Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:30 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Samsung Galaxy S3

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:28 AM   #2
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Samsung Galaxy S3 Rumours

Tipped as touting a hefty 2GHz dual-core CPU with 2GB of RAM the Samsung Galaxy S3 is lined up to land with a whopping 4.6-inch Super AMOLED Plus HD display and an impressive 12-megapixel camera with 1080p full HD video recording capabilities.

Hope the camera is top notch too.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Bad chop + rumor mill != reality...
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:36 AM   #4
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

It's from a Samsung CES vid

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:22 PM   #5
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

oh... so the leak wasn't the iPhone 5, it was the S3
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:29 PM   #6
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
It's from a Samsung CES vid

That doesn't mean much, they can show any kind of weird concept they want in a video. Look at it just like cars, just because you see something in concept doesn't mean it's going to be reality.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 01:40 PM   #7
Zero
Sass hole

All I'm saying is it's not a chopped picture.

Because you know, you're a pedantic mofo, and I like to be ironic.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jan 25, 2012, 01:42 PM   #8
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
All I'm saying is it's not a chopped picture.

Because you know, you're a pedantic mofo, and I like to be ironic.
It's not a real device either though.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 01:50 PM   #9
Zero
Sass hole

No way to confirm/deny. We'll see if there's an official announcement in a month or so.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jan 25, 2012, 02:19 PM   #10
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

They wouldn't leak this kind of stuff by accident. Everything is done on purpose to be honest. It's most likely a prototype and they wanted to let out.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 02:47 PM   #11
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Why would the release the S3 already?
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 02:52 PM   #12
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Why would the release the S3 already?
S2 will be a year old in May and Samsung Nexus isn't truly their flagship?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jan 25, 2012, 04:23 PM   #13
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

If it is Super AMOLED Plus that would be fantastic!
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 04:26 PM   #14
Tizen
Custom User Title

Tizen is still being judged by the masses

I'll guess its a pentile screen
Old Jan 25, 2012, 06:41 PM   #15
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
and Samsung Nexus isn't truly their flagship?
i don't know why this is the case but i think it's quite unfortunate. the nexus really should be the top android phone and google should consider giving the next one to moto or htc.

i was thinking of buying the nexus here. samsung was supposed to release it in november, then they postponed it to late january and then just yesterday they postponed it to march. they're supposedly doing this to protect sales of the galaxy note. if the s3 really does get announced for april/may, then they will basically be sending the nexus out to die if they release it in march. if they don't give a **** about the nexus brands, why should google continue to give it to them?
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:48 PM   #16
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Samsung's mobile/comp business moto - take all Apple product rumors and turn it into reality. It it just me or is that a carbon copy of the leaked/chopped pics of what the iPhone 5 was supposed to look like?
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 09:15 PM   #17
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Samsung's mobile/comp business moto - take all Apple product rumors and turn it into reality. It it just me or is that a carbon copy of the leaked/chopped pics of what the iPhone 5 was supposed to look like?

that is nothing new, i guess samsung and apples has hired the same designer.

since the galaxy ace looks very much like an iphone 4 lol
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:06 PM   #18
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
i don't know why this is the case but i think it's quite unfortunate. the nexus really should be the top android phone and google should consider giving the next one to moto or htc.

i was thinking of buying the nexus here. samsung was supposed to release it in november, then they postponed it to late january and then just yesterday they postponed it to march. they're supposedly doing this to protect sales of the galaxy note. if the s3 really does get announced for april/may, then they will basically be sending the nexus out to die if they release it in march. if they don't give a **** about the nexus brands, why should google continue to give it to them?
Is it Samsung delaying the Nexus in your area (India?), or is it the service providers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
that is nothing new, i guess samsung and apples has hired the same designer.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:57 AM   #19
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Is it Samsung delaying the Nexus in your area (India?), or is it the service providers?
it's samsung. phones that are sold here are unlocked, there are no carrier contracts and they have no say about when a particular model will release.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:25 AM   #20
Zero
Sass hole

Saw a theory that consumer response was poor to the iPhone 4 due to its price and that manufacturers are hesitant to release high end phones in India now? You may be getting a delayed launch for the S3 as well then...

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:53 PM   #21
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Saw a theory that consumer response was poor to the iPhone 4 due to its price and that manufacturers are hesitant to release high end phones in India now? You may be getting a delayed launch for the S3 as well then...
like i said, we get unlocked phones here that aren't carrier subsidized, so we have to pay full price upfront. the reason apple phones would bomb is because they cost way too much. would you pay 1000$ for an iphone 4s 32gb?

that doesn't mean there isn't a market for high end smartphones, but from experience i would say that it caps out at around 600-650$ for most people. the samsung galaxy s2 released at around that price and went on to become the fastest selling smartphone in the country. all the latest/top end phones (htc sensation series, moto razr, galaxy note, lumia 800 etc.) sell at around the 600$ price point and they do just fine.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:04 AM   #22
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
like i said, we get unlocked phones here that aren't carrier subsidized, so we have to pay full price upfront. the reason apple phones would bomb is because they cost way too much. would you pay 1000$ for an iphone 4s 32gb?

that doesn't mean there isn't a market for high end smartphones, but from experience i would say that it caps out at around 600-650$ for most people. the samsung galaxy s2 released at around that price and went on to become the fastest selling smartphone in the country. all the latest/top end phones (htc sensation series, moto razr, galaxy note, lumia 800 etc.) sell at around the 600$ price point and they do just fine.
that is similar to my place, we get most unlock phone here as well wihtout being contracted with a carrier.

iphone is like 800-1000 us dollars
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

Last edited by wc326 : Jan 27, 2012 at 12:09 AM.
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2012, 09:41 PM   #23
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
that is similar to my place, we get most unlock phone here as well wihtout being contracted with a carrier.

iphone is like 800-1000 us dollars
And we all know who purchase said overpriced phones.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:13 PM   #24
train2win
Radeon Southern Islands

train2win is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

What is your average monthly phone bill and does it come with data?
train2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2012, 01:45 PM   #25
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by train2win View Post
What is your average monthly phone bill and does it come with data?
i think we have some of the cheapest plans in the world. i'm a light user so my bill (which comes to 5-7$ a month, calls + 2gb of data which i don't use because i'm always on wifi) isn't anything to go by. but on average, i'd say a regular person will not cross 15-20$ a month.

Last edited by spindoctor : Jan 29, 2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 02:36 PM   #26
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Wow that's awesome!

Makes you wonder where the $60 a plan plus $40 in data per month go with the major US telcos.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2012, 04:32 PM   #27
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

yea, all the competition for marketshare has driven the prices into the ground. local calls can be the equivalent of about 1 cent/min, long distance 2c/min, international 5-10c/min, 1000 sms messages for 50c/month etc.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 07:14 PM   #28
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJMasta View Post
Wow that's awesome!

Makes you wonder where the $60 a plan plus $40 in data per month go with the major US telcos.
North American telcos are inflated for sure, but also remember our hourly labor rates are an order of magnitude higher. All those telco employees have to be paid something, so higher rates = cost of doing business + profit margin.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jan 29, 2012, 07:36 PM   #29
train2win
Radeon Southern Islands

train2win is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
i think we have some of the cheapest plans in the world. i'm a light user so my bill (which comes to 5-7$ a month, calls + 2gb of data which i don't use because i'm always on wifi). but on average, i'd say a regular person will not cross 15-20$ a month.
I was in the mideast and everyone was bitching about expensive phone plans and they were paying around $15 a month and I laughed to myself because in Canada the average Data Plan works out to be near $80 after taxes. We are getting ROBBED out here.

I would much rather pay the full price of the phone outright instead of a subsidized phone for 250 and locked in for 3years. Bastards have you by the balls here.
train2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 06:58 AM   #30
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It won't be announced at MWC this year, but "at a later date"

http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/01/s...-launch-event/
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote