS ****!"

- True Blood
Old Mar 8, 2012, 04:02 AM   #130
monkeydust
Radeon Arctic Islands

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydust View Post
I preordered a 16GB wifi w/black leather case. Gonna give my first gen to my wife to use as an eReader. Took a lot of effort through all the timeouts on the apple store to get it.
Changed my order the the 32 GB model as I noticed my 16 GB iPad is almost full and assuming apps for the retina display will be larger.
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX case
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 04:32 AM   #131
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I don't understand the disappointment of some people on this forum and generally on the internet.
I am not an Apple fanboi, so maybe having the ability think with my own head instead of that of Apple's PR helps in this regard, but still:

- You get a resolution higher than most of the 24' LCD monitors you're staring at right now.
- You get "apple quality" display
- You get LTE
- You get more processing power to handle the resolution (I have no reason do think they're lying in this regard)
- You get the camera from the Iphone 4s, which is a quality piece of kit.
- All these features are packaged in a quality "frame"
- You get tweaks, fixes, updated software, and a crippled version of Siri.

How is this a disappointment, especially considering a lot people have jumped on the Ipad 2 like it was the second coming of Christ almighty, even though they had an Ipad 1.
It seems to me the Ipad 3 is a good upgrade, and a good tablet overall.

What's the problem, it bothers you it doesn't have a name and it uses the same design so you can't boast with your "new" apple gizmo ?

Honestly, you put up with the App Store booting you out after each transaction, the lack of proper widgets, the closed ecosystem, lack of expandable storage and everything else Apple does worse than the competition, but when it comes to some pretty impressive things in terms of features, hardware, screen, etc, "you're disappointed"
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 04:47 AM   #132
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

smart move by apple. so one year later they can release New ipad S or ipad 3 with quad core cpu upgrade.

so i think i wil wait another year or half for the real ipad 3.
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

Last edited by wc326 : Mar 8, 2012 at 04:50 AM.
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 05:22 AM   #133
badboy
Merc with a mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
smart move by apple. so one year later they can release New ipad S or ipad 3 with quad core cpu upgrade.

so i think i wil wait another year or half for the real ipad 3.
how is this not a "real" ipad 3
Because they didnt change the design?

I dont understand this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydust View Post
Changed my order the the 32 GB model as I noticed my 16 GB iPad is almost full and assuming apps for the retina display will be larger.
Yeah Ill be getting the 32Gb also. You wont come far with 16GB
I have a 32GB iphone 4s now and its enough for lots of pics some videos and lots of big games. Have 7GB left
The 16GB iphone 4 I had previously was full all the time

- True Blood

Last edited by badboy : Mar 8, 2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 05:44 AM   #134
psychogmv
Radeon R300

psychogmv is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post

Personally I never liked iOS, but I am dead serious about what I said. Apple is a company built on values and if they don't follow those values, however insane they may seem at times, they are nothing.
Actually this happened before with the iPhone 3G. It was 0.5 mm thicker than the original iPhone, and Apple had to make its edges thinner to the consumer to have impression it was thinner. But in reality it was thicker.
psychogmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 06:54 AM   #135
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
how is this not a "real" ipad 3
Because they didnt change the design?

I dont understand this?

:
rofl, ipad 3 or not.

i was only referring to the next generation of ipad.

if this one is called ipad3. then it will be the "REAL" ipad 4 on my last comment.

Because APple didn't use IPad 3 as the name of the device. probably the next Gen ipad device will be called ipad 3?? don't you think
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

Last edited by wc326 : Mar 8, 2012 at 06:57 AM.
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 09:04 AM   #136
m4trix
Banned

m4trix is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
I don't understand the disappointment of some people on this forum and generally on the internet.
I am not an Apple fanboi, so maybe having the ability think with my own head instead of that of Apple's PR helps in this regard, but still:

- You get a resolution higher than most of the 24' LCD monitors you're staring at right now.
- You get LTE
- You get more processing power to handle the resolution (I have no reason do think they're lying in this regard)

How is this a disappointment, especially considering a lot people have jumped on the Ipad 2 like it was the second coming of Christ almighty, even though they had an Ipad 1.

What's the problem, it bothers you it doesn't have a name and it uses the same design so you can't boast with your "new" apple gizmo ?

Honestly, you put up with the App Store booting you out after each transaction, the lack of proper widgets, the closed ecosystem, lack of expandable storage and everything else Apple does worse than the competition, but when it comes to some pretty impressive things in terms of features, hardware, screen, etc, "you're disappointed"
Only the US gets 4G
m4trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 09:11 AM   #137
badboy
Merc with a mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4trix View Post
Only the US gets 4G
That isnt confirmed yet. All the swedish telecom companies have asked apple about it but havent got an answer yet. Swedish newspaper have contacted apple representatives and they say they dont know.

They could have made an ipad for EU

- True Blood
Old Mar 8, 2012, 09:50 AM   #138
meerkat154
Radeon R600

meerkat154 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymeerkat154 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post

- You get LTE

As a very pleased Transformer Prime owner I have to admit the hardware looks impressive on the Ipad3. However that being said - I'm in the same boat as you - it's the OS that is the rub for me and Apple's strong arm tactics of what you can and can't do with their devices. What immediately drew me to Android devices is the freedom to install and do whatever you want with the device.

Ultimately Android tablets will attract the more technical folks who like to be "hand's on" with the hardware and OS. As a PC builder it's the same reason why I would never buy a complete factory "assembled" PC because I enjoy the challenge that goes with various components and choices of operating systems.

I would never buy my parents an Android tablet and my Mom seems to very happy with her Ipad2 that clearly steers the user on what can be done. Apple does a good job at that.
-Kat
meerkat154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:11 AM   #139
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat154 View Post
As a very pleased Transformer Prime owner I have to admit the hardware looks impressive on the Ipad3. However that being said - I'm in the same boat as you - it's the OS that is the rub for me and Apple's strong arm tactics of what you can and can't do with their devices. What immediately drew me to Android devices is the freedom to install and do whatever you want with the device.

Ultimately Android tablets will attract the more technical folks who like to be "hand's on" with the hardware and OS. As a PC builder it's the same reason why I would never buy a complete factory "assembled" PC because I enjoy the challenge that goes with various components and choices of operating systems.

I would never buy my parents an Android tablet and my Mom seems to very happy with her Ipad2 that clearly steers the user on what can be done. Apple does a good job at that.
-Kat
I agree with you but unfortunately, I do not code my own apps. The android app market, at least last time I saw it, was unfortunately very barren. When apple holds the vast majority of tablet market share, developers will choose the ipad. Just like viruses and mac/pc, devs want their product out to the maximum amount of people as possible, which leaves the android tablets in the backseat for their development processes.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:42 AM   #140
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I wonder how much Apple pays those actors and photographers to do all those colorful photos for their products. Colorful clothing, colorful backgrounds. Gotta love their marketing.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:05 AM   #141
m4trix
Banned

m4trix is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
That isnt confirmed yet. All the swedish telecom companies have asked apple about it but havent got an answer yet. Swedish newspaper have contacted apple representatives and they say they dont know.

They could have made an ipad for EU
It is almost confirmed. Here in Denmark apple are getting slamed.
m4trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 02:13 PM   #142
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Mine should be here on the 16th.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 02:14 PM   #143
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Don't forget that he said the same thing when the iPhone 4S was announced then later bought it. Same thing with the original iPad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Not this time.
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 02:15 PM   #144
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I thought it wasn't worth upgrading to?
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 02:24 PM   #145
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
I always call it right
Old Mar 8, 2012, 02:24 PM   #146
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I thought it wasn't worth upgrading to?
The retina display is going to own. When I think about it, iPad 2's rez is probably the only thing I don't like about it (especially in Kindle mode). It gets the job done sure, but Retina is going to be crazy good.

Plus, I'm not sure what possessed me to get the iPad 2 in white. I prefer the black look, especially when reading or photos.

Also, I'm thinking about future costs. So let's say I keep my iPad 2 until iPad 2013 comes out. I won't even be able to sell my iPad 2 for much more than $100-200, if I'm lucky. I'm better off staying current. I'm taking a larger loss this time because I waited too long, but I know that come next year's rumor mill, I need to be quick on the draw. I can't play it like I play the iPhone (mostly because I need the phone 24/7; the iPad I do a few weeks without)
Old Mar 8, 2012, 02:25 PM   #147
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I always call it right
I know I know. You'll be coming to the Dark Side shortly my friend.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 02:26 PM   #148
slick
Radeon Evergreen

slick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyslick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Got mine ordered, retina display was the deciding factor. Best part, after I told my mom I was going to give her my iPad 2 so she can facetime with my sister, she got my dad to buy me the new iPad, booya! Gotta love parents that think there 29 year old son is still there "little boy"

Don't hate.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 02:30 PM   #149
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

^ I hate you for using "there" instead of "their".
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 02:32 PM   #150
slick
Radeon Evergreen

slick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyslick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViCyniC View Post
^ I hate you for using "there" instead of "their" at age 29.
They'res know knead four dat.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote