Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old May 3, 2012, 04:50 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaBlo666 View Post
Yeah i hear ya i just hate to have to recharge my phone mid day that rzr maxx sure gets the job done right

I don't think that 2100 mah batt is going to last a full day of use with that quadcore cpu plus that huge 4.8 screen. Another android i wont get
but...its got so much powerz!!!!
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 05:16 PM   #92
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
where?
http://www.slashgear.com/galaxy-s-ii...rked-03226078/
Old May 3, 2012, 06:29 PM   #93
fryjs
Rage3D Veteran

fryjs is still being judged by the masses

It's a solid offering specs-wise, but it just looks so... pedestrian.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 3, 2012, 07:21 PM   #94
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I just got home from work eager to see the information released about the SIII. I know the hype machine was rolling for this phone but after reading I'm just kinda like.....meh
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 07:44 PM   #95
Chuki
Radeon Evergreen

Chuki is still being judged by the masses

Was gonna debate between this or Sprint variant of the One X. Pentile Screen? YUCK!!!!! Looks like its HTC again this year.
Chuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 07:50 PM   #96
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

HTC One needs expandable storage and better battery performance...

Why can't anyone release a phone with 4"+ SAMOLED+ 720p screen, 2+core+ good GPU, 1GB of RAM, 16GB internal flash + expandable storage, top tier 8MP camera, and battery life that lasts more than 2 days??

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 08:00 PM   #97
Chuki
Radeon Evergreen

The Sprint version of the HTC One X, includes a MicroSD slot, and a larger non removable battery.
Old May 3, 2012, 08:09 PM   #98
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I think I am most disappointed with the way it looks. Most smart phone these days are pretty capable devices. So the next deciding factor for me is my feelings towards its build quality, design, and feel. I really wanted it to look like the leaked picture above

Hopefully the new iPhone gets debuted this summer cause thats when my contract is up. I may be forced to get something else to renew my contract... is there a way to stall upgrading on ATT?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 08:15 PM   #99
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Cool thanks for the info. I hope the model's not gonna be Sprint-exclusive for long.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old May 3, 2012, 08:16 PM   #100
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I think I am most disappointed with the way it looks. Most smart phone these days are pretty capable devices. So the next deciding factor for me is my feelings towards its build quality, design, and feel. I really wanted it to look like the leaked picture above

Hopefully the new iPhone gets debuted this summer cause thats when my contract is up. I may be forced to get something else to renew my contract... is there a way to stall upgrading on ATT?

Can't you go month to month until the new phone comes out and then renew your contract? That's what we do here.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old May 3, 2012, 08:25 PM   #101
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post

Why can't anyone release a phone with 4"+ SAMOLED+ 720p screen, 2+core+ good GPU, 1GB of RAM, 16GB internal flash + expandable storage, top tier 8MP camera, and battery life that lasts more than 2 days??
You just described my next phone!! where can i buy it please?
Old May 3, 2012, 08:31 PM   #102
Chuki
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Cool thanks for the info. I hope the model's not gonna be Sprint-exclusive for long.
HTC May pull a GSM version like they did with the EVO 3d, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The new model is the EVO 4G LTE. It's basically the One X dual core version, with a different case, kick stand, sd card slot, and 2000mah battery.
Old May 3, 2012, 08:35 PM   #103
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Can't you go month to month until the new phone comes out and then renew your contract? That's what we do here.
I am not sure if they let you coast a couple months without renewing a contract. I have yet to look it up cause I have until august. I hope so though.

Old May 3, 2012, 09:06 PM   #104
Zero
Sass hole

Have you never had service that wasn't under contract

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old May 3, 2012, 09:07 PM   #105
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It's the iPhone 4S all over again. Not quite a bad product, though not quite enough to meet the hype.

Kudos to them going with an all-original design; I give them that. Here's hoping Samsung releases a Galaxy Note 2 w/ Windows 8. Now that's something I'd get to justify a smartphone upgrade (currently have an iPhone 4s).
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 09:25 PM   #106
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Have you never had service that wasn't under contract
Prepaid phone a looong time ago.. but Ive been under 2 year contracts for at least 8 years.

Old May 3, 2012, 10:11 PM   #107
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Prepaid phone a looong time ago.. but Ive been under 2 year contracts for at least 8 years.
The phone company will be happy to keep taking your usual monthly payment without having to spend $400 to subsidize your next phone. Of course, they will still be willing to hand you a new phone and contract when you are ready.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:41 PM   #108
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
It will be more interesting to see what the reviews are like. It looks like that bench was run at the unpacking. No telling if Samsung made any tweaks to the phone or OS to get a little edge. Not that artificial bench marks really mean that much.

edit: Here is a more comprehensive list of benches by Engadget.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/03/gsiii-benchmarks/
At first blush it looks like it is basically on par with the other 2012 super phones.

Last edited by aviphysics : May 4, 2012 at 12:25 AM.
aviphysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 02:13 AM   #109
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

so this sgs3 is pentile panel?
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 03:13 AM   #110
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It is, yes.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 03:48 AM   #111
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

who also think the htc one x screen look better than samsung galaxy 3
is the sgs3 even using super amoled.. the color seems very wash out, it just doesn't feel like a samsung screen

Last edited by wc326 : May 4, 2012 at 03:56 AM.
Old May 4, 2012, 04:13 AM   #112
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Well, I obviously haven't seen the S3 screen for myself, but since I own a One X I can say, hands on heart, it's a drop dead gorgeous display, absolutely brilliant, super crisp and sharp, no pixels to be seen (IPS, non pentile), vivid colors and brilliant outdoor visibility. I put it head to head with a Galaxy Nexus and there is no contest, the X looks much, much better.
Maybe the S3 will have better blacks, since it's AMOLED and all, but overall, if you want screen quality, you can't go wrong with the X.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 06:57 AM   #113
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

from the photo it does show how good the one x display is even compare to sgs3, and iphone 4s..

the girl on that photo is so life like

Old May 4, 2012, 11:21 AM   #114
Odiumvex
Radeon R420

Odiumvex is still being judged by the masses

yea but look how washed out the icons are on those two compared to the s3
Odiumvex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 11:33 AM   #115
Hatecrime69
Radeon Evergreen

Hatecrime69 is still being judged by the masses

it looks like they tried to make the selling point the software rather than the hardware, though if it was a quad-core a15 rather than a quad-core a9 for me this cemented my decision to upgrade to galaxy nexus (that i have to wait until monday to order ) It's not bad hardware, just not fantastic hardware vs what's already out (like htc's onex)
Hatecrime69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 12:24 PM   #116
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
the girl on that photo is so life like
True, but why isn't the girl on all three screens so we can make a real comparison. When I compare screens I want the same content on all of them.

As far as the S3 goes pentile and battery are total deal breakers. I'll hold onto my Droid Charge and its Super AMOLED Plus display.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 02:11 PM   #117
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:

Dont they have phones that meet or exceed those specs?
You'd just need to buy an extended battery for it......
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 02:56 PM   #118
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Only the Evo 4g LTE (One X) comes close. I don't know why you would care very much about internal storage if it had a micro SD slot though. For me, storage has not yet been an issue. Hopefully that will remain true for the next couple years.
Old May 4, 2012, 03:06 PM   #119
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Nope. And I hate extended batteries, what's the point of making a slim and sexy phone if it can't hold a charge without some ugly bulky pack?

Avi, it doesn't need 16GB internal (or any amount really), I figure that's a basic amount that most phones come with these days. SD expansion is key as you mentioned.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"

Last edited by Zero : May 4, 2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old May 5, 2012, 09:20 PM   #120
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Samsung S3 more powerful than iPhone 4s:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5810/s...rmance-preview

Not really much by itself, but that power is being used to drive a 4.8" 720p display. 3.5" is just too small these days .
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote