Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Feb 1, 2012, 08:38 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Tizen
Custom User Title

Tizen is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
It won't be announced at MWC this year, but "at a later date"

http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/01/s...-launch-event/
Hoozah, more time till all new high-end phones get demoted to midhigh-end.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:50 AM   #32
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

rumors - release 'as early as may', will have a quad core, super amoled+, will be really thin.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/02...dictable-ways/

not really worth speculating on such early rumors but i do wish they would stop reducing the phone size. all it ever means is lesser battery life, and who wants that?
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:32 AM   #33
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Galaxy S3 MAXX coming in Q3 2012

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:24 PM   #34
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

another new rumor

simultaneous launch in 50 countries (read: delay), 4.8" samoled+ hd screen, quad core, ics.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/02...essor-with-it/
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:55 PM   #35
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

If it comes out like that would be incredible.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:57 PM   #36
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

^ No way, that's too good to be true.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:48 PM   #37
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
If it comes out like that would be incredible.
mmmmmmm
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:51 PM   #38
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

That bezel to bezel screen is pretty sexy.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:01 PM   #39
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
That bezel to bezel screen is pretty sexy.
Do you think that will lead to an easy to break screen?

Also the 1800 mah battery sucks. I'd like to see a 5,000 mah battery instead. I don't care if it's 1 inch thick.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:07 PM   #40
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Do you think that will lead to an easy to break screen?

Also the 1800 mah battery sucks. I'd like to see a 5,000 mah battery instead. I don't care if it's 1 inch thick.
I suspect not. In some of our drop tests it's come up that the bezel surrounding gorilla glass or other hardened screens can be less solid than the glass itself. The lack of a bezel here would be more of a "how do I hold it?" annoyance than a structural flaw I imagine.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:18 PM   #41
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Hold it? As you would a buttered piece of toast, especially while talking

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:00 PM   #42
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Think the backing on the phone will really play to it's fit inside your hand. Also, I dont think holding it is a problem unless your hands are every so moist from too much lotion.

Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:26 AM   #43
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Can you change the battery?
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:16 AM   #44
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Old Mar 2, 2012, 04:24 PM   #45
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Is that an actual picture of the phone? Its sex.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:44 AM   #46
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:50 PM   #47
EMunEeE
Formerly MrEMan4K

EMunEeE is still being judged by the masses

Waiting has worked well for Samsung. It's easily the second most anticipated phone of 2012.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:49 PM   #48
Zero
Sass hole

I wonder if they're delaying the S3 to steal some of iPhone 5's thunder.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:20 PM   #49
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I wonder if they're delaying the S3 to steal some of iPhone 5's thunder.
I doubt there is anything that could possibly steal an i product's thunder coming this year.

Except maybe a solid Win 8 tablet.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:28 PM   #50
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

It's a shame really. The s2 is already an awesome phone, the s3 should be awesome too. Nexus line of phones try to stick to the base android experience and samsung should really just stick to that and forgo that ugly touchwiz. A nicely rommed s2 puts a tweaked iphone 4s to shame in almost every way. I've had a s2 followed by changing it to the sprint's version since release and among all the android I've had in the past year (galaxy nexus included) and nothing matches up.

Last edited by nycdarkness : Mar 19, 2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 03:39 AM   #51
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

And yet another render:

http://www.gsmarena.com/new_galaxy_s...-news-4057.php

If that's real (doubtful), then...wow.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2012, 02:51 AM   #52
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

still in the realm of rumor i suppose, but they have to be getting close now

Samsung “Next Galaxy” unveil on May 3 in London
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:23 AM   #53
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

I wouldn't call an official press release "in the realm of rumor".

BTW seems like Engadget got one to. http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/16/s...3rd-in-london/

Will be nice to finally know what the deal. What I want to know more than anything else is whether or not it will be hitting t-mobile sooner rather than later. If not then the device is pretty much meaningless to me. I also really hope it isn't as ugly as the first two were.

Last edited by aviphysics : Apr 16, 2012 at 10:26 AM.
aviphysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:24 AM   #54
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Will likely be my first smartphone. I'm looking forward to getting one (if the price is right) and switching over to a corporate plan!
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:56 AM   #55
nrs421
Radeon Arctic Islands

nrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

US S3 will not be quad core while European and Asian versions will be.

http://www.slashgear.com/us-galaxy-s...chip-26224870/

Quote:
he executive, who didn’t wish to be identified, said the following in the Korea Times:
Samsung plans to release its Galaxy S III smartphone according to different specifications and different markets. For European consumers, it will use 3G and the company’s own quad-core mobile APs, while its own solution that combines LTE, 3G and quad-core mobile APs will be used for the Korean version. But only in the United States, will Samsung use Qualcomm chips.

nrs421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:08 AM   #56
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
That's a bad chop and was posted in the other thread. That looks nothing like the actual phone in the OP...
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:05 PM   #57
Zero
Sass hole

Looks pretty close to me:

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:11 PM   #58
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Looks pretty close to me:

Are you blind? No Samsung logo, the soft buttons are not that close to the bottom of the phone and the top of the screen goes way too far up for all the stuff they put up there. Also, if it's Super AMOLED+ then why is the black of the soft button area a different black from the casing? If you can't tell that's a chop you might need glasses. It looks like someone took their SGS2 and chopped the screen larger, adding extra lens flare to make it look legit.

edit: hell the soft buttons aren't even in the right order or the right style!

Last edited by Elysian : Apr 26, 2012 at 12:22 PM.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:38 PM   #59
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Are you blind? No Samsung logo, the soft buttons are not that close to the bottom of the phone and the top of the screen goes way too far up for all the stuff they put up there. Also, if it's Super AMOLED+ then why is the black of the soft button area a different black from the casing? If you can't tell that's a chop you might need glasses. It looks like someone took their SGS2 and chopped the screen larger, adding extra lens flare to make it look legit.

That is the same phone that Engadget posted a video of that I linked to in another thread.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/20/galaxy-s-iii-leak/

It is at least a real working device or someone went through way to much effort to make that video. BTW, the Samsung Logo is at the bottom. I suspect the soft buttons might be in wrong order do to some country customization. edit: The phone in the video seems too slow to be the real GS3 though.

Whether it is the real device or not I do suspect the final device will look like that. Those people over at Samsung don't exactly come off as big on imagination if you ask me.

Given the CPU is basically the same GHz and architecture as Tegra 3 I suspect this will come off as the most over hyped phone of the year.

Last edited by aviphysics : Apr 26, 2012 at 12:42 PM.
aviphysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:58 PM   #60
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post

I didn't say it was *identical*, just that it's not that far off. Not like say some of concept chops (made by the general public) before iPhone 4 launch for example.

But I guess I shouldn't expect any less from rage3d's most pedantic mofo...

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"